Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Acolyte
May 21, 2007
It's the blue and red on the sleeves which make it look very unfinished; they should've made it all white. I love the home kit, it looks clean and simple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

w00bi
Dec 11, 2004

Dudley posted:

This would be the Chelsea who don't use Nike right?

Right hence the implication that Adidas doesn't do this so I'm asking if Nike does.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

foundationofnuness posted:

This apparently confirms that both of those are real.

Click here for the full 599x699 image.

I am trying to like the away kit but I can't bring myself to do it, it looks like a Bolton kit. Having said that, this year's kits did grow on me, eventually. :confused:

The sleeves on the away are ridiculous. It looks like a shirt from the early 90s. Aside from garish designs like these sleeves a lot of other teams are doing patterned fabric so it looks like all the trends from the 90s are coming back. Here's hoping arsenal bring back the tank tread/bruised banana look for their away shirts.

GutBomb fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Apr 26, 2010

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

The Acolyte posted:

It's the blue and red on the sleeves which make it look very unfinished; they should've made it all white. I love the home kit, it looks clean and simple.

They look really bland for the international marketing juggernaut that goes by the name of Manchester United F.C.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I actually really like the home but the away/third is absolutely awful.

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party

Shrapnac posted:

I actually really like the home but the away/third is absolutely awful.
Me too.

Cjones
Jul 4, 2008

Democracia Socrates, MD
Is this old?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Cjones posted:

Is this old?

Yes. Although there's nothing official on that yet.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
It's said every time but jesus christ the US needs a new badge

look like loving Bournemouth

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
What do you mean, everyone knows our flag has blue stripes and red stars

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn

ibroxmassive posted:

It's said every time but jesus christ the US needs a new badge

look like loving Bournemouth

Some people actually like it :gonk:

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Shrapnac posted:

I'm pretty sure the local soccer shop in Acton, MA has it on a window display and they don't sell fake stuff. I'll drive by there tonight and snap a picture. I may be remembering wrong and they just had the away, but I don't think so.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

luvd posted:

Some people actually like it :gonk:

I know man, I really don't understand how. It's loving horrid.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

wicka posted:

I know man, I really don't understand how. It's loving horrid.

US Soccer is probably preoccupied with trying to get the second-division level leagues to play nice at the moment.

fake edit: also horrid--our money. check out these sweet fantasy designs some student made

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Mandalay posted:

US Soccer is probably preoccupied with trying to get the second-division level leagues to play nice at the moment.

fake edit: also horrid--our money. check out these sweet fantasy designs some student made

those are poo poo, there's nothing wrong with our money

Benadryl Brownie
Aug 18, 2005

Haway les gars

Mandalay posted:

sorta hosed up the backs when he put washington on the $5 and Abe on the $10.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Benadryl Brownie posted:

haha I didn't even look at the backs, putting the bill of rights on them is hilarious just for when people read the third amendment and think "what the gently caress?"

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

wicka posted:

those are poo poo, there's nothing wrong with our money

yeah there's nothing wrong with blind or partially sighted people not being able to tell different denominations apart easily

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Tsaedje posted:

yeah there's nothing wrong with blind or partially sighted people not being able to tell different denominations apart easily

maybe they could use loving debit cards

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

Benadryl Brownie posted:

$1 coins, believe it

Outrespective
Oct 9, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I also think the Man Utd Home looks fine, then again anything is an upgrade on their kit from this season.

Wanna see the new Villa kit, someone make it happen.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
Like the United home one, the third will grow on me I am sure.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Shrapnac posted:

Still crossing my fingers that the silver stripe will somehow turn red.

Umbriago
Aug 27, 2004

I like the proposed home kit and I like this last season's home kit too. Not the proposed away kit though.

tongster
Jan 18, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
NZ world cup kit (keepers kit in blue):

simple look to lose 5-0 in :smith:

but amazing it's even happening at all :unsmith:

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,
Like the NZ kits. Nike's shirts look best when they keep poo poo simple.

