Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

That's one happy fucking egg!

Sheep-Goats posted:

No, that's not it. The monster was bipedal and liked to slowly lurk around with outstretched fingers casting long shadows on interior walls a la Dracula.

There are a lot of horror movies about severed hands but I can't find the right one! The part I most clearly remember is the monster's dessicated hand getting rained on and it getting fleshy and veiny and throbbing and then starting to plump up and grow -- and later the stalking scene inside the mansion. The other memory, which may or may not be a separate movie, was of miners deep down in a cave finding a hand and some professorial guy taking it up to the surface and I'm pretty sure in this latter memory it was the devil's hand, but this latter memory may be a separate movie from the first one as my memories of the mine are in 1970s technicolor and the memories of the lurking and pulsating hand are yellow tinted monochrome...

That could possibly be The Creeping Flesh:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068424/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

What happens in 3rd Street stays in 3rd Street.

I was wondering if someone could help me here - It's a martial arts film set in ancient China at some point, and I thought it starred Jet Li but I couldn't find it on IMDB. Basically there are two best friends or possibly brothers who move to a city and try and live there, but one becomes a soldier in the army and the other becomes a rebel. I think they both fall in love with the same girl too possibly but maybe not. The film ends with a fight between the main character (The rebel guy) and his friend in the middle of an army camp if I remember right. Also, all the army guys were wearing red and gold, and there was a loving million thousand of them watching the fight.

Any help would be appreciated.

DiscoJ
Jun 23, 2003

Sounds a lot like Tai Chi Master aka Twin Warriors and it did star Jet Li.

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

What happens in 3rd Street stays in 3rd Street.

DiscoJ posted:

Sounds a lot like Tai Chi Master aka Twin Warriors and it did star Jet Li.

That's it, thanks so much :)

Lizard Giblets
Apr 26, 2010
This has been bugging me for years. I can only recall one scene from the movie (and I'm about 90% certain that it was in fact a movie and not a TV show). The scene took place in a bedroom, and some sort of rocket slowly erupts through the floor of the bedroom, as though it was taking off. I'm not even sure of the tone in this scene; it could have been a light-hearted children's adventure type deal, or it could have been a scene from a cheesy B horror movie.

Pretty vague, I know. Some context: I saw this as a child, so it was around the late 80's, early 90's. I have a strong feeling that the movie wasn't well known (as evinced by my lack of success with google), but it could be a scene from a popular movie that I just haven't seen in years. In which case, I'm an idiot.

Either way, it would make me all kinds of happy if this rings a bell to anyone else.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Lizard Giblets posted:

This has been bugging me for years. I can only recall one scene from the movie (and I'm about 90% certain that it was in fact a movie and not a TV show). The scene took place in a bedroom, and some sort of rocket slowly erupts through the floor of the bedroom, as though it was taking off. I'm not even sure of the tone in this scene; it could have been a light-hearted children's adventure type deal, or it could have been a scene from a cheesy B horror movie.

Pretty vague, I know. Some context: I saw this as a child, so it was around the late 80's, early 90's. I have a strong feeling that the movie wasn't well known (as evinced by my lack of success with google), but it could be a scene from a popular movie that I just haven't seen in years. In which case, I'm an idiot.

Either way, it would make me all kinds of happy if this rings a bell to anyone else.

Weird Science?

Lizard Giblets
Apr 26, 2010

FitFortDanga posted:

Weird Science?

I am indeed an idiot. I've never seen it all the way through, but some quick searching confirms it. Thank you so much!

e: Just watched the scene, and it's funny how poorly my visual memory matched with the actual movie. I'm still happy though.

Lizard Giblets fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Apr 26, 2010

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

I've got three descriptions, so hopefully at least one or all can get answered. I'd really appreciate it since these strange movie memories have haunted me for two decades.

