Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ravenger
Sep 20, 2004
I'm still waiting for Outcast to appear. I've got the original disks, but I could never get them to work on a modern PC. Hope they manage to get the CD soundtrack to work too, the game would be nowhere as good without the soundtrack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devil Wears Wings
Jul 17, 2006

Look ye upon the wages of diet soda and weep, for it is society's fault.

Blodskur posted:

Sniper Elite: Berlin 1945 is now on GOG for $9.99.

Pretty lame, considering it was just on sale for $2 over at Steam for like the past week.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

AxeManiac posted:

Welp, added Sacred to my list of GOG games I purchased and probably won't ever get around to playing.

I already own Sacred, but I misplaced the Downloadable Sacred Plus stuff I got somewhere, and I never owned Sacred: Underworld, so even though I've only played this game to completion once, I bought it again.

I also bought Septerra Core because it was $3, even though the combat is supposed to be painfully tedious and horrible.

I don't know if I'll ever get around to playing either of them.

Why...?

Devil Wears Wings posted:

Pretty lame, considering it was just on sale for $2 over at Steam for like the past week.

I got it when it was on Steam for $5. I finished the first set of missions and haven't played it since because the levels are long and require a bunch of trial and error (because you have limited saves), and I don't have the time.

Das MicroKorg
Sep 18, 2005

Vintage Analog Synthesizer
A very good interview with interesting questions and answers (e.g. about GOG's business model, piracy, adapting games to run on today's system, The Witcher 2, differences between US and European game markets, etc.):

GOG via Twitter posted:

Check out a discussion about @GOGcom with CD Projekt co-founder Marcin Iwinski on the PC Gamer Podcast! http://bit.ly/9Hoe7e

EDIT: Interview is from 3:30 to 23:30.

Das MicroKorg fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Apr 15, 2010

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Don't be an Outcast from Orion. Be here on Tuesday.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I hope it's more like being a magical outcast from Orion

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I hope it's more like being a magical outcast from Orion

I'll take what I can get.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

God dammit, GOG, spread your AAA titles out! Don't make me choose because MoO will eat up my entire Tuesday.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Tomorrow, right? Outcast?!?!?

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
Only 35 minutes left! :ohdear:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I can't believe I'm getting so excited for the release of games over a decade old

Das MicroKorg
Sep 18, 2005

Vintage Analog Synthesizer
:siren: Aaand the did it! Outcast and Master of Orion 1+2 are now available on GoG for $5.99 each.

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to
haha wow, I can't load anything on the site now.

loving kickass though, definitely wasn't expecting MoO1 AND 2 for less than $9.99.

$5.99 is just icing.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
:neckbeard: I would've bought Master of Orion for 10$

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Games to be released soon:

One whole unit of Blood
Master of Magic

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Heh, their server is getting absolutely hammered.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

FLX posted:

Master of Orion 1+2 are now available on GoG for $5.99 each.

CHA-CHING!

There goes my next weekend.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Once the site gets back to life, Outcast is a goddamn must-buy for that price.

Swamp Zero
Dec 8, 2009

by elpintogrande
Holy poo poo I have never played MoO's and I was looking for a 4x.

what do I do goons, am I too old/used to new/easy games to even attempt Master of Orion? For reference I thought sword of the stars was kinda complicated :smith:

the panacea
May 10, 2008

Swamp Zero posted:

what do I do goons, am I too old/used to new/easy games to even attempt Master of Orion? For reference I thought sword of the stars was kinda complicated :smith:

I think MoO 1+2 are a great way to get into 4x games. You can check out some guides if you feel lost, but it's not that hard to grasp the basic concepts.

Swamp Zero
Dec 8, 2009

by elpintogrande

the panacea posted:

I think MoO 1+2 are a great way to get into 4x games. You can check out some guides if you feel lost, but it's not that hard to grasp the basic concepts.

Who am I even kidding there's no way I'm not buying this.

I was between this and the new Matrix 4x game also discussed here on games... what was its name.. but that one cost like 55$ and this is 5$ welp the choice is obvious.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Swamp Zero posted:

Sword of the Stars *is* complicated. Master of Orion is a lot easier to get into and definitely worth getting at $6. Master of Orion 2 is a bit heavier on micromanagement than Master of Orion 1, but its the best 4x space game ever made. It's surprisingly that no 4x space game has yet to surpass it after 14 years, although Galactic Civilizations II came close. Regardless, both games are pretty awesome and easy to understand after a few games and glances at the manual.

sharts
Jul 3, 2008

a̸ ̕s̡cŗeam͟i͠ng͞ ͘sk͏u̢l̨l i̡s y͝o͡ųr o͡n͟l͞y ͢comp̛ani̡o͞n͝
The perceived value of Outcast means that I'll get hold of that Another World remake I'd been putting off buying when the site gets its legs back. Way to go, Good Game

I know I should probably wait until evening but I just can't help :f5:

Entorwellian posted:

Games to be released soon:

One whole unit of Blood
Master of Magic

I wish I could actually see the site to find out how true this is, I'll buy Blood in a heartbeat if it's presented similarly to Redneck Rampage's rerelease.

edit: it's official!!!!!!!!!!!! http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/one_unit_whole_blood thank you, The Kins

sharts fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Apr 20, 2010

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Zenith Nadir posted:

I wish I could actually see the site to find out how true this is, I'll buy Blood in a heartbeat if it's presented similarly to Redneck Rampage's rerelease.
It is true! It comes out in two days, and includes the two expansion packs (Plasma Pak and Cryptic Passage) and the soundtrack. $5.99, as always.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Holy poo poo, Blood without the hassle of making it work on systems XP and up? And 6 bucks.

