Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Which will basically cost a king's ransom to own :ohdear:

They weren't that bad :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Happily I found a Princess Leia Mighty Mugg for $20 at C2E2 which completes my Star Wars MM collection. Now I don't have to sell the drat things because I have an incomplete set. Now I just need to find the damned Iron Man 2 Muggs...

Whorehey
Jun 3, 2006
You saw it here first folks...
Does anyone have any decent pictures of the C2E2 exclusive Black Lantern Hal and White Lantern Sinestro action figures that were raffled off? A friend of mine informed me last night that he won and bought a set for me. As happy as I am that my friend decided to sell me them at cost rather than turning them on Ebay for some ludicrous amount, I have yet to find a decent picture of the figures. This friend of mine won't be able to get these two figures to me for a few weeks so my curiosity is growing. I can only find pictures of the packaging, which shows the figure from the torso up.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Whorehey posted:

Does anyone have any decent pictures of the C2E2 exclusive Black Lantern Hal and White Lantern Sinestro action figures that were raffled off? A friend of mine informed me last night that he won and bought a set for me. As happy as I am that my friend decided to sell me them at cost rather than turning them on Ebay for some ludicrous amount, I have yet to find a decent picture of the figures. This friend of mine won't be able to get these two figures to me for a few weeks so my curiosity is growing. I can only find pictures of the packaging, which shows the figure from the torso up.
The C2E2 ones are the same as the WonderCon ones.

Here's AFP's extremely comprehensive look:
http://www.actionfigurepics.com/2010/04/dc-direct-wondercon-2010-exclusive-hal-jordan-and-sinestro

Whorehey
Jun 3, 2006
You saw it here first folks...

RevKrule posted:

The C2E2 ones are the same as the WonderCon ones.

Here's AFP's extremely comprehensive look:
http://www.actionfigurepics.com/2010/04/dc-direct-wondercon-2010-exclusive-hal-jordan-and-sinestro

Wow, that's exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks for the link, I'll be visiting that site frequently now that I know it exists.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

Jet Ready Go posted:

Any idea how much it would be to pick it up and ship it to 10013? I don't need it in packaging so you can just send me the toy in the cheapest crappiest way possible I'd be happy.

The Forbidden Planet near me is trying to sell the mudda fug for $19.99 + tax, pieces of poo poo.

Pending RKOMG's closeout rack price I'll contact you about it.

Thanks guys!

poo poo, sorry; I worked at the one of our other locations yesterday so I couldn't grab it. Ten bucks is actually cheaper than mine'll be, though, so that's probably a better deal.

Mine is currently beating the poo poo out of the new tiny Iron Man figure.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.

profbobo posted:

They weren't that bad :)

Sure if you bought them last october, they're like $600 now.

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!

Vaporware posted:

Sure if you bought them last october, they're like $600 now.

Holy christ, they are. I had no idea.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
There's such an shortage of Wood's toys that after the sale EVERYTHING that retailed for less than $200 doubles in cost. The brambles that sold earlier this year are now in the $110-150 range. You could buy them retail $55 back in Dec.

The big bots >$200 aren't at such crazy heights because the low end of the market is the only side that's growing.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

The 12" Peter Venkman goes on sale in about 10 minutes if anyone wants that figure.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

The Rage posted:

The 12" Peter Venkman goes on sale in about 10 minutes if anyone wants that figure.

Oh no! 6" Winston's sold out! I didn't think it was ever going to.. I meant to get him at some point, and kept forgetting to...

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

The_Doctor posted:

Oh no! 6" Winston's sold out! I didn't think it was ever going to.. I meant to get him at some point, and kept forgetting to...

As always, the black man is an afterthought.

:argh:

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
Scuttlebutt is they're planning on producing a four pack sometime in the distant future, a thought I am holding on to with as much optimism as I can muster :smith:

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

3 posted:

Scuttlebutt is they're planning on producing a four pack sometime in the distant future, a thought I am holding on to with as much optimism as I can muster :smith:

According to some Matty poster the line is doing well and we should be seeing a 2nd 3rd and 4th year of figures.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Rage posted:

According to some Matty poster the line is doing well and we should be seeing a 2nd 3rd and 4th year of figures.

I talked to a MC guy at C2E2. He says they really regret not pushing the new MOTU line into mass market sooner. The MC stuff is selling way beyond what they ever expected.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Rhyno posted:

I talked to a MC guy at C2E2. He says they really regret not pushing the new MOTU line into mass market sooner. The MC stuff is selling way beyond what they ever expected.

poo poo sells out immediately. And it looks like Peter is about to be the first figure since Egon to sell out in a couple days, hes moved to Almost Gone status. Maybe this'll be good for future GB figures.

edit: And Peter is sold out. Almost wish I'd bought 2 now.

Corn Glizzy fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Apr 22, 2010

Ogmios
Dec 2, 2004

Angry pumpkin, Japanese demon, dragon of avarice...
Woo hoo, my Negative Man has shipped from Amazon, only paid 14.99, no tax, no shipping! Can't wait for the rest of these!