1.) This one is something I watched late night on HBO when I was about eight, so this is at least from 1988 or before. The scene I watched goes something like this: an entire family is in a typical 1970s station wagon with wood paneling (like a green or mustard yellow Vista Cruiser or Country Squire). They somehow come to a stop on some railroad tracks when the car stalls. Cue a train horn off in the distance, and the dad frantically trying to start the car. What follows is a dramatic back and forth between the car and the screaming family until eventually, the train plows right into the 1970s land yacht. I remember this scene being incredibly gory with blood, body parts, and brain matter strewn about (although it all could have just been blood). I also want to say I remember the family was locked in the car by some means and couldn't escape because I seem to remember them banging on the windows with their fists while screaming. That's when I turned it off and went back to bed since that scene scared me back to sleep. I know for a fact I'm not mixing two movies together such as Eraser and Stand By Me because I remember it all too well. Hell, I remember I was even eating Cocoa Puffs, so I can remember that (!) but not the movie.

2.) This one is an animated short I remember seeing on Bravo Channel circa 1993 when Bravo showed shorts and mini-movies in between full movies and specials (god, remember when Bravo was awesome like this?). It involved a man having recurring nightmares. There were quite a few, each one ending with him waking up screaming, only to realize it was just a nightmare, and eventually going back to sleep to start the cycle again. One nightmare involved the ceiling dripping blood, eventually ripping open and filling the room with entrails. Another nightmare involved a knock at the door which turns out to be a pregnant girl and a cop, who busts out his handcuffs while the girl throws the man a poo poo-eating grin. Yet another nightmare was the man sucking on a giant breast which turns into a rat that hisses and tries to bite him. When he finally wakes up, he gets ready for work and proceeds to step outside. Outside, every sign of life is gone, and thinking he's in another nightmare, screams again. At this point, the camera pulls out to show that everybody and everything is stacked up behind a skyscraper Tetris-style, and I believe that was the end. There were quite a few more nightmares the dude had, but these I remember for some reason. Sweet Jebus, this sounds like a hallucination, but I know it's real. Some things of note: I want to place this as being made in the late 70s or very early 80s because there was a disco track playing throughout. I'm also sure this was Italian in origin because I think the credits were a bunch of Italian surnames. I'd love to see this one again, please.

3.) This is an incredibly vague description because this is reaching far back into my four year old memory. I was four in 1984, so this movie is from that year or before. The scene goes like this: a chimney sweep-looking man is on a carnival barker stage singing and dancing, and occasionally, a third leg would join his other two. I think he was wearing a long trench coat to hide said third leg, so it could have just been a trick of the eye. If it helps, I'm also sure this movie was both live action and animated, and this dancing man was the narrator. Help a brotha out, please.

LaptopGun
Sep 2, 2006

All I'm going to get out of him is a snappy one-liner and, if I'm real lucky, a brand new nickname.
Never seen The Creeping Flesh, but good luck!

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Does anyone remember a movie from the '80s or '90s that seemed like a Cujo ripoff. It was a woman who owned a dog (possibly a saint bernard) and it was killing people I think? The only scene I remember is her boyfriend putting poison in the food for the dog... the dog notices and starts growling then kills him I think. Any help?

Topper Harley
Jul 6, 2005
You have the whitest white part of the eyes I've ever seen. Do you floss?

LesterGroans posted:

Does anyone remember a movie from the '80s or '90s that seemed like a Cujo ripoff. It was a woman who owned a dog (possibly a saint bernard) and it was killing people I think? The only scene I remember is her boyfriend putting poison in the food for the dog... the dog notices and starts growling then kills him I think. Any help?

I think I remember this too. Could it be "Man's Best Friend"?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107504/

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused
Decided to try again on the ones from earlier in the thread

quote:

It was a collection of shorts about sex.
The shorts I remember were one in which two miniature claymation critters film a couple having sex, one in which these little animated guys are watching a stripper and they keep dying, and the last one is basically an encyclopedia of terms for and about the penis as cartoons.

