Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

Does anyone know a phone number to talk to an actual human at Experian? I got their corporate number (1-714-830-7000) but they keep transferring me to the automated system.

Experian, Transunion, Quizzle, everyone I've tried are unable to pull my experian report. They all error out. I'm trying to talk to experian to find out why this is, but they refuse to talk to you unless you have the report number off of your report. I can't get the goddamn number off my report if I can't get my report. They want to charge me $10.50 for the report just so I can get the number and THEN find out why I can't get my report. WTF.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

Ghostnuke posted:

Does anyone know a phone number to talk to an actual human at Experian? I got their corporate number (1-714-830-7000) but they keep transferring me to the automated system.

Experian, Transunion, Quizzle, everyone I've tried are unable to pull my experian report. They all error out. I'm trying to talk to experian to find out why this is, but they refuse to talk to you unless you have the report number off of your report. I can't get the goddamn number off my report if I can't get my report. They want to charge me $10.50 for the report just so I can get the number and THEN find out why I can't get my report. WTF.

Did you try grabbing it from here:
https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp

Pagan
Jun 4, 2003

Ghostnuke posted:

Send a letter saying you've been denied credit from somewhere, and they have to send you a copy of your report. Have you tried that? What's happened?

Hillridge
Aug 3, 2004

WWheeeeeee!
Is there any place you can get your actual credit score for free?

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Quizzle will give you your experian score.

Rubber Johnny
Apr 18, 2007

When I was a child if someone brandished a shrink gun he'd get a little bit of respect!

Hillridge posted:

Is there any place you can get your actual credit score for free?

https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

No score

yatagan
Aug 31, 2009

by Ozma
I got some silly automated collections call over $40, one of several charges for identical amounts charged over some months. I have payment records from the time of the alleged debt, but I can't be sure this debt is valid due to the repeated nature of the charges.

It's not on my credit report yet, what should I do? It seems silly to start dicking around with certified mail, and I'd pay them to just go away if it doesn't appear on my credit report.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
This should go in the OP. Go Supreme Court!

http://www2.highlandstoday.com/content/2010/apr/25/us-supreme-court-rules-against-debt-collector/

When I was deep into working as an intern for a non-profit debt resolution company, I would go onto both credit repair and debt help boards to learn what was working for other people, and I would also go onto debt collecting boards to see what new tricks and loopholes they were using to screw with people. Claiming ignorance or "bona fide, non-malicious error" was a big one.

This ruling closes that quasi loophole, and removes that defense.

yatagan
Aug 31, 2009

by Ozma

yatagan posted:

I got some silly automated collections call over $40, one of several charges for identical amounts charged over some months. I have payment records from the time of the alleged debt, but I can't be sure this debt is valid due to the repeated nature of the charges.

It's not on my credit report yet, what should I do? It seems silly to start dicking around with certified mail, and I'd pay them to just go away if it doesn't appear on my credit report.

I called them up, and they said they don't automatically report debts they receive, but the original company might have. Unfortunately, they couldn't guarantee that if I paid for the debt that it wouldn't be reported by them in the future. I'm pretty sure that's just bullshit but if they simply won't do that I guess I should start looking into a lawsuit.

I already have them recorded with a few clear (to me) FDCPA violations.

They informed me that they could still call me at any time between 8AM and 9PM when I told them these times were inconvenient.

Section 807: "... Without limiting the general application of the foregoing, the following conduct is a violation of this section: ... The threat to take any action that cannot legally be taken or that is not intended to be taken."

Section 805.1 states that it's illegal to call me at times that are inconvenient to me. :smug:

From Section 807 again: "The use of any business, company, or organization name other than the true name of the debt collector’s business, company, or organization."

Their website clearly uses a different name than their company.

I might be wrong here, or maybe it's time to go get some action started.

I Wish I Was
Dec 11, 2006

I saw this at the bookshop and thought of you.
Awesome thread. I've got about $45,000 in debt that mostly comes down to medical expenses - either they're actual medical bills that I owe on, or they're credit cards I used to pay medical expenses or living expenses when I was too sick to earn a paycheck but my disability income hadn't started, or the car I voluntarily surrendered because my medical expenses made the payment too much for me to handle.

