Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Michaelos posted:

Okay, I went ahead and bought this. If I want to take things that are the weak options for Skills and Augs on purpose to see things I would never normally use, what should I take?

Swimming doesn't matter that much because you can get the aqualung or rebreathers. Definitely get computers up high so that you can hack into peoples' e-mail and have time to read all their secrets. If you're willing to use the GEP gun on the more stubborn doors, one rank of electronics/lockpicking will ensure you've always got enough tools and picks to go wherever you want to. Beyond that, just train whatever you feel like.

Get the speed aug and microfibral muscle. Being able to move big crates around and jump really high will let you do all sorts of things you normally couldn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Chunderbucket posted:

Is the dance ending accessible in game, or just by cheating? Google's making me think it's not.

It is. You have to carry the American Flag from early on in the level to Manderly's bathroom and flush the toilet.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

There's also the menu glitch for opening doors and using the multitool. If you hit escape or your inventory while trying to use a lockpick or multitool, then if you wait long enough, it will only take one lockpick/multitool to open that door, no matter how many it says it will take.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

GreatGreen posted:

Just a hypothetical question... would you find the game more enjoyable if instead of having to use Bio-cells, bio energy simply regenerated?

In conjunction with the Regeneration mod, this would essentially give the player infinite health. The biocells maintain an element of supply rationing.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Sten Freak posted:

The flamethrower is the best. I just wish I had saved every range mod so far just for it to really be able to reach out and touch someone with flame.
IW at least did the flamethrower right. Templars really wished they had exploding power armour when I whipped out the Hellfire crossbow. The regular FT (especially the napalm ball secondary fire) used way too much ammo to be viable.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I tried some basic searching, and I could swear there used to be a guide for how to make Invisible War suck significantly less.

I tweaked the resolution and FOV (including hex editing the engine DLL) and installed the unified texture pack but I'm still extremely annoyed by the lovely huge HUD, totally useless crosshairs and the floaty mouse feeling.

Also, I can't help but notice nobody in Invisible War actually makes eye contact when they're talking. Female Alex looks sort of stunned all the time. Additionally, I didn't do this the first time I played the game, but you can basically go around killing everyone you meet with little or no consequence outside of "makes nearby NPCs attack you sometimes."

e: The most disappointing thing about Invisible War is the level design. It's completely phoned in, and they took out the "engage the enemy only on your own terms" nonlinearity probably as a result of the really tight levels. If these were DX levels, all of the rooms would be larger and stuffed with ventilation shafts, potential traps and things to climb on. But no. :(

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Apr 22, 2010

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Is the Plasma gun as useless as I think?

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
It can be pretty powerful if you mod it a bit and have a good heavy weapons skill, but its primary use seems to be taking up inventory space and setting yourself on fire when fighting at close range. For close combat the flamethrower is better, at range the GEP is better.

Lordpen
Jul 14, 2004

Xander77 posted:

Is the Plasma gun as useless as I think?

I remember someone saying it works better if you aim it at the floor next to enemies instead of shooting and hitting them. No idea if its true or not.

But yeah compared to the gep gun it's just a pretty big dissapointment.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009
So hey there's a relatively new DX mod out called Biomod which is an add on to Shifter which does some neat stuff with augmentations.

Some mods, like Run Silent and Microfibral Muscle, are always on and drain no energy, as in IW (to counter that one, crouch running with Speed Enhancement is no longer silent).

Others, like Ballistic Protection and Aggressive Defence System, can be left on all the time and only drain energy when triggered (so Ballistic Protection only drains bioenergy when you get shot).

Spy Drone is now more useful as it's cheaper, faster and can trigger switches, keypads and computers.

You can mantle onto surfaces as in Thief (which saves time lugging crates around).

Things like flak jackets and rebreathers don't lose power over time, but with use. So it's like durability now instead of battery power.

You can pickpocket unsuspecting NPCs to steal keys from them including Anna Navarre, though apparently there's a trick to sneaking up on her.

There's an autosave feature (at last!)

Beta 7 was just released. I've only played with it for a little bit, but it seems really neat so far.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Perfect Potato posted:

I had 7 multitools. I used one. I now have 6 multitools. I found a new multitool. Inventory full. What. What are you talking about, Invisible War? My inventory isn't full, I just had 7! I did not meet whatever arbitrary multitool cap that's in this game. Why does this multitool take up an entirely different inventory space? Is it a special multitool? A king among multitools??