I talked to my sister and in the first short it is a claymation, satyr and nymph videotaping a couple having sex, and at one point the satyr blows up a condom and uses it as a balloon to float to a different area of the bedroom.

quote:

I cannot remember when, where, or why I saw this movie, but the premise was two kids younger brother older sister, are kinda troublemakers and move from school to school, possibly with single mother or just a distant dad. They end up living with a relative for some reason and learn to be better people. The only specific things i can remember are, one of them pretending to cut off there own finger at school and scaring their class mates, and at one point deciding to scare the curmudgeonly neighbor guy by having the girl hide in his tree dressed as a ghost, but it went wrong and he ends up thinking she was an angel and the branches got bent in such a way that their shadows looked like Jesus.
Thanks in advance.

quote:

Genre: Romantic, possible comedy
Year: Early to mid 90s
Summary: Boy and Girl meet, fall in love, etc. Boy dies, possibly untimely, girl dies. Boy meets girl in Heaven. Girl gets reincarnated, boy gets reincarnated with a chance to win girl again. Twist, they don't remember each other and only have a certain amount of time to meet again. Possible musical importance, either a song or an instrument.
I think the instrument was either a sax or trumpet.

quote:

This was a preview on a movie we watched a lot when I was younger.
I think 80's loser gets a second chance movie. I can remember two specific lines used in the trailer, one was "You dropped the ball" and the other was "Are you horny to win" and took place at some sort of exercise where I seem to remember a bunch of middle aged men are humping the air until one falls over and then they all ended up on their backs withe their legs waving in the air. Might've had Jeff Goldblum but nothing on IMDb rings a bell.

After remembering it was Robin Williams, I found it, The Best of Times

quote:

First one I think was a made for TV movie about a school reunion. I saw it mid to late '90s and all I can really remember is there is some plot device about the 'nerd' trying to flush a urinal with his foot and stepping in the urinal and then later successfully doing it. There may have been a sub-plot about a woman convincing this guy he got her pregnant and gets him to kidnap someone else's baby. Don't think it was very good but I kinda want to know what happened.

If I remember right, at the end the nerdy guy successfully flushes the urinal with his foot, and the second guy is shown driving down the road, possibly crying, while looking at the baby he just kidnapped because he thinks it's his.

quote:

This is gonna sound odd, but when I was about 4 or 5, my parents rented a lot of documentaries from the local library. There was a lot of Nova films about brains, giving birth, etc. Anyway, one of the ones that was rented multiple times was one about how toilets are made and work. Only real specific parts I can remember are one scene where the have a cross section of a toilet and it shows red water in the bowl and blue water in the tank, and at the beginning you hear someone singing, "We're making a movie Charlie, you wanna be a star." If someone can find it so I can have a nice nostalgia trip, that would be awesome.

Thanks for the ones y'all have found so far.

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

You Are A Elf posted:

I've got three descriptions, so hopefully at least one or all can get answered. I'd really appreciate it since these strange movie memories have haunted me for two decades.

1.) This one is something I watched late night on HBO when I was about eight, so this is at least from 1988 or before. The scene I watched goes something like this: an entire family is in a typical 1970s station wagon with wood paneling (like a green or mustard yellow Vista Cruiser or Country Squire). They somehow come to a stop on some railroad tracks when the car stalls. Cue a train horn off in the distance, and the dad frantically trying to start the car. What follows is a dramatic back and forth between the car and the screaming family until eventually, the train plows right into the 1970s land yacht. I remember this scene being incredibly gory with blood, body parts, and brain matter strewn about (although it all could have just been blood). I also want to say I remember the family was locked in the car by some means and couldn't escape because I seem to remember them banging on the windows with their fists while screaming. That's when I turned it off and went back to bed since that scene scared me back to sleep. I know for a fact I'm not mixing two movies together such as Eraser and Stand By Me because I remember it all too well. Hell, I remember I was even eating Cocoa Puffs, so I can remember that (!) but not the movie.

