Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures
Surely Philippe's shoes can't be discussed without posting http://m.assetbar.com/achewood/uua2vwhNk too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jim Bont
Apr 29, 2008

You were supposed to take those out of the deck.
:siren:NEW STRIP!:siren:

Why does her hat need an olive laurel?

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.
A collectors edition of a TV guide seems absurd to me. Just like collectible Nascar KFC chicken tubs seemed at first, but people still bought them.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

I love Onstad came up with some bullshit show, then comments in the alt text about it.

poo poo, now I'm intrigued. Is Canal Vista a "Hills" reality show rip-off or an "OC" night-time drama rip-off?

Dove from Above
Apr 16, 2007

Snowy! Have you thought about psittacosis?

The Missing Link posted:

A collectors edition of a TV guide seems absurd to me. Just like collectible Nascar KFC chicken tubs seemed at first, but people still bought them.

I bet the granddad from The Lost Boys has all the collectors editions of the TV Guide.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Mom and Dad went to a show.
They dropped me off at Grandpa Joe's
I kicked and screamed, said please, oh no

grandma take me home :smith:

Deathlove fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Apr 17, 2010

Rustmouth Chafings
Dec 11, 2008
I don't know, that Reader's Digest looks like it would be right up Philippe's alley.

Vitriol
Mar 11, 2001

Phhhhhtttttt!
Chris, those are red hats, right?

I have a mother of a certain age.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Vitriol posted:

The fact that my mother of a certain age did not join the red hats is truly a blessing. I also thanked her for not becoming a "Twilight Mom".

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Vitriol posted:

?

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Weedle posted:

?

Gotta keep those old women busy somehow

choobs
Mar 25, 2004
Never bring a duck to a cock fight.
You typo'd your google search. Hah! What a mistake!

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

choobs posted:

You typo'd your google search. Hah! What a mistake!

And yet I got what I was looking for. :psyduck: Thanks internet?

Vitriol
Mar 11, 2001

Phhhhhtttttt!

Wandering Knitter posted:

And yet I got what I was looking for. :psyduck: Thanks internet?

Google is achieving sentience, it actually knows what you meant, rather than what you asked for.

Uncle Caveman
Jun 16, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Vitriol posted:

Google is achieving sentience, it actually knows what you meant, rather than what you asked for.
Hmm, you may be right. Based on the results of even the most mundane image search, Google apparently knows that I'm always interested in seeing tits.

Fillerbunny
Jul 25, 2002

so confused.

Uncle Caveman posted:

Hmm, you may be right. Based on the results of even the most mundane image search, Google apparently knows that I'm always interested in seeing tits.

Even with the SafeSearch filter on.

Of course this is not exactly rocket science.

Chris Onstad
Mar 31, 2007

New strip is up. Don't know how to make the cop car logo that signifies this.

Sorry it took so long. I worked on this bitch every loving day since Saturday and threw away about two dozen versions of it.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Chris Onstad posted:

Sorry it took so long. I worked on this bitch every loving day since Saturday and threw away about two dozen versions of it.
Here you go: :siren: New strip! :siren:

I think you did good, though I always look forward to slide-whistles and erection punching.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Wow that was wonderful.

I hope Pat is the one who gets punched on the erection.

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

We're just gonna open our tool palette and... get some entities... how about some nice happy trees? We'll put them near this barn. Give that cow some shade... There.

Chris Onstad posted:

code:
:siren: [url=(URL HERE)]New strip![/url] :siren: 
gently caress, this is depressing.

Irish Taxi Driver fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Apr 23, 2010

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Chris Onstad posted:

I hope these will show up on the Fanflow, or is it more "I seem to be lighting the garbage on fire now let's never speak of it again"-type?

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Jesus Onstad, that was some loving art right there.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!

Chris Onstad posted:

No need to apologize, it was well worth it. One of the things I love about Achewood is the way you blend the seemingly ordinary and mundane with the ethereal or surreal, and how it all looks completely natural and seamless. And usually complete with a joke about boners. :v:

Eyespy
Dec 20, 2004

When I talk about the doomed, the scum, the people who no longer give a shit...When I talk about the filth of the city...I'm talking about you.

Jerusalem posted:

Wow that was wonderful.

I hope Pat is the one who gets punched on the erection.

This pretty much sums up my reaction to the new strip. Bravo.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The real question is, who will be doing the punching?

Probably Lyle.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

UGH, NICE

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
Well, gently caress.

I'm thinking Showbiz is going to be on a streetcorner holding a "PUNCH ME IN THE ERECTION - $3" sign.

^DrAgOn^
May 8, 2003

MoThErFuCkIn MiRaClEs

Chris Onstad posted:

Today's strip is the saddest thing, the disappearing house was perfect.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

As a semi-adult, this strip is really the truth. It made me feel, goddammit Onstad.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

This is up there with the best Achewood strips.

edit: also, Google Street viewing your childhood home and seeing it completely remodelled and the garden paved over to make a car park is the saddest thing.

Necrothatcher fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Apr 23, 2010

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Mr. Flunchy posted:

edit: also, Google Street viewing your childhood home and seeing it completely remodelled and the garden paved over to make a car park is the saddest thing.

They demolished the pool :smith:

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Mr. Flunchy posted:

Demolished and the entire neighborhood has been gentrified.

But at least there's an orphanage there now. :unsmith:

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.
I'm a grown-up, and my mom is old :cry:

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
That war his dad served in? I'm betting it was the first world war.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Just popping in to say that this is the best Achewood strip in over a year, and that it is absolutely beautiful. Very well done, Onstad.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Bown posted:

Just popping in to say that this is the best Achewood strip in over a year, and that it is absolutely beautiful. Very well done, Onstad.

This. I shouldn't feel depressed over a strip about cartoon otters. Goddammit.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!

Mr. Flunchy posted:

Weeks ago, I drove by my grandparents' old house for the first time in over a decade. This was the house that I remember spending many a night in, that I watched my first ever pro wrestling in, that was only a few blocks from where I went to high school. I remember many birthdays and Fourths of July and Halloweens and Christmases there. My grandparents were proud of it and it was always so well-kept and maintained.

I think I would rather it had been demolished. It's so badly kept up now. My poor grandmother is probably constantly :argh: from Heaven at the current owners.

Flying-PCP
Oct 2, 2005
This is the kind of thing you want to show other people, but then you realize that they'd have to have been following the strip long enough to be familiar with Philippe for it to really mean much.

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

We're just gonna open our tool palette and... get some entities... how about some nice happy trees? We'll put them near this barn. Give that cow some shade... There.
Phillipe is actually growing up. He'll start to age after this strip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Irish Taxi Driver posted:

Phillipe is actually growing up. He'll start to age after this strip.

*posts 500th link to Achewood strip "The Future"*

*wins prize*