Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Veg posted:

I guess it's just like having a band jam, if you put someone up for a vertical suplex and they do something similar but not what you planned you just have to change it on the go or something.
This is a pretty good analogy actually. And when you really get down to it, almost every move ends in a back-bump or front-bump, so taking moves on the fly isn't as haphazard as it may seem.

Quick example is that move where it starts like a back suplex, but then the guy giving it kinda swings his free arm over and turns it into a Rock Bottom. It's the same exact bump as a back suplex, so I never bothered explaining the move when I did it in a training match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Minidust posted:

This is a pretty good analogy actually. And when you really get down to it, almost every move ends in a back-bump or front-bump, so taking moves on the fly isn't as haphazard as it may seem.

Quick example is that move where it starts like a back suplex, but then the guy giving it kinda swings his free arm over and turns it into a Rock Bottom. It's the same exact bump as a back suplex, so I never bothered explaining the move when I did it in a training match.

And the counterpoint to this is when Jeff Hardy goes to give a guy a front suplex, and the man taking the move thinks it's a normal vertical suplex, so Hardy ends up spiking the poor bastard on the top of his head.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:
Semi-wrestling related, I watched the Hart and Soul DVD and got interested in Davey Boy. I read that Diana divorced him in 2000, just curious, anyone know why?

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

ChampRamp posted:

Semi-wrestling related, I watched the Hart and Soul DVD and got interested in Davey Boy. I read that Diana divorced him in 2000, just curious, anyone know why?

Smith was a massive drug addict by all accounts. He also went into rehab at about this time.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Smith was a massive drug addict by all accounts. He also went into rehab at about this time.

Was it the painkillers DH talked about or some other drug?

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

ChampRamp posted:

Painkillers, probably cocaine, and on top of all that he was doing shitloads of HGH and roids.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

ChampRamp posted:

He was also mainlining milk.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

Thought of another. What does Randy Savage look like these days?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

ChampRamp posted:

Santa.

With muscles.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

ChampRamp posted:

Ho Ho HOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH YEEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHH!!!

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Santa.

With muscles.

You're right, but I would love to see him just one more time drop that loving elbow off the top rope. I could then happily stop watching wrestling forever.

I know it would kill him though.:(

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Painkillers, probably cocaine, and on top of all that he was doing shitloads of HGH and roids.

Well he was bizarre

WeaselWeaz
Apr 11, 2004

Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Biscuits and Gravy.

ChampRamp posted:

Both of them being out of their minds. Diana's attempted suicide happened when she grabbed Davey's bottle of pills, yelled something at him like "This is what you're doing to me!" or "You're killing me!" and downed the bottle. I think it's in her book. Allegedly, Davey was abusive too but the drug use was what killed the marriage.

He continued to use steroids and drugs after rehab. Towards the end it seemed he had cleaned up, except for steroids since they were accepted in the business anyway.

johnners
Mar 20, 2004

I'm Vince McMahon, DAMMIT

WeaselWeaz posted:

Both of them being out of their minds. Diana's attempted suicide happened when she grabbed Davey's bottle of pills, yelled something at him like "This is what you're doing to me!" or "You're killing me!" and downed the bottle. I think it's in her book. Allegedly, Davey was abusive too but the drug use was what killed the marriage.

He continued to use steroids and drugs after rehab. Towards the end it seemed he had cleaned up, except for steroids since they were accepted in the business anyway.

Wasn't her book debunked by a lot of people though? I know that when I went through it, I had a few raised eyebrows.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

johnners posted:

Wasn't her book debunked by a lot of people though? I know that when I went through it, I had a few raised eyebrows.

Bret said something to the effect of "there are so many tragic stories of the Hart family that you don't need to make up more."

WeaselWeaz
Apr 11, 2004

johnners posted:

Yes. However, I recall reading about the suicide attempt and it's on the Hart and Soul DVD. Also why I used the word "allegedly." But the drugs use was undeniably a problem in Davey's life.