2.) This one is an animated short I remember seeing on Bravo Channel circa 1993 when Bravo showed shorts and mini-movies in between full movies and specials (god, remember when Bravo was awesome like this?). It involved a man having recurring nightmares. There were quite a few, each one ending with him waking up screaming, only to realize it was just a nightmare, and eventually going back to sleep to start the cycle again. One nightmare involved the ceiling dripping blood, eventually ripping open and filling the room with entrails. Another nightmare involved a knock at the door which turns out to be a pregnant girl and a cop, who busts out his handcuffs while the girl throws the man a poo poo-eating grin. Yet another nightmare was the man sucking on a giant breast which turns into a rat that hisses and tries to bite him. When he finally wakes up, he gets ready for work and proceeds to step outside. Outside, every sign of life is gone, and thinking he's in another nightmare, screams again. At this point, the camera pulls out to show that everybody and everything is stacked up behind a skyscraper Tetris-style, and I believe that was the end. There were quite a few more nightmares the dude had, but these I remember for some reason. Sweet Jebus, this sounds like a hallucination, but I know it's real. Some things of note: I want to place this as being made in the late 70s or very early 80s because there was a disco track playing throughout. I'm also sure this was Italian in origin because I think the credits were a bunch of Italian surnames. I'd love to see this one again, please.

3.) This is an incredibly vague description because this is reaching far back into my four year old memory. I was four in 1984, so this movie is from that year or before. The scene goes like this: a chimney sweep-looking man is on a carnival barker stage singing and dancing, and occasionally, a third leg would join his other two. I think he was wearing a long trench coat to hide said third leg, so it could have just been a trick of the eye. If it helps, I'm also sure this movie was both live action and animated, and this dancing man was the narrator. Help a brotha out, please.

#2 is Incubus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViCyI6dGYKk

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

You Are A Elf posted:

Sounds like Mary Poppins but I don't remember a 3-leg bit.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Arturo Ui posted:

#2 is Incubus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViCyI6dGYKk
Haha, wow, this animated short is still trippy and awesome over 15 years since I last saw it. You are a gentleman and a scholar, Arturo. Thanks!

fenix, I'm sorry, man, but it's not Mary Poppins. I saw that movie quite a few times in my youth and don't remember 3-legged bits in it, either. I guess "chimney sweep" is the wrong way to describe the dancing man, so instead I'll say he looked haggard from what I can remember: that is a dusty and worn top hat of some sort, the long (turn of the century-looking) trench coat to hide his third leg, and I think he had a scraggly beard. Thanks anyway, fenix.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Topper Harley posted:

I think I remember this too. Could it be "Man's Best Friend"?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107504/

Yup! Seeing Lance Henriksen instantly reminde me that he was in it. Thanks a lot!

Action Andy
Feb 5, 2007

Out From Animals

You Are A Elf posted:

number three sounds like Rolf Harris doing Jake The Peg:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GS-itkO9ia8

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.
Is it possible you're thinking of some Monty Python skits? I'm pretty sure they did a three-legged bit at some point. That could also account for the live action/animated mixed memories.

Skeevy Mcgee
Feb 17, 2007

I've got one from the 80's or maybe the early 90's. I can't remember the plot at all, except that it was either a horror movie or maybe a slasher/stalker film. It was definitely about a family in some type of peril. It was a mother and father, a teenage son, and possibly a teenage daughter as well. What I clearly remember is that the son's hobby was writing complaint letters to companies in order to recieve free poo poo, and early in the movie his parents tell him to stop doing it because it's dishonest. At the very end of the movie, the family is just emerging from their house after surviving a night of terror when a van pulls up and a huckster-type guy gets out and says he's a representitive of some company (I think they made soup or something) and he's there to offer them a lifetime supply of his product based one of the son's complaint letters. He also says something along the lines of "We're not sure how this happened. We checked everyone on the assembly line and they all still have all five fingers."

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?

Skeevy Mcgee posted:

I've got one from the 80's or maybe the early 90's. I can't remember the plot at all, except that it was either a horror movie or maybe a slasher/stalker film. It was definitely about a family in some type of peril. It was a mother and father, a teenage son, and possibly a teenage daughter as well. What I clearly remember is that the son's hobby was writing complaint letters to companies in order to recieve free poo poo, and early in the movie his parents tell him to stop doing it because it's dishonest. At the very end of the movie, the family is just emerging from their house after surviving a night of terror when a van pulls up and a huckster-type guy gets out and says he's a representitive of some company (I think they made soup or something) and he's there to offer them a lifetime supply of his product based one of the son's complaint letters. He also says something along the lines of "We're not sure how this happened. We checked everyone on the assembly line and they all still have all five fingers."