EDIT: If anyone needs Wave 12 DCUC, most are in stock on Amazon.com, $14.99 and eligible for free shipping:

Mary Batson:

http://www.amazon.com/Universe-Classic-Mary-Batson-Figure/dp/B002PAH9HK/ref=pd_bxgy_t_text_b

Desaad:

http://www.amazon.com/DC-Universe-Classic-Desaad-Figure/dp/B002PAFUF8/ref=pd_sim_t_2

Copperhead:

http://www.amazon.com/DC-Universe-Classic-Copperhead-Figure/dp/B002UHJT3U/ref=pd_bxgy_t_text_b

The Spectre:

http://www.amazon.com/DC-Universe-Classic-Spectre-Figure/dp/B002PAJ5OK/ref=pd_sim_t_5

Iron:

http://www.amazon.com/DC-Universe-Classic-Spectre-Figure/dp/B002PAJ5OK/ref=pd_sim_t_5

Eclipso:

http://www.amazon.com/DC-Universe-Classic-Eclipso-Figure/dp/B002PANANC/ref=pd_sim_t_2

Doctor Midnite is more expensive for some reason:

http://www.amazon.com/Universe-Classic-Dr-Mid-Nite-Figure/dp/B002PAJ4UU/ref=pd_sim_t_1

Ogmios fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Apr 24, 2010

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Question for those of you who collect and open 6" figures: where do you store them when not displaying them?

I recently moved and need to find something better than cardboard boxes in which to keep my Marvel Legends and DC Classics, but I'm concerned about them fermenting if I get plastic bins and they wind up in them for a long time.

Does anybody have any other suggestions?

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

Sanschel posted:

Question for those of you who collect and open 6" figures: where do you store them when not displaying them?

I recently moved and need to find something better than cardboard boxes in which to keep my Marvel Legends and DC Classics, but I'm concerned about them fermenting if I get plastic bins and they wind up in them for a long time.

Does anybody have any other suggestions?

I have had rubber maid containers full of six inch figures in a basement for years, and they tend to stay in good shape. You do have to be careful how you place them though. I've had some casualties, but they all tend to be Toybiz figures from the mid nineties.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Anybody have any luck tracking down the Wal-Mart exclusive 6" Iron Man and War Machine yet? They're just starting to his stores now and I've had no luck, but if somebody's been able to find them, I'll gladly take a set!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

They should be coming soon to your stores as my WM up here in Winnipeg got em and we're lucky to get poo poo like this. I like WM better due to the matte look but IM is great too. These are pretty loving good for 6" figures sold by a Wal-Mart tho. They were only like, 12.50 CDN each and id easily pay about 30 if I saw em listed for that price.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.
I got hasty with DCUC Wave 10, and I went to Ebay. It wound up in the Walmart walking distance from my house less than a month after I got my Joker.

I'll wait for the Iron Man toys because it's going to be cheaper, and unlike DCUC it's tied directly to a huge movie coming out. It's just bad business not to stock them.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
Here is my barely relevant story about the Iron Man 2 toys that might only apply to my store but could possibly reflect others as well.

If you Walmarts are like the one I work at they might have the toys in a box in the back but they can't put them out because A) they are missing signage or a shipper or maybe just got like a box of six and don't feel like figuring out where they go, B) no one who works in management or probably even the toy department gives a poo poo about trying to put something out if they have to figure something out on their own. Putting out toy displays is tedious and none of the poo poo ever sells even under the best of conditions.

Does this mean you should go hassle people to "go check in the back?" No! If any nerd asked me to go look in the back for a toy I would want to punch them right in their dumb face and then go sit in the back for five minutes before coming out and telling you I couldn't find them. Fortunately, the Hasbro reps are apparently out in force and it's their job to be annoying and unpleasant until we drag our poo poo out of the back. Ours was at our store just a few days ago and apparently we haven't gotten our stuff yet. We just had some boxes of of fantastic four DVDs that were supposed to go on a hot spot that doesn't exist because we haven't had a remodel yet.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Louisgod posted:

Anybody have any luck tracking down the Wal-Mart exclusive 6" Iron Man and War Machine yet? They're just starting to his stores now and I've had no luck, but if somebody's been able to find them, I'll gladly take a set!
Haven't seen them at all at my local Wal-Marts in Phoenix, AZ. :sigh:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

FYI I found the figures near the bike racks, where my WM usually peddles old rear end toys.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

Here is my barely relevant story about the Iron Man 2 toys that might only apply to my store but could possibly reflect others as well.

If you Walmarts are like the one I work at they might have the toys in a box in the back but they can't put them out because A) they are missing signage or a shipper or maybe just got like a box of six and don't feel like figuring out where they go, B) no one who works in management or probably even the toy department gives a poo poo about trying to put something out if they have to figure something out on their own. Putting out toy displays is tedious and none of the poo poo ever sells even under the best of conditions.