I do not like you, Invisible War. And stop changing my resolution settings, I had to go through a lot of trouble to set those at 1680x1050 and you keep changing them back when I'm not looking.

The UI is so bad.

I'm certain there is a bug with the multitools or it's just bad coding. Either the forums members/testers didn't notice it or they were just plain stupid (probably both). I suggest you keep two slots open for multitools. That way, there is less chance of it occurring and you'll have at least 30 multitools by the time you get to Cairo.

The fact is that the game hate us. It hates us all. It senses comfort and immediately triggers millions of lines of code to combat the effect. You feel like you're actually connected to a character or learning something? Then it'll bug out that character so that you can't communicate or causes NPCs to express hostility towards you for no reason, forcing you to exit and re-enter that area or worse, restart the game. Autosave? No way. You should've done a MANUAL SAVE. Oh, so you were actually making good progress? Well, too bad, this game just felt like crashing or randomly killing you. OOPS, look, a central character just walked too close to fire and now he/she is dead. and worst of all, it wasn't you who broke the game, it was THE GAME THAT BROKE THE GAME! HA-HA-HA!

tl;dr: This is IW.

This is an invisible war, friend and there are no winners. Only the Omar and their discounts.

Also, unless you have a third arm or a detachable num pad, you can't quickly switch between augs and items. Keep that V and B buttons handy.

Peepers
Mar 11, 2005

Well, I'm a ghost. I scare people. It's all very important, I assure you.

Doctor Butts posted:

There's also the menu glitch for opening doors and using the multitool. If you hit escape or your inventory while trying to use a lockpick or multitool, then if you wait long enough, it will only take one lockpick/multitool to open that door, no matter how many it says it will take.

Do people regularly use this while playing? I've never done it besides to just test it out, it's pretty much tantamount to cheating yourself unlimited items. It's nearly impossible to run out of lockpicks or multitools if you level their skills to trained and bother exploring.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I just didn't think a lot of people knew about it. I started doing it after one of my many half completed playthroughs. I don't really do much when I play the game these days that doesn't involve rampant cheating.

Stump Truck
Nov 26, 2007
Why? Yes
Does anyone know why in Castle Clinton if I bring an explosive barrel into the room with the safe and then shoot the barrel it won't even damage the safe? I tried it twice and in the end I could only blow it up by throwing a LAM at it. Not a big deal, but the only purpose I could possibly see for having those barrels in the room with the ambrosia

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!

Stump Truck posted:

Does anyone know why in Castle Clinton if I bring an explosive barrel into the room with the safe and then shoot the barrel it won't even damage the safe? I tried it twice and in the end I could only blow it up by throwing a LAM at it. Not a big deal, but the only purpose I could possibly see for having those barrels in the room with the ambrosia
Really? I usually blow up the door using the barrel (one of the pastely blue/green ones with the green label) and it kills the safe. Kills me too, half the time :(

GreatGreen posted:

Just a hypothetical question... would you find the game more enjoyable if instead of having to use Bio-cells, bio energy simply regenerated?

I used to think no, especially with regenerating health, but playing through Mass Effect 2 has really showcased using powers/regenerating health being bloody awesome.

Injoduprelo
Sep 30, 2006

Stare long enough, and you may find yourself.

rocket_man38 posted:

I liked the literature drops in this game. I actually picked up "The Man Who Was Thursday" and it is pretty amazing. I also liked the other works found in the game. In the cathedral reading the history of the Knights Templar was interesting and accurate as well.

People should also read "Last and First Men" by Olaf Stapledon. It's referenced in the game somewhere and is pretty cool - it's a fictional work that is supposed to be a historical account of the evolution of man over the next two thousand million years.

Also, here's something for old timey players to find: Smuggler has a friend called Gerald(?) Ford. You can rescue him from a place. I've played Deus Ex many times, and I think I miss doing this 50% of the time. I bet there's some of you who have never done it (and it isn't an insignificant part of a level).

The Supreme Court posted:

Really? I usually blow up the door using the barrel (one of the pastely blue/green ones with the green label) and it kills the safe. Kills me too, half the time :(

Barrel is the wrong height, if I remember the room geometry. You can't get the barrel low enough to be level with the safe (and thereby get around the shielding around the safe).

