Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VampireRobot
Apr 4, 2004
yes!!!!!!! that is the one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEVG_M3T1VY

This is the exact scene that I had in my mind! I can't believe that this really existed and it's almost exactly as I remembered, even though I was a small child when I saw this on TV. How I managed to watch something like this when I was a small child is kind of weird, too.

edit: Well it's the scene as I remembered it. Obviously the details I thought I remembered, such as it being her dad and this being a sideshow thing, weren't accurate.. Whatever

VampireRobot fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Apr 6, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

papataz
Mar 29, 2010
OK, I have another one!

I saw this movie sometimes in the 80s. It's about a guy who is, for some reason, miserable, and keeps trying to commit suicide. But, no matter how many times he tries to kill himself, he's constantly surviving - in fact, he remains unharmed.

There's another guy who keeps trying to approach him - a shady looking person wearing a trench coat. Turns out they are both fictional characters that have somehow "leaked" into our world.

In the end, the main character manages to find the script to the book that features him and sets it on fire, thus finally managing to kill himself.

Anyone?

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away
I've been trying to remember enough details to google this one for a while, but no luck. All I can remember is this:

I'm 99% sure it took place on another planet (Possibly a red one).
There was a guy (astronaut?) who got shredded by some sort of tornado thing. If I remember the scene correctly the camera followed as he was dragged to the top of this thing and torn apart.
I think there were pyramids or some other sort of mysterious structure.

I never caught the beginning or the end of this movie. I was just semi-watching it in a kiosk/waiting room one day about 6 or 7 years ago. It's been bugging me ever since and I just have to know what it was. I know it's not much to work with but I figured I'd let you guys have a jab at it anyways.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Nastyman posted:

I've been trying to remember enough details to google this one for a while, but no luck. All I can remember is this:

I'm 99% sure it took place on another planet (Possibly a red one).
There was a guy (astronaut?) who got shredded by some sort of tornado thing. If I remember the scene correctly the camera followed as he was dragged to the top of this thing and torn apart.
I think there were pyramids or some other sort of mysterious structure.

I never caught the beginning or the end of this movie. I was just semi-watching it in a kiosk/waiting room one day about 6 or 7 years ago. It's been bugging me ever since and I just have to know what it was. I know it's not much to work with but I figured I'd let you guys have a jab at it anyways.
Mission to Mars.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Action Jacktion posted:

Mission to Mars.

That's the one! Thanks :munch:

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Nastyman posted:

That's the one! Thanks :munch:

Awful, awful movie as well. If you should choose to watch it, brace yourself.

jonus
Jun 7, 2008

by mons all madden
film from the 80s. I remember a guy in a small log cabin playing a card game with red devils, which are marionettes and built out of wood. I think he was trying to win something back, I don't remember much else.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

jonus posted:

film from the 80s. I remember a guy in a small log cabin playing a card game with red devils, which are marionettes and built out of wood. I think he was trying to win something back, I don't remember much else.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GJAAnkFEpA

teknetik
Jan 13, 2010

SO
JEWISH
I saw this movie years back (had to be during the late 1990's-2000's) They used to play it on WB11.

The only scene I remember is a guy on a black bike overlooking a large lake with people swimming in it. I think the bike was some super-advanced prototype and the guy on the bike was the "hero." He might have been an alien or something, I honestly have no idea.

Thunderlips
Oct 25, 2002

teknetik posted:

I saw this movie years back (had to be during the late 1990's-2000's) They used to play it on WB11.

The only scene I remember is a guy on a black bike overlooking a large lake with people swimming in it. I think the bike was some super-advanced prototype and the guy on the bike was the "hero." He might have been an alien or something, I honestly have no idea.
All I can think of is "The Wraith," but that was with a super-advanced car, not a motorcycle.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092240/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wraith

Xenomorph Zero
Oct 28, 2008
Got one. Saw it 10 or more years ago.

-Saw it on Disney channel.
-Set in space.
-Protagonists are three kids. (Black male, white male, can't remember ethnicity of girl.)
-They get a hold of 3 mining mechs (think MechWarrior models,) use them for defense in desperation, and then add weaponry to them. The mechs had "cool" paint jobs, like teeth, bright colors, etc.

If someone can tell me what this movie is, beautiful women will rain from the skies, I promise!

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?

Ninja Monkey posted:

-Set in space.
-Protagonists are three kids. (Black male, white male, can't remember ethnicity of girl.)
-They get a hold of 3 mining mechs (think MechWarrior models,) use them for defense in desperation, and then add weaponry to them. The mechs had "cool" paint jobs, like teeth, bright colors, etc.

