Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Raven457 posted:

I found these after looking for a while. I still don't understand what, if anything, HD is trying to say though.

http://nextround.net/2009/03/09/do-not-send-your-daughter-to-oakwood-girls-high-school/

http://www.vivapixel.com/photo/3277?page=1

Look at the lower right. It's obvious that the HD logo has been 'shopped out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ranathari
May 26, 2006

by elpintogrande
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvmnSiVpoH8&feature=player_embedded

It should be a crime to put two perfect examples of those bikes in display boxes for the rest of their lives, especially the RC30.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Phat_Albert posted:

The RV is quite a bit bigger than a CRF-50 or something like that. I'm about 6'3" and I dont feel cramped on it. The seat is so long you can make it quite a reach to the bars if you feel like it.

Sadly I dont have any pictures of myself on it that i can sext to you, so here are some pictures of what I can only assume are normal sized people on them. The person on the #164 bike is pretty drat short, but the rest seem normal sized, #164 can straight leg it to put a foot on the ground, which means they're like 5 foot nothing.

Ha that's awesome. I wonder if I can find one in CA...

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Z3n posted:

Ha that's awesome. I wonder if I can find one in CA...

I dont really know where you are in CA, but there appear to be a couple out there. They pop up on CL every so often around here, so I have to imagine it would be a fairly regular occurrence in CA.

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/mcy/1687657821.html - Who knows what "Needs some work" means, but the price is right.

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/mcy/1647594442.html

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Phat_Albert posted:

I dont really know where you are in CA, but there appear to be a couple out there. They pop up on CL every so often around here, so I have to imagine it would be a fairly regular occurrence in CA.

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/mcy/1687657821.html - Who knows what "Needs some work" means, but the price is right.

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/mcy/1647594442.html

Ha, I'll have to look around for one once I'm done with the ZX9.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIII

2-liter thumper, the maker must be out of his mind.

http://www.bikeexif.com/nsu-motorcycle#comments

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

Slim Pickens posted:

HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIII

Well, the comments answered what kind of nutter would build a 2000cc thumper, a sidecar racer.

Click here for the full 1000x664 image.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Slim Pickens posted:

HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIII

Forget any poo poo you have ever heard about firing order, THIS IS BIG BANG

e: The closest any 21st century human will experience to riding an Orion-type spaceship, right here

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Such wasted potential. A 2000cc thumper in a frame saddled with the worlds tiniest brakes, girder forks, and some sort of quick pants removal system consisting of 9 jackshafts and chains.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Phat_Albert posted:

Such wasted potential. A 2000cc thumper in a frame saddled with the worlds tiniest brakes, girder forks, and some sort of quick pants removal system consisting of 9 jackshafts and chains.

I laughed.

Also, kickstart only? :psyduck:

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?

Z3n posted:

Also, kickstart only? :psyduck:

As it should be. Only Conan the Barbarian can start the bike.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Phat_Albert posted:

A 2000cc thumper in a frame saddled with the worlds tiniest brakes

You don't stop it by braking, you stop it by spinning it about its y-axis and counterthrusting the last half of your journey

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat

Phy posted:

You don't stop it by braking, you stop it by spinning it about its y-axis and counterthrusting the last half of your journey

Downshift, drop the clutch, frame breaks in to little pieces.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Phy posted:

Why are we turning around, we're only half way there!

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
I'm imagining the thing hopping up and down a little at idle.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine

sirbeefalot posted:

It's excited to go riding!

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

sirbeefalot posted:

It does:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ygyk_eCMGzU

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande
I hope to god that I am that badass when I'm old.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Those guys really have lost it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQhhfvKAsKc

raffie
Feb 28, 2004
hopeless incompetent
I caught this on another forum. Brings up some interesting questions about traffic stops and helmet/bike cams. I'm going to be checking with some friends about the laws in my country with regards to these issues.

http://www.abc2news.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoid=22384@wmar.web.entriq.net&navCatId=14

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
What. The. gently caress.

I don't have enough :rolleyes: for that bullshit charge. Honestly, that's complete bullshit.

content...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something
edit: nvm

hayden. fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Apr 16, 2010

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

KozmoNaut posted:

It does:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ygyk_eCMGzU

I was expecting it to be a lot louder. Also, power pulses are apparently drat slow on it, jesus.

raffie posted:

I caught this on another forum. Brings up some interesting questions about traffic stops and helmet/bike cams. I'm going to be checking with some friends about the laws in my country with regards to these issues.

http://www.abc2news.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoid=22384@wmar.web.entriq.net&navCatId=14

The laws vary from state to state here...CA has established that there is no expectation of privacy when you're dealing with an officer of the peace in a public situation, so recording is legal even if one side isn't notified of it. I hope the guy has a half decent lawyer because that poo poo should be thrown out ASAP.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

raffie posted:

I'm usually one to side with cops, but how does "He's slowing backing away from me!" qualify as a reason to pull a gun?

Here's some more content:

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

Deeters posted:

I'm usually one to side with cops, but how does "He's slowing backing away from me!" qualify as a reason to pull a gun?

He might have almost run over a squirrel, better to shoot him dead and save the squirrel.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine

Deeters posted:

Here's some more content:

why are you usually on the side of the cops? You think sucking up will get you special treatment?

It doesn't really matter if he had a gun out in general, it matters more that they're trying to claim it was an unknowing recording when the stupid thing is a giant-rear end device on his helmet.

I always find poo poo like this annoying. Nobody really did anything wrong--the officer doesn't have to be ashamed or nervous about what he did. He's intense--fine. Maybe it's because he's doing something he knows is stupid and trivial and doesn't want to chase a biker around with the helicopter or whatever. Maybe he joined the force because he wanted to solve murders, and collecting unofficial state taxes on the highway is unfulfilling bullshit. Maybe he even resents not getting to wear the uniform he normally feels proud to put on--for the sake of ambushing the people he's supposedly protecting for going 10 over in a 60.

