Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Is there any info in the game or the manual that suggests Anna is Israeli? Following a youtube comment led to several wikis claiming that, but not sources cited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Xander77 posted:

Is there any info in the game or the manual that suggests Anna is Israeli? Following a youtube comment led to several wikis claiming that, but not sources cited.

Somewhere in the tutorial they mention she used to work for Mossad.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Commoners posted:

I just smoked ten packs of cigs and it killed me. :(

What a shame.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Red Crown posted:

I've got a quest (IW spoiler): Kill JC Denton. No, I mean before you're supposed to. In the sanctuary, it appears that the radius of grenades goes inside his little chamber. Also, if you contact det spider grenades they'll spawn inside. Since they follow you, they'll push him around, but he'll stay inside the chamber. I don't have any explosive grenades, but I know the radius of smokes, flashbangs and EMPs affects whatevers inside...

Personally, I never really triedkilling him...that is until I got to NY, then I could cause in-fighting between parties and lead a squad of Templars and commandos to the statue. But it's interesting to know that you can still push him around within the chamber using spider grenades.

Xander77 posted:

It makes sense to track the status of those NPCs you have plans for - that is, "if status=dead, then=do something". If you have no such plans and "if dead, then=crash" you're probably doing it wrong.

That's IW for ya :[

Le Sean
Feb 18, 2006
Magazines call me a Rockstar, Girls call me Cockstar
What happens if you sneak into tracer tongs without the sword? Is there any new dialogue?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

BattleMaster posted:

Somewhere in the tutorial they mention she used to work for Mossad.
I just replayed it, and couldn't find that moment (I'm pretty I would have remembered it, at that)

uncleKitchener posted:

That's IW for ya :[
So unlike the original and Bog Page.

Edit - that 'nt makes a difference.

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Apr 24, 2010

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Is anyone interested in a video of Paul cleaning up (most) of Liberty Island?

It's going to be pretty heavily jump-cut, because Paul's walking speed is slower than JC's crawling speed (just confirmed in-game)

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Le Sean posted:

What happens if you sneak into tracer tongs without the sword? Is there any new dialogue?

You can't get into the secret basement, since the code is some 6-digit monstrosity they never tell you in the game (once you're supposed to be in there, they change the code to what it's supposed to be). It's quite easy to jump into the compound with Speed Enhancement, though doing so makes everyone in the compound hostile.

If you do manage to break into Tracer Tong's lab, he simply doesn't spawn until you're supposed to be down there.

Incidentally, setting everyone in the Luminous Path compound on fire is both entertaining and therapeutic.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

Male Man posted:

You can't get into the secret basement, since the code is some 6-digit monstrosity they never tell you in the game (once you're supposed to be in there, they change the code to what it's supposed to be).
It's 7482 before you're supposed to be there (which changes to 1997 when you are supposed to be there). Also you can lock yourself into the underground compound if you use the keypad outside to swing the painting shut behind you, because there's no way to open it again from the inside. I did that once by accident. :(

Le Sean
Feb 18, 2006
Magazines call me a Rockstar, Girls call me Cockstar

Male Man posted:

You can't get into the secret basement, since the code is some 6-digit monstrosity they never tell you in the game.

And all we have to do is crack the code.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

fulcrum150 posted:

He'll only show up if you don't kill Joe Greene and you talk to Jordan Shea (the Underworld bartender) before seeing Dowd. If You kill Greene and avoid Shea (I guess she's a UNATCO informant or something), you won't get ambushed by MJ12's hired thug.

Joe Greene is the UNATCO informant. Jordan couldn't possibly....no......mny world turned upside down.......

edit: I'm giving myself a new challenge. I want to see what happens if I knock Maggie Chow unconscious in her apartment and carry her body with me for several levels to the bottom of the Universal Constructor.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

mp5 posted:

Joe Greene is the UNATCO informant. Jordan couldn't possibly....no......mny world turned upside down.......
She tells you that the very first time you meet her.

Also, going back to the assassin thug theory - in retrospect, given that this is the plot of the same brilliant mind that decided to plant a bomb (A bomb?!) on your helicopter and only detonate it when you're done thoroughly loving their poo poo up, I can see that happening.

The Pebbler
Nov 22, 2006

by T. Finn

mp5 posted:

edit: I'm giving myself a new challenge. I want to see what happens if I knock Maggie Chow unconscious in her apartment and carry her body with me for several levels to the bottom of the Universal Constructor.
she will do her conversation about going to the police station

and then the second time you talk to her she will give the normal diolague

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
I always do this in the missile silo level: knock out the dick in the bottom of the silo, carry him up top, and center his body over the silo doors. When the missile launches, it will pick him up and take him with it. gently caress you, unimportant forgettable bad guy!

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Carbohydrates posted:

I always do this in the missile silo level: knock out the dick in the bottom of the silo, carry him up top, and center his body over the silo doors. When the missile launches, it will pick him up and take him with it. gently caress you, unimportant forgettable bad guy!

