Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

that one guy chad
Jan 12, 2008

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench posted:

Open terrain like that is pretty trippy to me still.

Kitt peak, another local mountain, is like this for all 11 miles up it.

Except with 3 ft guard rails so at least your bike doesn't fly off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

MAYBE DON'T STEAL BEER FROM GOONS?

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)

NipplesTheCat posted:

Kitt peak, another local mountain, is like this for all 11 miles up it.

Except with 3 ft guard rails so at least your bike doesn't fly off.

If I moved up there I probably wouldn't let myself ride my motorcycle (not that I have one yet) for a week just to get used to what a horizon looks like.

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back
http://www.gaskrank.tv/tv/motorrad-fun/stunt-riding-11100.htm NWS

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

so that's where the cone in butt picture comes from

ranathari
May 26, 2006

by elpintogrande

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007
Aside from the X'es, I'd wear the poo poo out of that, plus the orange matches the KTM

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

CSi-NA-EJ7 posted:

Aside from the X'es, I'd wear the poo poo out of that, plus the orange matches the KTM

Agreed. They'd easily sell 2x as many if they had that option. Doubly so if they offered the piping in other colors as well.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something
The whole pec/ab padding is kind of gay though. You'd look like you were wearing a leather superman costume.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Yes officer, the claws might be hazardous to others but it's part of the costume you see.

Gnomad
Aug 12, 2008
Saturday was the best day for riding thus far this spring and I put close to 300 miles on the FZ1.

Yours truly along Turnagain Arm, about 30 miles south of Anchorage.

The scenery was fabulous. The Seward Highway is rated by some sources as one of the top 10 roads in North America.

It's still winter in Turnagain Pass. Lots of snowmobilers out dodging avalanches. It's a great time to ride and at the same time, the avalanche danger makes it fairly risky, especially for those to like to "highmark". Some riders can get so far up the hill as to defy gravity.

Near the lost town of Portage, destroyed in the 1964 Alaska earthquake. It died a slow lingering death as the sea claimed it after the land sank 6 feet as a result of the quake.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Spring meet in Bergen today. I took some lovely cell phone pics, won't bother you with them but just steal from the newspaper instead.

Lots and lots of cool bikes including a running 1919 Harley with loads of oil splatter, grit and patina, a Suzuki RE5 and a 900 hp dragbike. They started it after a polite warning to the nearest bystanders. As it idled I thought "ok this is pretty loud" but when it revved you could hear it reverberating through all spines, buildings and mountains. Amazing that 2000 cc and a blower can make so much sound. Also, the smell of nitromethane exhaust is something special. It smells like war.

More pics here, use blue arrows to browse.

http://www.bt.no/nyheter/lokalt/MC-folkets-17.-mai-1073896.html

Fuelslt1
Jun 23, 2007
Maybe if I sell enough undercoating, I'll eventually stop being a gigantic prick.

Fuelslt1 fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Nov 28, 2018

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

ranathari posted:

They're gonna make tron legacy suits, too.

http://www.udreplicas.com/news/tron-legacy/

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

Fuelslt1 posted:

My '04 R1 on stands, I lowered it 2" (Im short) only to find out the forks are tapered and the clip ons wont secure now. Damnit.

O_O

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Fuelslt1 posted:

My '04 R1 on stands, I lowered it 2" (Im short) only to find out the forks are tapered and the clip ons wont secure now. Damnit.

You...lowered an R1. Holy hell.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Little people, big bikes, Tuesdays on TLC.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Slim Pickens posted:

They're gonna make tron legacy suits, too.

http://www.udreplicas.com/news/tron-legacy/

They'd better loving glow.

Ringo R
Dec 25, 2005

ช่วยแม่เฮ็ดนาแหน่เดัอ
Remembered they made a batsuit too. Here's a guy riding in one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n3teNGFjFs

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

Phat_Albert posted:

Little people, big bikes, Tuesdays on TLC.

Normally you aren't supposed to stop on those bikes.

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?

Doctor Zero posted:

They'd better loving glow.

If they light up I'm buying it, end of story.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Gnaghi posted:

If they light up I'm buying it, end of story.

dunno what bike to pair it with, but I'm thinking a super duke R if you have orange stripes(way more bad rear end than blue).

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:
None of us will ever be this cool.

Click here for the full 1024x683 image.

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008

frozenphil posted:

None of us will ever be this cool.

"Until a man is twenty-five, he still thinks, every so often, that under the right circumstances he could be the baddest motherfucker in the world. If I moved to a martial-arts monastery in China and studied real hard for ten years. If my family was wiped out by Colombian drug dealers and I swore myself to revenge. If I got a fatal disease, had one year to live, and devoted it to wiping out street crime. If I just dropped out and devoted my life to being bad.

HiroI used to feel this way ,too , but then heI ran into Raven this loving guy. In a way, this is liberating. HeI no longer hashave to worry about trying to be the baddest motherfucker in the world. The position is taken. The crowing touch, the one thing that really puts true world-class badmother-fuckerdom totally out of reach, of course, is the hydrogen bomb succesfully navigating a turn on a super bike while the loving bar ends scrape the ground at high speed with loving fire shooting out the exhaust."

edit:fixed it good

PadreScout fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Apr 27, 2010

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back
I've decided you all need to see more Supermotos.

This one is at a local Seattle track.

And proving you don't have to have a supermoto to be a supermotard...

Zool fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Apr 27, 2010

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back
Scrapin' axle sliders

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe
dear god I've got a boner

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
stop doing this before i spend my student loans on a ktm 690

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back

Slim Pickens posted:

Click here for the full 1023x682 image.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
I don't care what anyone says, Kneedown sumo is way better than Foot out sumo.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Slim Pickens posted:

I know where you can test ride one :D

-- go to SM thread \/\/\/

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3100205&pagenumber=17#lastpost

FlerpNerpin fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Apr 27, 2010

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Dubs posted:

I don't care what anyone says, Kneedown sumo is way better than Foot out sumo.

Why do they do that (put the foot out)?

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something
It looks like their foot would would be squished otherwise.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Also, while ~BaCkIn iT iN~, you can drag your foot on the ground and keep the bike balanced at that perfect angle between not sliding and a low side.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
How much weight do they actually put on the foot? I remember reading over at supermotojunkie that you could really mess yourself up if you do it wrong.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I think its very light pressure, and mainly used as a gauge to feel where the bike is and how its moving.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

MetaJew posted:

How much weight do they actually put on the foot? I remember reading over at supermotojunkie that you could really mess yourself up if you do it wrong.

None unless it starts to slide or you have boot sliders...if you do it wrong it can catch and kick your foot back and up, potentially destroying your knee if your positioning is wrong.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

There's a supermoto thread for talking about how loving awesome it is.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Can I play?

Click here for the full 1280x960 image.

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande

Ringo R posted:

Remembered they made a batsuit too. Here's a guy riding in one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n3teNGFjFs

JESUS loving CHRIST I NEED THAT. I MUST HAVE IT. I DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE COST.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

Phat_Albert posted:

I think its very light pressure, and mainly used as a gauge to feel where the bike is and how its moving.

You can also use it to save yourself from a lowside. Stomp the ground real fast to push the bike back up a bit to get the tires to recatch. Least thats what dude at my SM class said.