Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Von Dozier
Jul 10, 2009

by Peatpot

Lone Rogue posted:

I want it on a t-shirt.

A pink t-shirt.

With the face of a kid wearing glasses with down syndrome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammond Edgar
Apr 24, 2008

Von Dozier posted:

With the face of a kid wearing glasses with down syndrome

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

The most shocking thing about that Cornette e-mail is him calling Russo a "twat". It's just not right. That's a british insult! I can't even imagine him saying that with his mouth.

WeaselWeaz
Apr 11, 2004

Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Biscuits and Gravy.

Lone Rogue posted:

Someone needs to explain the internet to Jim.

He sent it to Taylor to his TNA email address ("from your email address to the attention of TNA's talent coordinator, Terry Taylor at his TNA email address"). TNA might have been scanning for words in everyone's emails and found Cornette's. Bischoff and Hogan could have it done to look for people backstabbing TNA from the inside.

Him sending that email to Taylor in his TNA address... what an idiot.

Cornette knows what he was doing, he's said the same stuff in interviews, and I wouldn't be shocked if this entire thing his him joking and writing a fake response from TNA too. Let's assume it's real, I think it's a Cornette rant and those just look insane and dangerous in writing when there's really a sense of humor to them. Taylor probably got worried and forwarded it along, and TNA's lawyers responded like they have to.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

WeaselWeaz posted:

Cornette knows what he was doing

Really? Are you sure?

xXx_darkJerryFalwell_xXx
Jun 30, 2006

It's time to play the game, Jeff. It's all about the game.
He knows enough to keep him out of prison.

down beat
Jul 11, 2002
Russo is such a pussy.

Umbra Dubium posted:

I really think someone should get "I hate Vince Russo. I despise Vince Russo. I want Vince Russo to die. If I could figure out a way to murder him without going to prison, I would consider it the greatest accomplishment of my life." as their custom title.
Gonna get this after my first paycheck

Von Dozier
Jul 10, 2009

by Peatpot

Collias posted:

Russo is such a pussy.

Why is this

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009
That was possibly the most insane thing ever written, what makes it even more insane than such usually would be was that it was intended for an audience, forget explaining to Cornette how the internet works, maybe someone should explain how a contemporary society works and that unlike in the wondrous land of keyfabe, death threats are frowned upon by most people.

down beat
Jul 11, 2002
Yo I don't think he's going to literally murder him.

Von Dozier
Jul 10, 2009

by Peatpot

Collias posted:

Yo I don't think he's going to literally murder him.

I don't think this line would work in court.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
Jim Cornette may find it interesting to learn that it's also illegal to put squirrels down one's pants for the purposes of gambling!

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Karmine posted:

Jim Cornette may find it interesting to learn that it's also illegal to put squirrels down one's pants for the purposes of gambling!

What about bananas up one's rear end for the purposes of sexual gratification?

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Rusty Shackelford posted:

That's why they had to stop selling them at dairy queen.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Rusty Shackelford posted:

Why do you think he switched to shampoo bottles? Alledgedly.

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!
Cornette probably wouldnt do it. It seems like an exaggeration you would say to a (what you consider) a close friend because they know you dont mean it. However, if he sent it to a tna email, jim is just retarded for it and deserves to get in trouble.

Thorias
Jun 3, 2008
It's not so much that he wants to kill him, it's just that he doesn't want Russo to be alive anymore.

Don't you guys understand, his love for wrestling, his passion, it's just THAT strong, and Vince Russo has been ruining his passion for over 10 years now, taking it away from it's old school roots and developing it into the 'entertainment' it is now. Cornette's feelings are perfectly understandable!

Thorias fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Apr 15, 2010

Von Dozier
Jul 10, 2009

by Peatpot

Thorias posted:

It's not so much that he wants to kill him, it's just that he doesn't want Russo to be alive anymore.

Don't you guys understand, his love for wrestling, his passion, it's just THAT strong, and Vince Russo has been ruining his passion for over 10 years now, taking it away from it's old school roots and developinging it into the 'entertainment' it is now. Cornette's feelings are perfectly understandable!