If someone can tell me what this movie is, beautiful women will rain from the skies, I promise!

It's not Space Camp is it?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091993/

Xenomorph Zero
Oct 28, 2008
Just checked the IMDB, and no, that's not it. This movie was pretty heavy in the CG department, and set more in the future. The MechWarrior type robots are really what stuck out to me, as a child who would've loved to pilot one.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

No real idea on the date on this, but I remember seeing two women going in to a hotel room, one looked like Sharon Stone and was dressed up and the other was a beat-up looking woman who looked like Rosie Perez (probably the protagonist?).

They get in to a struggle, you hear a gunshot from an exterior view of the room, and the possible Rosie Perez runs out and away. The woman who looks like Sharon Stone walks out, shot in the side, and sends a radio transmission to her boss to say that the first woman got away.

According to that Oracle of Bacon thing, Rosie Perez/Sharon Stone have never been in a movie together, so one or both of those are wrong.

Internet Gentleman
Mar 17, 2006

I'm so happy to be here.

teknetik posted:

Cyclone has Heather Thomas fighting evil on a high-tech motorcycle, but I don't think it's what you are looking for.

http://io9.com/5263673/in-which-heather-thomas-defeats-evil-with-a-laser-motorcycle

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
Streethawk perhaps? Not a movie as far as I know though.

anticake
Nov 5, 2004

Biscuit Hider

Ninja Monkey posted:

Just checked the IMDB, and no, that's not it. This movie was pretty heavy in the CG department, and set more in the future. The MechWarrior type robots are really what stuck out to me, as a child who would've loved to pilot one.

I was going to post this before, but figured it wouldn't really help out. I don't know the name of the show, but it was originally a kids Saturday Morning show which had one of them first episodes turned into a mini-movie things. It was originally on ABC, which Disney owns, so that is why you saw it on the Disney channel at some point since the mid 90s when it came on.

The characters got sent to some rear end end of the universe through some kind of gimmick and ended up on this space ship with their three mech ship things with either some robots or aliens or some poo poo. They use them to fight of bad guys of some type and then at the end of the pilot they had painted 'cool' poo poo on them. I'm pretty sure it didn't last long, probably less than a season I want to say only a few episodes. I recall it was a mid-season replacement which seems odd for kids shows, but whatever. Probably 1996 and 1990 for when it originally came out as it was definitely after the 90s had started to happen, but before I stopped waking up early Saturdays to watch TV, although it was in the later part of ABCs programming block anyway.

Pootie
Jan 4, 2008
seppatown
was wondering what this gif was from

I know I've seen it before but can't peg which movie it was

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

Pootie posted:

:aaaaa:

I have to see this film.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

Pootie posted:

Pretty sure it's from The Fly II.

Pootie
Jan 4, 2008
seppatown

Hedenius posted:

Pretty sure it's from The Fly II.

I think you are right

I must have been to mesmerized by Eric Stoltz' captivating performance to notice

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

Pootie posted:

I think you are right

I must have been to mesmerized by Eric Stoltz' captivating performance to notice
I checked it out and I can now say with 100% certainty that it is The Fly II.

JamesieAB
Nov 5, 2005

caligula timewarp posted:

I saw this on television about a year ago. It's a black and white film that seemed to be some sort of comedy. A guy moves into a strange house, and people are always coming over and knocking on his front door and windows and bugging him or something.
There's also a scene in the movie where the guy, his love interest, and his friend take a bed on wheels for a joyride around the city. While I was watching it I assumed it was filmed in England, I'm pretty sure everyone had English accents.
This has plagued me for awhile, any ideas?

"The Knack ...and how to get it" with Michael Crawford perhaps? There is definitely a bed being pushed through London in it.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Pootie posted:

That's a pretty good effect there.

the wobble
May 22, 2005

Bryter Layter
Doctor Rope
Took this screen-shot some years ago, and can't for the life of me remember the title of the movie it came from. it's driving me nuts every time I browse pictures on my hard drive.

Full size

VV Thank you! I'll rename the picture immediately.

the wobble fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Apr 16, 2010

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

the wobble posted:

Took this screen-shot some years ago, and can't for the life of me remember the title of the movie it came from. it's driving me nuts every time I browse pictures on my hard drive.

Full size http://xs.to/image-4276_4BC79A78.jpg

Eyes Wide Shut

Skywarps Hat
Sep 6, 2007
Skywarp has a nice hat.

Ninja Monkey posted:

-Set in space.

Deepwater Black? Aka Mission Genesis?

