Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002
More dog whistles than a Petco

Powercrazy posted:

For the first part I know that. For the second part. LACP can't be setup from a FEX at all. The problem is that we were expecting to setup etherchannels on all our dual nic servers so that if a single device failed, either a FEX or a N5K it would be transparent to the server. The server would just detect a lost link, but it wouldn't need to update its spanning tree or routes or anytihng.

This is how we recommend to configure it. I don't have any handy to play with right now, can try to scare some up tomorrow. Stupid question but did you enable LACP on the 5ks (feature lacp from global config).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Yep, feature LACP is enabled. If you can get it working post the config/steps. Because the documentation implies that you can setup LACP on the FEXs but when I actually tried to do it, and asked TAC it looks like you can't.

I'm using 2148T FEXs, if LACP works on a different type of fex let me know.

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002

Powercrazy posted:

Yep, feature LACP is enabled. If you can get it working post the config/steps. Because the documentation implies that you can setup LACP on the FEXs but when I actually tried to do it, and asked TAC it looks like you can't.

I'm using 2148T FEXs, if LACP works on a different type of fex let me know.

It will definitely work on the gen2 FEXs (2248,2232). Looks like its a no go on the 2148T for server side ports, sorry :(.

Tremblay fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Apr 27, 2010

ragzilla
Sep 9, 2005
don't ask me, i only work here

Tremblay posted:

You are creating a huge broadcast domain that will result in a lot of drops and high CPU utilization on your router since most broadcast traffic gets punted. Also its lazy and lovely design. Do it right the first time.

How is this any different with subinterfaces vs. secondaries? I'm still going to have the same amount of bcast traffic hitting the router getting punted.

If my customer wants extra addresses on their T1, I'm not going to force them to run dot1q between my router and their switch because secondaries are a "lazy/lovely" design (and they're not going to want to renumber into a bigger block either).

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002

ragzilla posted:

How is this any different with subinterfaces vs. secondaries? I'm still going to have the same amount of bcast traffic hitting the router getting punted.

If my customer wants extra addresses on their T1, I'm not going to force them to run dot1q between my router and their switch because secondaries are a "lazy/lovely" design (and they're not going to want to renumber into a bigger block either).

I was speaking specifically LAN side. Wanna run secondaries on a T1? Knock your socks off. Impact depends on platform and VLAN. Some places tend to get lazy and keep heaping secondaries on, say a VLAN1 SVI.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Tremblay posted:

It will definitely work on the gen2 FEXs (2248,2232). Looks like its a no go on the 2148T for server side ports, sorry :(.

Are you sure the 2nd gen fexs will do it? Can you link me some documentation about them? Becuase if the 2248s can do it, then it will become a purchase for us. I have to verify it though.

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002

Powercrazy posted:

Are you sure the 2nd gen fexs will do it? Can you link me some documentation about them? Becuase if the 2248s can do it, then it will become a purchase for us. I have to verify it though.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps9441/ps10110/data_sheet_c78-507093.html

"PortChannel on server ports (Cisco Nexus 2200 Series only)"

Your SE should be able to verify that on Topic like I did ;). If not, lemme know.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
I don't have Plat so no PMs, but I do have aim.

inignot
Sep 1, 2003

WWBCD?
Anyone have any recommendations for a network management platform for an MPLS network? I've got 20 - 30 PE devices and 10-ish P devices. It's not large (a lot of stuff is aggregated on ethernet subinterfaces), but the number of vrfs & import / exports is daunting. It would be nice for instance to see a report of what devices & interfaces a given vrf is configured on.

falz
Jan 29, 2005

01100110 01100001 01101100 01111010
Trying to get cisco client VPN working on a router along side a site to site VPN (to a Sonicwall unfortunately). Client VPN works fine, tunnel is to 10.70.21.162 but it wants to do xauth for it. 'sh cry isak sa' shows 'CONF_XAUTH', debug logs confirm.

Originally it would get stuck attempting to give this static IP an address from the client VPN which is wrong. I added the isakmp profiles/keyring stuff to attempt to alleviate this (per this and this.

I have other IOS VPNs working for this customer without keyring and without client VPN that I'm not using isakmp profiles for and I can then specify 'no-xauth' in the "crypto isakmp key FOO address 10.70.21.162 no-xauth" command but that's not used in profiles.

