Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAMiasm
Oct 5, 2006

Go MC Saints!

wildlele posted:

Are there any sites like Soccer Triads that sell national team jackets for decent prices?

speaking of soccer triads..

it's been a week since i ordered my xavi shirt, and they haven't done anything since charging my card minutes after i ordered! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

GRIM AND FROSTBITTEN KINGDOMS
Is there a website with the new world cup shirts? I'm looking around and seeing Argentina 09/10 home kit etc, but I assume they'll have something new specifically for WC

also does any one know a decent website for ordering shirts in Aus? I used to use Kitbag when I was home but although they do international delivery, their estimates for overseas delivery are pretty vague..

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Bloodbath posted:

Is there a website with the new world cup shirts? I'm looking around and seeing Argentina 09/10 home kit etc, but I assume they'll have something new specifically for WC

Those are the new ones for the World Cup. It's Argentina 9/11.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

CAMiasm posted:

speaking of soccer triads..

it's been a week since i ordered my xavi shirt, and they haven't done anything since charging my card minutes after i ordered! :argh:

soccer triads has always taken a couple of weeks to deliver to me. if you have any problems just email the guy though. he's pretty sounds and has sent free shirts to me and a couple of mates any time we've had problems.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

CubanMissile posted:

They're not that bad.

Benadryl Brownie
Aug 18, 2005

Haway les gars
Dunno if this is real, but I like it.

nm

Cjones
Jul 4, 2008

Democracia Socrates, MD

Mickolution posted:

They're not that bad.

I think he meant 2009-2011

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

CubanMissile posted:

Never forget

oldman
Dec 15, 2003
grumpy
yeah, I'm overall happy with my soccer triads order. I didn't opt for any printing though. The guy responds to emails pretty quickly.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

oldman posted:

yeah, I'm overall happy with my soccer triads order. I didn't opt for any printing though. The guy responds to emails pretty quickly.

I got printing on a top last year and all the letters and numbers peeled off after a couple of days so I emailed the dude and he said I could have any shirt with printing free of charge. He didn't even ask for proof. So I got to keet the original shirt, now with no printing on it, and got a different one for free.

Havent had any problems with the printing on any of the others as well.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
Having issues finding the Argie away top in shops. Not surprised, its a loving belter.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I have an Argentina away kit and it is indeed pretty nice. I got it last year I think, not sure if they changed them recently.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

oldman posted:

Mine came mis-spelled, so they're sending me another for free. I like these guys.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Cjones posted:

I think he meant 2009-2011

I'm aware of that, it was a joke.

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!

MrBling posted:

This is supposedly the new Spurs kit.

Of course, it could just be something that someone made up, but it does look kinda nice.

Gonna comment on this.

At first I thought "Nah, our deal with Mansion was to run 4 years, but wow, we signed it to start in 2006/2007. The deal is run so we'll be in line for a new sponsor now. Big Cup football would pump the value of that up big time.

Onto the kit itself, at first glance I thought Fulham, but actually I really quite like it. I never buy new kits, but I'd be tempted with that one, it just looks really nice. Santander would be a brilliant sponsor to have too.

Cuban Chowder Factory
Jun 3, 2002
Spurs would be smart to wait until next season's fate is decided before trying to get a shirt sponsor. If they make fourth, the value of the sponsorship will rise dramatically.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
what would happen though, if Spurs played Racing Santander with Santander as a sponser?

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Fat Turkey posted:

Gonna comment on this.

At first I thought "Nah, our deal with Mansion was to run 4 years, but wow, we signed it to start in 2006/2007. The deal is run so we'll be in line for a new sponsor now. Big Cup football would pump the value of that up big time.

Onto the kit itself, at first glance I thought Fulham, but actually I really quite like it. I never buy new kits, but I'd be tempted with that one, it just looks really nice. Santander would be a brilliant sponsor to have too.

I dunno how I feel about it.

Usually I can tell right away, but with this one I'll have to see it on

sweek0
May 22, 2006

Let me fall out the window
With confetti in my hair
Deal out jacks or better
On a blanket by the stairs
I'll tell you all my secrets
But I lie about my past

Directorman posted:

I dunno how I feel about it.

Usually I can tell right away, but with this one I'll have to see it on

It really feels like it's just a greyscale image of a shirt, not like a shirt that's actually grey and white...

