Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

x TOMMYBOY x
Jan 15, 2008

by angerbeet
I've seen Upon A Burning Body several times live and while I haven't checked out their newer stuff, I can undoubtfully certify they are awesome.

edit: Just check the new recordings out. Still awesome. How could you not love the heavy goodness?

x TOMMYBOY x fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Apr 8, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Think
Sep 20, 2005

They're incredibly boring and generic.

the Bunt
Sep 24, 2007

YOUR GOLDEN MAGNETIC LIGHT

Faux Shoah posted:

They're incredibly boring and generic.

Come on now. Oceano was just posted last page. Everything is fairgame.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

the Bunt posted:

:twisted:

Think
Sep 20, 2005

the Bunt posted:

That's one hell of a point.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
So, any tips on going to a concert yourself? I've never done it before. Is it considered loserish?

the Bunt
Sep 24, 2007

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

So, any tips on going to a concert yourself? I've never done it before. Is it considered loserish?

Who cares? At shows I don't even really talk to the people I go with that much (usually can't hear poo poo anyone is saying after a song or two) and if you go alone....well, who cares?

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooo

Ramseyk
May 30, 2005
hi
So the new Veil of Maya album is out [id]. Any thoughts? Personally, this is a great follow up. I love it so far. My only complaint is that its too short.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Ramseyk posted:

So the new Veil of Maya album is out [id]. Any thoughts? Personally, this is a great follow up. I love it so far. My only complaint is that its too short.

Got any links to a cool song from it or two? :v:

Ramseyk
May 30, 2005
hi
Yes. Well, they have a couple on their Myspace I think. If you don't like Veil of Maya stay away though because its more of the same. But I like it.

https://www.myspace.com/veilofmaya

Edit: listen to Mowgli, its one of the best tracks off the new album.

beadgc
Jun 11, 2005
bass

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Just go. You're not gonna be able to talk to your friends at most of the show either way and if you're not some anti-social loser you can always hit up a conversation with the other people there. None of my friends listen to my kind of music so I pretty much always go to shows by myself. I'll probably end up going to DEP and Converge by myself this summer aswell. Got some friends to tag along to Lady Gaga though :coal:

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

I see concerts as one of those things where, like a movie, it's just more fun to go with somebody else so you have someone to talk about it with afterwards/in between sets. I've blown off some shows because I had nobody to go with (Pissed Jeans is playing this saturday, but I don't know a single person that likes them, so I'm probably skipping it), but I've also gone to some shows by myself if I didn't want to miss them (I saw Yo La Tengo and Mission of Burma by myself, and I had a loving blast).

beadgc posted:

I'll probably end up going to DEP and Converge by myself this summer aswell.

At the same show, or two separate shows? Because if you're seeing Dillinger and Converge at the same show together, then hot drat, I'm jealous.

Zombies magazine
Oct 17, 2005

Firmly grasp the :kazooieass:

Not exactly the most -core band, but I don't want an individual thread for this. Periphery's full length is FINALLY floating around, and god it is one of the best albums I've ever heard.

The Dirtyness
Sep 13, 2007

West Ham Sandwich posted:

Not exactly the most -core band, but I don't want an individual thread for this. Periphery's full length is FINALLY floating around, and god it is one of the best albums I've ever heard.
Holy poo poo must hear this right away.

New VoM is awesome by the way. Some unbelievable riffs on that album.

beadgc
Jun 11, 2005
bass

LtKenFrankenstein posted:

At the same show, or two separate shows? Because if you're seeing Dillinger and Converge at the same show together, then hot drat, I'm jealous.

No, two separate shows :)

I'm also liking The Armed, thanks for the free download!

Zombies magazine
Oct 17, 2005

Firmly grasp the :kazooieass:

And now Sky Eats Airplane's new EP is floating around. Oh goodness this is the best 24 hours of my life.

lanfear
Nov 6, 2009

Nerdy Cat Lady

West Ham Sandwich posted:

And now Sky Eats Airplane's new EP is floating around. Oh goodness this is the best 24 hours of my life.

Most definitely. :3:

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

New Danza track is up, I like it (although it's kinda too "segmented"... transitions seem kind of nonexistent).

http://www.metalinjection.net/av/tony-danza-tap-dance-extravaganza-exclusive-mp3-download-track-sammy-jankis

the Bunt
Sep 24, 2007

HORSE in Africa http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6urvCzg_5Q

:3

and man, listening to Worse Than Alone makes me really miss #12 Looks Like You, even though I don't like any of their other stuff too much.

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

New As I Lay Dying sounds very not As I Lay Dying-ish :(

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Woah as if there's a goon posting who was in glass casket :o .

rgrdgr Karnage
Feb 2, 2006

What the hell is that on the ceiling?