I forget what I was talking about. Oh right. Nice buell.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
woops, forgot my attachment.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

At what point does it become recording without consent? The instant the cop says a single word and you don't manage to tell the guy with a gun pointed at you that you're recording? If it's illegal why wouldn't the cop just ASK if it was recording?

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine

hayden. posted:

At what point does it become recording without consent? The instant the cop says a single word and you don't manage to tell the guy with a gun pointed at you that you're recording?

as his lawyer, I would argue the fact that he was not shot implies consent.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

woops, forgot my attachment.

saw this guy parked at work a couple of times. Bizarre.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

Nobody really did anything wrong--the officer doesn't have to be ashamed or nervous about what he did. He's intense--fine.

This is pretty much how I feel about things. He never pointed the gun at the rider, pulling it may have been excessive, but it also got the point across. His only mistake was not yelling state police as he got out of the car. If he'd done that, it would have been fine.

This charge just reeks of a desire for revenge by the cops involved. Stupid all around.

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷
At first I thought he was getting jumped. Some people hate motorcycles, especially when they're squidding on the freeway. Someone road raging isn't surprising. Watching that video, my instinct was to run (before he was identified as cop).

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Gullous posted:

At first I thought he was getting jumped. Some people hate motorcycles, especially when they're squidding on the freeway. Someone road raging isn't surprising. Watching that video, my instinct was to run (before he was identified as cop).

Definitely. Dude springs out of a completely unmarked car, no hidden flashers even, wearing sweats and telling him to get off the bike, and then pulls a gun. There's a few seconds in there where I'd be afraid for my life rather than for my driving record.

e: There was a marked cop behind him, but he didn't look to be the one doing the pulling over.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

Phy posted:

Definitely. Dude springs out of a completely unmarked car, no hidden flashers even, wearing sweats and telling him to get off the bike, and then pulls a gun. There's a few seconds in there where I'd be afraid for my life rather than for my driving record.

e: There was a marked cop behind him, but he didn't look to be the one doing the pulling over.
...and on the video shown at the news station, the video is non-contiguous. We don't know how long he sat on the bike before turning around so we could see the marked unit. Could be 5 seconds, could have been 5 minutes.

I went looking for the full video on YouTube with no luck.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It was posted on here a few pages back i thought. I'll pull it up if I can(probably removed due to the pending case), but he was there only 5 seconds before the car pulled up next to him and that dude jumps out. You could tell when he was looking down at his mirrors, and I didn't see him do it before Mr. Renegade pops out with a loving gun.

Edit: here it is, pullover is at 3:10:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7PC9cZEWCQ

And with sound:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHjjF55M8JQ

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Apr 16, 2010

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

So what would have happened if the biker just took off? I can't hear poo poo while on my bike and music playing, even someone yelling at me, so my instinct would have been to get the gently caress away from the angry dude with the gun. Would the cop have shot him? Is a cop's life really in danger from being hit by a motorcycle accelerating from a dead stop?

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷
Full video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7PC9cZEWCQ&playnext_from=TL&videos=hmNEGAUG1u8

Edit:

Action starts around 3:05. The rider hasn't even stopped when the car pulls along side him.

In the full length video you can spot the undercover car pacing him early on.

GI Joe jobs fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Apr 16, 2010

Legerdemain
May 3, 2007

Maybe there's something wrong with me, Nanny.

hayden. posted:

So what would have happened if the biker just took off? I can't hear poo poo while on my bike and music playing, even someone yelling at me, so my instinct would have been to get the gently caress away from the angry dude with the gun. Would the cop have shot him? Is a cop's life really in danger from being hit by a motorcycle accelerating from a dead stop?

I'm positive he would have shot him if he tried to ride away. I've seen way too many episodes of Cops where a cop jumps in front or to the side of a suspect trying to drive around him, only to say later "yeah, he tried to run me over back there."

There was some pretty clear road rage going on with that cop, he would have loved an excuse to shoot him.

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

Obviously he was suspecting the rider would take off, but holy poo poo drawing your pistol? That cop had assumed the absolute worst of the rider and his behavior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

eggyolk posted:

Obviously he was suspecting the rider would take off, but holy poo poo drawing your pistol? That cop had assumed the absolute worst of the rider and his behavior.

Given that the rider was obviously loving around, I can kinda understand why. Wheelies past the undercover officer + bus, etc. And he never pointed the gun at the rider, just drew it. I'm not sure what maryland's spectrum of force is for their officers, nor what the officer would do with the gun to stop him from riding off, but considering the cop behind, he could have considered him a flight risk, which might be an acceptable situation to draw your gun.

In my mind, the only thing the officer did wrong was not immediately ID himself as he came out of the car. You see the cops draw on guys running all the time, so it doesn't seem too out of line.

There was a thread floating around about this, but the rider claimed that he immediately saw the badge on the officer's waist as he got out of the car.

And considering the rider did a 120mph wheelie past the undercover car and the bus, I think that'd qualify him for felony reckless. I don't think it's a bad idea for a cop to have his weapon at hand when dealing with a felony suspect. Once he established the rider wasn't going to do anything stupid, the weapon went back in the holster without ever having been pointed forward.

hayden. posted:

I'd say yes. I wouldn't want to get hit by a ~500 pound package being pushed by ~100 hp.

eggyolk posted:

Well, what was he supposed to assume? That all responsible citizens are out pulling 120+mph wheelies?

Z3n fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Apr 16, 2010