Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

ibroxmassive posted:

Wasn't Liverpool, was Havant & Waterlooville in the infamous 'haha Liverpool were trailing twice game'

That's it, at least it did happen :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wildlele
Jun 19, 2004

Battmann
Just got my first triads order. Are the names/numbers supposed to be ironed on? The three lions and Umbro are stitched on the front, but the rest seem to feel cheap. I got the shorts too and they are 100% polyester? Feel free to weigh in. I might get my next jersey without name/number

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Shirt looks genuine, you can see the vent-holes at the back in the kite shape, check under the arms for 3 more each side.

Numbers look good, not to sure if they're genuine, they'd only be iron ons if you got them from JJB/Sportshop here anyway.

wildlele
Jun 19, 2004

Battmann

ibroxmassive posted:

Shirt looks genuine, you can see the vent-holes at the back in the kite shape, check under the arms for 3 more each side.

Numbers look good, not to sure if they're genuine, they'd only be iron ons if you got them from JJB/Sportshop here anyway.

Thanks, its got the holes on the arm as well. I was just surprised the names were ironed on but I appreciate the quick reply!

CAMiasm
Oct 5, 2006

Go MC Saints!
anyone know what carrier soccertriads ships with? i got a tracking number, but i don't know which carrier it's for. ups, fedex, and dhl don't recognize it :(

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

CAMiasm posted:

anyone know what carrier soccertriads ships with? i got a tracking number, but i don't know which carrier it's for. ups, fedex, and dhl don't recognize it :(

not sure man. i know if you log into your accounton soccertriads you can see if it's been dispatched and stuff but I cant remember anything about tracking numbers or that.

Sad Billionaire
Mar 31, 2009

What a twist
Fan of Britches

c0ldfuse posted:

NSC Minnesota Stars

<<<< AWAY HOME >>>>>

There is a movement to name the mascot as Nessy (Loch Ness monster) as NSC is when pronounced quickly, Nessy, and our Schwans logo looks a bit like it.

Hoping the side draw lines look good in person, its always tough to tell from photos.

whoa wait what the hell happened to the Thunder?

oldman
Dec 15, 2003
grumpy

CAMiasm posted:

I got mine through the USPS, I didn't get a tracking number though.

CAMiasm
Oct 5, 2006

Go MC Saints!

oldman posted:

I got mine through the USPS, I didn't get a tracking number though.

yeah, i emailed the guy to get the tracking number. mine is also through usps. it was shipped 5 days ago, but it's still in hong kong :(

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Schwarbage posted:

Dissolved, if I'm remembering correctly. NSC Minnesota replaced them, practically, for this season.

and IIRC the "same sponsor = one changes" rule is only for European play and, maybe specifically, Champions League games. And the two instances I can remember off the top are Madrid - Milan (Bwin) and Arsenal - SV Hamburg (Fly Emirates).

Twoiism
Sep 10, 2008

Ever present.

CAMiasm posted:

yeah, i emailed the guy to get the tracking number. mine is also through usps. it was shipped 5 days ago, but it's still in hong kong :(

European airspace hasn't been that..acessable recently.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
volcano katrina strikes again

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

wildlele posted:

Just got my first triads order. Are the names/numbers supposed to be ironed on? The three lions and Umbro are stitched on the front, but the rest seem to feel cheap. I got the shorts too and they are 100% polyester? Feel free to weigh in. I might get my next jersey without name/number

Genuine or not, that looks awful.

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party

w00bi
Dec 11, 2004

1) If that's really it, goddamn that badge looks awful.
2) I really hope there's some green/gold third kit.

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

Seems strange that the home and away kits would have a different collar.

w00bi
Dec 11, 2004

Is that a normal part of Nike kits? Chelsea has different collars, for example.

Kulex
Apr 4, 2007

A shpectre is haunting Europe - the shpectre of Shlavoj Zizek... and so on and so on.
That second shirt looks more like a training top.

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!
They got rid of the ugly cheron, it's already an improvement.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Don't United usually keep their kits for two years?

w00bi
Dec 11, 2004

Fag Boy Jim posted:

This year's kits were for one year.

Liverpool's new one is 2 years.
Chelsea's new one is 1 year.

Kwagga
Jun 11, 2002

I am small
that away has to be fake (or a training top as mentioned)

Couch
May 16, 2004

COME ON TOT!

Fag Boy Jim posted:

Has this ever actually been the case?

I'm pretty sure we change kits every season.

w00bi
Dec 11, 2004

Couch posted:

Has this ever actually been the case?

Yes.

Going to pimp this website again.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Manchester_United/Manchester_United.htm

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

w00bi posted:

Is that a normal part of Nike kits? Chelsea has different collars, for example.

This would be the Chelsea who don't use Nike right?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Looks like you've got the new design Celtic home, which is due, and Villa, which is due as well with them

Lot of effort to go to to fake a kit picture

c0ldfuse
Jun 18, 2004

The pursuit of excellence.

Schwarbage posted:

As stated above some weird financial stuff which no-one really knows anything about, but it came down to players, coaches, and shoe-sponsers (amongst others) reportedly not getting paid.

The National Sports Center somehow got it together and deserves huge praise for keeping soccer alive in Minnesota.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

ibroxmassive posted:

Looks like you've got the new design Celtic home, which is due, and Villa, which is due as well with them

Lot of effort to go to to fake a kit picture

the second one still looks more like a training shirt than a kit to me, I'd be very surprised if Nike came up with something that ostentatious for a United away kit.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Fag Boy Jim posted:

the second one still looks more like a training shirt than a kit to me, I'd be very surprised if Nike came up with something that ostentatious for a United away kit.

More ostentatious than the chevron?

I'm trying to figure out what the red kit at the back could be now

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

ibroxmassive posted:

The chevron had historical precedent from the 20s, although the kit was white with a red chevron.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

ibroxmassive posted:

in the first picture it sort of looks like it could have white sleeves...

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn
It looks like it's the wrong shade of red but could be the camera.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

wicka posted:

in the first picture it sort of looks like it could have white sleeves...

I think that's the wall..although having the Man U designs leak but not being arsed to do the Arsenal one would be hilarious

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

United's shirt, Villa's shirt, Arsenal's shirt. Guesstimating.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Shrapnac posted:

United's shirt, Villa's shirt, Arsenal's shirt. Guesstimating.

there's a celtic shirt in there too

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

wicka posted:

there's a celtic shirt in there too

Well yeah, but it's on a different rack and fairly obvious what it is.

foundationofnuness
Jul 11, 2007
internetz make me moist
This apparently confirms that both of those are real.

Click here for the full 599x699 image.

I am trying to like the away kit but I can't bring myself to do it, it looks like a Bolton kit. Having said that, this year's kits did grow on me, eventually. :confused:

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn
no posting in this topic until the arsenal kit is leaked please

i'm jealous

e -

i feel i should point out i'm not jealous of the kits, they're loving horrible

luvd_ fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Apr 26, 2010

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

I like them but I liked this year's kit and apparently have much lower expections regarding the attire of my favourite team than most in this forum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

foundationofnuness
Jul 11, 2007
internetz make me moist
I do like the home one a lot, actually. It's been a while since I've loved a home kit the second I saw it. I just think the away looks unfinished, or something.