Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

Zarkov Cortez posted:

You could always just take a little gs and fill in the grooves.

The lower leg "muscles" also look pretty bad too. Easier to just swap completely.

PaintVagrant posted:

I like the collar/cuff on that armor a lot

This.

Also just noticed the lightning effect on the official painted models. Best lightning effect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chenghiz
Feb 14, 2007

WHITE WHALE
HOLY GRAIL

MaliciousOnion posted:

The lower leg "muscles" also look pretty bad too. Easier to just swap completely.

All I see is a pseudo-shin definition. Muscle definition would be on the back of the lower leg if anywhere, and I'm not seeing it.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Someone convert belly button knee into disgusting rear end nurgley sores for plague marines.

Chewbaccanator
Apr 7, 2010

Fyrbrand posted:

Someone convert belly button knee into disgusting rear end nurgley sores for plague marines.

Don't forget to match that with converted deamon nipples.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

PaintVagrant posted:

I like the collar/cuff on that armor a lot

you could make some fuckin ownage sternguard from this set

it even comes with parts for combi-weapons

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Zarkov Cortez posted:

:q:

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!

MasterSlowPoke posted:

you could make some fuckin ownage sternguard from this set

it even comes with parts for combi-weapons

It does? I need to look a lot harder at my sprue then...

In the meantime, enjoy some Ultramarines a friend of mine painted up.

Vindicator 1

Vindicator 2

Land Speeder with Vindicator in background

Close-up of the instrument panel

Excuse the crappy cellphone pics.

Sole.Sushi fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Apr 8, 2010

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Fyrbrand posted:

Well this being a Slaaneshi conversion...:q:

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

bhsman posted:

Well this being a Slaaneshi conversion...:q:

Does that mean you'd now enjoy getting kneed in the groin?

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Indolent Bastard posted:

Does that mean you'd now enjoy getting kneed in the groin?

Such foul thoughts, I was implying it would be part of a power armor-powered speaker system, silly. :colbert:

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!

bhsman posted:

Such foul thoughts, I was implying it would be part of a power armor-powered speaker system, silly. :colbert:

loving liar. :colbert:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Sole.Sushi posted:

loving liar. :colbert:

Search your feelings, for you know that it would rock :rock:

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

crime fighting hog posted:

Just bought these. I want to make them look like chaos marines but don't know where to begin. Should I start hacking and filing off the purity seals and blood drops? Or keep the gems on? I'm thinking the paint scheme will be Angels of Ecstasy, like this

which is a poo poo picture, so I redid it on painter

So, what do you guys think? Worth the trouble? What chaos bits should I tack on? I'm tempted just to use a bunch of the possessed bits, or should I have the corruption be more subtle?

You know that color make it look like you've got a bunch of naked dudes running around right?

stabbington
Sep 1, 2007

It doesn't feel right to kill an unarmed man... but I'll get over it.

Humboldt squid posted:

You know that color make it look like you've got a bunch of naked dudes running around right?

It's slaanesh, so I'd assume that's the point.

Zarkov Cortez
Aug 18, 2007

Alas, our kitten class attack ships were no match for their mighty chairs

Sole.Sushi posted:

All the wings would be cool for emperor's children

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Those helmets that are more like facemasks would be cool for a creepy looking chaos lord or sorceror.

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord
Those wings + purple = Hawk Lords :iamafag:

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

Fyrbrand posted:

Those helmets that are more like facemasks would be cool for a creepy looking chaos lord or sorceror.

I plan on using either all of those or bare headed chaos heads.

Humboldt squid posted:

Which is Slaanesh as gently caress. I'm torn between pink and purple though. I don't plan on using these models in game.

Zarkov Cortez
Aug 18, 2007

Alas, our kitten class attack ships were no match for their mighty chairs

Anphrax posted:

Those wings + purple = Hawk Lords :iamafag:

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

Zarkov Cortez posted:

oh poo poo I can't make up my mind

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord
Hawk Lords are loving money. Purple and Gold motha fuckaz!

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Sole.Sushi posted:

I mean that the Melta/Flamer/Plasma pistols are pretty easy to make combi-weapons from.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Sole.Sushi posted:

In the meantime, enjoy some Ultramarines a friend of mine painted up.

