Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

BattleMaster posted:

There's one in Area 51, but Versalife is the first time one appears.

Yeah that's right, now I remember :doh:

Grand Fromage posted:

I didn't know you even could just go in the front door. :aaaaa:

It's not really worth it aside from curiousity, you have to fight through a small army and you don't get anything special for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Crown
Oct 20, 2008

Pretend my finger's a knife.
Requesting thread title change, Deus Ex: What a shame.

BullChicken
Jun 1, 2000

Gary, me need sex now inside please
How many people know about the MJ12 base under NY (Main hub where Paul's apt is) ? It took me about 4 playthroughs before I found it?

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
I guess if you ignore half the content in the first Hell's Kitchen visit you can miss it.

tony police
Sep 22, 2006

Riven posted:

My favorite run through was taking the mods for silent feet, invisible to organics, and invisible to machines, increased melee damage and the dragon's tooth.

you can only take one or the other

explain yourself

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Dash O Pepper posted:

explain yourself

You can actually NOT install a mod the moment you find it and thus have an open slot for the second invisible when you find another can. I know I've done it before. :confused:

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Dash O Pepper posted:

explain yourself

Leave a slot open, then find a 2nd invisibility canister to install the other one in vandenberg.

noob

edit: this guys a noob too V

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Dash O Pepper posted:

explain yourself

You can get the aug canister that contains both of them twice in the game if you're willing to save a torso slot until Area 51.

Also use your shift and period keys once in a while.

tony police
Sep 22, 2006

Why would you save slots :v:

Mo' Augs Mo' Problems

Le Sean
Feb 18, 2006
Magazines call me a Rockstar, Girls call me Cockstar
I did not know this--does that work for all augs? You wait until you have a second canister, and then you can install both?

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Le Sean posted:

I did not know this--does that work for all augs? You wait until you have a second canister, and then you can install both?

No, the only reason it works for those is you have two torso slots. The rest are single slots.

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector
The "tinktinktink" of spiderbots is the worst thing ever and never fails to make me utterly paranoid. Everything else is unimportant until those little bastards are dead.

Also the best way of killing someone is by jumping on their head.

CaptainWinky
Jun 13, 2001

Red Crown posted:

Requesting thread title change, Deus Ex: What a shame.

Stick with the prod. Prod with the prod. Just in case though, we're police.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

CaptainWinky posted:

Stick with the prod. Prod with the prod. Just in case though, we're police.

Paul, UNATCO hurt my weenie.

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.

Weedle posted:

Paul, UNATCO hurt my weenie.

I like to pick my nose.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Novolin posted:

I like to pick my nose.

That's terror.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

...of SCIENCE! posted:

That's terror.

Old men, are the future.

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

Flannelette posted:

Old men, are the future.

In six months.

Sprite Based
Nov 13, 2004

dance dance sasquatch

Tanith posted:

In six months.

Why contain it? 'S cool.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I hope gas reaches $4/gallon again

:allears:

tony police
Sep 22, 2006

I know THE COMMANDER because he's my pal, don't think you know something about THE COMMANDER

here's a picture

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
Is the Lightsaber the best melee weapon in the game? I just got it and I'm tearing bitches up. I don't even bother going Solid Snake on them anymore.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Cardboard Fox posted:

Is the Lightsaber the best melee weapon in the game? I just got it and I'm tearing bitches up. I don't even bother going Solid Snake on them anymore.

Yes Dragon Sword is really brutal especially with the melee damage aug.

With enough upgrades you can even break open the weaker doors.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I miss my tildes. :(

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

Cardboard Fox posted:

When I got that sword, stealth became less about sneaking around people, and more about sneaking THROUGH them.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Cardboard Fox posted:

Yes, by far. It fucks everything up.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

Perfect Potato posted:

When I got that sword, stealth became less about sneaking around people, and more about sneaking THROUGH them.

If only the game was built on the GHOUL engine instead of Unreal.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
Next time you're in the Lucky Money getting ready to tell the Red Arrow Triad leader about Maggie's deception, just run across the dance floor and smash through one of the one-way mirrors with the Dragon's Tooth. I laughed until it hurt to see Denton explode noisily through the wall and then calmly say, "I'm here to speak with Max Chen :cool:" to a room full of stupefied thugs.

Also, nobody seems to give much of a poo poo if you kill the entirety of the Market except for the Triad members. One guy yells at you for killing the annoying kid and that's about it. The cops in other areas don't even shoot at you or anything.

e: yes, the Tooth is ridiculously powerful. With a good enough skill and the melee aug, you can kill virtually any enemy in one hit and you can smash through most destructible barriers (like locked doors or containers) as well. There is no better melee weapon. Hell, in terms of sheer damage, I'd say there's no better weapon outside of crazy poo poo like LAW rockets or a tricked-out GEP gun.

