Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

quote:

The story you heard yesterday about President Obama refusing to sign Eagle Scout Awards is true.

He won't sign life saving awards either.

Every President since 1912 has been the honorary President of the Boy Scouts of America.

President Obama refused that honor.

Did you hear anything about the Boy Scouts 100th Anniversary? Why did the press ignore it?

Let's see, they promote honor, integrity, putting others first, love of country and of course they believe in God.

Not much press coverage on this story, the first president in 100 years to insult his finest citizens, Eagle Scouts.
Clearly he's phasing out boy scouts in favor of Obama Youth!

(He does not refuse to sign these)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vartiter
Nov 15, 2008
Wait, shouldn't they be glad he refused to be the honorary president (even though he didn't?) since it would sully the Boy Scout name because of his corrupting Muslim faith or something? Maybe it's one of those lose-lose situations.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Well see the public sheeple are still falling for the Obama illusion so they need to focus on presenting evidence he isn't christian.

Vartiter
Nov 15, 2008
Oh, I see now. What troopers. :patriot:

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
According to science our universe has a beginning (search at “age of the universe” on https://www.pnas.org) and time is purely physical. Therefore there can be no such thing as time external to the physical universe. Timespace has a beginning.

It is a fundamental law of physics (causality) that every physical occurrence in the universe has a cause.
The fundamental laws of physics then require a cause of the universe ex nihilo (since timespace has a beginning); i.e., a Prime Cause Singularity that is non-dimensional and independent of timespace.

To conclude the above paragraphs:
Fact: No thing nor event in the known universe or laws of physics lacks a cause.
Assume: There is no Prime Cause (Creator / Singularity).
Ergo: There is no universe.
Fact: There is a universe.
Therefore: the statement that was assumed is proven to be a false statement by reduction ad absurdum (proof by disproof).
(Since "There is no Creator" is proven false, the opposite is true: There is a Creator.)

Being logically consistent (orderly), orderly universe must mirror its Prime Cause / Singularity-Creator—Who must be Orderly; i.e. Perfect.
An orderly—"not capricious," as Einstein put it—Creator (also implying Just), therefore, necessarily had an Intelligent Purpose in creating this universe and us within it and, being Just and Orderly, necessarily placed an explanation, a "Life's Instruction Manual," within the reach of His subjects—humankind.

It defies the orderliness (logic / mathematics) of both the universe and Perfection of its Creator to assert that humanity was (contrary to His Tor•âh′ , see below) without any means of rapproachment until millennia after the first couple in recorded history as well as millennia after Abraham, Moses and the prophets. Therefore, the Creator's "Life's Instruction Manual" has been available to man at least since the beginning of recorded history. The only enduring document of this kind is the Tor•âh′ —which, interestingly, translates to "Instruction" (not "law" as popularly alleged). (Source and further reading of how to relate to the Creator:https://www.netzarim.co.il)

The fact that the Creator is perfect implies that He isn’t self-contradictory. Therefore any religion, and all religions contradicts each other (otherwise they would be identical), that contradicts Torah is the antithesis to the Creator.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

quote:

Seems people will be getting more than they bargained for in this new health care bill.

The Obama health care bill under Sec. 2521, page 1,000 will establish a National Medical Device Registry. What does a National Medical Device Registry mean?

National Medical Device Registry from H.R. 3200 [Healthcare Bill], pages 1,001-1,008:

(g)(1) The Secretary shall establish a national medical device registry (in this subsection referred to as the 'registry') to facilitate analysis of postmarket safety and outcomes data on each device that:

(A) is or has been used in or on a patient;
(B) and is: (i) a class III device;

or (ii) a class II device that is implantable, life-supporting, or life-sustaining.

A "class II device that is implantable?"

Then on page 1,004 it describes what the term "data" means in paragraph 1, section B: "(B) In this paragraph, the term 'data' refers to in formation respecting a device described in paragraph (1), including claims data, patient survey data, standardized analytic files that allow for the pooling and analysis of data from disparate data environments, electronic health records, and any other data deemed appropriate by the Secretary."

Approved by the FDA, a class II implantable device is a "implantable radiofrequency transponder system for patient identification and health information."

