Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~

Shallow posted:

I think you're all missing the vital point that they make orc pirates.

Oh god what is all this poo poo:

That waaagh banner is actually blurry in real life, honest.

Wagon started in December, burnas bought and assembled a million years ago but only now painted. This reduces my backlog of assembled+primed+unpainted orks by approximately 0.5%

As always, some very rad looking goffs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chelsea clinton
Sep 16, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Has anyone ever painted goth goffs?

Combaticus
Jan 14, 2008

Perfection

Dominance

Ultimate

Fighting

Biotechnology

chelsea clinton posted:

Has anyone ever painted goth goffs?

A real ork would never be as pale as a grot. :colbert:

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Shallow's orks = best orks.

Combaticus
Jan 14, 2008

Perfection

Dominance

Ultimate

Fighting

Biotechnology

Fyrbrand posted:

Shallow's orks = best orks.

this.

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord
Will somebody post sweet looking vindicators so I can figure out how to paint mine? >_<

Morning
Aug 10, 2008
So here are the legs of my soul grinder (le oath). I havent done the body yet.

Comments? (tell me what to do better)

!amicable
Jan 20, 2007

Anphrax posted:

Will somebody post sweet looking vindicators so I can figure out how to paint mine? >_<

As someone who bought two vindicators on ebay for $40+shipping, I can help:

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

!amicable posted:

oh fffffffffff

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains

!amicable posted:

:drat:

I would do Imperial Fists in a heartbeat if I could paint that.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

To be honest once you get your weathering technique and mix down it probably wouldn't be very hard to pull off. God knows what kind of yellow orange mix you have to do to get that shade though, it's great

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Anphrax posted:

!amicable
Jan 20, 2007

Anphrax posted:

Chenghiz
Feb 14, 2007

WHITE WHALE
HOLY GRAIL
Apparently the Iron Warriors forgot how to take care of their hardware after they turned to Chaos.

Fast_Food_Knight
Nov 23, 2007

Be nice, He's a knight!
He's just a fast food knight.
The iron warriors one looks like it came straight out of Darksiders, its kinda cartoony in a cool way

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

!amicable posted:

Literally out loud: "gwhah!"

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Hey, somebody post me a link to an eldar guardian/etc army painter program thingy

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
e; /\/\/\/\/\ http://www.freewebs.com/grimdarkness/painterprogram.htm

!amicable posted:

Is that supposed to be verdigris? Why is that vindicator made of copper? :psyduck:

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

MaliciousOnion posted:

e; /\/\/\/\/\ http://www.freewebs.com/grimdarkness/painterprogram.htm

Is that supposed to be verdigris? Why is that vindicator made of copper? :psyduck:

the warp oxidizes metals in strange and mysterious ways

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Seriously dudes if you don't have some W&N 7s, you are handicapping yourselves. Get some, asap.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

The wife was out of town, so I have spent a ridiculous amount of time this weekend working on my Slaan. By which I mean that I spect seriously 15 hours or something painting his palanquin, and have only put a single basecoat on the actual frog. Goddammit. I wanted to throw up some pictures of his chair at least, but it looks like the wife took the camera cable out of town with her.

!amicable
Jan 20, 2007

Ashcans posted:

The wife was out of town, so I have spent a ridiculous amount of time this weekend working on my Slaan. By which I mean that I spect seriously 15 hours or something painting his palanquin, and have only put a single basecoat on the actual frog. Goddammit. I wanted to throw up some pictures of his chair at least, but it looks like the wife took the camera cable out of town with her.
If you have a PS3 then the controller cord will double as a USB cord for most cameras.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

!amicable posted:

If you have a PS3 then the controller cord will double as a USB cord for most cameras.

Holy poo poo, I had no idea you could do this. You are the loving man, now I get to post these pictures for everyone to appreciate!

Click here for the full 1600x958 image.

I know its not perfect, but I am seriously pretty loving proud of this, it is definitely one of the most detailed pieces that I have done so far. I feel slightly stupid though, because the big fat frog is going to cover up a bunch of that interior.

NecronSchmecron
Apr 29, 2009

Ah, phooey!

