Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
It's got some fatness of the arse and a horrible colour, but compared to most CRX's it's near perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001
Well, it may not be gold, but they think its worth its weight in gold.

Austin's only SL65 AMG BLACK.

Click here for the full 805x543 image.

http://austin.craigslist.org/ctd/1690161918.html

My guess is you wont see much demand for a $300,000 SL series when you could easily get an SLR for less.

Since the owner of this car probably will not care about the performance, can you imagine how galling it will be for them the first time someone confuses it with the $40,000 version their ex-wife drives?

Tai-Pan fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Apr 26, 2010

ursa_minor
Oct 17, 2006

I'm hella in tents.
HAhaha, dear god. 24 hours of Lemons, anyone?

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/1703339136.html

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

ursa_minor posted:

Wow, I almost wish I had $500 burning a hole in my pocket (and that I lived near SF :v: ).

Cheap Bourbon
Apr 13, 2010
poo poo, I have $500 burning a hole in my pocket, but the 3000 mile trip kills it....

:(
(drat, that 1980's NASA dash controls just get me all hard)

Oh well, back to the Grand drat possibility.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

ursa_minor posted:

How much does it cost to get keys made for a car that doesn't have any to begin with? Couple hundred?

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
Seems like it might be harder on an old car like that. You could always just rip out the lock cylinder and hardwire a start button. :v:

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

angryhampster posted:

How much does it cost to get keys made for a car that doesn't have any to begin with? Couple hundred?

I had a spare key cut for my similar era Mercedes for $35 shipped. I just had to supply a copy of my registration to prove I owned the car with that VIN. I dunno BMW keeps around old key cutting whatnots.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

deviant. posted:

Seems like it might be harder on an old car like that. You could always just rip out the lock cylinder and hardwire a start button. :v:

My boss has an old BMW that he starts with a screwdriver.

DOTA Uninstaller
Jul 13, 2005
Causing indigestion the world over.
How bad do I have to "really want it" to get this car for free?

1976 Datsun Nissan 280Z
Date: 2010-04-19, 9:04AM

What I have is a white 1976 Datsun ( Nissan ) 280Z. Its got 195k miles. Its not in very good shape. It runs the last time I tried to start it, but the clutch is bad, therefore not drivable. It would make a great parts car, as there are many straight clean body panels. Everything is original on it. If you really wanted it, that price is very negotiable. In other words, right now I am willing to give it someone. Photos available on request. 812 406-7027

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Original URL: http://louisville.craigslist.org/cto/1699136642.html

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

Spicy Chili posted:

How bad do I have to "really want it" to get this car for free?

1976 Datsun Nissan 280Z
Date: 2010-04-19, 9:04AM

What I have is a white 1976 Datsun ( Nissan ) 280Z. Its got 195k miles. Its not in very good shape. It runs the last time I tried to start it, but the clutch is bad, therefore not drivable. It would make a great parts car, as there are many straight clean body panels. Everything is original on it. If you really wanted it, that price is very negotiable. In other words, right now I am willing to give it someone. Photos available on request. 812 406-7027

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Original URL: http://louisville.craigslist.org/cto/1699136642.html

How much do you like working on cars? This is an old car, and will need lots of stuff. They're easy to work on and parts aren't expensive, but at that age and mileage you'll be putting in a lot of garage time. If you're not good with a wrench and/or don't enjoy working in the garage, this is not the car for you.

As far as how bad do you have to want it - just call him up and say you don't have any money but the Z is your dream car and you've always loved them and by the way you can be there in 20 minutes with a car hauler.

DOTA Uninstaller
Jul 13, 2005
Causing indigestion the world over.
Nah, just need it for a parts car for the '77 I already have. Just don't want to be sodomized to prove how much I "want it". But then again, there's not a whole lot compatible between the '76 and '77, is there? Pretty much need the r200 differential for my eventual RB swap, and maybe some trim pieces inside.

DOTA Uninstaller fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Apr 27, 2010

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

Spicy Chili posted:

Nah, just need it for a parts car for the '77 I already have. Just don't want to be sodomized to prove how much I "want it". But then again, there's not a whole lot compatible between the '76 and '77, is there? Pretty much need the r200 differential for my eventual RB swap, and maybe some trim pieces inside.

Just call him and offer some token amount of money, I'm sure he'll take it.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

angryhampster posted:

Older BMW lock barrels can be rebuilt to match a key. All you need is a pack of the shims and a key from another car, but having at least one compatible barrel to copy makes it a shitload easier.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Splizwarf posted:

$1500 would be a better deal. For $2000 with over 250k on it I'd expect it to not go through oil like that. Losing oil at all is not normal for Volvos, they don't do it unless there's something lovely and interesting wrong with them. Tell us if that oil is getting burnt or leaving the engine via various seals. If it's just seals (and the interior is tits, climate control stuff works, it's got speakers, the tires aren't dry-rotted) and you can get it for $1500, good enough, seals are all reasonable to replace and inexpensive. If it's burning the oil I'd keep shopping; seals are fun but I don't want to play with ugly problems (hosed rings? blown-by turbo bearings? new valves?) on a car that I just paid money for. Expecially if you want a new car because you don't want to pay for your current one's parts addiction.