This sort of device would be implanted in the majority of people who opt to become covered by the public health care option. With the reform of the private insurance companies, who charge outrageous rates, many people will switch their coverage to a more affordable insurance plan. This means the number of people who choose the public option will increase. This also means the number of people chipped will be plentiful as well. The adults who choose to have a chip implanted are the lucky (yes, lucky if you're a Govt Control Libtard) ones in this case. Children who are "born in the United States who at the time of birth is not otherwise covered under acceptable coverage" will be qualified and placed into the CHIP or Children's Health Insurance Program (what a convenient name). With a name like CHIP it would seem consistent to have the chip implanted into a child. Children conceived by parents who are already covered under the public option will more than likely be implanted with a chip by the consent of the parent. Eventually everyone will be implanted with a chip. And with the price and coverage of the public option being so competitive with the private companies, the private company may not survive.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

So what does it actually refer to? Pacemakers or something?

edit: Also, I think "libtard" is the most insufferable of right-wing catchphrases. "Lib" is not even remotely similar to "re"; you might as well say "contard."

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

freebooter posted:

Exactly this. But it's from an older version of the bill and doesn't apply anyway.

Vartiter
Nov 15, 2008

RagnarokAngel posted:

quote:

With a name like CHIP it would seem consistent to have the chip implanted into a child.

what

That's just...it's an acronym, not some diabolical scheme!

Turnquiet
Oct 24, 2002

My friend is an eloquent speaker.

freebooter posted:

It may be dumber than that. I have had several evangelicals/pentecostals go on tirades about the mark of the beast being a chip implanted on the forehead or right hand, without which people would be unable to participate in commerce, society, etc. I am pretty sure that email is full of Revelation dog whistles.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Vartiter posted:

what

That's just...it's an acronym, not some diabolical scheme!

What's funny is if the government was actually trying to cover up a program to implant chips into your body without your knowledge why would they use such an obvious acronym? Obviously assuming no one would bother to read the bill isn't a good way to handling it. It'd be like calling something PROJECT DEATHCAMP

Turnquiet posted:

It may be dumber than that. I have had several evangelicals/pentecostals go on tirades about the mark of the beast being a chip implanted on the forehead or right hand, without which people would be unable to participate in commerce, society, etc. I am pretty sure that email is full of Revelation dog whistles.

Naw he's asking what the bill actually did in the context of the law, not crazy email logic. It was meant for pacemakers and that kind of stuff.

notcreativeenough
Mar 8, 2010

by Fistgrrl

RagnarokAngel posted:

What's funny is if the government was actually trying to cover up a program to implant chips into your body without your knowledge why would they use such an obvious acronym? Obviously assuming no one would bother to read the bill isn't a good way to handling it. It'd be like calling something PROJECT DEATHCAMP

Naw he's asking what the bill actually did in the context of the law, not crazy email logic. It was meant for pacemakers and that kind of stuff.

Stuff that already the makers of the products have the data on. It's just not centralized and therby takes a lot of effort as well as time to track down. Everything from breast implants, to dental crowns these days has serial numbers or other markings. I can see why a central database would be usefull for medical purposes.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

RagnarokAngel posted:

Taken directly from the FDA's website:
http://www.fda.gov/MedicalDevices/ResourcesforYou/Consumers/ucm142523.htm

FDA posted:

Class I – These devices present minimal potential for harm to the user and are often simpler in design than Class II or Class III devices. Examples include enema kits and elastic bandages. 47% of medical devices fall under this category and 95% of these are exempt from the regulatory process.

Class II – Most medical devices are considered Class II devices. Examples of Class II devices include powered wheelchairs and some pregnancy test kits. 43% of medical devices fall under this category.

Class III – These devices usually sustain or support life, are implanted, or present potential unreasonable risk of illness or injury. Examples of Class III devices include implantable pacemakers and breast implants. 10% of medical devices fall under this category.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~

my dad posted:

I agree that something has to be reformed in health care but creating a mandated system without any control of costs and no tort reform will only benefit the trial lawyers and the insurance companies. It will increase the cost of doing business, increase taxes, and increase the deficit. It is irresponsible and near sighted. The same mandated system implemented in 2005 in Mass has increased from 600 mil to 1.3 bil in 5 years. A system like this will hinder the development by private enterprise of new cutting edge technology that's made this country great. The system is rigged in favor of trial lawyers and insurance companies both of whom will benefit from this new law. The insurance companies will have another 47 mil people paying premiums and the lawyers will have a field day suing doctors that have to scramble to see more patients in order to make ends meet. I don't see any one controlling how much they get reimbursed for their professional services.