I declared bankruptcy in December 2002, so in December of this year I'd be eligible again from what I understand. The problem is, I got married last year and with my husband's income I would probably fail the means test. This debt was all accrued before we were married, though, so maybe his income wouldn't count. I don't know and should probably talk to a lawyer anyway if I'm going to declare bankruptcy.

I would rather not declare bankruptcy again, as it really sucks to do and makes me feel like a bad person. I'd much prefer to talk the collectors down to a more doable amount and/or use the tricks in this thread to get things removed from my credit report for not being verified.

So I guess my questions are:

- My credit report shows different things from different bureaus, for example, my car repossession and the subsequent debt was only reported to Transunion. Should I only deal with Transunion in trying to get that off my credit, or should I contact all three agencies to cover my bases? This applies to more than just the car debt; I guess basically what I'm wondering is if disputing stuff with bureaus that aren't reporting on things will make them start reporting on them?

- There are things like charge-offs from the original creditors on my report, which I know are negative all by themselves. Even if I do a pay-for-delete with the collection agency, they won't go away. Is there a way to get them to go away or do I just have to live with them there?

- There are a few "unknown" creditors listed. I don't know if they're collection agencies or original creditors or what, but without a name or contact information on the credit report, I have no way to contact them. If I dispute this, does the credit bureau have some method of verifying with them other than what's on the report, or will those just be slam-dunk removals since there is no way to contact the creditor?

- I've got a judgment against me from an apartment complex for when I moved out before the lease was up. Do I pay that to the court, who passes it along to the apartment complex, or do I pay it to the apartment complex and hope they report it as paid to the court? I don't get how judgments work in the whole scope of credit history.

- This is minor, but it bugs me. My credit report still pops up using my former married name, which I haven't used for a while. Transunion has my maiden name, which I used for the past couple of years, but no one has my new, correct, married name. There are also misspellings of my former married name showing up. Does this make a hill of beans of difference that makes it worth correcting, or should I not care about that stuff?

Thanks for reading my wall of text, and I really appreciate any advice you guys can give me. I've read the whole thread, but it's so long and it's been quite a while since I started, so I apologize in advance for any of these questions that may have already been covered.

Bookish
Sep 7, 2006

80% sexy 20% disgusting

I Wish I Was posted:

- I've got a judgment against me from an apartment complex for when I moved out before the lease was up. Do I pay that to the court, who passes it along to the apartment complex, or do I pay it to the apartment complex and hope they report it as paid to the court? I don't get how judgments work in the whole scope of credit history.

At our court you can pay the attorney for the apartment complex directly and after that they would have to file a satisfaction of judgment. You would need to keep a record of your payoff in case they are lazy and don't file the satisfaction.

You could go to the courthouse directly to pay it off but we would still have to contact the plaintiff to check what they will take for a payoff amount since they can add interest and fees after the judgment.

Auracounts
Sep 21, 2006

Bookish posted:

At our court you can pay the attorney for the apartment complex directly and after that they would have to file a satisfaction of judgment. You would need to keep a record of your payoff in case they are lazy and don't file the satisfaction.

You could go to the courthouse directly to pay it off but we would still have to contact the plaintiff to check what they will take for a payoff amount since they can add interest and fees after the judgment.

I don't know what state Bookish is in, but that's how it works here too. The judgment will have the address and name of the person representing the defendant's interests. Typically, you send the payment to that person. You might want to contact them first, depending on the age of the judgment, just to ensure they are still representing the complex. Definitely keep proof of the payment to ensure that the satisfaction is filed. They are required to serve a copy on you, so make sure you provide your current address, too, so you can receive it.

Iron Squid
Nov 23, 2005

by Ozmaugh

CubsWoo posted:

There's a good number of form letters on http://www.creditinfocenter.com/forms/ - pick one and modify it to whatever you need. But skip the personal drama "THIS IS RUINING MY LIFE" poo poo because it doesn't make a difference to the bureau if your credit score means you can't get that new BMW or whatever.

I'm guessing something like this is what I wanna modify and send. Should I include photocopies of the return receipts I sent to the collection agency?