Doesn't sound like a slasher movie I ever saw. Sounds campy, more comedy then horror.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Action Andy posted:

number three sounds like Rolf Harris doing Jake The Peg:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GS-itkO9ia8
That is EXACTLY the dance I remember, so I did a little research on Harris and found out the movie is called The Little Convict, or Toby and the Little Koala in North America. At least I got the top hat and scraggly beard correct, which isn't bad for a distant memory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7euPLsj7SA&fmt=18

By the way, that performance of Jake the Peg is awesome. It takes a tremendous amount of agility to pull that off in a highly comedic sense. Now I just need memory number one answered and I can die happy. Thanks, Action Andy!

Topper Harley
Jul 6, 2005
This is for a commercial, not a movie. I'm looking for the one (maybe fake, maybe not) where some guy in an office starts taking a stand against something and for some reason one of his female co-workers starts yelling "BABIES!" and making a hilarious face. Someone on the forums has a screen shot of this as their avatar and for the life of me I cannot find it anywhere.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Topper Harley posted:

This is for a commercial, not a movie. I'm looking for the one (maybe fake, maybe not) where some guy in an office starts taking a stand against something and for some reason one of his female co-workers starts yelling "BABIES!" and making a hilarious face. Someone on the forums has a screen shot of this as their avatar and for the life of me I cannot find it anywhere.

Nutragrain, some awesome company did a commercial for them (as well as for a few other products), I don't think it aired.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6rE0EakhG8

edit: company name was Turnpike Films

double edit: Turnpike is now a post-prod company called Substation K

Abugadu fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Apr 28, 2010

Skeevy Mcgee
Feb 17, 2007

Slasherfan posted:

Doesn't sound like a slasher movie I ever saw. Sounds campy, more comedy then horror.

I think that's why that was the only part of the movie I remember, because it didn't fit with the rest of the movie. It was just this weird little character trait the kid had and it's eventual wacky payoff in an otherwise forgettable, by-the-numbers movie.

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

Abugadu posted:

Nutragrain, some awesome company did a commercial for them (as well as for a few other products), I don't think it aired.

It totally aired in Canada at least.

Topper Harley
Jul 6, 2005

Abugadu posted:

THANK YOU!

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Some kinda horror movie, where the bad guy was like a big brown slug kinda thing and he turned people into I dunno zombie things where they'd see in thermal vision and have a little worm poking out of their forehead and stuff. I also remember some kinda bat-wing monster part-way through the movie

I saw it when I was like 5 so it's probably a mid-80s movie

Fistrockbone
Nov 30, 2006

Sockser posted:

Some kinda horror movie, where the bad guy was like a big brown slug kinda thing and he turned people into I dunno zombie things where they'd see in thermal vision and have a little worm poking out of their forehead and stuff. I also remember some kinda bat-wing monster part-way through the movie

I saw it when I was like 5 so it's probably a mid-80s movie

This is H.P. Lovecraft's From Beyond

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

Skeevy Mcgee posted:

The Horror Show AKA House 3:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097527/

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?

zombieman posted:

The Horror Show AKA House 3:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097527/

That doesn't happen in house 3.

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

Slasherfan posted:

That doesn't happen in house 3.

House 3 is the non-US title of The Horror Show. The stuff Skeevy Mcgee asked about definitely takes place in that film.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Fistrockbone posted:

This is H.P. Lovecraft's From Beyond

Oh man that movie was just as bad as I'd hoped it would be :)

Thanks, brah

Skeevy Mcgee
Feb 17, 2007

zombieman posted:

House 3 is the non-US title of The Horror Show. The stuff Skeevy Mcgee asked about definitely takes place in that film.

