Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Berkman
Jun 30, 2005
Astros>You.
Ticket Prices: $175, $85, and $49.50

What are the different seating for the prices, which one is GA and such?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY

F.F. Woodycooks posted:

It's not tonight I think that one is going to be in May.

Damnit you're right. I misread an article about it saying that it's both A) coming back tonight and B) going to do a Lady Gaga episode.

:qq:

F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

Berkman posted:

Ticket Prices: $175, $85, and $49.50

What are the different seating for the prices, which one is GA and such?

85 is GA, 49.50 is nosebleeds i think and 175 is regular seating

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
It is on tonight but I think it's Madonna songs. Same dif, really.

F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

angerbotSD posted:

It is on tonight but I think it's Madonna songs. Same dif, really.

That one is next week. Tonight's is the one featuring songs with "Hello" in the title

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

F.F. Woodycooks posted:

That one is next week. Tonight's is the one featuring songs with "Hello" in the title

Why is this show so loving popular? I haven't seen anything but commercials, but it honestly looked no different than High School Musical but with pre-existing songs to me from them.

F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

TheJoker138 posted:

Why is this show so loving popular? I haven't seen anything but commercials, but it honestly looked no different than High School Musical but with pre-existing songs to me from them.

It's actually really funny. I would even go as far to say that its the best comedy Fox has made since Arrested Development. Not saying they are the same caliber (nowhere near the same) but seeing as Fox has had a lot of poo poo comedies on, I would say Glee is pretty good. A lot of people pay more attention to the music but I think the show has pretty witty writing. If anything, Jane Lynch makes the show worth watching. Her and Jayma Mays :swoon:

NicelyNice
Feb 13, 2004

citrus
Felt like this might be appropriate for this thread. .. Korean Lady Gaga x District 9 concept

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdH46T3Lv68

Interesting to see how much influence she's had across the globe

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The use of repetition and simplicity of the lyrics make Gaga songs a hit in karaoke, which can only massively help in the Asian markets

inaniloquent
Apr 7, 2007

Je suis génie.
Has anyone heard that song "In My Head" by Jason Derulo? Whenever it comes on, my brain starts playing "Just Dance" over it, can't help it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=UyG1FG3H6rY&a=JJ2XmQZqgbA&playnext_from=ML

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

inaniloquent posted:

Has anyone heard that song "In My Head" by Jason Derulo? Whenever it comes on, my brain starts playing "Just Dance" over it, can't help it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=UyG1FG3H6rY&a=JJ2XmQZqgbA&playnext_from=ML
Yep, the similarity has been noted and they've been mashed up.

Hammsturabi
Dec 25, 2003
Law 54: If a house collapses, and the owners hamster should die, the builders hamster shall be put to death.

Blodskur posted:

The comment on that is pretty funny:

RedCaio "Very cool, great job. the two songs are only a half step apart (just dance is C sharp minor and In My Head is c Minor) so together they clash just a TINY bit."

songs that are a half step apart are pretty much the ones that clash the most

P.S. That mashup does clash a lot and it sounds terrible.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

Hammsturabi posted:

It's woefully done, probably to be a FIRST POST kind of thing.

Irilly Dunnoe
Jan 13, 2010

But when turning her head at an extreme angle fails to produce a life-altering epiphany, she usually just short-circuits and rolls on her back.

Hammsturabi posted:

The comment on that is pretty funny:

RedCaio "Very cool, great job. the two songs are only a half step apart (just dance is C sharp minor and In My Head is c Minor) so together they clash just a TINY bit."

songs that are a half step apart are pretty much the ones that clash the most

It would have sounded a LOT better if they had bothered to alter the key of one of the songs, like this mashup of Pokerface and Eurythmics' Sweet Dreams. Not saying it does Annie Lennox any justice, but it still makes the end result sound a lot more cohesive.

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin
So for the Dallas folks, it looks like she added a second concert on the 23rd that go onsale tomorrow. I love this girl!

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

I tried to buy two general admission tickets this morning for the Dallas 23rd show. I was refreshing ticketmaster a bunch at 9:59, but somehow GA was sold out already? In all the excitement (also TM puts a drat timer on the page) I ended up with two 85 dollar tickets that are nowhere near each other.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Blodskur posted:

Yeah this is awful. Also how do Mashup "artists" pick the worst possible titles for their songs. How is "In My Dance" chosen over "Dance In My Head?" Seriously.

milquetoast child
Jun 27, 2003

literally
Who is opening for Lady Gaga on her American leg of the tour?

My friend just called me breathless that someone on the radio announced that it was some amazing super well known mega act, but I totally couldn't understand what they said.

Semi-Precious Weapons is opening for her now...

I'm pretty sure they said something like "Nikki" or "Inoj." I'm pretty sure it's not INOJ, the early 90s act.

