Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAMiasm
Oct 5, 2006

Go MC Saints!

ICA posted:

So how close to real are the triad's ones? Brother wants an Argentina away top for birthday...

http://www.myp2pforum.eu/threads/10242-Football-Shirts

i read the whole thing and ended up buying a xavi barcelona jersey. they seem pretty close to the real deal. most people say they can't tell the difference. they come with all the badges in the right place. even the little tags. for example the barcelona shirt has the catalonia flag on the back of the collar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,
Isn't the price difference between the fakes and authentic versions about 2 large pizzas or an evening at the bar?

Really need to jump through all these lovely hoops instead of just putting away $10 dollars a month at the beginning of season and buying it towards the end?

You impoverished shits.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

w00bi posted:

Chelsea's kits come out Thursday.

There's no way this is real, but I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Loving that.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

manchego posted:

Isn't the price difference between the fakes and authentic versions about 2 large pizzas or an evening at the bar?

Really need to jump through all these lovely hoops instead of just putting away $10 dollars a month at the beginning of season and buying it towards the end?

You impoverished shits.

from what I've seen it's about

£20/with delivery for a fake

£45/without delivery for a real kit

You can buy 2 fakes for the price of a real kit.

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn

w00bi posted:

that's beautiful but i can't see adidas going back to that logo

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

luvd posted:

Especially if they didn't for a German side (Either the National or Bayern)

CAMiasm
Oct 5, 2006

Go MC Saints!

manchego posted:

You impoverished shits.

mine xavi barcelona was $30 with shipping. it's $100 w/o shipping from other sites. why not save money if given the opportunity? a penny saved is a penny earned

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

manchego posted:

You impoverished shits.

It's just ordering from a site, no different than ordering from any other site. I see no extra hoops to jump through.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

w00bi posted:

That's lovely, but it looks really fake. Look at the jagged white lines around the Premier League badge and the club crest. They look like they've just been stuck on.

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn
it's obviously a photoshop but that doesn't totally rule out it being a mock up

beautiful kit though

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

luvd posted:

it's obviously a photoshop but that doesn't totally rule out it being a mock up

beautiful kit though

Yeah, I know they'd be mocked up, but I'd imagine they'd be done better than that? More than likely using a vector or high quality image, that just looks like a jpeg that's been nabbed from a GIS.

If it does turn out to be the real kit, it's lovely, but I doubt it.

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn

Mickolution posted:

Yeah, I know they'd be mocked up, but I'd imagine they'd be done better than that? More than likely using a vector or high quality image, that just looks like a jpeg that's been nabbed from a GIS.

If it does turn out to be the real kit, it's lovely, but I doubt it.

the mock ups ive seen on the arsenal sites are disgusitng and look like they've been made in paint but then the kit comes out and it's 100% the same, because the guy who did it works in the factory or has seen it in some other way and has no photoshop/skills to properly show it.

although yeah something that photoshopped is almost certainly a fake

and yeah after seeing the liverpool kits with the normal adidas logo, there's no way chelsea are getting that

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

luvd posted:

the mock ups ive seen on the arsenal sites are disgusitng and look like they've been made in paint but then the kit comes out and it's 100% the same, because the guy who did it works in the factory or has seen it in some other way and has no photoshop/skills to properly show it.

Really? Have you got an example of this? I'd like to see it.

I would have thought the mock-ups would be done by proper designers who are professionals at photoshop or whatever they use to design kits.

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn

Mickolution posted:

Really? Have you got an example of this? I'd like to see it.