A5H posted:

Woah as if there's a goon posting who was in glass casket :o .

That's because there is a goon who was the guitarist for Glass Casket.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

That is awesome, I did not know this.

the Bunt
Sep 24, 2007

rgrdgr Karnage posted:

That's because there is a goon who was the guitarist for Glass Casket.

Holy poo poo, Dusty's a goon!?

:p

beadgc
Jun 11, 2005
bass
Digital sampler by Deathwish released, get it here:
http://deathwishinc.com/releases/#178

Featuring songs by Converge, Narrows, Integrity, Blacklisted, Doomriders, Nails, Bitter End, Rise And Fall, Acid Tiger, Lewd Acts, Killing The Dream, Carpathian, 108, Starkweather, Overmars, J. Bannon, Eshas, Rot In Hell, As We Let Go, The Rival Mob, New Lows, 50 Lions, Trap Them, Mother Of Mercy, United Nations, Ressurection, The Carrier, True Colors, Foundation, Pegasus, End of a Year, Daylight, Irons, and Ceremony.

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

I go to shows by myself all the time. It's a lot of fun. You usually end up meeting quite a few people since there's always an obvious common interest. Just wear a familiar band shirt, comment on somebody else's that has good taste, and take it off from there. I like going to shows by myself because I'm not held back by anyone and can just bumrush right to the front stage.

elTeddy
Jun 19, 2004
Where boys fear to tread
whoa unearth and the black dahlia murder are playing here in NZ for forty bucks... that is seriously cheap.

the Bunt
Sep 24, 2007

elTeddy posted:

whoa unearth and the black dahlia murder are playing here in NZ for forty bucks... that is seriously cheap.

Is it really now? I have no clue how big Unearth is but I've seen BDM several times for less than 20 bucks.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
Does anyone listen to Towers (album review here) from the Philadelphia area? I just happened across them the other day and I'm pretty sure one of the guitarists was my closest friend up until high school. I'm not really up on metalcore, so I'm just curious if anyone has heard of them or enjoys them.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

elTeddy posted:

Black Dahlia played San Francisco not too long ago for like 16 bucks.

They're killer live, so it was great.

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham
god the breakdown at the end of we'rewolf is loving badass

BiohazrD posted:

New As I Lay Dying sounds very not As I Lay Dying-ish :(

agree

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

democracy depends on sausage sizzles

the Bunt posted:

Is it really now? I have no clue how big Unearth is but I've seen BDM several times for less than 20 bucks.

Americans really are spoiled for concert prices compared to Australians and Kiwis.

elTeddy
Jun 19, 2004
Where boys fear to tread

the Bunt posted:

yeah it is really cheap. bdm and unearth for 20 bucks each... for a comparison nile and hate eternal are playing in May also and tickets are $84. Our dollar is at maybe 63 cents of the US and they're flying out here for the shows... it's as cheap as i've seen from bands of that size.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

On a whim today I googled to find out if the Acacia Strain were working on anything, and... behold: http://www.antimusic.com/news/10/april/09The_Acacia_Strain_Heading_Into_The_Studio.shtml

quote:

The Acacia Strain has set dates to record the follow up to their 2008 release, the highly successful "Continent." The band will be returning to track the new record with Zeuss at Planet Z Studios in Hadley, MA, where they recorded "Continent," on April 14th.
Vocalist Vincent Bennett commented: "It's been a long time coming. It's going to be hard to follow 'Continent,' but I'm confident that everyone will be as pleased with this record as we are. With this album we're not trying to reinvent the wheel, per say, but prove ourselves viable in today's music scene."

Written and (to be) recorded in its entirety on 8 string guitars, this record will be the heaviest record of 2010, hands down. Bennett added: "This is not the heaviest record EVER written, but it IS the heaviest ACACIA STRAIN record to date."

What loves The Acacia Strain and has an erection right now? THIS GUY!

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Wamsutta posted:

On a whim today I googled to find out if the Acacia Strain were working on anything, and... behold: http://www.antimusic.com/news/10/april/09The_Acacia_Strain_Heading_Into_The_Studio.shtml

What loves The Acacia Strain and has an erection right now? THIS GUY!

I never really got into Continent, mostly because I never gave it a chance. Got any particular track recommendations for the better songs on it?

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Skynet - Less like their typical stuff, shows more of their Meshuggah worship
Seaward - My favorite on the album
JFC - breakdown breakdown gently caress YOUR MOTHER breakdown
The Behemoth - instrumental

Good smattering of Continent tracks. If you don't dig any of those you probably won't dig the record.

elTeddy
Jun 19, 2004
Where boys fear to tread
pitching in for dr dooom and the combine, i listen to this album far too much.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!
and pretty much every other song on there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

And on their other three albums

Acacia Strain owns