Angry Diplomat fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Apr 19, 2010

Le Sean
Feb 18, 2006
I really loved the club set-up and would love a call-back to it in the new Deus Ex, tons of people drunk or rolling while thugs chose to ignore them while doing business through one way mirror.

Shifter mod seems to add in a few prototypes to the dragon's tooth, one of which appears to be significantly better (and it flashes red every so often, which is great when you run out of power and need a light).

Unless I'm doing something wrong, I almost feel like you have to go melee as one of your skills, since is never enough ammo if you want to stick to a certain branch--of course, it's not necessary to do so, and the game makes it easy to be good enough at everything to get by, but sometimes I'd rather not have to throw out a heavily modified rocket launcher because there hasnt been any ammo spawn in four levels.

Use the Prod. Prod.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Psychotic Weasel posted:

If only the game was built on the GHOUL engine instead of Unreal.
I have wished for this many a time. Hopefully DX3 does stuff like stealth kills and corner kills, or even better non-lethal takedowns.

Le Sean posted:

Shifter mod seems to add in a few prototypes to the dragon's tooth, one of which appears to be significantly better (and it flashes red every so often, which is great when you run out of power and need a light).
I think that one has random damage. One moment it's the same as the pre-patch 125dmg behemoth Dragon's Tooth, and the next it will do 5dmg.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Apr 19, 2010

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Yeah I like to make a silent takedown every now and again

OregonDonor
Mar 12, 2010
So, is there a good wiki or list of secret areas/easter eggs anywhere online? I've turned up nothing so far. I know it's completely counter-intuitive to the game, but there are a couple things I'd like to know more about.

Also, seconding the loving Light Saber.

Fnoigy
Apr 9, 2007

I'm fine. Why do you ask?
So could somebody link to the mods that add the fatness slider or GEP-launched homing cats?

If not, I will have to send you all back to the people.

...in a body bag. :c00l:

Le Sean
Feb 18, 2006

Shumagorath posted:

I think that one has random damage. One moment it's the same as the pre-patch 125dmg behemoth Dragon's Tooth, and the next it will do 5dmg.

What a shame.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Cardboard Fox posted:

Get level 3 melee and the re circulator aug and you can brake most doors and drawers with ease. Particularly useful when doing a non-lethal playthrough or just wanting to save on lock picks.

BlackCircle
Oct 21, 2005

I did Nazi that butt coming

uncleKitchener posted:

Get level 3 melee and the re circulator aug and you can brake most doors and drawers with ease. Particularly useful when doing a non-lethal playthrough or just wanting to save on lock picks.

I save on lock picks by using the GEP gun :smug:

Lordpen
Jul 14, 2004

BlackCircle posted:

I save on lock picks by using the GEP gun :smug:

This is especially important if you are in a location with a bunch of say, lockers that are all locked. One gep rocket opens them all!

Jetsetlemming
Dec 31, 2007

i'Am also a buetifule redd panda

Fnoigy posted:

So could somebody link to the mods that add the fatness slider or GEP-launched homing cats?

If not, I will have to send you all back to the people.

...in a body bag. :c00l:
I don't know about the GEP cats, but there is no "fatness slider mod". It's a natural setting on every entity in Deus Ex. They can be edited in UnrealEd, or by changing it on the fly using console commands (hit T, erase the say part, and type the command). To make stuff fat, or skinny the command is
set [thing] fatness [number]
And to make them physically bigger or smaller
set [thing] drawscale [number]

Drawscale defaults to 1 for all objects, and fatness 128. Useful names to use for thing are "actor", which effects every single thing in the world, "pawn", which is every character (PC and NPC), "scriptedpawn", which is just the NPCs, and "human" for just the PC. Human won't effect your first person view (hand or gun), just your third person view in cutscenes etc. Instead you need the individual weapon name for the held gun (such as "weaponpistol" "weaponrifle" "weaponassaultgun" "weaponlam" etc), and for the hand "JCdentonmale".

Here's me fighting some fat terrorists with my fat gun.

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector
Are there any compelling reasons to use the shotgun over any of the other weapons, the overly plentiful ammunition notwithstanding?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bartkusa
Sep 25, 2005

Air, Fire, Earth, Hope

bartkusa posted:

Can't you go out the front door?

Answer: No. Once you transmit the Gray Death data to Tong, blast doors close over the tunnel from L2 to L1. Daedalus then sends a message basically saying "Yeah, if you did what I told you to do, you'd be out of here by now."