I would have thought the mock-ups would be done by proper designers who are professionals at photoshop or whatever they use to design kits.

let me go look

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn
okay i can't find the exact post because it's from about 3 years ago but this is the current mock up that is believed to be accurate

i think i posted earlier but i'm not sure

it's not a great mock up, but according to a lot of posters on arsenal-mania.com the guy who made this predicted the last set of shirts too and was spot on with it

this is what he's saying our away kit will look like and i think it looks disgusting so i'm a bit worried about it

his site is https://www.arsenalinsider.com

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

That logo is far too big

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

luvd posted:

love this shirt but I'm aware that I'm probably the only one

we should get the same socks as the broncos:

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn

ibroxmassive posted:

That logo is far too big

it's not supposed to be perfect, that's just what he saw apparently

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

The first picture of the United chevron was an obvious fake that turned out to be spot on. I don't think there's much at all these days to reinforce or discredit kit rumours.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

luvd posted:

okay i can't find the exact post because it's from about 3 years ago but this is the current mock up that is believed to be accurate

it's not a great mock up, but according to a lot of posters on arsenal-mania.com the guy who made this predicted the last set of shirts too and was spot on with it

this is what he's saying our away kit will look like and i think it looks disgusting so i'm a bit worried about it

Yeah, I thought the mock-ups would look better than that. I mean, I'm not great at photoshop/illustrator, but I would think I could do better than that.

Still not as bad as the Chelsea one above.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

luvd posted:

it's not supposed to be perfect, that's just what he saw apparently

I understand that, but you can see how a bad logo can gently caress over a kit with the current/real Bayern kits

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Scikar posted:

The first picture of the United chevron was an obvious fake that turned out to be spot on. I don't think there's much at all these days to reinforce or discredit kit rumours.

United said they were going to use the chevron before the season so the mock ups couldn't have been that far away.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

luvd posted:

that away kit is hideous

Benadryl Brownie
Aug 18, 2005

Haway les gars
If that really is the away kit, I'll only be able to think of this.

c0ldfuse
Jun 18, 2004

The pursuit of excellence.
Is there a reason Adidas isn't keeping with the old logo despite near universal preference of it over the new one?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

c0ldfuse posted:

Is there a reason Adidas isn't keeping with the old logo despite near universal preference of it over the new one?

germans are stubborn

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

c0ldfuse posted:

Marketing?

I remember when they introduced the "Equipment" logo, everyone was excited because it was all futuristic and whatnot.

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn

c0ldfuse posted:

they use it for their more upmarket clothing so they want to keep it distinct from their sportswear

it's a notch below y3 iirc

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

luvd posted:

they use it for their more upmarket clothing so they want to keep it distinct from their sportswear

it's a notch below y3 iirc

Yeah, the trefoil isn't really for their sports apparel brand anymore, it's more geared toward their fashion brand.

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn

Lyric Proof Vest posted:

that away kit is hideous

it's absolutely disgusting

incredibly goony but i just did this in photoshop and i'd buy the poo poo out of the on the left

the right not so much but it's still better than that redcurrant/yellow monstrosity

fans like tradition and simplicity

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

I really hope those Chelsea mock ups are inaccurate cause holy gently caress are they nice and I'll be pissed that Adidas didn't give Liverpool's jerseys a similar treatment.

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

Maybe they've decided Chelsea fans are upmarket and fashionable?

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

That'd be quite a swing from this year's body armor kits.

w00bi
Dec 11, 2004

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

That'd be quite a swing from this year's body armor kits.

Hopefully they felt bad for us and decided to throw a bone after this year's stupid bra-kits.

Twoiism
Sep 10, 2008

Ever present.
gently caress another season of bra-shirts, Pieman can get his support elsewhere.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Yellow away shirt needs to happen

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

w00bi posted:

please please please be real

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

luvd posted:

But they really should. Can't be real though, Adidas is incapable of making kits that nice.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

w00bi posted:

Hopefully they felt bad for us and decided to throw a bone after this year's stupid bra-kits.

I think the sales of those were bad too, no fact basis but there weren't huge numbers of them at the semi final compared to last year's kit and the away/3rd kits.

And me, the only idiot who turned up in the traffic cone goalie kit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Couch
May 16, 2004

COME ON TOT!
Here's what Chelsea's new kit will look like

e:
plz don't ban me Finn.