Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Why is he forming a Hadouken?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

The dude looks like a Super Saiyan as it is.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Why is he forming a Hadouken?

He's just a big fan of Johnny Nitro's Extreme Power Combat Fighter.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

The A-Team Van posted:

Wrestling question: why did the Shelton/Undertaker feud tank? I remember like one really good match that they had.

I think the Undertaker just disappeared and that was that.

Backstage, he needed time off for his hip surgery.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

Writer Cath posted:

Did he actually take part in the making of that himself?

Benign
Oct 20, 2008

And I Quote!

Writer Cath posted:

I want to play this game.

Save Russian Jews
Jun 7, 2007

who the fuck is this guy anyway, i can't even see his face

Lipstick Apathy

Capsaicin posted:

there is absolutely no way could not have

also I think it was on a dirt sheet, can't remember

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

Capsaicin posted:

Yes. It was originally posted on Morrison's own YouTube account.

American Psycho
Feb 21, 2009

How can I join Punks straight edge society?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

American Psycho posted:

How can I join Punks straight edge society?

Go to a bar and get into fights with people that are drinking, at the bar.

Benign
Oct 20, 2008

And I Quote!

FishBulb posted:

Go to a bar and get into fights with people that are drinking, at the bar.

Make sure to let them know how much better than them you are because you do not poison your body with harmful substances to make your forget your sad, sad, pitiful lives.

Faxman
Feb 27, 2009

Benign posted:

Make sure to let them know how much better than them you are because you do not poison your body with harmful substances to make your forget your sad, sad, pitiful lives.

Don't forget to shave your head. Shaved head is the most important part of the SES.

Brickhouse Betty
Sep 11, 2001

Well well well
So we've got:

1. Go to a bar and get into fights with people that are drinking, at the bar.
2. Make sure to let them know how much better than them you are because you do not poison your body with harmful substances to make your forget your sad, sad, pitiful lives.
3. Don't forget to shave your head. Shaved head is the most important part of the SES.

And then I'm thinking:

4. "Retire" local meth dealer.
5. Get beaten up by giant MMA biker zombie-lookin' dude.
6. Grow hobo beard.
7. ARMBAR oh poo poo wrong list

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Two questions for you guys:

1) What was Bret's reaction to the Benoit Murders/Suicide?

2) What are some of the better documentary style wwe dvds?

Bikeage
Nov 10, 2009
World Class: Triumph and Tragedy, Heartbreak and Triumph, Shawn Michaels: My Journey, Self-Destruction of the Ultimate Warrior, Flair Hall of Fame set, Monday Night Wars are good ones I've seen.

Also heard very good things about Hart & Soul which just came out.

Some of the extras on the non-documentary match compilation sets are really interesting though: on Edge: A Decade of Decadence there's both an Edge vs. Christian dark match and an Edge vs. Jeff Jarrett match from a house show in Canada. Really cool stuff that you'd never see anywhere else.

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

The Ladder Match DVD set actually does a drat good job of highlighting the evolution of the ladder match, but it is sorely, sorely lacking the HBK/Razor match from WMX. Although it does have the SummerSlam rematch from a year and a half later.

It's particularly great because it has the full cycle of the Hardys/Dudleys/E&C tag team ladder match feud plus the awesome blowoffs to feuds like Edge/Matt Hardy, Rey/Eddie, and Jericho/Christian, plus every single TLC match through 2006 and even matches from Stampede and WCW's video libraries.

Dr. Ass fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Apr 13, 2010

Schlitzkrieg Bop
Sep 19, 2005

The Rise and Fall of ECW was extremely (no pun intended) entertaining in addition to the ones listed above. Like all WWE DVDs, it has some selective history going on, but it's less overtly biased than some of their other documentaries. In fact, it even has some really funny parts where Heyman, Bischoff, and McMahon all openly contradict each other. The documentary on Bret Hart's DVD is pretty good too, though it doesn't really go into any of the backstage politics and kinda skims over his WCW tenure.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Kentucky Shark posted:

The Rise and Fall of ECW was extremely (no pun intended) entertaining in addition to the ones listed above. Like all WWE DVDs, it has some selective history going on, but it's less overtly biased than some of their other documentaries.