So, how does one disable xauth in this case for 10.70.21.162? 10.1/16 and 192.168.0/24 are inside, everything else is outside.

code:
aaa new-model

aaa group server radius AAA-RADIUS
 server 10.1.7.10 auth-port 1812 acct-port 1813

aaa authentication login AAA-AUTHLOGIN local
aaa authentication login AAA-AUTHEN-RADIUS group AAA-DOMAIN
aaa authentication ppp default group radius
aaa authorization network AAA-AUTHNETWORK local
aaa authorization network AAA-AUTHOR-RADIUS group AAA-DOMAIN
aaa authorization network AAA-AUTHOR-GROUPLOCAL local

crypto keyring KEYRING-VPN-SONICWALL
  pre-shared-key address 10.70.21.162 key keyforsitetosite

crypto isakmp policy 10
 encr aes 256
 authentication pre-share
 group 2

crypto isakmp policy 20
 encr 3des
 hash md5
 authentication pre-share
 group 2

crypto isakmp policy 30
 encr 3des
 authentication pre-share
 group 2
crypto isakmp keepalive 10 periodic

crypto isakmp client configuration group CLIENTVPN
 key keyforclients
 dns 10.1.7.10
 wins 10.1.7.10
 domain company.com
 pool POOL-CLIENTVPN
 acl ACL-CLIENTVPN
crypto isakmp profile PROFILE-VPN-SONICWALL
   keyring KEYRING-VPN-SONICWALL
   match identity address 10.70.21.162 255.255.255.255
crypto isakmp profile PROFILE-VPN-CLIENTVPN
   match identity group CLIENTVPN
   client authentication list AAA-AUTHEN-RADIUS
   isakmp authorization list AAA-AUTHOR-RADIUS
   client configuration address respond

crypto ipsec transform-set TRANSFORM-CLIENTVPN esp-3des esp-sha-hmac
crypto ipsec transform-set TRANSFORM-VPN-SONICWALL esp-aes 256 esp-sha-hmac

crypto dynamic-map DYNMAP-CLIENTVPN 10
 set transform-set TRANSFORM-CLIENTVPN
 set isakmp-profile PROFILE-VPN-CLIENTVPN
 reverse-route

crypto map MAP-FA1 local-address FastEthernet1
crypto map MAP-FA1 client authentication list AAA-AUTHEN-RADIUS
crypto map MAP-FA1 isakmp authorization list AAA-AUTHOR-GROUPLOCAL
crypto map MAP-FA1 client configuration address initiate
crypto map MAP-FA1 client configuration address respond
crypto map MAP-FA1 1 ipsec-isakmp
 set peer 10.70.21.162
 set transform-set TRANSFORM-VPN-SONICWALL
 set pfs group2
 set isakmp-profile PROFILE-VPN-SONICWALL
 match address ACL-VPN-SONICWALL
 reverse-route

crypto map MAP-FA1 10 ipsec-isakmp dynamic DYNMAP-CLIENTVPN

interface FastEthernet0
 ip address 10.1.7.5 255.255.255.0

interface FastEthernet1
 ip address 254.52.11.206 255.255.255.252
 ip nat outside
 crypto map MAP-FA1

ip access-list extended ACL-VPN-SONICWALL
 permit ip 10.1.7.0 0.0.0.255 10.1.3.0 0.0.0.255
 permit ip 10.1.7.0 0.0.0.255 10.1.5.0 0.0.0.255
 permit ip 10.1.7.0 0.0.0.255 10.1.9.0 0.0.0.255
 permit ip 10.1.7.0 0.0.0.255 192.168.0.0 0.0.0.255
 permit ip 10.1.7.0 0.0.0.255 10.1.0.0 0.0.1.255

tortilla_chip
Jun 13, 2007

k-partite

inignot posted:

MPLS Management

sh run vrf NAME should get you what you need. It's supported on the 7600 platform.

Bicho6
Jul 15, 2003

You dont feel that, like your head is burning or something
guys .. i got a 4006 chasis that is EOL but it was just announced so i'm sticking with it.. the sup card on its is a 4013 which is crap and gives me CatOS.. i'm thinking of going to a 4013+ which is just enough to give me L3 ability and Cisco IOS. Just want to bounce this off you guys. Am I correct in thinking a 4013+ card will give me L3 and Cisco IOS?

