Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Gnang
Jan 28, 2009

Mr_Person posted:

I just started a new Realistic difficulty pacifist run with Shifter. I made it to Hell's Kitchen and took care of the situation in the 'Ton, and now the UNATCO troops out in the streets are just spontaneously falling to the ground unconscious as I walk past. :psyduck: They're also dropping weird loot, such as swords, zyme, and GEP guns. I'll try to record a video if it keeps happening because this is weird as hell.

Hmm I'm playing it for the first time on Realistic too, however not encountered the soldiers randomly falling unconscious, but I have been finding zyme and swords on their corpses after they have been killed by NSF troops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainWinky
Jun 13, 2001

Mr_Person posted:

I just started a new Realistic difficulty pacifist run with Shifter. I made it to Hell's Kitchen and took care of the situation in the 'Ton, and now the UNATCO troops out in the streets are just spontaneously falling to the ground unconscious as I walk past. :psyduck: They're also dropping weird loot, such as swords, zyme, and GEP guns. I'll try to record a video if it keeps happening because this is weird as hell.

Is it possible that you accidentally started a game on Unrealistic? (right-clicking Realistic changes it to Unrealistic)

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Mr_Person posted:

JC Tenton has gas.

Really, really, bad gas.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Thanks to the re-cut video I can't think of anything for the Real Name field other than "PROD".

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Whenever I leave UNATCO I take a drink from the water fountain. I suspect I'm not the only one.

Stump Truck
Nov 26, 2007
Why? Yes
Does the GOTY edition on Steam come with the soundtrack? If it does where is it saved?

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Am I the only one who always uses albino JC? The canon version just doesn't seem right any more, I can't play with him at all :smith:

I also bet that literally not one person has ever used Ginger JC.

SnipeBob
Dec 8, 2006

"You mechs may have copper wiring to reroute your fear of pain, but I've got nerves of steel."
The schedule... Yeah, sure.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

AXE COP posted:

Am I the only one who always uses albino JC? The canon version just doesn't seem right any more, I can't play with him at all :smith:

I used albino PROD the first time I played, but ever since then I always just go with the default.

Jetsetlemming
Dec 31, 2007

i'Am also a buetifule redd panda

ultra-inquisitor posted:

I've heard people say that you can. There's actually a gap in the glass which is there to let the sound propagate, and some people claim it's possible to snipe them. But then the game crashes when it next needs to load Bob, because it's not expecting him to be dead. I've not seen it done, though.

Nah, the best thing to do with Maggie is to set her alight, and she'll often run straight out of the window.
The gap's not for sound, it's so you can't see into the VOID through the edges of the window. If the window brush was flush against the frame, the game engine would ignore the surface in between them, and not draw it, and instead you'd see through the wall at that point. Like this:

This doesn't apply to breakable glass (including glass made as "breakable glass" that's set as invulnerable) which is ignored when the map's compiled and surfaces like the ones between the glass and frame are removed for performance.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
I go with the pony tailed JC with grey streaks in his hair myself.

Le Sean
Feb 18, 2006
Magazines call me a Rockstar, Girls call me Cockstar
Only canon JC is black JC. Playing the game like Sam Jackson is incredibly liberating.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
I'm using Biomod and the Spy Drone is balls out awesome now. Breaking that thing out and sneaking it around corners and up to computers so I can remotely hack them makes me feel like a goddamn cyborg. It's great.

AXE COP posted:

I used to play with the haggard 5 o'clock shadow JC, but have lately been playing with the canon JC and it feels more "right" to me now. This is how JC is supposed to look. :911:

And yeah, I'd also love to see a "JC model popularity" graph.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Apr 28, 2010

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Le Sean posted:

Only canon JC is black JC. Playing the game like Sam Jackson is incredibly liberating.
It would've been amazing if they had him do the voice acting just for that character.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

AXE COP posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1ubWxcj2FU

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money
I've been (re)playing using Shifter and Biomod.

Unrealistic on Shifter (right click Realistic when choosing a difficulty) is hilarious when you use the MP section to change your model to one of the homeless guys.

When you hide from the NSF and one of them "sees" you (but doesn't aggro), they'll sometimes say "I think it was just a homeless guy."

I was also killed by a dog that had picked up a shotgun from an NSF guy I killed. After I killed that dog (and collected his shotgun ammo), I killed his dog friend down the block and looted $77 from his corpse.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009
I said it before, but non-draining always-on Run Silent is satisfying and hilarious. Combined with good Low-Tech skill and the Blackjack, I'm waiting til guys turn away, running full pelt at them and then smacking them over the head. Suppressing the urge to yell "Oh Yeah!" as I do.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
Look at this crazy bastard, Deus Ex played all the way through with no items, weapons, augs or skills at all. He just picks up crates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAVRpvgYVMg
Part one of many http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAVRpvgYVMg

SkellingTon Loc
Oct 24, 2005

I was feelin' horny and ornery hornery
What's the trigger that makes the UNATCO troops at HQ tell you that you didn't help them out in Hell's Kitchen? Does it have to do with how many UNATCO troops left alive after the fight or if you used lethal weapons or not or what?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

SkellingTon Loc posted:

What's the trigger that makes the UNATCO troops at HQ tell you that you didn't help them out in Hell's Kitchen? Does it have to do with how many UNATCO troops left alive after the fight or if you used lethal weapons or not or what?