This applies to the 4 Horsemen DVD as well; it's a really good, interesting doc with very little of the cherry-picking WWE normally does to make itself look better. Plus, one of the extras is Flair giggling like a little boy as he tells a story about some crazy party they threw.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Bikeage posted:

Some of the extras on the non-documentary match compilation sets are really interesting though: on Edge: A Decade of Decadence there's both an Edge vs. Christian dark match and an Edge vs. Jeff Jarrett match from a house show in Canada. Really cool stuff that you'd never see anywhere else.

Plus Matt Striker and Edge calling a match!

And Edge making fun of his hair.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

CombineThresher posted:

Plus, one of the extras is Flair giggling like a little boy as he tells a story about he has multiple failed marriages and substantial money problems.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

CM Junk posted:

The Ladder Match DVD set actually does a drat good job of highlighting the evolution of the ladder match, but it is sorely, sorely lacking the HBK/Razor match from WMX. Although it does have the SummerSlam rematch from a year and a half later.

I think that's because it was on Heartbreak & Triumph, which came out around the same time.

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

That's fair and it also explains why it didn't have the second MitB on there either.

I read an Amazon review of it to jog my memory about what matches were on there, and the reviewer also listed what other DVD sets all the other matches were on. Aside from that little hiccup, they did a really good job of chronicling amazing ladder matches even with overlap with past and future DVD releases.

poo poo, it's worth the price tag for Jeff/Taker and Flair/Edge TLC alone. And they left pretty much all of Joey Mercury's vicious nosebleed intact from the four-way tag team championship match.

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009

Burrito posted:

Plus Matt Striker and Edge calling a match!

And Edge making fun of his hair.
This is probably because I'm in the extreme minority who tends to think audio commentaries are normally one the best features of a good DVD, but I'd buy a hell of a lot more wrestling DVD's if there were more around with wrestler's doing guest commentaries on matches.

El Duke Silver
Aug 15, 2008

rarely goes out and should never be approached

Sue Denim posted:

This is probably because I'm in the extreme minority who tends to think audio commentaries are normally one the best features of a good DVD, but I'd buy a hell of a lot more wrestling DVD's if there were more around with wrestler's doing guest commentaries on matches.

I agree. It can make what would normally be a fairly uninteresting match that you'd want to skip into something worth watching just for the insight, or can grant some more backstory into a really important match that you've seen a thousand times. I'd be more drawn to a lot of DVDs full of matches I've already seen if they had more alternate commentaries.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

El Duke posted:

I agree. It can make what would normally be a fairly uninteresting match that you'd want to skip into something worth watching just for the insight, or can grant some more backstory into a really important match that you've seen a thousand times. I'd be more drawn to a lot of DVDs full of matches I've already seen if they had more alternate commentaries.
Gotta agree here. If you have something like the Wrestlemania Anthology, you're guaranteed to have some overlap with almost any DVD set that comes out. Fresh alternate commentaries would keep that stuff from being redundant.

Dragging Iron Feet
Nov 10, 2007

by T. Finn

Sue Denim posted:

Tazz & Cole's commentary on the Benoit DVD's japanese matches is really good. Guys had great chemistry and Cole is tolerable (and funny) without Vince screaming in his ear. Dreamer's guest commentary on his blowoff match w/Raven (Rise & Fall) is hilarious, Coach & Foley on the Sting vs Foley match from Greatest Hits & Misses too.
Road Warriors doc is pretty interesting too, and the Horsemen doc owns because of Kayfabe Arn. Brian Pillman doc is good too, as for non-WWE Forever Hardcore is awesome and I've heard a lot of good things about the non-WWE WCCW doc. If you haven't seen Beyond The Mat or Wrestling With Shadows watch them too.
e:second part was for whoever was asking about docs.
double e: Not strictly wrestling, but Bigger Faster Stronger is pretty good.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Dragging Iron Feet posted:

Coach & Foley on the Sting vs Foley match from Greatest Hits & Misses too.

