Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zack_Gochuck
Jan 4, 2007

Stupid Wrestling People

The Cosby Mysteries posted:

Is there any dream matches that anyone wants to happen within WWE at the moment with their current rosters?

Edge/Christian vs. Miz/Morrison, both sides acting like heels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Chilly McFreeze posted:

Even worse!

But what about next weeks?!

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Spikeguy posted:

How much truth is there to the rumor that Vince told Jericho that he was the worst champion of all time during his first undisputed run?

I have never heard this before.

Besides, if anyone owns that title, its Diesel.

Happy Happyist
Jul 23, 2007

I need your assistance to make the world blue and change it into a happy and peaceful society.

Is there any dream matches that anyone wants to happen within WWE at the moment with their current rosters?

Sheamus v Finlay, no DQ!!!

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Elimination Chamber: Christian/Morrison/Mysterio/Jericho/Miz/Ryder. :allears:

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

TL posted:

Also, Miz vs. Morrison, but built as a one on one feud and with a proper PPV blowoff for it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWE_Bragging_Rights

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:
Has Kobashi or Kawada ever stated if/when they are going to retire? They can't keep going on forever, even if it's semi-regularly.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

ChampRamp posted:

Has Kobashi or Kawada ever stated if/when they are going to retire?

When they physically can't go anymore.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

HulkaMatt posted:

When they physically can't go anymore.

Hopefully it won't happen Misawa-style.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

rotinaj posted:

Hopefully it won't happen Misawa-style.

It probably will. Misawa is a trend-setter after all.

JavyOO7
Dec 4, 2005
y halo thar?
Kobashi, if he can come back this year, should not wrestle for the rest of the year. Just have that one more big match next year and call it a career. Then release some awesome DVD box set with all his best matches on it to celebrate his career and then maybe have some backstage role in NOAH.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

JavyOO7 posted:

Kobashi, if he can come back this year, should not wrestle for the rest of the year. Just have that one more big match next year and call it a career. Then release some awesome DVD box set with all his best matches on it to celebrate his career and then maybe have some backstage role in NOAH.

Arrive, drink sake, lariat someone, leave.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I would love to see Kobashi wrestle Undertaker and I'm not entirely certain why, I just want to see them beating the poo poo out of each other until some form of concrete wall is built between them to stop them.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

Jerusalem posted:

I would love to see Kobashi wrestle Undertaker and I'm not entirely certain why, I just want to see them beating the poo poo out of each other until some form of concrete wall is built between them to stop them.

I had pretty much this exact same thought on Monday for no goddamn reason. After the Swagger/Undertaker match I just kind of thought "You know what'd be awesome? Undertaker vs. Kobashi or Undertaker vs. Sasaki."

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Suben posted:

I had pretty much this exact same thought on Monday for no goddamn reason. After the Swagger/Undertaker match I just kind of thought "You know what'd be awesome? Undertaker vs. Kobashi or Undertaker vs. Sasaki."

Well to be honest, Sasaki IS the concrete wall in my analogy.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Undertaker vs. President Ramu

TV's Nate
Jan 7, 2004
Brought to you by the Booze Council, reminding you that booze makes ugly women attractive and improves your conversational skills.
A better (well, maybe not BETTER) match would be Undertaker/Muta, since Muta's actually got some history over here in the states and his quasi-supernatural gimmick would be an interesting clash with 'Takers.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Look Taker/Muta would be great and all but I wanna see if Taker can kick out of the Burning Hammer.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

HulkaMatt posted:

Look Taker/Muta would be great and all but I wanna see if Taker can kick out of the Burning Hammer.

I honestly don't want to see a guy like Undertaker, with an injury record and age like he has, take the Burning Hammer.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Sure Muta might make more sense or something, but that doesn't change the fact that I wanna see Kobashi and Undertaker trying to batter through the unrelenting wall that is Sasaki to try and kill each other.

HulkaMatt posted:

Kobashi ends the Wrestlemania Streak at Wrestlemania 30 in Tokyo, Japan after Undertaker is finally put down by a SECOND Burning Hammer :aaa:

Acute Hepatitis
Feb 25, 2008

King of Bikes

Suben posted:

Undertaker is three feet taller than Sasaki

Tenryu vs. Flair supremacy

e: yeah i know it happened already and it ruled

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Minidust posted:

"Dream Matches" are hard to come by these days because there's too much drat TV time. :argh: The big matchups get burned through too quickly when you've got 4-6 hours a week to fill. I miss that feeling of excitement you'd get when two wrestlers who had never been in the same ring would finally have a match.

Hell, rey and shawn's second ever match, a drat good match, wasn't built up at all.

A Dapper Man posted:

Why would they stop the use of the conchairto? It's not like Edge actually smacked them in the head. The worst the would actually get would probably be a ringing in their ears for a bit.