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

Iron Squid posted:

I'm guessing something like this is what I wanna modify and send. Should I include photocopies of the return receipts I sent to the collection agency?

why, it's not your job to prove to them you sent it previously. The green cards are more for your small claims suit.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Getting ready to fire off all of my gently caress you letters, what do you think?

quote:

To Whom It May Concern:
This letter is being sent to you in response to a negative item found on my credit report. I have never held an account with XXXXX, and believe that this has been attributed to me by mistake. This notice is sent pursuant to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, 15 USC 1692g Sec. 809 (b) that your claim is disputed and validation is requested.

I request that your offices provide me with evidence that I have a legal obligation to pay you including proof of the debt, the name and address of the original creditor, and the original account number. Please also provide me with copies of the contract, documentation showing that you purchased the debt properly, and show me how you calculated what you say I owe.

If your offices are able to provide the proper documentation as requested in the following declaration, I will require at least 30 days to investigate this information and during such time all collection activity must cease and desist.

If your offices fail to respond to this validation request within 30 days from the date of your receipt, all references to this account must be deleted and completely removed from my credit file and a copy of such deletion request shall be sent to me immediately.

I would also like to request, in writing, that no telephone contact be made by your offices to my home or to my place of employment. If your offices attempt telephone communication with me, including but not limited to computer generated calls and calls or correspondence sent to or with any third parties, it will be considered harassment and I will have no choice but to file suit. All future communications with me MUST be done in writing and sent to the address noted in this letter by USPS.

I am certain that you are eager to comply with the law and correct the inaccurate information on my report. However, I will seek any and all legal remedy for your failure to do so.

Ghostnuke fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Apr 30, 2010

Offrampmotel
Mar 18, 2006
Guitar God

Ghostnuke posted:

Getting ready to fire off all of my gently caress you letters, what do you think?

That looks pretty good. I may have to "borrow" it from you.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

I Wish I Was posted:

So I guess my questions are:

- My credit report shows different things from different bureaus, for example, my car repossession and the subsequent debt was only reported to Transunion. Should I only deal with Transunion in trying to get that off my credit, or should I contact all three agencies to cover my bases? This applies to more than just the car debt; I guess basically what I'm wondering is if disputing stuff with bureaus that aren't reporting on things will make them start reporting on them?

Don't bother with disputing something that isn't reported. Not all collectors report to all 3 bureaus (for a long time, it was semi-regionalized: Transunion was the reporting bureau for the midwest, etc.) Only dispute information that's already on your report. It -might- make the company report to all 3, but that's very rare and hasn't happened in my experience.

quote:

- There are things like charge-offs from the original creditors on my report, which I know are negative all by themselves. Even if I do a pay-for-delete with the collection agency, they won't go away. Is there a way to get them to go away or do I just have to live with them there?

You can try disputing them, but they normally come back verified. Sometimes an old creditor will stop reporting the charge-off if you show you've satisfied the debt with the new owner but that rarely happens. On the positive side they don't ding your report too much, especially if they're old and don't correlate with another report showing a current debt.

quote:

- There are a few "unknown" creditors listed. I don't know if they're collection agencies or original creditors or what, but without a name or contact information on the credit report, I have no way to contact them. If I dispute this, does the credit bureau have some method of verifying with them other than what's on the report, or will those just be slam-dunk removals since there is no way to contact the creditor?

Should be slam-dunks. If they do verify, they'll send you correspondence and you can move on from there.

quote:

Call the courthouse/visit them in person and let them guide you through the process.

quote:

- This is minor, but it bugs me. My credit report still pops up using my former married name, which I haven't used for a while. Transunion has my maiden name, which I used for the past couple of years, but no one has my new, correct, married name. There are also misspellings of my former married name showing up. Does this make a hill of beans of difference that makes it worth correcting, or should I not care about that stuff?

I'd try to get it corrected, because those misspellings can sometimes have debts that aren't yours pop up and that's just more hassle for you.

