Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thrawn86
May 26, 2006

Sure, I got a secret. More than one...
and it was right there the entire time, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cosmopolitan
Apr 20, 2007

Rard sele this wai -->
Is there a way to make Opera not open external URLs as a private tab? This is annoying as gently caress.

thegreatcodfish
Aug 2, 2004
I have an odd problem with Opera 10.51 on Windows 7 that I've never had before. Controls for video and music players are transparent, which makes them really hard to read unless I have a plain black window behind them. I am using the glass skin that makes everything use aero glass, so I figure that has something to do with it, but haven't heard anyone else complain about it. Anyone else seeing this and know of a fix? It's not unbearable, but can be annoying when the title of a song is part of the controls (such as Facebook's song player).

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Anunnaki posted:

Is there a way to make Opera not open external URLs as a private tab? This is annoying as gently caress.

Do you mean that you have some site open in a private tab and you want links that are not on the same domain open in a non-private tab?

I don't think that's possible.

Cosmopolitan
Apr 20, 2007

Rard sele this wai -->

Wheany posted:

Do you mean that you have some site open in a private tab and you want links that are not on the same domain open in a non-private tab?

No, I mean whenever I click a URL in an IM chat window, or any other program, it always opens it in a private tab (regardless of whether or not the previously active tab was private).

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer
And 10.52 is out for Windows: http://www.opera.com/browser/

This seems to be the same as RC5.

thrawn86
May 26, 2006

Sure, I got a secret. More than one...

thegreatcodfish posted:

I have an odd problem with Opera 10.51 on Windows 7 that I've never had before. Controls for video and music players are transparent, which makes them really hard to read unless I have a plain black window behind them. I am using the glass skin that makes everything use aero glass, so I figure that has something to do with it, but haven't heard anyone else complain about it. Anyone else seeing this and know of a fix? It's not unbearable, but can be annoying when the title of a song is part of the controls (such as Facebook's song player).

I get the same thing with the text on youtube controls

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Is it possible to integrate any IM (Yahoo, MSN, AOL, etc) services into Opera?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

10.52 out for OSX

kapalama
Aug 15, 2007

:siren:EVERYTHING I SAY ABOUT JAPAN OR LIVING IN JAPAN IS COMPLETELY WRONG, BUT YOU BETTER BELIEVE I'LL :spergin: ABOUT IT.:siren:

PLEASE ADD ME TO YOUR IGNORE LIST.

IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A JAPAN THREAD, PLEASE PM A MODERATOR SO THAT I CAN BE BANNED.

krylex posted:

10.52 out for OSX

Can anyone tell me if 10.52 has fixed the Quicktime COntroller bug where you could not properly interact with controls of Quicktime movies?

I'd try it myself but it whacks the mail in the upgrade from 9.64 to 10.x.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I don't know about that bug, but I can finally minimize tabs on OSX and I'm happy as can loving be.

thegreatcodfish
Aug 2, 2004

thrawn86 posted:

I get the same thing with the text on youtube controls

Yeah I turned off the glass skin and it went away so it must be the glass skin.
Looks like he knows about it too:

Known Opera bugs with transparency:
- Text and elements inside plugins can be transparent instead of black, making it hard to read (DSK-277964)

http://my.opera.com/community/customize/skins/info/?id=9281

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

khy posted:

Opera has IRC inbuilt. With Bitlbee you can tunnel those messengers to a virtual IRC server running on your machine, which you can connect to with Opera.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

khy posted:

Meebo is a webapp that'll do that, but generally browsers don't do IM themselves.

RichieWolk
Jun 4, 2004

FUCK UNIONS

UNIONS R4 DRUNKS

FUCK YOU
Is there any way to get rid of the big red O button in 10.52? They seem to have disabled the "Remove from Toolbar" context menu option.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

RichieWolk posted:

Is there any way to get rid of the big red O button in 10.52? They seem to have disabled the "Remove from Toolbar" context menu option.