Vindicator 1

Vindicator 2

Land Speeder with Vindicator in background

Close-up of the instrument panel

Excuse the crappy cellphone pics.
drat dude, these are amazing. He painted that Ultramarines logo on the base of the Landspeeder too?

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=47980

This is what I use, it is excellent.

'sup fellow maplin's daylight lamp abuser :haw::respek::v:

I think that lamp is a UK goon must have, seems to be the easiest to get hold of in the UK. Not looking forward to the day my bulb goes though.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

enri posted:

'sup fellow maplin's daylight lamp abuser :haw::respek::v:

I think that lamp is a UK goon must have, seems to be the easiest to get hold of in the UK. Not looking forward to the day my bulb goes though.

I picked up an anglepoise knockoff in a charity shop for £2, added a 60w Daylight bulb for £2, now nothing in my house looks right 'cause I spend so much time under that thing.

Yog-Sothoth
Mar 8, 2005

Yog-Sothoth is the key and the guardian of the gate
WIP farseer, couldnt get the photo properly lit so it's not as bright as it should be, the armor edge highlights still need another coat though. I'm also kinda unhappy with the midsection, just looks messy and i dont know how to make it look better.. a bit of backlining perhaps?

I'm rather regretting using enchanted blue, I keep trying on different schemes but everytime I get a dark gw blue it goes on dark as hell even over white. I had to really cover the legs in highlights to get them up brighter, and the torso is still almost black except. I just can't ever get it to not look dull and flat. Still, more work to do on it I guess, just not happy with it at the moment. anyway what I'm really after is colour ideas for the head and flame, I don't want the seer council to exactly match the other units so i'm trying to stay away from white/orange, maybe a dark warm gray with a white faceplate? For the flame a bright/yellow orange might be enough contrast to the more reddish armor but what about whitish blue or green? Cloak probably also needs a thin sepia wash to blend the highlighted areas together, looks really really harsh in the photo

Yog-Sothoth fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Apr 8, 2010

Shallow
Feb 9, 2005

I can't believe you spent a page mistakenly discussing navel-knees, Blood Angels are obviously a carefully timed Easter release.

Also that Farseer is looking fantastic.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

This is going to sound really nerdy, but I have to ask. Last night I was watching CSI with the missus & she pointed something out to me - one of the lab dudes had a little pistol-grip 2 part epoxy gun that made a soft red rubber when set. It'd be ideal for a number of little jobs I've got planned, does anyone know of a product like this irl?

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

Cakefool posted:

This is going to sound really nerdy, but I have to ask. Last night I was watching CSI with the missus & she pointed something out to me - one of the lab dudes had a little pistol-grip 2 part epoxy gun that made a soft red rubber when set. It'd be ideal for a number of little jobs I've got planned, does anyone know of a product like this irl?

you can get it at Wal-mart in the same aisle as the picture enhancing software

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Anphrax posted:

Hawk Lords are loving money. Purple and Gold motha fuckaz!

Purple and Gold indeed:

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
I know some of you guys have archives of cool warham pics, if you could post rad pictures of eldar armies here that would own.

I want ideas!

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

:mmmsmug:

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Ashcans posted:

Do this one or gtfo.

(This is that badass army in the hobby/fluff section of the big rulebook. More badass pics there.)

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

How do you do that blue?

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
It might say how he did it in the BRB, can't remember and not at home to check. It's a really awesome looking army though.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Phyresis posted:

you can get it at Wal-mart in the same aisle as the picture enhancing software

:arghfist::mad:

Shallow
Feb 9, 2005

Fyrbrand posted:

Do this one or gtfo.

(This is that badass army in the hobby/fluff section of the big rulebook. More badass pics there.)

Assembling/painting a warwalker by the same guy here: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?catId=cat1300045&categoryId=400035&section=&aId=1100014

EDIT: In the same blue scheme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

It always kills me when I see people assembling the new Wraithlord kit into regular standing poses. I bust my rear end working with the lovely metal ones to try and get more than a 'doot doot I am a robot here are my hands' look out of them, and kids are just throwing away the potential of the plastic kit. :argh:

• Locked thread