Offrampmotel
Mar 18, 2006
Guitar God
Just thought some people might get a kick out of the fact that I opened my mail today and found a Dunning letter from a law firm/collection agency over an 11 cent debt. Should I gently caress with them and make them validate the debt? I really don't want to spend 79 cents for an 11 cent money order.

e: or maybe offer a settlement of 3 cents. A friend suggested that I send them 10 cents and see if they start mailing me letters for the other penny.

Offrampmotel fucked around with this message at 00:53 on May 1, 2010

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Offrampmotel posted:

Just thought some people might get a kick out of the fact that I opened my mail today and found a Dunning letter from a law firm/collection agency over an 11 cent debt. Should I gently caress with them and make them validate the debt? I really don't want to spend 79 cents for an 11 cent money order.

e: or maybe offer a settlement of 3 cents. A friend suggested that I send them 10 cents and see if they start mailing me letters for the other penny.

Send them 11 pennies and demand a notarized letter back with a receipt. Or send 15 cents and start hounding their toll-free number asking for your 4 cents back if they don't return it.

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

Wouldn't it be worth it to send them the validation letter and wait for them to rack up violations so you can sue them for thousands of dollars in fines they will accrue trying to collect on 11 cents?

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

NancyPants posted:

Wouldn't it be worth it to send them the validation letter and wait for them to rack up violations so you can sue them for thousands of dollars in fines they will accrue trying to collect on 11 cents?

If you're super vigilant/the collector is abjectly stupid, yes, but most of those dunning letters are just churned out of the Excel spreadsheet of debt they bought. The second that validation letter comes in 99% of those companies are going to drop collection practices (and it's probably not being reported anyway) so unless you're feeling overly sue-happy I'd probably do nothing.

Offrampmotel
Mar 18, 2006
Guitar God
But what the hell kind of company buys an 11 cent debt? I mean, assuming I pay them, they've already lost 33 cents just from the postage.

Pagan
Jun 4, 2003

What kind of company keeps track of an 11 cent debt? It's probably all part of some automated system. The Original Creditor kept all their debts in one big spreadsheet, and the collection agency just buys all the accounts older than a certain date, then has an automated thing send out dunning letters.

Offrampmotel
Mar 18, 2006
Guitar God
I decided that I'm going to send them a validation letter, just to be a dick because I hate collection agencies.

I Wish I Was
Dec 11, 2006

I saw this at the bookshop and thought of you.
Thanks for all the great info, everyone. From the bankruptcy thread it sounds like my husband's income is too high for me to be able to do chapter seven, which is the only one that would make sense. I could probably get better deals working with the collectors myself and getting pay-for-deletes than I would get under a chapter thirteen plan.

Looks like I've got a lot of work ahead of me: my three-bureau report has about twenty pages of creditors on it. Step one: spreadsheet. Step two: write dispute letter. Step three: mail merge. Step four: post office. It won't be fun but if I can get this debt down to even half of what I currently owe I'll be in so much better shape.

Another question about credit: if my husband adds me as a signer on his credit cards(which we've avoided until now because we didn't want them mixed up if I declared bankruptcy) would that add to my credit score? Also, if I cosign a loan does that go on my credit or would it have to be him cosigning on a loan in my name?

Offrampmotel
Mar 18, 2006
Guitar God

I Wish I Was posted:

Thanks for all the great info, everyone. From the bankruptcy thread it sounds like my husband's income is too high for me to be able to do chapter seven, which is the only one that would make sense. I could probably get better deals working with the collectors myself and getting pay-for-deletes than I would get under a chapter thirteen plan.

Looks like I've got a lot of work ahead of me: my three-bureau report has about twenty pages of creditors on it. Step one: spreadsheet. Step two: write dispute letter. Step three: mail merge. Step four: post office. It won't be fun but if I can get this debt down to even half of what I currently owe I'll be in so much better shape.

Another question about credit: if my husband adds me as a signer on his credit cards(which we've avoided until now because we didn't want them mixed up if I declared bankruptcy) would that add to my credit score? Also, if I cosign a loan does that go on my credit or would it have to be him cosigning on a loan in my name?