Injoduprelo fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Apr 22, 2010

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Narxysus posted:

Also, here's something for old timey players to find: Smuggler has a friend called Gerald(?) Ford. You can rescue him from a place. I've played Deus Ex many times, and I think I miss doing this 50% of the time. I bet there's some of you who have never done it (and it isn't an insignificant part of a level).

For some reason, if you miss out doing this and then go back later, everyone's dead and floating in the main sewage area. No idea why, though.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Dr Snofeld posted:

So hey there's a relatively new DX mod out called Biomod which is an add on to Shifter which does some neat stuff with augmentations.

Some mods, like Run Silent and Microfibral Muscle, are always on and drain no energy, as in IW (to counter that one, crouch running with Speed Enhancement is no longer silent).

This mod in total seems pretty cool in total, but how is what I quoted balanced? After they buff one thing, they nerf something else entirely unrelated that the player can't even possess at the same time? They nerf the Speed Aug to balance buffing the Silent aug? That doesn't make sense. The same player can't even have both of them at once. What if I want to use the Speed Enhancement? It's exactly like it was before, except now I can't crouch run with it.

I understand that they did it so that now we'd actually have to choose between the two leg augs because now neither is objectively better... but they accomplished that by making the Run Silent aug take no energy. Gimping the Speed Aug's crouch run was unnecessary. It should have either been "run silently at the cost of zero bio energy, or run fast and crouch walk fast and silently, but it costs energy."

The Supreme Court posted:

I used to think no [to regenerating resource systems], especially with regenerating health, but playing through Mass Effect 2 has really showcased using powers/regenerating health being bloody awesome.

Honestly, I think the best way you could do regenerating bioenergy in Deus Ex without effectively also giving the player regenerating health would be to make using the regenerating health aug decrease the bio-energy's regeneration ceiling. So, if you heal yourself and it takes 10% of your bioenergy to do the healing, your bio energy will now only regenerate to 90% capacity until you find a bio aug robot to reset the regen ceiling (which would, incidentally, make an excuse to keep bio-cells in the game, because they could still refill you to 100% bioenergy, despite the regen cieling being lower than that).

If you really want to get nerdy about the lore of it, you could explain it by saying that your bio energy refills using your body's spent energy, like how a car battery recharges via an alternator. However, when you use your bioenergy to regen health, that bio energy is now tied up in perpetually maintaining that health, so it's not free to be used in other systems anymore, hence the lowered regen ceiling. If you wanted to get super duper nerdy about translating this more clearly in the game, you could show this on the health screen by showing whatever segments of health healed by the bioenergy in a slightly different color or something.

Man I'm a huge nerd.

This could still be a fun way to play the game though.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Apr 22, 2010

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
yeah I gave IW another chance, like the fith chance. I can't find anything to like about it. Its not even the things I know suck like the universal ammolol. The maps arent' just small, they're uninteresting and lovely.

Oh look lower seattle overlook that sounds cool!
*walks up to windows facing the sky where the only part of lower seattle you can see is the very top of the space needle HA. If you strain really hard you can see an awesome concrete slab!

The game has rear end in a top hat phisycs which would be neat except the physics are always an rear end in a top hat to the player.
*Gets stuck on the giant vent grate I just dropped out of in the ceiling.

The weapons, character models and textures are a step backward from DX1. There's even an ugly missaligned texture on the back of your loving mako nerf pistol. Why does everyone have pink irises?

The story and characters are also uninteresting and stupid. Peequads or Queequegs? Bitch.

Thats it invisible war, that's the last loving time I try to look past how lovely you are just because of your title.

Edit: The only good thing about invisible war is some of the music. The title remix is cool.

old beast lunatic fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Apr 22, 2010

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

GreatGreen posted:

This mod in total seems pretty cool in total, but how is what I quoted balanced? After they buff one thing, they nerf something else entirely unrelated that the player can't even possess at the same time? They nerf the Speed Aug to balance buffing the Silent aug? That doesn't make sense. The same player can't even have both of them at once. What if I want to use the Speed Enhancement? It's exactly like it was before, except now I can't crouch run with it.

