Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Tsaven Nava posted:

JESUS loving CHRIST I NEED THAT. I MUST HAVE IT. I DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE COST.

those girls weren't smiling at you, they were laughing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande
Shut the gently caress up, I will look cool as hell.

(And anything's an improvement over my current neon-yellow Olympia suit)

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Anyone who wears the superhero motorcycle gear is :goonsay: to the max.

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?
Hey guys, they sold out of the batman suit, so me and a friend made our own. I think they're just as good check em out.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

And now we know how Suzuki came up with the design for the Hayabusa.

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

Phat_Albert posted:

Anyone who wears the superhero motorcycle gear is :goonsay: to the max.

Super High Visibility Man isn't a superhero is he?

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008

Tsaven Nava posted:

(And anything's an improvement over my current neon-yellow Olympia suit)

Neon Yellow Olympia?

You don't ride a BMW do you?

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

PadreScout posted:

Neon Yellow Olympia?

You don't ride a BMW do you?

Vstrom, duh.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Z3n posted:

Vstrom, duh.

GS lite

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Retarded Pimp posted:

GS lite

You know, I think if if a kid saw Batman riding a vstrom, he'd just think batman was a fag. "Superheroes are gay now!"

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Ola posted:

To be fair, you got the only good one. "Enter the 36 combustion chambers" doesn't flow that well.
:smug:

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back

Doctor Zero posted:

Why do they do that (put the foot out)?

Foot out vs knee down...

You have to do one or the other, if you don't hang off the bike you'll scrape pegs (assuming you're fast of course). If you have your foot on the peg when it starts scraping it could unsettle the suspension, or more likely, scare the crap out of you.

At first I thought that most riders are faster putting their foot out because a lot of them have dirt backgrounds, but I quickly found that I was faster and more comfortable going foot out than knee down too. The tracks tend to be so tight and corners so close together that you really wear yourself out trying to switch from one side of the bike to the other when hanging off.

Also, the lines tend to be different than those used in road racing, on a tight 180 degree corner rider A on the 'road racing' line that goes from the outside, to the apex, and back to the outside, will find that rider B who dove straight in for the apex will be in his way, forcing him to slow down. While rider A will be carrying more corner speed out of the corner, he won't have enough time to pass rider B before they get to the next corner.

Rider C who took a similar line to rider B, but with the back wheel sliding out sideways, is in an even better position to drive out of the corner, or if rider C happens to be me, highside.

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe
For me, the front always felt more stable for me when I would hang the inside leg out braking then turning through the corner on my DRZ. Also, instead of sitting on the inside of the bike when cornering you are counter-leaning the bike and able to sit above the bike. For me this made more sense on a supermoto because if the bike got sideways or unsettled it was more easily correctable, at least for the way I ride.

There has actually been times on the GSXR where I went to hot into a corner and subconsciously ended up pulling my inside foot off the peg and lifting it up and out to get more weight on the front end. It's a subconscious reaction now.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Foot forward also helps move your weight forward on the bike, which is really big on supermotos. You can really get away with being lazy on a supersport, but that's not the case for sumos, if you don't get your weight up over the front it feels really odd.

Gnomad
Aug 12, 2008

pr0zac posted:

You can also use it to save yourself from a lowside. Stomp the ground real fast to push the bike back up a bit to get the tires to recatch. Least thats what dude at my SM class said.

I've done that, but keep in mind you risk turning a lowside into a highside.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Tsaven Nava posted:

I'm with Tsaven, sometimes you got to rock the Batman leathers.

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷
Knee out would let you use the rear brake in a right hand turn. Does the rear brake get used much in supermoto?

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
Scrapin the stunt cage.

Whoops. :downs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDPA4_xUac0&feature=related

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

The rear end cam is seriously the worst idea ever. Great, 10 seconds of "FIELDSHEER" before he falls off his bike. Also jesus just let go of the throttle, you're not going to do any good by getting dragged along with your bike.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
How will you be buried?