Release day can't come soon enough.

sharts
Jul 3, 2008

a̸ ̕s̡cŗeam͟i͠ng͞ ͘sk͏u̢l̨l i̡s y͝o͡ųr o͡n͟l͞y ͢comp̛ani̡o͞n͝
I cannot believe how thrilled I, a grown-rear end man, am over a bunch of old fuckin' games. It is as though Christmas has come again, only I have to pay for it and don't mind. I am gonna buy the poo poo out of these games on Thursday.

Master of Orion looks good too, I'm not huge on 4X games (mostly due to underexposure) but I might just toss that on the pile besides. Is Master of Magic related or is it something different?

Healbot posted:

Holy poo poo, Blood without the hassle of making it work on systems XP and up? And 6 bucks.

Release day can't come soon enough.

I had the naughty version previously (no longer) sanctioned in the 2.5D thread, it ran pretty nicely through DOSBox on Windows 7, but I only played the first few levels because the display mode it worked at was just niggly enough to spoil it. I guess it's time to trash it (and my copy of Outcast, too; I've no doubt GOG got it running much better than I ever managed)

a glitch
Jun 27, 2008

no wait stop

Soiled Meat
Never played MoO before, and I'm generally crap at 4x games (despite really enjoying some of them e.g. Civ and SMAC). With that in mind, is MoO worth a shot?

a glitch fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Apr 20, 2010

Gashroom
Jul 13, 2005
In case anyone is wondering: according to gog.com forums, Outcast has functional audio (the original used CD audio).

frowning
Aug 10, 2005

The Dire and Ever Circling Wolves

Eggn0g posted:

Never played MoO before, and I'm generally crap at 4x games (despite really enjoying some of them e.g. Civ and SMAC). With that in mind, is MoO worth a shot?

...and I'd like to know if it's worth playing them in sequence, or is just like Civ where the newer games are just more comprehensive versions of the old ones.

Mug
Apr 26, 2005
Why does Outcast run in this tiny window?

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Gashroom posted:

In case anyone is wondering: according to gog.com forums, Outcast has functional audio (the original used CD audio).
Yeah, that is great because the score is quite spectacular, while a bit repetitive (because there's not very much of it).

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
That's how we make it right
For those who care, the soundtrack is available for free on the official site.

LBJs Jumbo Dick
May 6, 2007
Tacos! Tacos! Tacos!

frowning posted:

...and I'd like to know if it's worth playing them in sequence, or is just like Civ where the newer games are just more comprehensive versions of the old ones.
I don't think you need to play them in sequence, exactly...but they are fairly different in some of the mechanics. Don't just play MOO2, expecting it to be better in every aspect like is the case with the Civ games.

You can build much much much bigger fleets in Moo1, and I always thought it somehow felt more epic, overall....even if if MOO2 is a more polished game.

lethial
Apr 29, 2009
Gotta love GoG! And developers/publishers of "yester-years" that didn't use asinine DRM in the games... *cough* Ubisoft and their lovely DRM *cough*

I really hope GoG makes tons of money for bring us these great(most of the time) games w/o DRM to modern PC platforms.

Now if they could just also release PST, Anachronox... ;)

Bart Fargo
Mar 24, 2005

Il Raggio Infernale

This service is incredible. Saying anything else would be redundant, so I will leave it at that. Thanks GoG, I really like you guys.

Velius
Feb 27, 2001
Having played the poo poo out of MOO2, I'm curious as to whether the first game offers much in the way of new experiences to justifying buying the pack; I still have MOO2 installed on my machine from back in the day.

beef express
Sep 7, 2005

The highest technique is to have no technique.
I've been waiting ages for all three of these and suddenly BAM. My day off just vanished.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
Does MoO2 have networked multiplayer support? I'd never leave my house.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
I'm all over that Master of Orion double deal! I even have an original, still working copy of MOO2 on my very desk and I'm still buying it. I'm amazed that they bundled both games for just $5.99 too, I would've easily bought both of them separately.

Shab posted:

Does MoO2 have networked multiplayer support? I'd never leave my house.

It has network play, modem, null modem cable play and hotseat play. I'm not sure if they are hard to make work though.

AG3 fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Apr 20, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Threep
Apr 1, 2006

It's kind of a long story.

AG3 posted:

It has network play, modem, null modem cable play and hotseat play. I'm not sure if they are hard to make work though.
It's probably still IPX, so the answer is "hard".