Thanks! After some Googling, I'm inclined to believe that's the movie I'm thinking of. The year is right, the video cover was an ever present fixture at one my local video stores when I was a kid, and I had the vague impression the horror had something to do with electricity but didn't mention it because I thought I was mixing in parts of Pulse (1988). Unfortunately, Netflix doesn't seem to know it exists. :(

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

Skeevy Mcgee posted:

Thanks! After some Googling, I'm inclined to believe that's the movie I'm thinking of. The year is right, the video cover was an ever present fixture at one my local video stores when I was a kid, and I had the vague impression the horror had something to do with electricity but didn't mention it because I thought I was mixing in parts of Pulse (1988). Unfortunately, Netflix doesn't seem to know it exists. :(

I've done some googling, and it seems it's not available on DVD in the US. There's a UK region 2 PAL DVD available, and I'm sure it can be found on *cough* sites!

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003

zombieman posted:

I've done some googling, and it seems it's not available on DVD in the US. There's a UK region 2 PAL DVD available, and I'm sure it can be found on *cough* sites!

I have it as part of a box set with 1-4, 4 sucks big dicks although I think it has a commentary track, that might be interesting.

Skeevy Mcgee
Feb 17, 2007

zombieman posted:

Yeah, I found the same thing, but it's nothing I feel like spending any money or effort on. If anything, this whole thing just made me want to watch House 1 and 2 again. God, I loved those movies when I was a kid.

slasherfan posted:

I have it as part of a box set with 1-4, 4 sucks big dicks although I think it has a commentary track, that might be interesting.

Commentary tracks for bad horror movies are always the best commentary tracks.

Giga Pet giveaway
Jun 28, 2008

You're Not Welcome?
I'm sorry if this one has already been asked, it's been bothering me for a while now in my hunt for all the lovely horror movies I've seen over the years to watch with a new friend.

I remember:

A socialite was abducted. She was taken to a basement, some horror stuff happened, there was another person or two down there whom she talked to. There may have been two brothers in the house, one of them may have been pretending to be a victim to have sex with her. I think I remember there having been a mirror or a window that messages were scratched into.

I saw it in theaters a couple years ago, definitely between 2005-2008.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003

PaleInkedBoy posted:

I'm sorry if this one has already been asked, it's been bothering me for a while now in my hunt for all the lovely horror movies I've seen over the years to watch with a new friend.

I remember:

A socialite was abducted. She was taken to a basement, some horror stuff happened, there was another person or two down there whom she talked to. There may have been two brothers in the house, one of them may have been pretending to be a victim to have sex with her. I think I remember there having been a mirror or a window that messages were scratched into.

I saw it in theaters a couple years ago, definitely between 2005-2008.

The God Awful Captiviy. You're better off forgetting it.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Here's one a posted a long time ago but no one got. A teen thriller sort of deal definitely from he mid eighties. A Bad Seed/Good Son/etc. type movie where one kid is very evil to those immediately around him but everyone else thinks he's a perfect angel.

The one scene that stands out strongly to me is in a high school chemistry class. The evil kid and a victim are doing a lab assignment that involves SCIENCE beakers of boiling water/acid whatever. The evil kid twists the cord powering one of the burners around the victim's leg, so when the bell rings and the victim stands up the boiling acid gets splashed onto him.

Another is this lovely horror movie from the late seventies. Had a pretty somber synth soundtrack and begins with a photographer going to the beach to take pictures of the scenery. He's seduced by a beautiful woman that is a member of a gang that comes out and basically beats him to pieces and immolates him. Years later his ghost gets revenge on dumb chumps. So very, very vague sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

Neo Rasa posted:

Another is this lovely horror movie from the late seventies. Had a pretty somber synth soundtrack and begins with a photographer going to the beach to take pictures of the scenery. He's seduced by a beautiful woman that is a member of a gang that comes out and basically beats him to pieces and immolates him. Years later his ghost gets revenge on dumb chumps. So very, very vague sorry.

Up until the ghost part, this sounds like the opening of Dead And Buried:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082242/