Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Black Dick
Mar 20, 2009

Tiny Fistpump posted:

Love the second strip, will be buying one

Agreed. The pinstriping on the second kit is really nice and I've always had a soft spot for the white tops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
Didnt realise this had been posted here, gently caress you zaph.

1st kit is horrible, 2nd and 3rd look ok.

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn
don't know how anyone can like that home kit, it's hideous

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

luvd posted:

don't know how anyone can like that home kit, it's hideous

The close ups on the liverpool site of the pattern make it seem loving terrible.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I think the new home kit looks alright, Standard Chartered will take some getting used to but I do like the pattern calling back to our title winning days.

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn
the pattern is what makes it awful

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

luvd posted:

the pattern is what makes it awful
Maybe it's just nostalgia.

Rankine Over Gash
Feb 18, 2010

We had our meetings in a room with a bar and Brian Clough said to me "Millsy, get the beers in and get yourself a Guinness". I told him I didn't drink. He said "Get yourself a fucking Guinness" so I did. I drank it, pulled a face and then he named me in the team. I never said no again.

irlZaphod posted:

I think the new home kit looks alright, Standard Chartered will take some getting used to but I do like the pattern calling back to our title winning days.

Like last seasons away kit?

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

irlZaphod posted:

i actually really like the sc logo

lettering seems slightly clumsy but the logo is p cool

also the away is lovely

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn

the lettering looks okay as a general logo because of the type of company it is, but on a shirt it looks awful

like someone just threw some arial on it in paint

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

luvd posted:

the lettering looks okay as a general logo because of the type of company it is, but on a shirt it looks awful

like someone just threw some arial on it in paint

how would you improve it?

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn
knew i';d get that response or similar

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
maybe you could start a design a shirt thread to harness the creative potential of trp?

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn
you write the op for me, i'm not very good with words you see

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
yeah i know but i dont have any designs for the op

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Pissflaps posted:

maybe you could start a design a shirt thread to harness the creative potential of trp?

What you think flapps?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

ibroxmassive posted:

What you think flapps?

thats very good

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

i still maintain that football shirt design somehow falls under adidas' special education department

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.
Next year's marquee Europa League matchup, Standard Liège vs Standard Chartered: where the gently caress is Chartered?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Pissflaps posted:

thats very good

If you invert it you can have the third kit :)

Stim
Sep 6, 2006

We are not feeling edgy; the system is feeling nervous.
For all those complaining about Adidas kits I put this together earlier.

Click here for the full 996x537 image.

Milan's kits have slowly got worse over the past decade with the odd exception. 2007-2008 was ok for the collar but those first two are still the nicest. Still hate the white on the new one.

Cuban Chowder Factory
Jun 3, 2002

Stim posted:

For all those complaining about Adidas kits I put this together earlier.

Click here for the full 996x537 image.

Milan's kits have slowly got worse over the past decade with the odd exception. 2007-2008 was ok for the collar but those first two are still the nicest. Still hate the white on the new one.

What did they use from 2005-2007? Also, white collar aside, I really can't see how they've completely gone downhill with their kit design here. For example, 08-09's kit looks just like a merger of the 02-04 kits. At least they haven't added unnecessary colours to the shirts like Puma did with Spurs this year...

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,
I've abstained from buying Nike stuff because of Barcelona, but Adidas is making it very hard to buy anything other than a Madrid shirt. The nicest Adidas shirt I own is the Spanish Euro 2008 shirts.

:swoon:

Don't know why they can't stick to simpler designs.

Stim
Sep 6, 2006

We are not feeling edgy; the system is feeling nervous.
Thinking about it I think a lot if it might just be the centered Adidas logo and the change of sponsor. I really liked the old sponsor and the logo on the side. The logo really wasn't that intrusive and having a thin white design in the middle combined well with the rest of the kit and image of the club.

I couldn't find a good picture of the 2005-2007 kits but I guess this from 2006 will do -

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
I like a lot of the Adidas kits. Real home/away are lovely. As was the one Bayern had on last night.

I do like all three new Liverpool ones though.

Couch
May 16, 2004

COME ON TOT!

Oceanbound posted:

Next year's marquee Europa League matchup, Standard Liège vs Standard Chartered: where the gently caress is Chartered?

Where the gently caress is Liège?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Stim posted:

Thinking about it I think a lot if it might just be the centered Adidas logo and the change of sponsor. I really liked the old sponsor and the logo on the side. The logo really wasn't that intrusive and having a thin white design in the middle combined well with the rest of the kit and image of the club.

Opel is by far the coolest sponsor we've had. I hope the Emirates logo doesn't look too stupid on the kit next year, although it doesn't seem bad on Arsenal's and PSG's kits.

If the 91-92 kit had the crest on it, it would be the best. It's still ace though.

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn
I miss o2

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I miss Heritage Hampers

Rankine Over Gash
Feb 18, 2010

We had our meetings in a room with a bar and Brian Clough said to me "Millsy, get the beers in and get yourself a Guinness". I told him I didn't drink. He said "Get yourself a fucking Guinness" so I did. I drank it, pulled a face and then he named me in the team. I never said no again.
I miss Portakabin.

Cuban Chowder Factory
Jun 3, 2002
I miss ty

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Cuban Chowder Factory posted:

I miss ty

Poor Pompey :(

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Pissflaps posted:

I miss Heritage Hampers

I miss your old avatar. Your new one makes me laugh too hard whenever I see it. Actually busted out into tears because of it.

I don't hate Fly Emirates really. It's not a bad sponsor to have but it doesn't look as good as the o2 one did.

Cuban Chowder Factory
Jun 3, 2002
Looks like Pompey is doing SOMETHING right: next season's kits by Kappa

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/LatestNews/news/Kappa-New-Kit-Partner-824.aspx

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

Good god the goalie kit is terrible

Bemis
Jan 5, 2010

real_scud posted:

Good god the goalie kit is terrible

Real men wear pink.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Bemis posted:

Cunts wear pink.

Fixed.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
You just cursed all of US Citta di Palermo and for that you can get hosed.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Hey Spurs FO, can we have Kappa back, please?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hieronymus Bosch
Feb 26, 2008
Jobsite really isn't the best sponsor for a club that doesn't pay its players.