Right click > Customise > Appearance > Placement > Off

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

RichieWolk posted:

Click the button -> Show menu bar

kapalama
Aug 15, 2007

:siren:EVERYTHING I SAY ABOUT JAPAN OR LIVING IN JAPAN IS COMPLETELY WRONG, BUT YOU BETTER BELIEVE I'LL :spergin: ABOUT IT.:siren:

IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A JAPAN THREAD, PLEASE PM A MODERATOR SO THAT I CAN BE BANNED.
Well if anyone else is wondering, Quicktime controls are still broken in the latest 10.52 for Mac. Still works on 9.64. In my limited testing QuickTime controls have not worked on any version of 10.x.

This bug has now been outstanding for more than 8 months. I have reported it several times, and they keep listing it as fixed for other Quicktime bug reports, but it is still not fixed on my machine.

Dammit, I want minimizable tabs. But I need to be able to interact with QuickTime movies without having to switch browsers.

Anyone work for Opera here?

Me: OS X 10.5.6.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Would you mind linking me to a quicktime movie that is causing issues? I'll test it on mine.

It could be that you've upgraded and the bug has persisted. Does it exist on a fresh install?

kapalama
Aug 15, 2007

krylex posted:

Would you mind linking me to a quicktime movie that is causing issues? I'll test it on mine.

It could be that you've upgraded and the bug has persisted. Does it exist on a fresh install?

http://gahoh.marinebat.com/movie/kanji/17kaku/shuku3D4C.html

The sites that I need to interact with are Kanji stroke order websites. I just chose a random one as an example. I need to both interact with and download them.

I never did a fresh install. OS X unfortunately stores stuff for browsers in at least 3 different locations, which makes rolling back and forth difficult, since I am not sure what I need to backup/restore to keep functionality going.

Sergeant Hobo
Jan 7, 2007

Zhu Li, do the thing!
Don't get too settled yet. There's a 10.53 RC1 for Windows and Mac.

Changelog posted:

Version 10.53
Fixed CORE-29447 (Possible vulnerability (SA39590: Writing Uninitialised Memory Vulnerability))
Fixed CORE-28262 (Fixed order of dialog.ini loading to make the one in the custom folder work)
Fixed CARAKAN-1278 (Freeze on Google Maps)

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

kapalama posted:

http://gahoh.marinebat.com/movie/kanji/17kaku/shuku3D4C.html

The sites that I need to interact with are Kanji stroke order websites. I just chose a random one as an example. I need to both interact with and download them.

I never did a fresh install. OS X unfortunately stores stuff for browsers in at least 3 different locations, which makes rolling back and forth difficult, since I am not sure what I need to backup/restore to keep functionality going.

That plays perfectly fine for me. I'm able to hit space to start playing, and all other controls seem to work.

I just click on the video and all the controls are working A-ok.

kapalama
Aug 15, 2007

krylex posted:

That plays perfectly fine for me. I'm able to hit space to start playing, and all other controls seem to work.

I just click on the video and all the controls are working A-ok.

It shows all the controls, and you can download it? Because there are clearly a number of people having problems with this. It has been reported a bunch of times by various people, and every release list reports that it has been addressed, but it has not worked from 10.0 on.

Spacebar makes it run (this has never been a problem), but the controls are visible only when they are actually moused over, and the QuickTime dropdown menu does not appear at all.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

It's showing everything for me once I click on it. I'm not given the option to download, but that's showing as Pro only in safari.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

kapalama
Aug 15, 2007

Yeah, that's what it does for me. Shows up when I click on it. But it does not let me scrub (at least not smoothly/consistently) , and the disclosure triangle/context menu is not active or available.

It works wihout any problems in every other browser, and in versions of Opera before 10.x. It would be one thing if I was using an obscure plugin, but QuickTime is pretty widespread, I would have thought. They are at least aware that people have having problems with it, but they do not seem to be fixing the underlying problem despite various release notes saying it has been addressed. I know because I see that Quicktime control issue problems fixed in the release notes, and then I download and try it out, but the problems are still there.

As above mentioned, 9.64 works for me, so I guess I will just wait for another milestone release to see if they have it fixed. It's something I use daily so I need it to work.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

It scrolls forward and back smoothly just fine for me. The context menu from from the triangle isn't there, though.