Trying not to set a bad example.

Also, Kobashi coming in to wrestle undertaker would be amazing, especially if he did it after murdering santino and hornswoggle. They don't even need to explain it, Kobashi always just looks lost and confused on his way to the ring, say that he took the wrong flight, thinks he's still in NOAH.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

Why must you post this every year. It always makes sense and I always really want to see that match. Write to the Undertaker and tell him you are a little Japanese boy dying of cancer and it is your wish that he would wrestle Kenta Kobashi before you die. Or bribe an actual cancer kid to do that via Make a Wish.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MassRayPer posted:

Why must you post this every year. It always makes sense and I always really want to see that match. Write to the Undertaker and tell him you are a little Japanese boy dying of cancer and it is your wish that he would wrestle Kenta Kobashi before you die. Or bribe an actual cancer kid to do that via Make a Wish.

I did that last year and Kobashi actually showed up at the kid's house and beat the poo poo out of him to get rid of his cancer.

Technically the kid doesn't have cancer anymore.

TV's Nate
Jan 7, 2004
Brought to you by the Booze Council, reminding you that booze makes ugly women attractive and improves your conversational skills.

Jerusalem posted:

Sure Muta might make more sense or something, but that doesn't change the fact that I wanna see Kobashi and Undertaker trying to batter through the unrelenting wall that is Sasaki to try and kill each other.

Oh don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to watch Kobashi and Undertaker have a chop/soupbone exchange that lasts five minutes, followed by a series of increasingly horrifying Tombstone/Burning Hammers until they both retire on the spot or something. Maybe Kane/Muta would be a better mesh these days anyway.

Speaking of Muta, what would the chances be of him making it into the HoF at some point? He does have the WCW history and Vince seems willing to recognize other countries now.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

TV's Nate posted:

Oh don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to watch Kobashi and Undertaker have a chop/soupbone exchange that lasts five minutes, followed by a series of increasingly horrifying Tombstone/Burning Hammers until they both retire on the spot or something. Maybe Kane/Muta would be a better mesh these days anyway.

Speaking of Muta, what would the chances be of him making it into the HoF at some point? He does have the WCW history and Vince seems willing to recognize other countries now.

He's:

A. Alive.
B. Relevant to next year's WM location.
C. Unique.

I'd say the chances are really good.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nFiEQmprz8

"MAKE A BETTER SMOOTHIE NEXT TIME"

"yes sir thank you sir"

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

wwetnasux posted:

I would love to be chopped by Kobashi Kenta (yes I respect Japanese wrestling enough to call them by the way they are announced in Japan). I know it would hurt like gently caress, but it would be EPIC and I would feel honored.

Acute Hepatitis
Feb 25, 2008

King of Bikes

Pneub posted:

ichiban fanboy baka gaijin~

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
Is it racist for a black man to whip another black man with a strap? :confused:

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755

The A-Team Van posted:

Is it racist for a black man to whip another black man with a strap? :confused:

no, says the man in stamford, if it entertains the people

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Anybody know the name of this referee who sometimes showed up on mid-late '80s WWF shows? I know some people always looked forward to seeing that middle-parted mullet

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i want to say joey marella?

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009
Before RVD last week, when was the last time somebody wrestled four times in two days?

Maybe triple h the raw after no mercy 07? What about before that?

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

dusty udder smoker posted:

i want to say joey marella?

Nah, Marella was really skinny in those days and had dark hair -- see the Hogan/Andre match from WMIII for what Joey Marella looked like during that time period. (Marella also reffed another match in the same show I took that screencap from)

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Web Jew.0 posted:

Before RVD last week, when was the last time somebody wrestled four times in two days?

Maybe triple h the raw after no mercy 07? What about before that?

It happens pretty much every time there is an indie singles tournament since most have 16 (or more) wrestlers in the field.

The last time I can think of it happening without all of the matches being in a tournament was when Steen, Generico, Jimmy Jacobs and Tyler Black went to the finals of a one night, 8 team tournament and then had matches the next night on ROH's Respect is Earned II PPV. This was in June of 2008.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Apr 24, 2010

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

Web Jew.0 posted:

It happens a lot in Mexico.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Theshby posted:

It happens a lot in Mexico.

Some Sundays it's 4 matches in 24 hours.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
In the shoot-style puroreso matches that Ditch posted in the puroresu thread, what is the meaning of the squares in the bottom after a wrestler escapes a hold or knocks someone down?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeaselWeaz
Apr 11, 2004

Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Biscuits and Gravy.

TV's Nate posted:

Probably the next strongest of the Japanese after Inoki. However, it's a big drop. Inoki did business with Vince Jr. and Sr. Muta worked for WCW.