Anyone want to take a stab at this one?

For the record my dad is a family practice doctor that owns his pretty good sized practice and hasn't taken a pay check yet this year to cover his expenses and paying for his staff's payroll, which he says is because medicare has been pushing off their reimbursement cycle over and over.

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

I think your dad is almost completely correct. I'd like to see how he justifies the "A system like this will hinder the development by private enterprise of new cutting edge technology that's made this country great." bit because the problems that he is describing aren't magically popping up, they is just going to be more money in the pot up for grabs. Hospitals aren't going to stop buying equipment and the universities aren't going to stop doing medical research.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

EnsGDT posted:

Anyone want to take a stab at this one?

For the record my dad is a family practice doctor that owns his pretty good sized practice and hasn't taken a pay check yet this year to cover his expenses and paying for his staff's payroll, which he says is because medicare has been pushing off their reimbursement cycle over and over.

Tort reform is largely a red herring. Ask your Dad to support his assertions about it, as numerous studies and trial projects have shown tort costs are largely irrelevant to health care costs.

OB/Gyns have a legitimate beef, as people tend to sue any time a baby is born with a birth defect whether the doctor had anything to do with it or not - and juries tend to sympathize with the poor parents regardless of the facts. I know of no other field of medicine where torts are a genuine problem, though. Torts are currently the only way patients are able to hold doctors accountable for serious malpractice.

As for the rest, he's right that there aren't major cost controls in the current bill - it was a fight they chose to leave for another day. The main goal was to get as many Americans covered as possible for now. His problems with Medicare are probably not unique, but not really a part of the current legislation.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Not political EXACTLY but the people who'd buy this without a source linked are in the same group

quote:

Urgent prayer request! Please pray for all the churches in India. Buddhist extremists in India burned down 20 churches last night. Tonight they plan to destroy 200 churches in the province of Olisabang. They plan to kill 200 missionaries within 24 hours. Right now all Christians are hiding in small villages. Please pray for them and send this mail to Christians you know worldwide. Please ask God to have mercy on our brothers and sisters in India . Please pray for them and commit this matter to our Almighty and Victorious Lord.

Turing sex machine
Dec 14, 2008

I want to have
your robot-babies
:roboluv:
No date, eh? I wonder how long this email will float around, forever requesting our prayers to protect Christians from an attack "tonight".

oxbrain
Aug 18, 2005

Put a glide in your stride and a dip in your hip and come on up to the mothership.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/india.asp

EXTREME BUDDHISM! :rock:

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

quote:

Barack Obama — Editor of the Harvard Law Review — Has No Law License?

I saw a note slide across the #TCOT feed on Twitter last night that mentioned Michelle Obama had no law license. This struck me as odd, since (a) she went to school to be a lawyer, and (b) she just recently held a position with the University of Chicago Hospitals as legal counsel — and that's a pretty hard job to qualify for without a law license.

But being a licensed professional myself, I knew that every state not only requires licensure, they make it possible to check online the status of any licensed professional. So I did, and here's the results from the ARDC Website:

She "voluntarily surrendered" her license in 1993. Let me explain what that means. A "Voluntary Surrender" is not something where you decide "Gee, a license is not really something I need anymore, is it?" and forget to renew your license. No, a "Voluntary Surrender" is something you do when you've been accused of something, and you "voluntarily surrender" you license five seconds before the state suspends you.

Here's an illustration: I'm a nurse. At various times in my 28 years of nursing I've done other things when I got burned out; most notably a few years as a limousine driver; even an Amway salesman at one point. I always, always renewed my nursing license — simply because it's easier to send the state $49.00 a month
than to pay the $200, take a test, wait six weeks, etc., etc. I've worked (recently) in a Nursing Home where there was an 88 year old lawyer and a 95 year old physician. Both of them still had current licensures as well. They would never DREAM of letting their licenses lapse.

I happen to know there is currently in the Indiana State Prison in Michigan City Indiana an inmate who is a licensed physician, convicted of murder when he chased the two burglars who entered his home and terrorized his family into the street and killed them. (And I can't say I blame him for that, either.) This physician still has an active medical license and still sees patients, writes prescriptions, etc all from inside the prison. And he renews his medical license every two years, too. I tried looking up why she would "Voluntarily surrender" her license, but Illinois does not have it's 1993 records online.