Skywarps Hat fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Apr 16, 2010

miss Santa
Apr 29, 2008
I saw this movie on a flight from Japan about a year ago. I had a terrible cold so I don't remember much.

What I do remember is that it was an Asian movie (I don't think it was Japanese though) and it was about some kind of vaccines that are given to newborns and when they turn 21 or 25 or something they die or maybe they have 50/50 chance of dying. Then maybe someone had to be saved somehow. But I'm not sure.

I'd really love to see this movie but this is all I can recall.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
Alright, this is definitely going to be a long shot.

Back in the mid-late 80s, my mother watched a movie (she swears she saw it on HBO) where this guy somehow acquires a cookbook. To even get the cookbook, he had to swear up and down that he would fix something from it before a set period of time expired (like 6 mos or a year). If he fixed something from the cookbook, he would be paid a handsome sum of money.

The catch was that every recipe in the cookbook had human flesh as a primary ingredient. The details get a little sketchy from here, but from what she recalls, he had to lure a pretty young (virginal) woman to his home and kill her during the height of the following sexual encounter.

Like I said, a complete longshot, but its worth trying!

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

SourceElement posted:

Back in the mid-late 80s, my mother watched a movie... The details get a little sketchy from here, but from what she recalls, he had to lure a pretty young (virginal) woman to his home and kill her during the height of the following sexual encounter.

I'm dying to hear how this conversation went. "So mom, was it before or after the cumshot? This is important." "No son, they climaxed together, like me and your father. Well, when his bursitis isn't acting up. Then he tends to go much more quickly. At that point I have to finish up myself. ...so how's school?".

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

SourceElement posted:

Back in the mid-late 80s, my mother watched a movie (she swears she saw it on HBO) where this guy somehow acquires a cookbook. To even get the cookbook, he had to swear up and down that he would fix something from it before a set period of time expired (like 6 mos or a year). If he fixed something from the cookbook, he would be paid a handsome sum of money.

The catch was that every recipe in the cookbook had human flesh as a primary ingredient. The details get a little sketchy from here, but from what she recalls, he had to lure a pretty young (virginal) woman to his home and kill her during the height of the following sexual encounter.

Like I said, a complete longshot, but its worth trying!

This is also a complete long shot, but with a plot like that and being on HBO in the late 80s, it might be an episode of Tales from The Crypt. It's definitely a long shot and I don't remember an episode like that, but that plot seems like something that would be on TftC.

Sizzlechest
May 7, 2007

Barack Pwnbama posted:

This is also a complete long shot, but with a plot like that and being on HBO in the late 80s, it might be an episode of Tales from The Crypt. It's definitely a long shot and I don't remember an episode like that, but that plot seems like something that would be on TftC.

I checked for Tales from the Crypt and cookbook and came up empty. Doesn't fit any of the Creepshow movies, either. If it wasn't for the sex, I'd say it was an episode of "Monsters" or "Tales from the Darkside."

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Awesome! Been meaning to find this thread, this movie just popped back into my thoughts.

I saw this late at night sometime in the late 90s. It was a basketball movie starring either Rob Schneider or Billy Crystal (I just remember an unappealing beardy fellow, I know it was one or the other. Leaning more towards Billy Crystal) and some random lady. Mostly I just remember what is still the worst sex scene I've ever seen outside of Showgirls. I remember he was on top and she was wearing some black dress, and one said "Ooh, I like making a baby!" and the other said "I told you it'd be wonderful!" I cannot possibly be making this up. That phrase has been burned into my memory ever since.

Captain Equinox
Sep 15, 2005

By day a mild-mannered college professor, by night Kiki, go-go dancer at the Pussycat Club. But twice a year, he's... CAPTAIN EQUINOX!

Sex Hobbit posted:

It was a basketball movie starring either Rob Schneider or Billy Crystal (I just remember an unappealing beardy fellow, I know it was one or the other. Leaning more towards Billy Crystal) and some random lady. Mostly I just remember what is still the worst sex scene I've ever seen outside of Showgirls. I remember he was on top and she was wearing some black dress, and one said "Ooh, I like making a baby!" and the other said "I told you it'd be wonderful!" I cannot possibly be making this up. That phrase has been burned into my memory ever since.

Billy Crystal was a basketball ref with a crappy beard in Forget Paris. No idea if it has the sex scene you remember, though.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113097/

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

So I saw this movie back in the early/mid 90's and I can't for the life of me remember what it was called.