I understand that they did it so that now we'd actually have to choose between the two leg augs because now neither is objectively better... but they accomplished that by making the Run Silent aug take no energy. Gimping the Speed Aug's crouch run was unnecessary. It should have either been "run silently at the cost of zero bio energy, or run fast and crouch walk fast and silently, but it costs energy."

Honestly in that equation I would never pick the first one because Speed Enhancement doesn't use all that much energy. It'd become "run silently with no energy" versus "crouch walk fast and silently and run and jump super fast at the cost of bioenergy which isn't really at a premium."

EDIT: In regards to the health thing, this mod changes that so it only heals you if you go without being shot for a few seconds, kinda like regenerating health in modern FPS games. At the same time it doesn't drain health unless it's actually healing you. I guess to prevent you running into a firefight with l4 regeneration and taking much more damage than you could normally without taking cover? Though we've all done that I'm sure.

Dr Snofeld fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Apr 22, 2010

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

GreatGreen posted:

Are there enough ammo drops and inventory space to do a GEP gun + Flamethrower runthrough?

I got bored with my heavy weapons-only playthrough pretty quickly, but sure, since most of the combat is optional. Make sure to grab the plasma rifle and LAWs too.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Narxysus posted:

Gerald(?) Ford
It's Ford Schick and you are terribly dull.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

InterFaced posted:

Edit: The only good thing about invisible war is some of the music. The title remix is cool.
I like that song that plays in the nightclub that has the Greasel fights.

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug
Here's a dark and lovely video but I just made it after realizing accidentally that you can actually kill the munitions dude after you get LAMs in the tutorial. The first time it happened was great because I was totally not expecting it and his guts went all over the place.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Carbohydrates posted:

I like that song that plays in the nightclub that has the Greasel fights.
Most of that is by Kidney Thieves from the Trickster Reprocessed album. It's not that great but I guess the licensing was cheap. They used one of the album's harder songs in a trailer for IW that was nothing but Alex charging obviously dumb enemies with a shotgun and that's right around when people started to get worried.

If that's not what you're thinking about I think the IW instrumental music was released for free awhile back.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009
You know what, here's the readme for Biomod for the curious.

quote:

========================================
Augmentations

Augmentations now fall into three categories based on the way they use energy

Active: Uses energy constantly while turned on. This is what all of the augmentations in the original game were like.
Automatic: When turned on, goes into an "idle" state which uses no energy. When idle, will automatically activate when needed and drain energy while it works.
Passive: Uses no energy.

All augmentations, including passive ones can be toggled on and off at will. This is so that, for example, if you have microfibral muscle, you can still throw a chair at somebody's head without killing them.

Regeneration
============
Type: Automatic
Cost: 300 Units/Minute while healing
Description: Regeneration now works like the health system in most modern shooters, meaning that there's a delay between when you get hurt and when the healing kicks in. If you want instant healing you'll have to use a medkit.

Aqualung
========
Type: Passive
Description: Aqualung now actually restores some of your energy when you're in water, in addition to letting you breathe.

Energy Shield
=============
Cost: 50% of damage from energy attacks
Description: Energy shield can now be left on indefinitely, because it only uses energy when protecting you from damage.

Power Recirculator
==================
Description: Power recirculator is now passive.

Environmental Resistance
========================
Cost: 40% of damage from toxins
Description: Environmental resistance can now be left on indefinitely, because it only uses energy when protecting you from hazards.

Spy Drone
=========
Type: Active
Cost: 100 Units/Minute
Description: In addition to increasing the speed and reducing the energy drain, I've added a few abilities to make the spy drone better at, well, spying. You can now use the drone to gather intel from datacubes, trigger buttons and switches, and even hack computers without exposing yourself to danger.

Aggressive Defense System
=========================
Cost: 15 Units/Projectile
Description: Aggressive defense now only drains energy when it's actually protecting you, so you can leave it on indefinitely.

Ballistic Protection
====================
Cost: 50% of damage from projectiles and bladed weapons
Description: Balistic protection can now be left on indefinitely, because it only uses energy when protecting you from damage. Be careful though, as it can drain your energy very quickly if you find yourself getting riddled with bullets.