Usually in the game it's triggered by you crossing a certain threshold without certain things happening. Were there still enemies alive when you entered the Clinic?

Stump Truck
Nov 26, 2007
Why? Yes
Holy poo poo I'm totally playing unrealistic mode when I have a chance. That's the coolest thing ever.

Hard Clumping
Mar 19, 2008

Y'ALL BREADY
FOR THIS

Dr Snofeld posted:

I said it before, but non-draining always-on Run Silent is satisfying and hilarious. Combined with good Low-Tech skill and the Blackjack, I'm waiting til guys turn away, running full pelt at them and then smacking them over the head. Suppressing the urge to yell "Oh Yeah!" as I do.

Why suppress it? S'cool.

Doug Lombardi
Jan 18, 2005

SkellingTon Loc posted:

You can't actually help them.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Doug Lombardi posted:

You can't actually help them.

I can remember one time i sprinted over to the fight and took out a bunch of NSF and people at HQ said I was a hero

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

Dr ShinyDistraction posted:

I can remember one time i sprinted over to the fight and took out a bunch of NSF and people at HQ said I was a hero
Yeah, you can totally help them if you're genocidal. I think you personally have to kill a certain number of terr'ists, like maybe 3.

tolerabletariff
Jul 3, 2009

Do you think I'm spooky?

Weedle posted:

jcdenton
bionicman

It's burned into my brain.

Anyone else use this username/password combo for random stuff? Nothing important (shouldn't be too hard for someone to guess the password with that username) but I still use it from time to time.

I know I ALWAYS used it as my username/password for Uplink (Hacker Elite). And yeah, I got the Deus Ex theme for that game, too :cool:.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
When I try and run the Steam version of this in windowed mode it goes really hugely dark. I can not make out anything that is going on. Is there a work around for this?

Stump Truck
Nov 26, 2007
Why? Yes
that's actually a great idea, i'm the only person I know who plays Deus Ex. And I realized the other day that it's actually JCD/bionicman. I tried jcdenton at least 3 times before checking my notes.

^^^ Why are you running it in windowed mode?

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

Stump Truck posted:

that's actually a great idea, i'm the only person I know who plays Deus Ex. And I realized the other day that it's actually JCD/bionicman. I tried jcdenton at least 3 times before checking my notes.

^^^ Why are you running it in windowed mode?

Because I'm sick like that.

Actual reason is that I like to alt tab between it and stuff without having to wait :(

CaptainWinky
Jun 13, 2001

AXE COP posted:

Fellow Albino JC user checking in. I can't imagine my badass nanoaug superfreak as anything but an albino anymore.

Retro-Future Rodent
Jul 30, 2008

Ranked 9327th out of 9328 players worldwide.

AXE COP posted:

As a ginger myself, I almost always pick Ginger JC. We're an under represented minority in games, man :cryingGingerinfrontofFlag: :britain:

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.
College Slice
Someone mentioned carrying a dead body into Jock's copter and yes, you can. I carried the real engineer's body over to him at the "A Bomb!" helipad to give him evidence of the chicanery going on and ended up on the roof with the body post flight after the discussion with the roof hottie was over.

Also drink from UNATCO water fountain.

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector
I go with the middle (brown) JC.

Fnoigy
Apr 9, 2007

I'm fine. Why do you ask?
Call me stupid, but is this "Unrealistic" difficulty real, or is it just a joke that popped up here?

Also, I like the song that features the sound you can make by holding one end of a ruler against a table and slapping the free end.

*B-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D* :rock:

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.

Sten Freak posted:

Someone mentioned carrying a dead body into Jock's copter and yes, you can. I carried the real engineer's body over to him at the "A Bomb!" helipad to give him evidence of the chicanery going on and ended up on the roof with the body post flight after the discussion with the roof hottie was over.

Also drink from UNATCO water fountain.

You can also bring Lebedev through almost all of the game, I think.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Fnoigy posted:

Call me stupid, but is this "Unrealistic" difficulty real, or is it just a joke that popped up here?

Also, I like the song that features the sound you can make by holding one end of a ruler against a table and slapping the free end.

*B-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D* :rock:

it's a Shifter feature that gives every character random items and poo poo, so you get hobos with plasma guns

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Captain Novolin posted:

You can also bring Lebedev through almost all of the game, I think.

All of the game, if you're of the tenacious sort.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Tanith posted:

I go with the middle (brown) JC.

I, too, go with brown or macho-tan JC because I myself am brown and also he has the badass scar on his forehead. I mean, would you gently caress with that guy? Hell naw.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

I think I'm going to play as black JC when I do my Shifter run.

My rule for killing in Deus Ex is that it dies if it makes my crosshairs turn red. No mercy, motherfuckers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

modestduty posted:

Anyone else use this username/password combo for random stuff? Nothing important (shouldn't be too hard for someone to guess the password with that username) but I still use it from time to time.

I know I ALWAYS used it as my username/password for Uplink (Hacker Elite). And yeah, I got the Deus Ex theme for that game, too :cool:.

I used smashthestate as my main password for about a year. It was nifty.