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed

Mithaldu posted:

Opera has IRC inbuilt. With Bitlbee you can tunnel those messengers to a virtual IRC server running on your machine, which you can connect to with Opera.
Wow, Bitlbee is amazing and I wish I knew about it years ago.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Has anyone else had gmail refuse to load for them in 10.52. The page just won't open for me.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Plorkyeran posted:

Wow, Bitlbee is amazing and I wish I knew about it years ago.

bitlbee + irssi + screen + ssh = persistent chat session no matter where you are. It's fantastic.

Buml0r
Sep 15, 2003

WIGGLE HE
Hello, sorry about this but I need a hand with something.

Opera randomly reset all its settings when I opened it today, so I've lost all my bookmarks, wand passwords, etc. This is an easy fix though, because I keep all that stuff on my E:/ drive rather than C - I know that's weird, but I do. Opera having reset, it's started new files on C for some reason.

So all I need to do is tell Opera to look on E for everything, but is there a quick way to do that rather than have to go through the endless user prefs in opera:config changing any directory URL I find?

I've gone and forgotten how I actually did this in the first place, but I'm sure I remember being able to select the basic directories for things in a dedicated window, I just can't find it in the prefs any more. :/

GobyWan
Jun 5, 2006
tiny plastic novelty palm trees are all I need

Buml0r posted:

Hello, sorry about this but I need a hand with something.

Opera randomly reset all its settings when I opened it today, so I've lost all my bookmarks, wand passwords, etc. This is an easy fix though, because I keep all that stuff on my E:/ drive rather than C - I know that's weird, but I do. Opera having reset, it's started new files on C for some reason.

So all I need to do is tell Opera to look on E for everything, but is there a quick way to do that rather than have to go through the endless user prefs in opera:config changing any directory URL I find?

I've gone and forgotten how I actually did this in the first place, but I'm sure I remember being able to select the basic directories for things in a dedicated window, I just can't find it in the prefs any more. :/

This is quite old, and I have yet to test it because I don't need to actually do it myself, but this guide may work for you. It's essentially the same as going through opera:config manually, but you can do a find and replace on the various paths if you open the .ini in Notepad or something.

Also: does anyone know how to make the default 10.5 skin not look like rear end under Vista, maximized, with tabs on the left? I've got that terrible Aero reflection/glare thing making my tab bar hard to read, because Vista turns off transparency when it's maximized and puts a dark blue background behind the overlay. The white overlay's still there when it's not maximized, but it's much less annoying.

GIMMEL
Jan 24, 2005

by Lowtax

sbaldrick posted:

Has anyone else had gmail refuse to load for them in 10.52. The page just won't open for me.

Try enabling inline frames if you have that turned off.

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

It seems like Opera removed the '10.50 coming soon' message on the linux download pages. Anyone got news about what this is about? are they dropping support or something?

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer
They just released a 10.53 beta for Linux, so I doubt it:

http://www.opera.com/press/releases/2010/05/04/

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

Ah, great, thanks! It's nice to see they reworked the GUI a bit there too. Looks much cleaner than 10.10.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

sbaldrick posted:

Yes except it's also happening in 10.53. Fails to load when I try to login and then just drops me back at the login screen.

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys
They did drop support for Solaris but I don't think anyone's too broken up about that.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
enabling inline frames did fix the load problem which is good.

I now have another problem with embedded videos not showing up (it's on fleshbot alright). Anyone else having this issue.

GobyWan
Jun 5, 2006
tiny plastic novelty palm trees are all I need

sbaldrick posted:

enabling inline frames did fix the load problem which is good.

I now have another problem with embedded videos not showing up (it's on fleshbot alright). Anyone else having this issue.

Usually, when any kind of embedded anything doesn't work for me, I've inadvertently blocked it from some other site, or the site I'm on is trying to force me to turn off my ad-blocker by routing videos or whatever through a common ad server. Right click on page -> Block Content -> Details will show you what's blocked and let you fix it; I don't know the source of the problem if that's not it, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
nothing blocked at all. I can't find anything that's conflicting with it either. Why does Opera get worse some times?