How about on your bike?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbpy0DWp1Co&feature=player_embedded

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat

Slim Pickens posted:

How will you be buried?

How about on your bike?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbpy0DWp1Co&feature=player_embedded

CA's vids u got.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
I half expected him to slide into oncoming traffic.

Here4DaGangBang
Dec 3, 2004

I beat my dick like it owes me money!

Z3n posted:

Also jesus just let go of the throttle, you're not going to do any good by getting dragged along with your bike.

That's the left hand we're looking at in the vid..

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Here4DaGangBang posted:

That's the left hand we're looking at in the vid..

That is...a very good point. But he didn't pull in the clutch, how is he supposed to save it and get back in the race? :colbert:

PyxlWyz
Jan 9, 2007

Ziploc posted:

Scrapin the stunt cage.

Whoops. :downs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDPA4_xUac0&feature=related

um... did anyone else notice the helmet in the rear end cam?
*edit* whoops that was the tank bag....

I wonder if he didn't let go, because his hand was pinched between the bar and clutch lever?

PyxlWyz fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Apr 28, 2010

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Endless Mike posted:

Well done :golfclap:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

eggyolk posted:

Super High Visibility Man isn't a superhero is he?

No, I mean, if you're wearing something modeled after Batman or Wolverine, thats :spergin: as all hell

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug
Nominating this for CA's background image.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

Endless Mike posted:

Dammit. I like yours and P_A's. I've got a couple I'm kicking back and forth, haven't found a great picture for the first one yet.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Endless Mike posted:

Hell yes son, now its a club!!

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back
Husqvarna released some information on the 2011 450.
The first Hus-MW or what have you. The bike pictured is pre-production, so some details will change, like the color.

The frame is new, the engine is sourced from the BMW G450X. The countershaft is concentric with swingarm pivot, like the G450X. This means that the chain tension is constant throughout the suspension movement. The rear suspension linkage is above the swingarm, like the G450X.

I just hope the valve cover is red in the production model :)

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷

Zool posted:

Husqvarna released some information on the 2011 450.
The first Hus-MW or what have you. The bike pictured is pre-production, so some details will change, like the color.

The frame is new, the engine is sourced from the BMW G450X. The countershaft is concentric with swingarm pivot, like the G450X. This means that the chain tension is constant throughout the suspension movement. The rear suspension linkage is above the swingarm, like the G450X.

I just hope the valve cover is red in the production model :)

That looks awesome! Doesn't the BMW G450X have ridiculously short maintenance intervals with mandatory dealer service to keep the warranty? I wonder how that would carry over to husky.

Drunk Pledge Driver
Nov 10, 2004

Zool posted:

The countershaft is concentric with swingarm pivot

In a set up like this wouldn't you want the chain to be pretty tight?

EDIT: Nvm, it appears to be! Changing out that front sprocket is probably a bitch.

Drunk Pledge Driver fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Apr 29, 2010

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
I love what bikes do with crazy brake disc designs.

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back

Gullous posted:

That looks awesome! Doesn't the BMW G450X have ridiculously short maintenance intervals with mandatory dealer service to keep the warranty? I wonder how that would carry over to husky.

All motocross bikes have ridiculous service intervals. The manual for my '04 Husky says to replace the connecting rod every 15 hours. I believe requiring a dealer to perform service to keep the warranty is illegal in the U.S.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Zool posted:

All motocross bikes have ridiculous service intervals. The manual for my '04 Husky says to replace the connecting rod every 15 hours. I believe requiring a dealer to perform service to keep the warranty is illegal in the U.S.

Someone post the .gif of the Husky engine's 5 cycles.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Now this sounds like a gif I want to see.

Intake, compression, ignition, exhaust, overhaul?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Ola posted:

Now this sounds like a gif I want to see.

Intake, compression, ignition, exhaust, overhaul?

drat son.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

Ola posted:

Intake, compression, ignition, exhaust, overhaul

:drat:

well played