It seems that you can always assume that when a Hart is telling a story you should take it with a grain of salt anyway. They all have major problems with each other, especially Bret who some siblings (and Strikeforce commentator Mauro Ranallo who did commentary for Stampede in the 90s and dated Neidhart's other daughter) say acted better than everyone because of his money and fame. Whether or not that's true (Hart had an ego, but so does an major star) it's a sign of the infighting. Hell, my dad came from a family of only four kids and they weren't exactly the Brady Bunch. I can only imagine the drama with 12. It's honestly shocking that the only known Hart grandkid who's known to be hosed up is Teddy.

WeaselWeaz fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Apr 11, 2010

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Santa.

With muscles.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

CM Junk posted:

I'm digging the belt buckle.

quote:

Martha sued Diana for libel, won (which is hard to do), and the publisher took the entire book off shelves (which is also hard to accomplish unless the book is a steaming pile) and donated what the book had made to an Owen Hart charity fund.

Meltzer's take is that some of the book is true, but so much is laughably false that the book just isn't worth reading.

My take is that on top of everything else it's horribly written.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Ho Ho HOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH YEEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHH!!!

I shouldn't have asked :(

Now I'm sad

Edit: Another what do they look like now. Billy Kidman. Even more jacked up? Still short hair?

ChampRamp fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Apr 11, 2010

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I believe Billy Kidman got fat and is now called William ManGrandpa.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Jerusalem posted:

I believe Billy Kidman got fat and is now called William ManGrandpa.
I miss WH2K.doc.

Here's a wrestling question: Why can't we have one? Is it a forum rule or something?

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!

LividLiquid posted:

I miss WH2K.doc.

Here's a wrestling question: Why can't we have one? Is it a forum rule or something?

I think its because people turn anal on what gets it, or too much discussion about discussion itself. Either way it gets dumb

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

LividLiquid posted:

I miss WH2K.doc.

It was a Helldump inspired idea. Helldump is dead and gone and so are its ideas. The closest thing is this thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3238826

Save Russian Jews
Jun 7, 2007

who the fuck is this guy anyway, i can't even see his face

Lipstick Apathy

Sionistic posted:

I think its because people turn anal on what gets it, or too much discussion about discussion itself. Either way it gets dumb

The only way a thread such as that could work is if it works as the news thread does, and any non-news gets probated.

But, in that case, no one would be able to explain jokes to idiots

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Sionistic posted:

Bingo.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

HulkaMatt posted:

Bingo.

:argh:

We could dump a lot of wrestlehut poo poo in that PYF thread, but no one would get it/hate us more.

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

PYF suffers from the same bullshit so it'd be smart to keep PYF stuff in PYF and WH2k stuff in WH2k.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

The A-Team Van posted:

:argh:

We could dump a lot of wrestlehut poo poo in that PYF thread, but no one would get it/hate us more.

Hate us more? Does pyf really hate wrestlehut?

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

I think he meant goons in general.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

oldpainless posted:

Hate us more? Does pyf really hate wrestlehut?

I just assumed everybody did v:shobon:v

Wrestling question: why did the Shelton/Undertaker feud tank? I remember like one really good match that they had.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

KungFu Grip posted:

It was a Helldump inspired idea. Helldump is dead and gone and so are its ideas. The closest thing is this thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3238826

Helldump, well known for posting threads about funny threads and posts other people make.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Is darren young actually john cena wearing a lot of fake tan and a wig?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

FirstPersonShitter posted:

Is darren young actually john cena wearing a lot of fake tan and a wig?

No, it is his hair that makes him look like a white guy with heavy tanning. There's a photo of him somewhere with a different hairstyle and it completely changes the way he looks.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Jerusalem posted:

No, it is his hair that makes him look like a white guy with heavy tanning. There's a photo of him somewhere with a different hairstyle and it completely changes the way he looks.

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

I think he looks more like an anime version of Tommy Davidson

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!
It almost looks like hes pregnant

WeaselWeaz
Apr 11, 2004

Burrito posted:

He looks like Kurt Angle Jr. with a tan. He has to be mixed, like Josh Koscheck, Frank Trigg and Derek Jeter.

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755
Don't forget Shawn Michaels

WeaselWeaz
Apr 11, 2004

Matlock posted:

Don't forget Shawn Michaels

Maybe Sean Michaels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755
I don't know who he is, but can he speak Jive?