I like it though!

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!

dxt posted:

what would happen though, if Spurs played Racing Santander with Santander as a sponser?

...what exactly do you think would happen?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

dxt posted:

Santander will get a whole lotta free advertising.

e: Well, maybe not "free"...

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

The Flying Clog Wog posted:

It really feels like it's just a greyscale image of a shirt, not like a shirt that's actually grey and white...

I like it though!

Well, the other image floating around is this one.

Presumably it will not be quite as blurry in real life.

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!
Referee's eye view.

I like it. Hope we get a decent away kit.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

irlZaphod posted:

Santander will get a whole lotta free advertising.

e: Well, maybe not "free"...

When Milan and Real Madrid played each other in the Champions League, bWin slightly modified one teams shirt to endorse their other site, win.com. Also Celtic and Rangers.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

GravityDaemon posted:

When Milan and Real Madrid played each other in the Champions League, bWin slightly modified one teams shirt to endorse their other site, win.com. Also Celtic and Rangers.

Same happened with Arsenal and (I think) CSKA a few years ago. The away team just had Dubai on their shirts, I think.

I seem to remember Liverpool having "Probably" instead of Carlsberg one time, though I'm not sure if that was from playing someone with the same sponsor or if we were playing in France, where booze cannot be advertised.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
You guys know that Racing Santander are called that because they're in Santander, not because they're sponsored by Grupo Santander, right?

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
yeah I just liked the idea wearing a shirt that says santander playing against santander

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!

Mickolution posted:

I seem to remember Liverpool having "Probably" instead of Carlsberg one time, though I'm not sure if that was from playing someone with the same sponsor or if we were playing in France, where booze cannot be advertised.

Weren't they playing a non-league/really lower league team in the FA Cup? I think they were also sponsored by Carlsberg and got the probably, got their non-league so maybe they just had a one-off sponsor for the game.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Fat Turkey posted:

Weren't they playing a non-league/really lower league team in the FA Cup? I think they were also sponsored by Carlsberg and got the probably, got their non-league so maybe they just had a one-off sponsor for the game.

Could possibly be, although I don't think there are rules for that in England, is there? Did Necastle/Villa have to swap when they were both NTL?

Maybe it was CL qualifying rounds?

Orange Carebear
Aug 25, 2009
Why is the Liverpool home kit so loving shiny

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Orange Carebear posted:

Why is the Liverpool home kit so loving shiny

To distract you from the fact that they're not in the Champions League.

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!

Mickolution posted:

Could possibly be, although I don't think there are rules for that in England, is there? Did Necastle/Villa have to swap when they were both NTL?

Maybe it was CL qualifying rounds?

I don't think it was a rule as much as an advertising stunt. Not knocking it, it's a good one. But I don't know.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
I'll be needing to see this 'Probably' sponsored top please.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

ICA posted:

I'll be needing to see this 'Probably' sponsored top please.

Wasn't Liverpool, was Havant & Waterlooville in the infamous 'haha Liverpool were trailing twice game'

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
Aha, that's awesome.

c0ldfuse
Jun 18, 2004

The pursuit of excellence.
NSC Minnesota Stars

<<<< AWAY HOME >>>>>

There is a movement to name the mascot as Nessy (Loch Ness monster) as NSC is when pronounced quickly, Nessy, and our Schwans logo looks a bit like it.

Hoping the side draw lines look good in person, its always tough to tell from photos.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Do the shirts actually say soccer usa on the back or is that just where the name would go?

c0ldfuse
Jun 18, 2004

The pursuit of excellence.

dxt posted:

Do the shirts actually say soccer usa on the back or is that just where the name would go?

Without having seen them, I'm lead to believe they say Soccer USA on them from my discussion with people last Thursday at the game viewing. There was some convoluted answer to why Soccer USA is all over the jersey that I can't recall.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Tsaedje posted:

You guys know that Racing Santander are called that because they're in Santander, not because they're sponsored by Grupo Santander, right?
I knew it was because they were in Santander, but when it was brought up I just assumed they were sponsored by Group Santander. I've never seen their kits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

irlZaphod posted:

I knew it was because they were in Santander, but when it was brought up I just assumed they were sponsored by Group Santander. I've never seen their kits.

Why bother spending the money I suppose when everyone outside the area is already assuming.