But when I searched for "Obama", I found this:

"Voluntarily retired" — what does that mean? Bill Clinton hung onto his law license until he was convicted of making a false statement in the Lewinsky case and had to "Voluntarily Surrender" his license too. President Barack Obama, former editor of the Harvard Law Review, is no longer a "lawyer". He surrendered his license back in 2008 possibly to escape charges that he "fibbed" on his bar application.

This is the former editor of the Harvard Law Review who doesn’t seem to give a crap about his law license.

Something else odd; while the Search feature brings up the names, any searches for the Disciplinary actions ends quickly.

As in, Too Quickly. Less than a half-second quickly on a Search Engine that can take five seconds to Search for anything. As in, "there's a block on that information" kind of thing.

So we have the first Lawyer President and First Lady — who don't actually have licenses to practice law. There's more to this story, I'm sure. I'll let you know when I find it.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

quote:

As in, Too Quickly. Less than a half-second quickly on a Search Engine that can take five seconds to Search for anything. As in, "there's a block on that information" kind of thing.

What the hell search engine are you using that takes 5 seconds to bring up a result?

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

freebooter posted:

What the hell search engine are you using that takes 5 seconds to bring up a result?

I would tell you, but I'm just heading out the door for a check-up with my doctor who is currently in prison for murder.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Holy poo poo Google produced my results in .054 seconds and there's no results for "Barack Obama is not a Venusian slime monster from the outer reaches of Jupiter"!!!!!!!!!!!! This means he really is an alien! It came back... TOO quickly to be anything else!

Turing sex machine
Dec 14, 2008

I want to have
your robot-babies

freebooter posted:

If it's some kind of customized search engine for a special database, it's not impossible. (It's also not impossible that some searches are way faster than others for non-obvious reasons :ssh:.)

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Maybe theyre on 56k?

ApathyGifted
Aug 30, 2004
Tomorrow?
Someone just posted the Walk Naked in America Day bullshit on my facebook. There's been a fuckload of just stupid, uninformed Conservatism coming out of my facebook friends lately, but this has finally initiated a great purge of idiocy from my friends list.

And 90% of this retardation is my extended family. Next family reunion is gonna be fun! And we have 3 family reunions a year!

chesh
Apr 19, 2004

That was terrible.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/lawlicenses.asp

quote:

Not true. Information about the statuses of both Barack and Michelle Obama's licenses is readily retrievable, both show no record of any disciplinary actions or pending proceedings, and the elapsed time for searches we performed on their information was comparable to that for searches on information about other names in the Illinois ARDC database.

hahahaha

Gripen5
Nov 3, 2003

'Startocaster' is more fun to say than I expected.

I expected no less.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

quote:

Dear fellow patriot,

With willing one-world accomplices in Washington, D.C., gun-grabbers around the globe believe they have it made.

In fact, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton just announced the Obama Administration would be working hand in glove with the UN to pass a new “Small Arms Treaty.”

Disguised as legislation to help in the fight against “terrorism,” “insurgency” and “international crime syndicates,” the UN Small Arms Treaty is nothing more than a massive, GLOBAL gun control scheme.

Ultimately, the UN’s Small Arms Treaty is designed to register, ban and CONFISCATE firearms owned by private citizens like YOU.

That’s why it’s vital you sign special petition I’ve made up for your signature that DEMANDS your U.S. Senators vote AGAINST ratification of the UN’s “Small Arms Treaty!”
So far, the gun-grabbers have successfully kept the exact wording of their new scheme under wraps.

But looking at previous versions of the UN “Small Arms Treaty,” you and I can get a good idea of what’s likely in the works.

If passed by the UN and ratified by the U.S. Senate, the UN “Small Arms Treaty” would almost certainly FORCE national governments to:

*** Enact tougher licensing requirements, making law-abiding citizens cut through even more bureaucratic red tape just to own a firearm legally;

*** CONFISCATE and DESTROY ALL “unauthorized” civilian firearms (all firearms owned by the government are excluded, of course);

*** BAN the trade, sale and private ownership of ALL semi-automatic weapons;

*** Create an INTERNATIONAL gun registry, setting the stage for full-scale gun CONFISCATION.
So please click here to sign the petition to your U.S. Senators before it’s too late!

Lansdowne
Dec 28, 2008

quote:

Poverty in Our Cities.