Does this mean you should go hassle people to "go check in the back?" No! If any nerd asked me to go look in the back for a toy I would want to punch them right in their dumb face and then go sit in the back for five minutes before coming out and telling you I couldn't find them. Fortunately, the Hasbro reps are apparently out in force and it's their job to be annoying and unpleasant until we drag our poo poo out of the back. Ours was at our store just a few days ago and apparently we haven't gotten our stuff yet. We just had some boxes of of fantastic four DVDs that were supposed to go on a hot spot that doesn't exist because we haven't had a remodel yet.

I work at a Borders right now, and we've definitely gotten plenty of that "please stock these items on a non-existent display" crap.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
A while ago there was a poll to decide what Marvel toys would come out next and one of those toys was a Multiple Man figure. He didn't win, but it was implied all the figures that lost out would eventually be released anyway. Is there a release date?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Vintersorg posted:

FYI I found the figures near the bike racks, where my WM usually peddles old rear end toys.
My Wal-Mart actually has a few places they've got Iron Man stuff on display - they've got a small display with some toys near the kids clothing section, because they've got a bunch of Iron Man 2 shirts for sale. They've got an endcap near the regular action figure aisle, but all it has is the little 3-3/4" figures (mostly the vehicle packs and "deluxe armor" packs), and then the bulk of the stuff is in the action figure aisle.

I'll probably check again tomorrow - I'm really only interested in the War Machine figure, but I'd pick up the new Iron Man one if it looks cool in person. :shobon:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It's a bit shiny but overall worth owning.

EDIT:

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Apr 26, 2010

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Checked my Wal-Mart again and they have a shelf for them, with the tag of their price, but nothing on it. Its the only blank shelf on their end cap.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

Fortunately, the Hasbro reps are apparently out in force and it's their job to be annoying and unpleasant until we drag our poo poo out of the back.

Oh no! People making you do your jobs! That sucks.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Xenomrph posted:

My Wal-Mart actually has a few places they've got Iron Man stuff on display - they've got a small display with some toys near the kids clothing section, because they've got a bunch of Iron Man 2 shirts for sale.

This is where I found them today. There was a 4 sided cardboard display in the boy's clothing section. It was mostly filled with the masks and roleplaying stuff, but on the other side facing away from the aisle were 3 of each of the 6" figures. Absolutely nothing in the regular toy section.

I picked up War Machine since I don't have a 6" figure of him yet. Ironman is just a little too similar to the figure from a few years ago. Plus the all gold legs look kind of lovely to me. War Machine is pretty good, though. I love the hinged shoulder pads, so they don't go flying across the room where he lifts his arms above John Mccain levels.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you

The_Doctor posted:

Not my job, personally, since my Iron Man hot spot is a bunch of crappy DVDs. It is someone in toys' job though. I don't know who that person is because we haven't had a dedicated toys person in like four months. v:shobon:v

I appreciate your snide comment though.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

The_Doctor posted:

Any large retail store is usually divided into sections, and one section is sometimes under the care of a person or persons who don't do their job well. The last thing someone from another section wants is to do that lovely person's work in addition to their own for the same pay.

Everyone is supposed to be able to help a customer, but nobody wants to cover for someone who doesn't carry their own weight. I've worked jobs where people take their name tags off and hang out in the stock room, and I was always more than happy to drag them out to the sales floor and get them to help a customer.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

Not my job, personally, since my Iron Man hot spot is a bunch of crappy DVDs. It is someone in toys' job though.

Ah, ok, I misunderstood. Your possessive 'our' and 'us' made me think you were on the Toy team. My bad.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Evil-Lyn joins the skeleton crew ...

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Fish Of Doom posted:

This is where I found them today. There was a 4 sided cardboard display in the boy's clothing section. It was mostly filled with the masks and roleplaying stuff, but on the other side facing away from the aisle were 3 of each of the 6" figures. Absolutely nothing in the regular toy section.
Well god damnit. I was at Wal-Mart today and that was the one place I didn't check. I'll check tomorrow after work I suppose. :doh:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Satsuki posted:

Evil-Lyn joins the skeleton crew ...

I love how Mer-man has a total "Hi Mom!" pose in that picture.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
Watch out for paint slop on the Iron Man 6" figures, apparently Hasbro QC is in full effect here. I got the last two in my Wal-Mart and I got pretty lucky, except for the paint on Tony's helmet being slightly offset to the left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Scoured two Wal-Marts today for the Iron Man 6" figures, absolutely nothing. Not even a space for them, or pegs, or price tags, anything.

Phoenix has been a goddamn wasteland for a lot of new stuff lately. We get the DCUC figures, like, several weeks after everyone else does, and despite reports that the new Star Wars comic packs are out at Target and the last Star Wars Legacy Series figures are out now, I've checked multiple Targets, Wal-Marts, and TRUs and come up totally dry.

I did cave and get one of the 3.75" Iron Man 2 figures, though. I got the Hypervelocity armor one - I like the subdued colors and the angular design compared the "regular" movie armors. Apparently it's based on some movie concept art, too. :haw:

Click here for the full 480x640 image.