Get him to replace the windshield, because you're probably not passing inspection with a huge wandering crack in it. Ask him what oil he's been running (don't lead him with a "hey do you run synthetic"), if they've been running non-synthetic with that turbo, keep shopping.

Yeah my '91 940 Turbo hasn't leaked a bit since I got it and runs great consistently. All that's left to fix is the cat-back since there's a hole near the muffler.

I'll probably be selling it by the end of summer, need another truck/van to replace the stolen El Camino and I'd rather get the Mustang back on the road and sell the Volvo at this point since they both need supreme. I'll post some info in the Volvo thread next month if anyone is interested.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
This keeps popping up on my local CL.

$4k for a "m" 6 series in what looks to be absolutely mint condition, inside and out:

http://louisville.craigslist.org/cto/1711471291.html

LCN
Jul 27, 2009
I'm sorry but I think I'm going to top the thread right here.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/ctd/1712630270.html

Click here for the full 1189x837 image.

Click here for the full 765x902 image.

LCN fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Apr 28, 2010

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD
An amazing gorgeous stunning stylish car?!
I'm hopping on a plane within the hour.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

revmoo posted:

$4k for a "m" 6 series in what looks to be absolutely mint condition, inside and out:

Too bad it doesn't have an S38 or M88 in it..

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Lightbulb Out posted:

Too bad it doesn't have an S38 or M88 in it..

yeah considering it's got a M30 swapped into it and they're mentioning rust, I don't know if its worth 4 grand

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

revmoo posted:

One of the best looking cars BMW ever made.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Is that 80's custom van not creepy enough for you? This guy has the answer to your prayers right here:

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/1709643397.html

Click here for the full 1159x847 image.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Sir Tonk posted:

Is that 80's custom van not creepy enough for you? This guy has the answer to your prayers right here:

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/1709643397.html

quote:

Includes a Freezer and a few ice creams.
:neckbeard:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Yeah, but how old are the ice creams?

More vans:

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/1693703696.html

So I could only take one photo and we really need to sell this bicycle...

Click here for the full 1174x751 image.

edit

I found the dream machine!

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/1715776006.html

Click here for the full 1159x992 image.

I want this for all the wrong reasons. I don't think I'd even drive it if I owned it. I certainly don't need to haul any horses.

edit edit

What's a tryler?

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/1686926165.html

Click here for the full 1159x901 image.

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Apr 29, 2010

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
4x4 bmw, project - $250
http://tulsa.craigslist.org/cto/1713555497.html

"Hot pink bmw on 78 wagoneer chassis. Power windows, power sunroof , tinted windows. It did have a straight 6 jeep motor in it, now its just a roller. Me and the wife used to tAke it to the 4wd rallies but i built a blazer now. No title, its a project but looks awesome when finished."

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
My dad had an old black custom van when I was a kid. Years later (last year) I was going through some boxes he'd left behind after the divorce, and stumbled onto a box full of magazines about vans from the 70s. It kinda blew my mind a little that enough people were into doing things with vans that there was a whole professionally-published magazine about it.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

My dad had an old black custom van when I was a kid. Years later (last year) I was going through some boxes he'd left behind after the divorce, and stumbled onto a box full of magazines about vans from the 70s. It kinda blew my mind a little that enough people were into doing things with vans that there was a whole professionally-published magazine about it.
Vanning was apparently so popular during the 1970s that there were entire movies based around the concept of owning or maintaining a custom van. It's like the Fast and the Furious, only nobody ever goes fast anywhere and they topple over in a strong breeze.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Vanning was apparently so popular during the 1970s that there were entire movies based around the concept of owning or maintaining a custom van. It's like the Fast and the Furious, only nobody ever goes fast anywhere and they topple over in a strong breeze.

Vansploitation.

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005

Seat Safety Switch posted:

imdb posted:

SUPERVAN

User Rating: 2.9/10

Tagline: Watch Your Donkey... Smokey's Gonna Getcha

I think I'm going to have to watch this now... and my donkey I guess :psyduck:

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

I know this is minor, but,

quote:

stero kit
car sterio instlation kit

And the PICTURE YOU TOOK HAS THE CORRECT SPELLING RIGHT THERE
:negative:

No wonder the guy is listing something he's asking $5 for (will probably take $3).