If he puts you as an authorized user on his cards, it will go on your credit. As far as cosigning, if you're in as much financial distress as it sounds like you are, I doubt that banks would approve you as a cosigner anyways.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
So I disputed a few items on my credit report with Experian. Never once did I claim anywhere that I was the victim of identity theft. Thursday I got a letter from Experian to the tune of "Thanks for notifying us that you've been the victim of identity theft. We have placed an alert on your file. We also told TransUnion and Equifax to do the same so you don't have to. Aren't we awesome and friendly?!"

I'm in the middle of trying to get financed on a used vehicle and this could gently caress me. So I mailed a CMRRR letter on Friday to the tune of "I never reported anywhere that I was the victim of fraud or identity theft. You have 10 days from receipt of this letter to remove any alerts you placed in my file AND notify any other reporting agencies to do the same or I will sue the poo poo out of you."

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

Offrampmotel posted:

But what the hell kind of company buys an 11 cent debt? I mean, assuming I pay them, they've already lost 33 cents just from the postage.

The OCs such as large banks tend to bundle up the debt as a huge pool with thousands if not hundreds of thousands of accounts. These are bid at usually an closed auction between a few heavy hitters. Their QC is usually looking for collecetability and fraud possibilities. A .11 debt could easily fall through the cracks.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I'm down to just a few derogs on my reports now. Two are scheduled to fall off in the next month or two, but I still have a few other ones that will persist. I'm sending PFD offers to them, as the debt is very recent and the amounts are very small.

There are two, however, that I just can't figure out:

First, this thing from a Verizon office in Fulson, CA. I currently have Verizon service, I have since 2004, my bill is up to date and I can't even imagine what it is. I never received any letters referencing this account, and I've not been contacted by a CA about it. I tried calling VZW, they have no idea, so I disputed with the CRAs and it went from "Charge off closed account" on all three to this.. whatever this means:

It seems as though VZW validated, but they are not interested in talking to me about it or providing any information to me (since they are the OC I guess). I don't know where to go with this one. It seems as though it was redated when I disputed and my scores took a HUGE hit.

The next showed up last month from NCO (sigh). I have no idea what it is. Honestly. I have received no correspondence from them, and the entry on my report is very vague.

Should I dispute as "not mine"?

I hope the other outstanding derogs accept my PFD offers :ohdear:

Pagan
Jun 4, 2003

You've got a few options with Verizon. If you're currently a customer in good standing, call them and ask what's up. Second, I think OC's still have to validate. So send a Validation of letter to them. I've found that trying to get validation through a bureau like Experian is a waste of time, Experian just says "yep it's valid" and you get no other info. However, if you request validation and don't get it, then Experian must take it off.

For the second one, dispute as fraudulent, or find out who the creditor is and request validation from them.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Pagan posted:

You've got a few options with Verizon. If you're currently a customer in good standing, call them and ask what's up. Second, I think OC's still have to validate. So send a Validation of letter to them. I've found that trying to get validation through a bureau like Experian is a waste of time, Experian just says "yep it's valid" and you get no other info. However, if you request validation and don't get it, then Experian must take it off.

For the second one, dispute as fraudulent, or find out who the creditor is and request validation from them.

Called VZW and they "verified" that the account was mine, but would not (not could not, she told me would not) tell me account number, balance, or any other information. She said it has been assigned to a collection agency but couldn't tell me who or offer contact information. She also could not comment on the fact that VZW validated with the CRAs and reporting account as "open".

What. The. gently caress.

Pagan
Jun 4, 2003

Jealous Cow posted:

Called VZW and they "verified" that the account was mine, but would not (not could not, she told me would not) tell me account number, balance, or any other information. She said it has been assigned to a collection agency but couldn't tell me who or offer contact information. She also could not comment on the fact that VZW validated with the CRAs and reporting account as "open".

What. The. gently caress.

Do it in writing, and mention some laws. Even OC's have to follow the FCRA and FDCPA, and once you have some stuff in writing, you can track things down further, and start legal action. On one hand, the amount is so small that hiring a lawyer seems like false economy, but on the other, if it's affecting your credit and your ability to get a loan, it's costing you way more than the listed debt.