Bring back 1980's southern rasslin :cry:

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Cornette's podcast is hilarious. Everyone listen to it. He claims that he's going to will himself to live longer than Russo just so he can get the crowning life achivement of pissing on his grave. "If I'm 90 years old, I will wheel myself in my wheelchair to the cemetary just so I can say I lived longer than you motherfucker and I'm pissing on you now because you're a piece of poo poo." I love Cornette.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Reading responses to this thread, it's no wonder that Cornette has had a guy in tears squealing,"IT'S STILL REAL TO ME!" at him.

Salt In The Wound
Oct 25, 2005

Hand Jobber Extraordinare
I enjoy Cornette even if he is a crazy old man, but he should've known better than to just outright threaten someone's life that directly.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Salt In The Wound posted:

I enjoy Cornette even if he is a crazy old man, but he should've known better than to just outright threaten someone's life that directly.

Unless he said "And that's a shoot, brother" at the end, it's implied that he's not serious.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Salt In The Wound posted:

He sent an e-mail to a friend of 30 years, so it was hardly "threatening somebody's life directly". Yeah he sent it to him at his TNA e-mail address, which was dumb, but he hardly broke into Russo's house and boiled his bunny before tucking his junk between his legs, putting on lipstick and whispering,"I'd book me, I'd book me."

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

What's funny is this isn't even the first time Cornette has gone off on Russo through mutual acquaintances. When Russo first got shitcanned from WCW, Cornette got his cell phone number from someone and chewed him out until Russo hung up, then called again and left a voicemail continuing the tirade. I think the whole Oklahoma thing loosened a screw in Cornette's brain regarding his hatred for Russo.

That said, I think Cornette reducing Kevin Dunn to tears in person is meaner than anything he's ever said to Russo.

Von Dozier
Jul 10, 2009

by Peatpot

Jerusalem posted:

He sent an e-mail to a friend of 30 years, so it was hardly "threatening somebody's life directly". Yeah he sent it to him at his TNA e-mail address, which was dumb, but he hardly broke into Russo's house and boiled his bunny before tucking his junk between his legs, putting on lipstick and whispering,"I'd book me, I'd book me."

Sent an email to a personal friend that basically showed all his shoot and rant stuff is actual truth, and not just being batshit crazy for the sake of being batshit crazy and entertaining smarks.

There's a difference that you can understand when he's saying stuff about how he wants Russo to die in a shoot, because you figure someone to say stupid poo poo in order to provoke a reaction and sell copies. But when you start telling close friends that you want to kill someone in a private email, backing up all the crazy poo poo you've said before, then it becomes disturbing. This is the difference. Cornette CROSSED THE LINE, if you will.

Bikeage
Nov 10, 2009

CombineThresher posted:

Cornette reducing Kevin Dunn to tears in person

Is there more to this story? I've never heard that before.

Satire Forum Mom
Oct 4, 2003
MY CUNT DRIPS BROWN REFUSE LIKE A DIRTY HOOKAH. PS. THE BACK OF MY THIGHS ARE RIDICULOUS - COTTAGE CHEESE ANYONE?
Uhh I'm pretty sure he's working the Internet fans.

Von Dozier
Jul 10, 2009

by Peatpot
Has Cornette ever actually been in a fight before, or had his rear end kicked? Because he really seems like a guy who needs it, so he will chill the gently caress out.

It would of been interesting to see what Santino would of made out of him had he not been his booker and meal ticket to a WWE contract.

Von Dozier
Jul 10, 2009

by Peatpot

Satire Forum Mom posted:

Uhh I'm pretty sure he's working the Internet fans.

I'm sure this is what he will say if things heat up. As long as you hide in the WRESTLING BUBBLE, "aww shucks it was just a work!", no harm may ever come to you.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Bikeage posted:

Is there more to this story? I've never heard that before.

Cornette snapped on Dunn during a production meeting and made fun of his teeth, which hurt Dunn's feelings so much that he started literally crying about it when Vince forced them to shake hands and mend fences a few days later.

edit:

Von Dozier posted:

Has Cornette ever actually been in a fight before, or had his rear end kicked? Because he really seems like a guy who needs it, so he will chill the gently caress out.

Yes. He got beaten up/threatened by fans in Tennessee and Louisiana on a fairly consistent basis, which is why he's such a rageaholic now.