H.R. Paperstacks
May 1, 2006

This is America
My president is black
and my Lambo is blue

Bicho6 posted:

guys .. i got a 4006 chasis that is EOL but it was just announced so i'm sticking with it.. the sup card on its is a 4013 which is crap and gives me CatOS.. i'm thinking of going to a 4013+ which is just enough to give me L3 ability and Cisco IOS. Just want to bounce this off you guys. Am I correct in thinking a 4013+ card will give me L3 and Cisco IOS?

Cisco IOS Software only on the Supervisor Engine II-Plus, III, IV, and V

Uses Cisco IOS images: cat4000-is-mz or cat4000-i9s-mz (Basic L3 feature set) or cat4000-i5s (Enhanced L3 feature set), cat4500, that depends on the software release and Supervisor Engine

From: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps663/products_tech_note09186a0080094645.shtml

XakEp
Dec 20, 2002
Amor est vitae essentia

Ok, here's a fun one. We haven't gotten deep into the debug process yet, but we have a site to site GRE tunnel that flaps at 8:05 EST every day, give or take 30 seconds. The interface this goes over is up/up, and the carrier sees no errors on the circuit.

It flaps one time each day, and comes up after a few seconds. Always at the same time. We can't figure out what might be doing this, any guesses?

H.R. Paperstacks
May 1, 2006

This is America
My president is black
and my Lambo is blue

XakEp posted:

Ok, here's a fun one. We haven't gotten deep into the debug process yet, but we have a site to site GRE tunnel that flaps at 8:05 EST every day, give or take 30 seconds. The interface this goes over is up/up, and the carrier sees no errors on the circuit.

It flaps one time each day, and comes up after a few seconds. Always at the same time. We can't figure out what might be doing this, any guesses?

Tech at the CO clocks in at 8:00am, begins his daily "checks" right away and your cable is what gets giggled during the "checks"

That's my off the wall guess :)

What is traffic normally like on the circuit/tunnel daily? Heavily used? Is this a link between datacenters? Could it be a traffic problem when some sort of high bandwidth file transfer kicks off? Heavy user logins?

Automated script backup of the router configs around that time?

Since you can set your watch by it, I would look for things that might be scheduled or always occur every day at that time or slightly before.

ragzilla
Sep 9, 2005

What's the connectivity at each site? Has this slowly been moving forward or has it been relatively stable at 8:05 for months?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
So I'm having a stupid layer 1 problem, I'm sure. I've got a 2811 and a 2821 with WIC-1DSU-T1-V2 cards in each. I've connected them with a straight through ethernet cable. I imagine I need a T1 crossover? I'd rather not create a crossover cable if I don't have to, but is that what the problem is?

Sojourner
Jun 6, 2007

Get In

Powercrazy posted:

So I'm having a stupid layer 1 problem, I'm sure. I've got a 2811 and a 2821 with WIC-1DSU-T1-V2 cards in each. I've connected them with a straight through ethernet cable. I imagine I need a T1 crossover? I'd rather not create a crossover cable if I don't have to, but is that what the problem is?

You're going to need to create a cross over cable. With a straight through you're putting the transmit against a transit and a receive against a receive. So your receive pins are always waiting for a transmission that's not coming and your transmit pins are sending transmissions and causing collisions.

I would like to also say that an ethernet straight through is fine, but t1 needs a different pinout for crossover, but it seems like you know that from your post.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Yea I was hoping there was a way to automagically swap pins within IOS, but I don't think that is the case. Oh well. Stupid legacy technology...

Sojourner
Jun 6, 2007

Get In

Powercrazy posted:

Yea I was hoping there was a way to automagically swap pins within IOS, but I don't think that is the case. Oh well. Stupid legacy technology...

There is something like it, but it's exclusive to Ethernet interfaces :(. Even then it doesn't give you the option to swap pins automatically, but rather if it's connected to a like device (router to router, switch to switch) with a straight through, it can change it's pins so you don't need a cross over. This is called auto mdix.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk389/tk214/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094781.shtml#appc

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

Powercrazy posted:

T1 crossover:

Swap pair [1,2] with [5,4]. Extra pins are not needed.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

To think all this time I've been avoiding the RJ45 T1 cards because I thought you needed some more specialized equipment to cross-connect them. I could have avoided buying all of these loving serial cables for my lab.

Oh well, at least I can simulate a frame switch convincingly.