I always climb up to the top level and jump on his head to kill him, Sunglasses at Night style.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Xander77 posted:

Have another video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1ubWxcj2FU

The best part of that was definitely the "cut to Paul, cut to JC, cut back to Paul, the security bot is approaching, cut back to JC, cut back to Paul, the security bot is STANDING RIGHT THERE and politely waiting for everyone to finish chatting."

In other news, :lol: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zrxhtip7btA#t=1m38

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
So I got bored and decided to figure out HOW to change sounds in Deus Ex, instead of whining about not knowing how.

Initial tests have been promising.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hx1RyZ2C0DQ

Maybe I'll beef up the sounds a bit for my next playthrough... though giving every enemy squeaky shoes would be funny.

Zalb
Oct 12, 2009

Who do you think you ARE?
The greatest poster to ever grace the internet with your PRESENCE?!

The Kins posted:

So I got bored and decided to figure out HOW to change sounds in Deus Ex, instead of whining about not knowing how.

Initial tests have been promising.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hx1RyZ2C0DQ

Maybe I'll beef up the sounds a bit for my next playthrough... though giving every enemy squeaky shoes would be funny.

Now THAT would make people love silent running!

BillWh0re
Aug 6, 2001

Has anyone installed Biomod on a game in progress? I switched from Shifter to Biomod just after Liberty Island and the microfibral muscle aug hasn't become passive. Also, the aqualung I picked up after installing Biomod, even though it has the biomod text, is also not passive.

Wondering if there's a console command to spawn the Biomod version of these canisters.

Woozy
Jan 3, 2006

Velius posted:

Can someone explain the retarded Invisible War save system? I must be new to this whole video game thing, because my expectation is that a 'quicksave' is a normal save game that lasts until I overwrite it by saving a new one. But I must be doing something wrong, because not only is the quick save not persistent upon leaving the game, if I accidentally choose to load something else (from the menu, naturally, because when you die it boots you back automatically), it overwrites the quicksave with whatever else I've loaded.

I realize Invisible War is terrible, but I'd be marginally more likely to play it through if I hadn't lost progress three or four times getting partially through Seattle.

Maybe a dumb question, but are you sure you're actually loading the quicksave? I ran into a similar issue only I realized I was loading the save directly below "QUICKSAVE" because the load menu makes it look like the quick save text is a header:

QUICKSAVE
Tarsus Labs

I was clicking Tarsus and not QUICKSAVE. :sweatdrop:

Anyway this post will probably come back to haunt me but IW is actually turning out to be more fun that I thought it would be. I'd be pissed if I dropped $50 on release expecting the second coming of DX, but now that I'm over all the "CONTARD!" rage it actually stands pretty well on its own. Still no where near DX1, but the biomods are pretty cool and the gunplay is a lot smoother after you get the SMG.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Dr Snofeld posted:

For about ten minutes, and there's nobody and nothing much there. You don't have to keep playing this poo poo.

But you miss the greatest reveal in the game. The maintenance man WAS switching the soda to gently caress with Gunther:argh:

Chunderbucket
Aug 31, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

I read that last night in the Boom walkthrough and felt so comforted that now I REALLY didn't have to finish IW :)

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

The Kins posted:

While you're doing that... do you think it would be possible to change JC's shoe sound effects from currently sounding like he's wearing shoes like this:

to sounding like he's wearing shoes like this?

jusion
Jan 24, 2007

BillWh0re posted:

Has anyone installed Biomod on a game in progress? I switched from Shifter to Biomod just after Liberty Island and the microfibral muscle aug hasn't become passive. Also, the aqualung I picked up after installing Biomod, even though it has the biomod text, is also not passive.

Wondering if there's a console command to spawn the Biomod version of these canisters.
You still have to activate them. They just don't actively consume energy when you do.

BBW Tang Clan
Jun 28, 2009

by mons all madden

Back in the day i thought this poo poo looked so cool i printed it out and glued it to my pc in place of the amd athlon sticker on the front

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
If I'm using Shifter + Biomod and made the mistake of picking a lovely aug for my build, can I undo that without having to load a save that's an hour behind my last save?

BillWh0re
Aug 6, 2001

jusion posted:

You still have to activate them. They just don't actively consume energy when you do.

:doh: I didn't even check to see if I was losing energy, thanks

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

GreatGreen posted:

If I'm using Shifter + Biomod and made the mistake of picking a lovely aug for my build, can I undo that without having to load a save that's an hour behind my last save?

Shifter lets you replace augs, so yes, assuming you find a canister with the aug you're looking for.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

Dr Snofeld posted:

Shifter lets you replace augs, so yes, assuming you find a canister with the aug you're looking for.

Gotcha. Well, now I'm running into a different problem. None of the things I'm spawning the cheat menu are actually appearing in game.