Radar Transparency
==================
Cost: 200 Units/Minute
Description: In order to reflect its usefulness relative to cloak, radar transparency's cost has been reduced by 100 units/Minute

EMP Shield
==========
Description: Rather than making you spend energy to save energy, EMP Shield is now a passive reduction to EMP damage

Electrostatic Discharge
=======================
Description: Similar to its counterpart in Invisible War, electrostatic discharge (added by Shifter) has been made passive

Microfibral Muscle
==================
Description: Similar to its counterpart in Invisible War, microfibral muscle has been made passive

Speed Enhancement
=================
Cost: 40 Units/Minute
Description: Speed Enhancement no longer allows you move silently at high speeds. You can still "crouchrun", but it'll make a racket.

Run Silent
==========
Description: In addition to being made passive, run silent now reduces sounds made while jumping as well as running, similar to its counterpart in Invisible War

Tracking
========
Cost: 10 Units/Dart
Description: Replacing the targeting aug, tracking allows you to fire darts which when attached to a target will display its location on your HUD as well as the data you would get from targeting.

Vision Enhancement
==================
Cost: 40 Units/Minute
Description: The range of the sonar imaging effect of vision enhancement has been doubled, allowing you to see stuff through walls from a reasonable distance.

Gameplay Changes

Ballistic armor, hazmat suits and rebreathers degrade with use rather than over time, and tech goggles have a much longer duration and can give you heat or sonar vision depending on your skill level. These changes make the environmental training skill significantly more useful, so the skillpoint cost has been raised to be roughly equal to that of computers.

Pickpocketing system: Press use on an enemy NPC who is unaware of you, and you'll steal their keys if they have any.

Ledge Grab/Mantling system: Hold the jump key down when next to a ledge and JC will hoist himself over it. NOTE: YOU MUST REBIND YOUR JUMP KEY IN THE KEYBOARD/MOUSE SETTINGS MENU TO USE THIS FEATURE.

More convenient tools: Press use on an an item that can be unlocked, picked, or bypassed (except for keypads) and you'll automatically equip the appropriate tool.

Autosave feature: Automatically saves every time you change maps.

Unconscious NPCs now actually act like it, rather than just being a corpse by another name.

Added the ability to toggle buttons and switches by shooting them, Duke3D style.

Fixed a bug in the mission05 script where it didn't properly disable charged pickups before removing them.

Fixed hazmat suits so they actually do protect against fire, electricity and EMP like their description says they do.

Restored the crossbow's real, previously unused firing sound (in the original game it sounded like a stealth pistol).

Restored "ricochet" sounds that were supposed to play when bullets hit a wall (in the original game they made no sound at all!).

Added bullet impacts on decorations.

Restored "armor ricochet" sound when shooting armored targets.

Added poisoned throwing knives to the high end random inventory list.

Added fire propagation between NPCs.

Gave NPCs the ability to pick up and use fire extinguishers if they need to.

Added pain and death sounds that were previously only used by the player to NPCs. No more people saying "oof!" when breathing in poison gas.

Made it so that NPCs can be "Stun-locked" by machinegun fire

Increased the amount of time between pain sounds on NPCs, to cut down on the "OOF OOF OOF OOF" factor.

Prevented the player from reloading their weapon when they shouldn't be able to.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Dr Snofeld posted:

You know what, here's the readme for Biomod for the curious.

quote:

Unconscious NPCs now actually act like it, rather than just being a corpse by another name.
Huh. Wonder what that means.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

Strudel Man posted:

Buggered if I know. I'll ask the guy and get back to you.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Where can I get that mod? Recirculator sounds overpowered vs. Shifter's version but Regeneration is at least tempered to the point where you can't just flick it on every time you get lit on fire.

Strudel Man posted:

Random outbursts of "UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGHHHH".

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Apr 22, 2010

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Biomod Readme posted:

Added fire propagation between NPCs.

... good God, time for flamethrower runthrough. :cawg:

As for how to play, clearly the best way is to go melee/throwing knives, and explosives. Duh. I want those poison throwing knives.

GreatGreen posted:

Honestly, I think the best way you could do regenerating bioenergy in Deus Ex without effectively also giving the player regenerating health would be to make using the regenerating health aug decrease the bio-energy's regeneration ceiling. So, if you heal yourself and it takes 10% of your bioenergy to do the healing, your bio energy will now only regenerate to 90% capacity until you find a bio aug robot to reset the regen ceiling (which would, incidentally, make an excuse to keep bio-cells in the game, because they could still refill you to 100% bioenergy, despite the regen ceiling being lower than that).