City, State, % of People Below the Poverty Level

1. Detroit , MI , 32.5%

2. Buffalo , NY , 29.9%

3. Cincinnati , OH , 27.8%

4. Cleveland , OH , 27.0%

5. Miami , FL , 26.9%

5. St. Louis , MO , 26.8%

7. El Paso , TX , 26.4%

8. Milwaukee , WI , 26.2%

9. Philadelphia , PA , 25.1%

10. Newark , NJ , 24.2%

U.S. Census Bureau, 2006 American Community Survey, August 2007

What do the top ten cities (over 250,000) with the highest poverty rate all have in common?

Detroit, MI (1st on the poverty rate list) hasn't elected a Republican mayor since 1961;

Buffalo, NY (2nd) hasn't elected one since 1954;

Cincinnati, OH (3rd)...since 1984;

Cleveland, OH (4th)...since 1989;

Miami, FL (5th) has never had a Republican mayor;

St. Louis , MO (6th).....since 1949;

El Paso , TX (7th) has never had a Republican mayor;

Milwaukee , WI (8th)...since 1908;

Philadelphia , PA (9th)...since 1952;

Newark , NJ (10th)...since 1907.

Einstein once said, 'The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.'

It is the poor who habitually elect Democrats---yet they are still POOR

"You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift. You cannot lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down. You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred. You cannot build character and courage by taking away people's initiative and independence. You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I just got this from my uncle. I'm really tempted with replying with redstatesocialism.jpg, then again, he seems to think that mayors wield this much power when it comes to poverty rates, so I doubt it would do much good.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
EDIT: ^^^^ What those cities all have in common is that they're surrounded by rich white Republican-voting suburbs. But then again, that's true of most American cities...

I can't find any info on the "Small Arms Treaty" except reposts of this, but the "Arms Trade Treaty" appears to have been derailed in 2009 after the US insisted that it be passed by consensus. Here's a speech someone at State gave about it: http://www.state.gov/t/us/136849.htm . It appears to require that all signatory members apply the same restrictions to international arms sales that U.S. manufacturers already operate under.

So in short it's absolutely nothing like what's posted above.

Lemniscate Blue fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Apr 9, 2010

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
:lol: Small Arms Treaty. It's like some GOP think tank was sitting around smoking pot trying to come up with the next great email chain.

Hmmmmm.....uhhhh...treaty yeah yeah....arms treaty. WAIT GUYS. Small Arms. Arms Treaty. SMALL ARMS TREATY HOLLLLY poo poo.

Turing sex machine
Dec 14, 2008

I want to have
your robot-babies

quote:

*** CONFISCATE and DESTROY ALL “unauthorized” civilian firearms (all firearms owned by the government are excluded, of course);
I'm pretty sure that if a government entity was caught using unauthorized firearms, it would get in some sort of trouble.

chesh
Apr 19, 2004

That was terrible.

ApathyGifted posted:

Someone just posted the Walk Naked in America Day bullshit on my facebook. There's been a fuckload of just stupid, uninformed Conservatism coming out of my facebook friends lately, but this has finally initiated a great purge of idiocy from my friends list.

And 90% of this retardation is my extended family. Next family reunion is gonna be fun! And we have 3 family reunions a year!

I had to look this one up. I wish it was true! You know, the naked chicks and beer part, not the overt racism.

notcreativeenough
Mar 8, 2010

by Fistgrrl

Turing sex machine posted:

I'm pretty sure that if a government entity was caught using unauthorized firearms, it would get in some sort of trouble.

Is Blackwater a gov't entity?

ApathyGifted
Aug 30, 2004
Tomorrow?

chesh posted:

I had to look this one up. I wish it was true! You know, the naked chicks and beer part, not the overt racism.

Yes, I want a nude love-in too.

As a followup, removed 2/3's of my friends.

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

Lansdowne posted:

I just got this from my uncle. I'm really tempted with replying with redstatesocialism.jpg, then again, he seems to think that mayors wield this much power when it comes to poverty rates, so I doubt it would do much good.

Amazing! I had NO IDEA that democratic mayors had the ability to shape our international trade policies that destroyed domestic manufacturing industries!

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

ApathyGifted posted:

Can someone clarify this to me? Never heard of it.

chesh
Apr 19, 2004

That was terrible.

RagnarokAngel posted:

Can someone clarify this to me? Never heard of it.

http://tinyurl.com/y3vqsjb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Thanks mate.