Details follow:

- Protagonist was a deaf-mute who worked in special effects for slasher films
- The film starts out like a classic slasher film only to reveal that its on a movie set.
- Actual killers show up on the set after hours while deaf-mute is there and she has to fend them off.

I remember really enjoying this film and would very much like to watch it again now that I'm not a little kid anymore.(I grew up watching scary movies with my mom and I'm fairly sure this movie was pretty mature.)

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

OmegaZultan posted:

So I saw this movie back in the early/mid 90's and I can't for the life of me remember what it was called.

Details follow:

- Protagonist was a deaf-mute who worked in special effects for slasher films
- The film starts out like a classic slasher film only to reveal that its on a movie set.
- Actual killers show up on the set after hours while deaf-mute is there and she has to fend them off.

I remember really enjoying this film and would very much like to watch it again now that I'm not a little kid anymore.(I grew up watching scary movies with my mom and I'm fairly sure this movie was pretty mature.)

Mute Witness: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110604/

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

OmegaZultan posted:

For what it's worth, I still think it's a pretty nifty movie. It's not flawless or anything but it still has a lot to enjoy and admire.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
Alright, after talking with her about it, I've got a few more details about this movie.

The protagonist was a world-renowned chef and this Asian gentleman (older) approached the chef about cooking something from a book. The chef wanted the old man to leave the book for him to look at, but he wouldn't. The only way for the chef to even look at the book (he had no idea about anything inside it) was to agree to fix something inside. The older man tried several times before the chef finally relented. Once he agreed, however, he couldn't back out of the deal unless he wanted to be killed.

He flips through the book, and each recipe is a different Human body part and how to prepare it properly (eyes, hands, thigh, etc). Each recipe appalls this guy more and more, but he can't look away - he has to see what each one is. Each one is more involved than the last in terms of preparation. Finally, the very last recipe is how to prepare an entire person for a meal. It had to be a virginal female specially born and bred for this single purpose -- also asian.

For a while, he doesn't want to fix anything out of it, but that last recipe fascinates him more and more. He became obsessed with it. Finally, he was contacted by the old man and told him that he would fix the last recipe. She seems to think that a specific time and date where the "event" would take place.

He has to make love to this young lady and right as she's getting ready to climax, he has to kill her and immediately start preparing her for serving. The very first thing he had to do was clean her before preparing her as the meal.

She thinks that he has to present the meal to this group of Asian connoisseurs who then eat the meal. The last thing she remembers about the movie is that this group wants the chef to do another meal, but he doesn't want to.

Hopefully this will help a little bit. All I know is that it was one hosed up movie apparently.

e: She also just told me that the title had something to do with cooking, like "the recipe" or "the chef" or "the cook" or what have you - in that vein.

DoubleNegative fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Apr 19, 2010

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

SourceElement posted:

Alright, after talking with her about it, I've got a few more details about this movie.

The protagonist was a world-renowned chef and this Asian gentleman (older) approached the chef about cooking something from a book. The chef wanted the old man to leave the book for him to look at, but he wouldn't. The only way for the chef to even look at the book (he had no idea about anything inside it) was to agree to fix something inside. The older man tried several times before the chef finally relented. Once he agreed, however, he couldn't back out of the deal unless he wanted to be killed.

He flips through the book, and each recipe is a different Human body part and how to prepare it properly (eyes, hands, thigh, etc). Each recipe appalls this guy more and more, but he can't look away - he has to see what each one is. Each one is more involved than the last in terms of preparation. Finally, the very last recipe is how to prepare an entire person for a meal. It had to be a virginal female specially born and bred for this single purpose -- also asian.

For a while, he doesn't want to fix anything out of it, but that last recipe fascinates him more and more. He became obsessed with it. Finally, he was contacted by the old man and told him that he would fix the last recipe. She seems to think that a specific time and date where the "event" would take place.

He has to make love to this young lady and right as she's getting ready to climax, he has to kill her and immediately start preparing her for serving. The very first thing he had to do was clean her before preparing her as the meal.

She thinks that he has to present the meal to this group of Asian connoisseurs who then eat the meal. The last thing she remembers about the movie is that this group wants the chef to do another meal, but he doesn't want to.

Hopefully this will help a little bit. All I know is that it was one hosed up movie apparently.

e: She also just told me that the title had something to do with cooking, like "the recipe" or "the chef" or "the cook" or what have you - in that vein.

I don't think this is it, but your mom would probably like The Cook, the Thief, His Wife & Her Lover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Captain Equinox posted:

Billy Crystal was a basketball ref with a crappy beard in Forget Paris. No idea if it has the sex scene you remember, though.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113097/

This looks like it. Thanks!