It's Kid Cudi and Jason Derulo.

milquetoast child fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Apr 17, 2010

inaniloquent
Apr 7, 2007

Je suis génie.
They were saying Nicki Minaj, a female rapper. I'm pretty sure that's a rumor.

inaniloquent fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Apr 17, 2010

F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

Gaga just tweeted that shes going to be on American Idol on May 5th.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
When I saw her in January, Jason Derulo and Semi-Precious Weapons were opening. They were two of the worst live acts I have ever seen in my life. SPW were nothing but noise, and I was almost embarrassed for Derulo's little high school karaoke talent show. He was like a second-rate Chris Brown, who is already a third-rate Usher.

Then again, I really wanted Mika to open for Gaga -- I think he would have been a much better fit with her.

Dopefish Lives!
Nov 27, 2004

Swim swim hungry

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

When I saw her in January, Jason Derulo and Semi-Precious Weapons were opening. They were two of the worst live acts I have ever seen in my life. SPW were nothing but noise, and I was almost embarrassed for Derulo's little high school karaoke talent show. He was like a second-rate Chris Brown, who is already a third-rate Usher.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who couldn't stand SPW. Their whole set was just a bunch of self-promotion (they encouraged the audience to scream their name about 50 times) and attention whoring (the lead singer changed her outfit onstage). I'm not really into Kid Cudi but at least the LED visualizations were fun to look at.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Dimentia posted:

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who couldn't stand SPW. Their whole set was just a bunch of self-promotion (they encouraged the audience to scream their name about 50 times) and attention whoring (the lead singer changed her outfit onstage).

The lead singer is a guy (or so I thought)!

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Hay guyyyyys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK2F2iBVOvo&feature=player_embedded!

:iamafag:

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

This is far more awesome than it rightfully should be.

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

Dimentia posted:

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who couldn't stand SPW. Their whole set was just a bunch of self-promotion (they encouraged the audience to scream their name about 50 times) and attention whoring (the lead singer changed her outfit onstage). I'm not really into Kid Cudi but at least the LED visualizations were fun to look at.

The lead singer of Semi-Precious Weapons is a guy, but he's very Chris Crocker-y. I could not stand them at all. The only reason I can see why they opened for Gaga is because they're also from NY. They were so wretched, conceited, and awkward.

legsarerequired
Dec 31, 2007
College Slice

Marshmallow Mayhem posted:

The lead singer of Semi-Precious Weapons is a guy, but he's very Chris Crocker-y. I could not stand them at all. The only reason I can see why they opened for Gaga is because they're also from NY. They were so wretched, conceited, and awkward.

Huh, I guess this makes me glad that I have tickets for the date that they are NOT opening for Gaga in Houston. I still don't know who the opening act for my date is.

They didn't seem terribly bad on Youtube. To be honest, I can see why a marketing type would predict an overlap in fanbases between Gaga and SPW--Gaga's always been about costume and flamboyance, and it certainly seemed like this guy was very theatrical.

F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

Actually the only reason they are on the tour is because they are old friends with Gaga and used to play a lot together in NYC

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

That is mind-blowingly amazing.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I actually liked SPW. They were entertaining, interacted with the audience and made a lot of effort to actually rile up the crowd FOR Lady Gaga as opposed to trying to make themselves the focus of the attention like a lot of other opening acts do.

Grushenka
Jan 4, 2009

That is loving awesome.

Irilly Dunnoe
Jan 13, 2010

But when turning her head at an extreme angle fails to produce a life-altering epiphany, she usually just short-circuits and rolls on her back.

Holy. poo poo. That is loving awesome. A definite add to the favorites (which then guarantees at least another dozen watches over the next few days).

On a fairly unrelated note, I had a very bizarre dream last night about Lady Gaga trying to kill me with telephones made of hair, but I won't bore you any further with the strange details. Then again, I was also ridiculously sick last night, so I'm not at all surprised at the content of my dreams.

I just consider it bad juju since I haven't bought tickets to go see her yet. Who's got tickets for Raleigh, NC already? I hear they're cheaper if you go to the RBC Center to buy them, instead of through Ticketmaster/Livenation.

Dopefish Lives!
Nov 27, 2004

Swim swim hungry

Marshmallow Mayhem posted:

Haha, well now I feel dumb. This is the problem with nosebleed seats, kids.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Then again, I really wanted Mika to open for Gaga -- I think he would have been a much better fit with her.
I would die and go to heaven if Janelle Monae opened for Gaga, but I fear the iron hand of Diddy will prevent this from ever happening.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Heard 'Alejandro' on the radio today.

'Alejandro' owns, QTIYD!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

Sprat Sandwich posted:

'Alejandro' owns, QTIYD!

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY

Sprat Sandwich posted:

'Alejandro' owns, QTIYD!

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Sprat Sandwich posted:

'Alejandro' owns, QTIYD!
It does own, but I was really hoping Dance in the Dark or Monster was going to be the next single.

Oh, well, I at least hope they put Dance in the Dark and Alejandro on the next Gaga Pack for Rock Band.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Semi Precious Weapons are incredible and the perfect glam rock act to open for Gaga. Jason Derulo was bland as all hell but his dancers were hot and Radio City makes their drinks really strong so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 Sided Die
Jan 24, 2009

Sprat Sandwich posted:

'Alejandro' owns, QTIYD!

• Locked thread