Maybe this is a dumb question, but which side sets the clock in a T1 crossover?

some kinda jackal fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Apr 30, 2010

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
T1 clocking can be done by either side (even independently), though typically the provider equipment will provide the timing because as you start to aggregate multiple T1s into T3s and eventually into OC3+'s the timing gets more and more precise.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synchronous_optical_networking#Synchronization

inignot
Sep 1, 2003

WWBCD?

tortilla_chip posted:

sh run vrf NAME should get you what you need. It's supported on the 7600 platform.

I was thinking more along the lines of something that would grab that information network wide and aggregate it together. CiscoWorks has an MPLS tool. Has anyone used it or anything with similar capabilities?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/netmgtsw/ps5332/index.html

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

Martytoof posted:

To think all this time I've been avoiding the RJ45 T1 cards because I thought you needed some more specialized equipment to cross-connect them. I could have avoided buying all of these loving serial cables for my lab.

Nope. In fact I sometimes use a RJ45 jack, some cross connect wire and a plug.

CrazyLittle fucked around with this message at 00:47 on May 1, 2010

Harry Totterbottom
Dec 19, 2008
Need ideas.

I was planning on running eigrp across an IPSec w/ gre tunnel on an ASA. I just found out that you can't terminate gre on an asa.

So I'm left trying to figure out how the hell I can make this work.

I think I can run OSPF across the IPSec tunnel and then redistribute EIGRP into that. Or is there someway to get EIGRP working between 2 asa's over a tunnel that I am unable to find?

Alfajor
Jun 10, 2005

The delicious snack cake.
Help me understand something.
I have <public IP>. It was Natted to 10.0.2.20, but that server is being replaced by 10.0.3.16, so here's what I did to update my PIX:
code:
no static (inside,outside) <public IP> 10.0.2.20 dns netmask 255.255.255.255 0 0
static (inside,outside) <public IP> 10.0.3.16 dns netmask 255.255.255.255 0 0
If I'm outside our network, I can still ping and see our old public IP, but it's still going to 10.0.2.20 instead of 10.0.3.16.
I thought this kind of change would be immediate, so I'm confused as to what it takes for our public IP to get to the new internal IP of .3.16.

Richard Noggin
Jun 6, 2005
Redneck By Default
You have to run clear xlate to make the change take effect.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/pix/pix63/command/reference/s.html#wp1084248

6.3, YMMV

Alfajor
Jun 10, 2005

The delicious snack cake.
Aaaaaah, thank you! I had no idea about that one. :neckbeard:

ragzilla
Sep 9, 2005

Harry Totterbottom posted:

Need ideas.

I was planning on running eigrp across an IPSec w/ gre tunnel on an ASA. I just found out that you can't terminate gre on an asa.

I think I can run OSPF across the IPSec tunnel and then redistribute EIGRP into that. Or is there someway to get EIGRP working between 2 asa's over a tunnel that I am unable to find?

In 8.x you should be able to run EIGRP using about the same procedure you found for OSPF since it looks like they have static neighbors (which is the main feature you need to enable tunneling the protocol over IPsec).

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Harry Totterbottom posted:

Need ideas.

ASAs are not routers, so no GRE Tunnels (by design). Typically for Site to Site Tunnels you want to use ISRs or something similar. Or have a router behind the ASA.

You can still setup EIGRP/OSPF but they work differently, look up "receive only" for EIGRP and Nonbroadcast Multiaccess Networks for OSPF.

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

She was rubbing her ass all over my hands. They don't just do that for everyone.
Grimey Drawer
I've got a couple 3825s and 2821s with T1 WICs in them, used as PRIs for voice calls. We want to monitor the PRIs for utilization, but can't seem to find a way to do so.

Anyone have any ideas?

Syano
Jul 13, 2005

n0tqu1tesane posted:

I've got a couple 3825s and 2821s with T1 WICs in them, used as PRIs for voice calls. We want to monitor the PRIs for utilization, but can't seem to find a way to do so.

Anyone have any ideas?

As in just see how many channels are used at specific intervals? I apologize for not having an answer I was just curious to know what specifically you were looking to find out.

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

She was rubbing her ass all over my hands. They don't just do that for everyone.
Grimey Drawer

Syano posted:

As in just see how many channels are used at specific intervals? I apologize for not having an answer I was just curious to know what specifically you were looking to find out.