If you have the edition that comes with the Hardcore Diaries bonus disc, Foley and Joey Styles do commentary on everything on the disc.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

The wrestlemania 16 dvd came with a great feature on the triple threat Euro/IC title match. Benoit, Angle and Jericho all gave a seperate commentary track with their insights into the spots, and while a lot of it went over the same ground it was interesting to hear how they put the match together and how one spot could seem fantastic to one guy but terrible to another.

The more features like this they do the better.

Annoying Reveler
Jul 16, 2002
Not a question, but entertaining nonetheless.

http://jimcornette.com/Commentary.html

If you're a Russo fan, you'll love it!

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

Annoying Reveler posted:

I have always sided with Jim Cornette on his arguments of booking. Cornette would be near the top of my list of people to consult if I were to take charge of a wrestling organization. He is entertaining and intelligent in his commentaries.

I do not blame Terry Taylor in the least for forwarding this to the proper channels, and I do not blame TNA for taking action.

Annoying Reveler
Jul 16, 2002

CVagts posted:

I have always sided with Jim Cornette on his arguments of booking. Cornette would be near the top of my list of people to consult if I were to take charge of a wrestling organization. He is entertaining and intelligent in his commentaries.

I do not blame Terry Taylor in the least for forwarding this to the proper channels, and I do not blame TNA for taking action.

Yeah, it is a bit much. That being said, I think it's hilarious that he actually sent that.

Trollologist
Mar 3, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

CVagts posted:

I have always sided with Jim Cornette on his arguments of booking. Cornette would be near the top of my list of people to consult if I were to take charge of a wrestling organization.

Just curious, Who'd be your #1? Mine would be Paul Heyman

Von Dozier
Jul 10, 2009

by Peatpot

Annoying Reveler posted:

I've always told myself I'm sure Cornette believes the opinions he throws around, but always thought the seething hatred in which he told them was a gimmick.

Now I know Cornette really is hosed in the head with some sort of mental problems, and it's kinda sad.

I guess nevermind the fact that Russo has a family and I'm sure is a decent human being outside of the business, but HE MUST DIE CAUSE HE RUINED MY RASSLIN FUNDAMENTALS FUCKIN COCKSUCKER

Von Dozier fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Apr 14, 2010

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
http://whosslammingwho.podomatic.com/ to hear Cornette ranting about it.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
Someone needs to explain the internet to Jim.

He sent it to Taylor to his TNA email address ("from your email address to the attention of TNA's talent coordinator, Terry Taylor at his TNA email address"). TNA might have been scanning for words in everyone's emails and found Cornette's. Bischoff and Hogan could have it done to look for people backstabbing TNA from the inside.

Him sending that email to Taylor in his TNA address... what an idiot.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Lone Rogue posted:

Him sending that email to Taylor in his TNA address... what an idiot.

He would have felt like even more of an idiot by sending it to ttbigbulge69@yahoo.com

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

"If I could murder Vince Russo and get away with it, I would do it."

Goddamn!

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

LividLiquid: Long lost son of Cornette?

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

I really think someone should get "I hate Vince Russo. I despise Vince Russo. I want Vince Russo to die. If I could figure out a way to murder him without going to prison, I would consider it the greatest accomplishment of my life." as their custom title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Umbra Dubium posted:

I really think someone should get "I hate Vince Russo. I despise Vince Russo. I want Vince Russo to die. If I could figure out a way to murder him without going to prison, I would consider it the greatest accomplishment of my life." as their custom title.

I want it on a t-shirt.

A pink t-shirt.