CombineThresher fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Apr 15, 2010

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755

Jerusalem posted:

Of course he didn't, he's not Colt Cabana.

is that too obscure now? probably not

Matlock fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Apr 15, 2010

Schlitzkrieg Bop
Sep 19, 2005

Von Dozier posted:

Sent an email to a personal friend that basically showed all his shoot and rant stuff is actual truth, and not just being batshit crazy for the sake of being batshit crazy and entertaining smarks.

There's a difference that you can understand when he's saying stuff about how he wants Russo to die in a shoot, because you figure someone to say stupid poo poo in order to provoke a reaction and sell copies. But when you start telling close friends that you want to kill someone in a private email, backing up all the crazy poo poo you've said before, then it becomes disturbing. This is the difference. Cornette CROSSED THE LINE, if you will.

It's not so much just saying he wants to kill Russo, because pretty much everyone says poo poo like "Man I could kill that rear end in a top hat" on occasion. It's saying in a creepy specific way like "If I could figure out a way to murder him without going to prison, I would consider it the greatest accomplishment of my life" and "I regularly wake up from dreams in which I am in the act of murdering him" that should raise alarms in any prudent person's head. I know Cornette is a funny guy probably given to hyperbole, but if the story is true then even his own friend that he made these comments to thought they were far enough beyond the pale for Cornette that they needed to be brought to someone's attention.

There's also the possibility Cornette is working everyone, so who knows.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

A billion people every single goddamn day say or write,"I'll kill that motherfucker!" and not a goddamn one of them do because it's hyperbole and the fact that a single person on the entire planet could read that e-mail and take it as a statement of actual intent is refuckingdiculous. As for the "terroristic" comment, if he's not e-mailing Vince Russo telling him he wants to murder him and piss on his grave then it's not "terroristic" ipso facto it's loving stupid that anybody in the world is taking this seriously.

Satire Forum Mom
Oct 4, 2003
MY CUNT DRIPS BROWN REFUSE LIKE A DIRTY HOOKAH. PS. THE BACK OF MY THIGHS ARE RIDICULOUS - COTTAGE CHEESE ANYONE?

Von Dozier posted:

I'm sure this is what he will say if things heat up. As long as you hide in the WRESTLING BUBBLE, "aww shucks it was just a work!", no harm may ever come to you.

Umm why did he post this on the Internet? And do you really believe he has constant dreams of murdering Vince Russo? Like, seriously?

It's obvious from his shoots and stuff that he hates Russo for being a stupid dumbass, but doesn't give a poo poo about him. He goes into gently caress YOU VINCE RUSSO mode, but it's clearly for show.

Chop Licker
Apr 25, 2005

by mons al-madeen
Nobody in the wrestling business is worth defending.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
If it's not a work, then TNA is going to be wasting money on lawyers that they should be wasting on wrestling stars from the 1990s.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Jerusalem posted:

Reading responses to this thread, it's no wonder that Cornette has had a guy in tears squealing,"IT'S STILL REAL TO ME!" at him.

Well Harley Race slowly limping out of his car did that, really

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
I really want to see Cornette and Russo get in a "shoot" fight with each other. And by "shoot" I mean an out of shape 50-year-old vs. an out of shape 60-year-old throwing kind-of punches at each other until, let's say, The Destroyer, seperates them like a couple of 10-year-olds fighting over a baseball card.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Pneub posted:

I really want to see Cornette and Russo get in a "shoot" fight with each other. And by "shoot" I mean an out of shape 50-year-old vs. an out of shape 60-year-old throwing kind-of punches at each other until, let's say, The Destroyer, seperates them like a couple of 10-year-olds fighting over a baseball card.

Cornette is actually a few months younger than Vince Russo. Cornette has been in this business for SO LONG and he's still just 48. However he's basically crippled so, it'd be an out of shape 49 year old against a crippled 48 year old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

MassRayPer posted:

Cornette is actually a few months younger than Vince Russo. Cornette has been in this business for SO LONG and he's still just 48. However he's basically crippled so, it'd be an out of shape 49 year old against a crippled 48 year old.

Tell me there will be lock boxes involved.