Basically, even though I'm doing a stealth run, I decided against the spy drone because it flies at roughly .3 miles per hour and uses a retarded amount of bioenergy, meaning that you can go from a full bar to literally nothing by the time the drone gets 15 feet away from you, so I thought it was kind of worthless. However, Biomod has apparently improved the Spy Drone by a lot, so I'd like to give it another shot. However, nothing will spawn, including aug canisters, even after I go through the trouble of enabling the cheats, then trying to spawn the canisters into the game.

Lilac
Dec 8, 2005

by Fistgrrl
Guess I had my expectations too high from reading all the praise, but this game plays like Tekwar. I know people usually put their rose-colored glasses on when they talk about how good the games of yore were, but that' because those games could innovate, like xcom, dungeon keeper or jagged alliance 2.

Recommended if you feel that conventional stealth/fps games have too few DoTs, I guess. Also, bonus for hilarious voice acting.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Lilac1 posted:

Guess I had my expectations too high from reading all the praise, but this game plays like Tekwar. I know people usually put their rose-colored glasses on when they talk about how good the games of yore were, but that' because those games could innovate, like xcom, dungeon keeper or jagged alliance 2.

Recommended if you feel that conventional stealth/fps games have too few DoTs, I guess. Also, bonus for hilarious voice acting.

Did... did you just compare Deus Ex to Tek War?

:suicide:

What a shame.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

GreatGreen posted:

Gotcha. Well, now I'm running into a different problem. None of the things I'm spawning the cheat menu are actually appearing in game.

Basically, even though I'm doing a stealth run, I decided against the spy drone because it flies at roughly .3 miles per hour and uses a retarded amount of bioenergy, meaning that you can go from a full bar to literally nothing by the time the drone gets 15 feet away from you, so I thought it was kind of worthless. However, Biomod has apparently improved the Spy Drone by a lot, so I'd like to give it another shot. However, nothing will spawn, including aug canisters, even after I go through the trouble of enabling the cheats, then trying to spawn the canisters into the game.

Can you get any of the cheats to work? Try something simple like "ghost" or "fly" (use "walk" to disable these). If you can't get them to function, try enabling cheats manually with the command "Set DeusEx.JCDentonMale bCheatsEnabled True". Watch the upper left corner of the screen. If you did it right, nothing should appear here. If you did it wrong, some message will appear.

Have you tried the command that directly alters your augmentations? I believe it's just augadd [name]. You might also try allaugs, which (if it works the same as allweapons) will just drop every canister at your feet.

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I liked the spy drone. I would just send it around corners to disable bots.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Lilac1 posted:

I know people usually put their rose-colored glasses on when they talk about how good the games of yore were, but that' because those games could innovate, like xcom, dungeon keeper or jagged alliance 2.

Hey guys I think this Command & Conquer 1 game is too unoriginal, it is very similar to Command & Conquer 3.

:psyduck:

BillWh0re
Aug 6, 2001

fleshweasel posted:

I liked the spy drone. I would just send it around corners to disable bots.

The spy drone was great even in vanilla, it was a decent alternative to carrying around the GEP gun and a stack of EMP grenades. Inventory space is a much more valuable resource than bio energy in Dues Ex, and the spy drone was a good trade.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

Male Man posted:

Can you get any of the cheats to work? Try something simple like "ghost" or "fly" (use "walk" to disable these). If you can't get them to function, try enabling cheats manually with the command "Set DeusEx.JCDentonMale bCheatsEnabled True". Watch the upper left corner of the screen. If you did it right, nothing should appear here. If you did it wrong, some message will appear.

Have you tried the command that directly alters your augmentations? I believe it's just augadd [name]. You might also try allaugs, which (if it works the same as allweapons) will just drop every canister at your feet.

Yep. I got other cheat codes to work. I spawned a repair bot, a medical bot, and a couple thousand medpacks and cats. But when I typed "summon augdrone 1" or "spawnmass augdrone 1" with or without the numbers, nothing happened, not even so much as a confirmation or error message.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
I love active defense way too much to take the spy drone instead. Upgrading that thing to level 2 or 3 will protect you really, really well from just about every explosive weapon you'll ever have used against you, and bringing it up to level 4 turns fights against heavy bots and MJ12 commandos into hilarious suicide-fests.

Lilac
Dec 8, 2005

by Fistgrrl

Ansob. posted:

Hey guys I think this Command & Conquer 1 game is too unoriginal, it is very similar to Command & Conquer 3.

:psyduck:

I don't even know what this means. Jagged alliance 2 had infinitely superior mechanics compared to the first, which pretty much was one good idea marred by the execution.

So, nice try, I guess?

Fuzz posted:

Did... did you just compare Deus Ex to Tek War?

You're right, Tekwar had better combat.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

don't argue with lilac1, he is an idiot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Does anyone know how to fix the horrible lag from prerendering using the D3D10 renderer? I'd play with vsync off because that'd fix it but that's not an option since you can't play Deus Ex with an uncapped framerate.