Yeah, pretty much. Keep an eye on utilization so we can decide whether capacity needs increasing or can be decreased for cost savings.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

n0tqu1tesane posted:

Yeah, pretty much. Keep an eye on utilization so we can decide whether capacity needs increasing or can be decreased for cost savings.

I'm not a voice guy, but if you have the routers setup for Call Management I'm positive there is some command related to number of calls etc.

If you want just periodic snapsots, you can use an SNMP trap, that will basically give you the output of "sh int ser0/0" or whatever for your T1 interfaces and then save the output with a script or something.

If you want something more detailed you'll have to use netflow or something like that.

Harry Totterbottom
Dec 19, 2008
Bleh, I wanted to avoid redistribution but I was able to get OSPF up and running between 2 of the links pretty painlessly. So I'll just redistribute as TAC is telling me it's not really possible to use eigrp across the ipsec tunnel.

The big picture is this is for secondary paths for voice traffic as well as provide some simple load balancing for some of the data traffic going into our data center to pull the strain off the T-1 pairs.

Beaucoup Haram
Jun 18, 2005

Just found some old Cisco gear laying around at work from an old contract that wasn't renewed, and they opted to just leave the stuff with us. I'm going to start setting up a CCNA lab for home; at the moment I've got:

2x 1721's w/ 32mb/16mb, 1 WIC 1enet + 1 WIC 1T serial each
2x PIX 501's
2x Aironet 1121
1x 871

Power cables / PSU's for all of them, one console cable (RJ45-Serial), one serial to dte cable. What's next ?

Update their IOS versions, sort out what cables I need and buy 2-3 switches ?

Beaucoup Haram fucked around with this message at 07:31 on May 4, 2010

snadsnad
Dec 31, 2002

XakEp posted:

I know it's usually implied but are you using IPSec with the GRE tunnel? If so, the default ISAKMP lifetime is 86,400 seconds (24 hours) which might cause the tunnel to flap while it regenerates new SA keys.

Now this part I haven't researched but maybe if you rekey the SA part of the ISAKMP/IKE transform sets at a particular time where it wouldn't be too harmful for the site to flap. I assume this would reset the countdown and make the time you re-entered the command as the new 24 hour interval.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
I'm doing something dumb but I don't know what. I'm setting up a simple GRE tunnel between two sites. And running EIGRP over them. However the network attached to each router will not be advertised across the tunnel.

In my case I've got 10.1.1.1/24 on one side and 10.2.2.1/24 on the other, and I'd like those routes to come up ion EIGRP.

Hub Router

interface Tunnel0
ip address 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0
ip mtu 1514
no ip next-hop-self eigrp 123
no ip split-horizon eigrp 123
tunnel source GigabitEthernet0/1
tunnel destination 20.2.2.2
router eigrp 123
network 10.1.1.0 0.0.0.255
network 192.168.1.0
auto-summary

Spoke Router

interface Tunnel0
ip address 192.168.1.2 255.255.255.0
tunnel source Serial0/0/0
tunnel destination 20.1.1.1
router eigrp 123
network 10.2.2.0 0.0.0.255
network 192.168.1.0
auto-summary

As far as I can tell those networks should both be advertised but they aren't :(

What is going on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry Totterbottom
Dec 19, 2008

Powercrazy posted:

I'm doing something dumb but I don't know what. I'm setting up a simple GRE tunnel between two sites. And running EIGRP over them. However the network attached to each router will not be advertised across the tunnel.

In my case I've got 10.1.1.1/24 on one side and 10.2.2.1/24 on the other, and I'd like those routes to come up ion EIGRP.

Hub Router

interface Tunnel0
ip address 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0
ip mtu 1514
no ip next-hop-self eigrp 123
no ip split-horizon eigrp 123
tunnel source GigabitEthernet0/1
tunnel destination 20.2.2.2
router eigrp 123
network 10.1.1.0 0.0.0.255
network 192.168.1.0
auto-summary

Spoke Router

interface Tunnel0
ip address 192.168.1.2 255.255.255.0
tunnel source Serial0/0/0
tunnel destination 20.1.1.1
router eigrp 123
network 10.2.2.0 0.0.0.255
network 192.168.1.0
auto-summary

As far as I can tell those networks should both be advertised but they aren't :(

What is going on?

Have you tried adding in the ip address of the neighbors under your eigrp process?