If you really want to get nerdy about the lore of it, you could explain it by saying that your bio energy refills using your body's spent energy, like how a car battery recharges via an alternator. However, when you use your bioenergy to regen health, that bio energy is now tied up in perpetually maintaining that health, so it's not free to be used in other systems anymore, hence the lowered regen ceiling. If you wanted to get super duper nerdy about translating this more clearly in the game, you could show this on the health screen by showing whatever segments of health healed by the bioenergy in a slightly different color or something.

Man I'm a huge nerd.

This could still be a fun way to play the game though.

Or just have regen exactly cancel out your passive regen of energy, so if you take regen, you have to use batteries to recharge. The other option is to have it drastically murderate the recharge so it's slow as poo poo, but that's lame and would just end up making it more of a "sit around and wait to recharge to full" type of gameplay, which is rear end. Having it just stop your energy regen while active would work just fine, and having it so you can toggle it off or on with a cooldown of like 10 min (aka you can only switch it on or off every 10 minutes, so no 2 minute firefight with it on, then turn it off to regen energy for a minute, then turn it back on to go whup rear end, etc) and it'd be fine.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

ImpAtom posted:

It is. You have to carry the American Flag from early on in the level to Manderly's bathroom and flush the toilet.

This is in IW. In the original game, the 'dance level' is an Easter egg that you get to by using a console command to load it (can't remember the filename).

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Marund posted:

Speed Aug level 4 and Synthetic Heart is the best combo and everyone should use it always.

If you have Synthetic Heart, there's no need to take any aug to lvl 4.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
Welp, Biomod sounds awesome. Looks like I'll be using it when I play the game tonight.

I'm assuming that because I'm using the Shifter mod in my current playthrough that I should be able to install Biomod and keep right on playing my current game with no compatibility issues, right?

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

Shumagorath posted:

Where can I get that mod? Recirculator sounds overpowered vs. Shifter's version but Regeneration is at least tempered to the point where you can't just flick it on every time you get lit on fire.

Right here

GreatGreen posted:

Welp, Biomod sounds awesome. Looks like I'll be using it when I play the game tonight.

I'm assuming that because I'm using the Shifter mod in my current playthrough that I should be able to install Biomod and keep right on playing my current game with no compatibility issues, right?

I couldn't say, I didn't have it installed until yesterday (shock horror, DX uninstalled, I know I know, but I reformatted the other week and hadn't gotten around to reinstalling. All I can suggest is backup Shifter's files and give it a go.

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me

Gynovore posted:

If you have Synthetic Heart, there's no need to take any aug to lvl 4.

Shifter adds bonuses for Augs at level 4 with synthetic heart, sorry, forgot to specify it was with Shifter.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.
I've spent 2 hours combined so far trying to beat Liberty Island on easy. It cannot be done.

This game is even harder than I remember. :cry:

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

I've spent 2 hours combined so far trying to beat Liberty Island on easy. It cannot be done.

On the off chance you're serious:
If you insist on going the gung-hoe way, upgrade your pistols to advanced, and you'll be able to do some damage. You can also lure a bunch of NSF guys to the bots on the docks (turns out that luring Paul into the middle of the NSF guys does nothing).

If you want to stealth, remember that the guards have a 120 degree vision, and can't hear stuff more than 10 meters away.

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

Do it on normal, on easy poo poo takes so long to die you're more likely to get yourself killed first.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

Xander77 posted:

On the off chance you're serious:

I am, and I wasn't trying to troll. I'm one of those guys that likes to play without reading strategy guides, faqs, or anything. I'm trying to do it just based on my own abilities.

Although I'm getting frustrated to the point where I'm going to have to seek out a walkthrough or something. I'm trying to play stealthy but the weapons don't work well. Pepper spray is useless, the charge prod only lasts for about 10 seconds and then the enemies run after me, and the pistol takes too long to kill anyone. Honestly, what are my options?

^^^ Is playing on normal really a better way to go?

A Violence Gang posted:

Charge prod is a takedown if you get them from behind.

:raise:

The Shep fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Apr 22, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

the charge prod only lasts for about 10 seconds and then the enemies run after me

Charge prod is a takedown if you get them from behind.