Ashcans posted:

Holy poo poo, I had no idea you could do this. You are the loving man, now I get to post these pictures for everyone to appreciate!

Click here for the full 1600x958 image.

I know its not perfect, but I am seriously pretty loving proud of this, it is definitely one of the most detailed pieces that I have done so far. I feel slightly stupid though, because the big fat frog is going to cover up a bunch of that interior.

Are you able to keep him steady in there without gluing it?

Aetilus
May 8, 2005

by Lowtax
^^^
he's pretty heavy if he fell out it would gently caress up the paint job.

:coolfish:

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

NecronSchmecron posted:

Are you able to keep him steady in there without gluing it?

I don't know if you will be able to make it out, but on the front view you might be able to see a small round area at the back of the leafy area - that is actually a rare earth magnet, and I have a similar one artfully concealed in the Slann's nether regions. So he actually clips in there very securely. I set it up that way because I am also going to have a Skink Priest that will fit in there to be Tetto'Eko (a skink Special Character that rides a Palanquin)

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

People posted:

Awesome Vindicators

Hmm, the Marines Malevolent Vindies have custom side armour, Dozer blade sides & supports and the Iron warriors one has no side or top Vindie armour but the same blade mods. Ooh, and one of the Imperial fists has an old Vindie cannon mount?

I'm getting good at this :downs:

Funny thing - the Imperial Fists one bugs me because the crew have the same weathering as the tanks. Do they never go inside & close the hatches? :psyduck:

chelsea clinton
Sep 16, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Cakefool posted:

Funny thing - the Imperial Fists one bugs me because the crew have the same weathering as the tanks. Do they never go inside & close the hatches? :psyduck:

Well, their armour can't actually fit through the hatch, so maybe not.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Mordian blue is a really nice shade of blue.

e: Here's my oathy thing for May: 2 defilers

Click here for the full 1600x1148 image.

Fix fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Apr 12, 2010

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...
I don't really like the way the middle legs are angled but otherwise they're awesome.

Also i really like the yellow on that Iron Warriors Vindicator but 'm never able to get something like it, does anyone have tips on colour selection? (or anything else)

NecronSchmecron
Apr 29, 2009

Ah, phooey!

Ashcans posted:

I don't know if you will be able to make it out, but on the front view you might be able to see a small round area at the back of the leafy area - that is actually a rare earth magnet, and I have a similar one artfully concealed in the Slann's nether regions. So he actually clips in there very securely. I set it up that way because I am also going to have a Skink Priest that will fit in there to be Tetto'Eko (a skink Special Character that rides a Palanquin)

Ok, cool! That made me happier. The magnet is VERY subtle. Lovely job.

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.

He won second place in the 400 meter swim through the warp. Third place never even made it to the finish line.

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...
"If you don Mon-Keigh-coloured armour they will be too confused to shoot you."

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

:siren: BREAKING NEWS :siren:

You're looking at new concept art for the eldar range, rumour has it that the guy who sculpted the blood angels will be totally responsible for the entire Eldar range:

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Morning posted:

So here are the legs of my soul grinder (le oath). I havent done the body yet.

Comments? (tell me what to do better)

I dunno what you could do better, it looks pretty loving cool as is right now.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

enri posted:

:siren: BREAKING NEWS :siren:

You're looking at new concept art for the eldar range, rumour has it that the guy who sculpted the blood angels will be totally responsible for the entire Eldar range:

"Wait what's so different about this oh goddammit :argh:"

chelsea clinton
Sep 16, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
It would own if they sculpted abs and nipples onto eldar guardians.

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...
My test marine is pretty much done now, once it's properly dried and varnished i'll try to do some weathering.
And i swear the blueish colour has more definition to it irl.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

Bistromatic posted:

My test marine is pretty much done now, once it's properly dried and varnished i'll try to do some weathering.

That is one smoothly painted marine, nice job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Bistromatic posted:

Very nice. The bolter casing in particular is rad as heck. Ill take your word on the blue definition, because in the pic it looks like it really doesnt have a shade, just highlights

• Locked thread