Send a letter to verizon. They are legally obligated to reply with ALL the information, or it comes off your credit report.

seacat
Dec 9, 2006

Pagan posted:

Do it in writing, and mention some laws. Even OC's have to follow the FCRA and FDCPA, and once you have some stuff in writing, you can track things down further, and start legal action. On one hand, the amount is so small that hiring a lawyer seems like false economy, but on the other, if it's affecting your credit and your ability to get a loan, it's costing you way more than the listed debt.

Send a letter to verizon. They are legally obligated to reply with ALL the information, or it comes off your credit report.
OCs do not have to follow the FDCPA, although some states bind them to it.

Pagan
Jun 4, 2003

antwizzle posted:

OCs do not have to follow the FDCPA, although some states bind them to it.

But they do have to follow fair credit reporting, which means they have to prove the debt is legally owed, and provide information on how to pay it. The fact that they refuse to give an account number or contact info for a collection agency has got to be illegal. Give me a little time to research and I'll find the laws to prove it.

Even if OCs are somehow exempt from any and all FCRA and FDCPA regulations, Experian ISN'T. And it doesn't matter what Verizon says if it doesn't show up on your credit report.

At a quick glance, FCRA :

§ 1681g(a)(1 and 2) – CRA must provide all information, and the sources, in your report

and

§ 1681s–2 Responsibilities of furnishers of information to CRAs

§ 1681s–2(a)(1) – Furnishers must provide accurate information, shall not provide info to CRA if notified by the consumer of inaccuracies

An OC still counts as a furnisher, which means they must report all, accurate information. This means account numbers and contact info. Although OCs have a little more freedom than a collection agency, they still have to follow the law. Request validation, dispute, threaten legal action.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Pagan posted:

But they do have to follow fair credit reporting, which means they have to prove the debt is legally owed, and provide information on how to pay it. The fact that they refuse to give an account number or contact info for a collection agency has got to be illegal. Give me a little time to research and I'll find the laws to prove it.

Even if OCs are somehow exempt from any and all FCRA and FDCPA regulations, Experian ISN'T. And it doesn't matter what Verizon says if it doesn't show up on your credit report.

At a quick glance, FCRA :

§ 1681g(a)(1 and 2) – CRA must provide all information, and the sources, in your report

and

§ 1681s–2 Responsibilities of furnishers of information to CRAs

§ 1681s–2(a)(1) – Furnishers must provide accurate information, shall not provide info to CRA if notified by the consumer of inaccuracies

An OC still counts as a furnisher, which means they must report all, accurate information. This means account numbers and contact info. Although OCs have a little more freedom than a collection agency, they still have to follow the law. Request validation, dispute, threaten legal action.

Thanks for the help. They went back and updated it making it look like a new CO and its loving me. I haven't so much as paid a bill late in over 4 years and poo poo like this keeps popping up.

A collection for a directv account from 9 years ago just popped up on my report with no letter or anything.

Edit: it's almost like they watch for your scores to go over a certain level and they release the hounds. I finally broke 700 and this poo poo happens, lost over 100 points overnight.

Jealous Cow fucked around with this message at 02:30 on May 3, 2010

Pagan
Jun 4, 2003

Jealous Cow posted:

Thanks for the help. They went back and updated it making it look like a new CO and its loving me. I haven't so much as paid a bill late in over 4 years and poo poo like this keeps popping up.

A collection for a directv account from 9 years ago just popped up on my report with no letter or anything.

You need to sit down and write some letters to the Credit Reporting Agencies; 7 years is the limit for anything.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Pagan posted:

You need to sit down and write some letters to the Credit Reporting Agencies; 7 years is the limit for anything.

Yea ive been doing that for years, its like whack-a-mole. I get one removed and another pops up.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Jealous Cow posted:

Yea ive been doing that for years, its like whack-a-mole. I get one removed and another pops up.

Ugh, don't say that. I still have hope...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pagan
Jun 4, 2003

Jealous Cow posted:

File a lawsuit, especially for something so obviously bullshit like a 9 year old trade line. You can file yourself, pro se. Hell, just the threat of one, combined with a well typed formal/legal complaint will get someone's attention and make them think seriously about settling.