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sex Weirdo
Jul 24, 2007

Craigslist posted:

this is why vehicle prices are so high - $200 (all over )
Date: 2010-04-30, 8:04PM EDT
Reply to: sale-86uge-1718640551@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

the reason vehicle prices are so high is because of cash for clunkers it tok 750000 good used vehicles off the road and well think about it thats almost one million so there are not very many to go around so people who cant finance one are forced to pay the cost and eaven if you can finance one you still have to pay the high price because no one really wants to sell low when everyone is looking for a car they see the high prices and well BLUE BOOK vales means nothing something is only worth what some one is willing to pay so if the cars worth 500 blue book but they are selling for 1500 then well more than likely the seller will want his piece of the pie especially whaen he went out and bought a slightly newer car than the one hes selling and he got raped for it

I mean, I agree with him that beater car prices have been ridiculous lately, but I just assumed it was because of the recent massive influx of dealers + illiterate hillbillies.

As a corollary, does anyone know of a better alternative to craigslist, or has nothing materialized yet? Searching for cars and parts recently has been hellacious to say the least.

LITTO BIT ROST AND LITTO DAMAGE

$1800 for a JGC with a bad trans, bad front axle, and no title? :suicide:

Sex Weirdo fucked around with this message at 02:09 on May 1, 2010

Cheap Bourbon
Apr 13, 2010
$900 and I bring a trailer.....

Gold indeed

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Aceshighxxx posted:

I mean, I agree with him that beater car prices have been ridiculous lately, but I just assumed it was because of the recent massive influx of dealers + illiterate hillbillies.

I really don't think c4c did much to the use vehicle market other than taking a few thousand late 90's Explorers out of the system. Used cars have a tendency to not go below $1000 no matter what the year, unless they need major work.

Also, people are greedy.

Personally, I'd love to see a study that put together data from every Craigslist entry for a specific query for one major city in like a one year period. I'm sure you'd see trends based on time of year and probably would also see price fluctuations as well.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

trouser chili posted:

Vansploitation.

If I am ever forced to drive a van, mini or otherwise, you can bet your rear end it's going to have some badass mural painted on it. Like hell I'm gonna blend in with all the other Caravans or whatever. I guess it could be done by an art college or something, they're always looking for stuff what needs art-ifying.

AnomalousBoners
Dec 22, 2007

by Ozma

revmoo posted:

Thanks for posting a screen shot like it says to in the OP so that others could see it before it got deleted.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Clicky.

Is it bad that I want to see if he still has this and is still willing to sell it for under $1k? :v:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This one is fantastic.

http://fortwayne.craigslist.org/cto/1719788437.html

quote:

For sale: 1968 Mustang Fastback, c code, highland green, auto. ROUGH! only suitable for a coupe to fastback conversion. Dash parts still there, not all, cluster there with speedo, front seats, some fastback interior panels and metal trim. Photos tell story, sat since 1977. The vin tag is there on the dash and the doors are in storage, no glass at all. The door tag matches vin. NO TITLE!
Comes with two extra coupe doors in really decent shape
A set of front seats and a coupe set of rear seats.
Two nice Fenders that have no rust and need a little tlc around the wheel, (the had the wheel opening rolled in. for wide tires.
One nice non turn signal hood.
Two fastback trunk lids in useable condition
Two new quarter panel skins for 67 mustang
390 engine rods and pistons from 67 390 as well as 390 fly wheel.

All the extra parts are not pictured and stored inside......come and get it. Also I have many other parts for 67 68 mustangs.
NO TITLE. $1000 or best offer

This guy has been trying to sell this pile of rusted junk for over a year. He posted it without pictures and my buddy dragged me along to look at it. It's all rusted crap, floorboards are gone, the trunk is gone, rear fenders are rusted to hell. It's just a pile of junk sitting out where it gets rained and snowed on.

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755
That's well past any sort of restoration.

How is that even worth anything in his mind?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Matlock posted:

That's well past any sort of restoration.

How is that even worth anything in his mind?
It's a fastback sixties Mustang, and while it may not have a title, it does have a VIN.

If that's good enough to get an effectively built-from-new-shell-and-parts car classified as a "restoration" of a '68, I'd view it as well worth the money. For example, here in the UK, it would mean I could keep the car in a free annual taxation band, get classic insurance, and be permitted much lower standards at the annual MOT (roadworthiness) inspection. I'd pony up $1k for that.

Of course, maybe I'm overthinking things, and it's the stereotypical "Sixties musclecar = worth munny" old-bastard-with-field-of-deteriorating-classics psychology.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
http://saskatoon.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-2005-Dodge-Neon-SRT-4-W0QQAdIdZ201876245

Oh god why do I want to buy one of these cars? :gonk: I feel like my IQ lowers with every ad I read.