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn
Brazil Third shirt.

Looks so good. Think I'll buy one of those.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

luvd posted:

Brazil Third shirt.

love it

Couch
May 16, 2004

COME ON TOT!
It's just a NZ away kit with a Brazil logo on it.

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn

Couch posted:

It's just a NZ away kit with a Brazil logo on it.

yeah, you're right what was i thinking

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Black kits own. Seems a little plain at first, but if there's one thing that makes a good kit, it's simplicity. Good job, Nike.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

luvd posted:

Brazil Third shirt.

noice

also they need to hurry up and announce the arsenal kits already

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
I'm hoping the total lack of any mock ups of a new City kit means we're sticking with the current set for another year

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

GutBomb posted:

I'm pretty sure the local soccer shop in Acton, MA has it on a window display and they don't sell fake stuff. I'll drive by there tonight and snap a picture. I may be remembering wrong and they just had the away, but I don't think so.

Here's the picture I promised.

Click here for the full 600x800 image.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
http://www.carlsberggroup.com/media/News/Pages/PR05_28042010.aspx

quote:

On May 2, 2010, for the first time ever, Liverpool FC will play in specially designed shirts with the Carlsberg logo written in Chinese. Leveraging the 18-year collaboration between Liverpool FC and Carlsberg, it will be a perfect opportunity for city of Liverpool to mark the match on that day for the World Expo 2010 which is hosting at its twin city – Shanghai.

Danish brewer Carlsberg, being one of the partners of the Danish Pavilion at the World Expo, are going to deliver this one-off historic “Chinese logo” campaign for all Chinese football fans.

Carlsberg Group Sponsorship Director Keld Strudahl said, “We’re delighted to have been able to bring about this momentous occasion. We believe it’s a nice little gesture to our friends and fans of Liverpool in China where we know Liverpool FC devoted huge support in working things out and we also worked hard with all parties to mark this special occasion for the World Expo.”

IMPORTANT FACTS

Liverpool’s clash with Chelsea will be pivotal in determining the destination of the Premier League title. The game is expected to attract over 750m viewers around the world.

Chinese messages will be displayed during the match on the LED perimeter advertising hoardings around the pitch. The messages will read (Carlsberg is partner of Danish Pavilion in World Expo – Carlsberg & Liverpool Cheer for World Expo)

The Chinese Carlsberg logo will be only the fifth logo ever printed on a Liverpool shirt. Liverpool’s first sponsor was Hitachi, followed by Crown Paints, Candy and then Carlsberg in 1992.

In the Carlsberg Lounge at Anfield, a Chinese competition winner will present a trophy to the “Man of the Match” after the final whistle. Quotes from both player and competition winner will be available in a future press release.

I wonder what they'll look like. I'll probably want one and won't be able to buy it.

Russ
Dec 17, 2005

Chimping around, kick my brains round the floor
These are the days - it never rains but it pours
Slippery slope 39th game gently caress all foreign fans vote nick griffin

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Soccer Triads is now carrying the USA away shirt, if you happen to be a Medium or X-Large. Given that the Large Arsenal away I ordered from them turned out to be hilariously small, the XL is probably more like a L to us chubby westerners.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Nothus posted:

Soccer Triads is now carrying the USA away shirt, if you happen to be a Medium or X-Large. Given that the Large Arsenal away I ordered from them turned out to be hilariously small, the XL is probably more like a L to us chubby westerners.

Triads' XL is pretty standard, at least the two that I have. I'm 6'3" 210 and they're a little baggy on me.

Sad Billionaire
Mar 31, 2009

What a twist
Fan of Britches

No actual photos yet but this does fit the descriptions of what the kits look like. The home has wider stripes than the current one and red shorts that will probably look awful. Kinda like the blue and grey away, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tongster
Jan 18, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Aussie kit: