Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

M4gic
Aug 23, 2005

They say...hunger is the best spice!

Mcqueen posted:

Got my very own motorcycle today. 05' FZ600. Hooray!

Hey whats up FZ6 buddy! I couldn't be any happier with mine.

Click here for the full 2048x1536 image.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeftyChris
Mar 28, 2010

Mcqueen posted:

Got my very own motorcycle today. 05' FZ600. Hooray!

drat!'05 you say?Did the previous owner ever ride it anywhere?I cant get over how spotless it is!

DiZ
Jan 3, 2005

I am Dizzunk, Certified German Lubrication Technician.
Something about a bike on a stand is just awesome.

broadwayLamb
Apr 3, 2009

I was riding into Annapolis yesterday to get some photos of my bike near the waterfront and I ended up getting held up at the Eastport drawbridge when it opened to let some sailboats through. I was first in line. Figured I'd grab a quick pic of the bike on the bridge while I had the chance:

Click here for the full 1260x788 image.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat

M4gic posted:

Hey whats up FZ6 buddy! I couldn't be any happier with mine.

Click here for the full 2048x1536 image.

Looks great! I'm loving every second I'm not scared as poo poo getting run over. I definitely want to pick up a safety vest and hopefully some pants. Hopefully my bright red and white jacket does for now.

LeftyChris posted:

drat!'05 you say?Did the previous owner ever ride it anywhere?I cant get over how spotless it is!

Ya, it has 10k on it. The first owner cracked the front fairing and did a half rear end job respraying. When I clean it and hopefully post better pics you can clearly see the paint difference, but for a bike I will no doubt be dropping (hopefully in the driveway) I couldn't be happier. Its wired for battery tender, heated gear, has heated grips and a soft pack for the rack that's a perfect size for a twelve pack.

(I haven't taken it over 8k yet. The motorcycle gods are shamed.)

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
Pack some extra underwear for when you finally decide to wring it out.

elsanto
Apr 6, 2004

Hey, more FZ people, sweet. I just picked up an '06 FZ6 in blue last month.

Mcqueen posted:

Its wired for battery tender, heated gear, has heated grips and a soft pack for the rack that's a perfect size for a twelve pack.
Mine is stock. I want to do some of the mods you have, esp. the battery tender.

quote:

(I haven't taken it over 8k yet. The motorcycle gods are shamed.)
Hang on when you do. The power comes on quick.

wheres my beer
Apr 29, 2004

Tryin' to catch me ridin' dirty
Fun Shoe

Slim Pickens posted:

A GIS for SR400 turns up some awesome customs, too.

Holy poo poo I love those tires.

double ether
Sep 17, 2002
Went for a ride through Mt. Hood Nat'l Forest. The plan was to do a make a make a big loop, utilizing some of the paved forest roads. Unfortunately, there was still snow on the ground at higher elevation so we had to turn back. Can't wait for warmer weather.

Got all artsy with the SV and the longest exposure setting on my point and shoot. Couple of changes since this shot: bar end mirrors and frame sliders are now on.

Got the SV back in December after taking the MSF course. It's my first bike and I gotta say I'm loving every second of riding it. Only downside is how loud it is. PO went to the trouble of putting on the Scorpion exhaust and a power commander only to debaffle it :psyduck:.

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008

Miso Beno posted:

Holy poo poo I love those tires.

Holy poo poo I love that bike. That is a loving classy looking machine, I wish I had one.

DiZ posted:

Something about a bike on a stand is just awesome.

Why is the kickstand down if it's on a ... rolley stand ... thing(the gently caress are those called?)?

Bird-o-matic
Apr 19, 2007

its u, your the one, the rill dill
i look into ur eyes and i see

:ccb:

PadreScout posted:

Why is the kickstand down if it's on a ... rolley stand ... thing(the gently caress are those called?)?

Paddock stand. It makes it easier when you're taking it off the stand by yourself.

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY CUBIC CENTIMETERS
I put my kickstand up with the bike on a rear stand once and almost forgot to put the kickstand back down when I was taking it off the stand. I just leave the kickstand down now.

DiZ
Jan 3, 2005

I am Dizzunk, Certified German Lubrication Technician.

PadreScout posted:

I was cleaning the chain so I had the side stand down and out of the way.

But yeah you need it down for when you take if off the stand by yourself.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Everybody's had that moment of panic whilst taking it off a paddock stand on their own, when you're lowering it back on to the sidestand and it takes a little longer than you think it should.

Sharp_angus
Aug 10, 2005

I just love the game. I can't get enough of hackey!
When you've got the bike up on just a rear paddock stand, is it better to have the front wheel straight, turned to the kickstand side, or turned enough to be able to lock the forks?

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Single-sided swingarms make it pretty much impossible to accidentally set the bike down without the kickstand down and lose it, as the bike can't rock off the stand and you can't remove the stand from the bike until all the weight is off it. You'd have to really try. I don't miss that little moment of panic when your bike starts to act like it's going to fall.

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back
It wouldn't be that hard, I almost did it to your Ducati one... er yeah it would be impossible.

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?
When I take my bike off the stand I just sit on the bike, stick my foot in front of the stand wheel, and push it forward. Pops the stand off easy.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Sharp_angus posted:

When you've got the bike up on just a rear paddock stand, is it better to have the front wheel straight, turned to the kickstand side, or turned enough to be able to lock the forks?

I usually have it straight so that it's easy to roll it on and off the stand. Plus then I can push it around in my garage. I wouldn't think it really matters though.

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

Gnaghi posted:

When I take my bike off the stand I just sit on the bike, stick my foot in front of the stand wheel, and push it forward. Pops the stand off easy.

I do this but I also have the bike turned on and the engine revved to 10k.

Note: Don't actually do this

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back

pr0zac posted:

I do this but I also have the bike turned on and the engine revved to 10k.

How to launch a Vino.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

double ether posted:

Got the SV back in December after taking the MSF course. It's my first bike and I gotta say I'm loving every second of riding it. Only downside is how loud it is. PO went to the trouble of putting on the Scorpion exhaust and a power commander only to debaffle it :psyduck:.
Can you get replacements from Scorpion? Personally I think they sound great with no baffles in.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Apr 27, 2010

bung
Dec 14, 2004

I finally took some proper pictures of the Hypermotard.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Nice pictures! Did you finally get the brake issue resolved to your satisfaction?

bung
Dec 14, 2004

Z3n posted:

Nice pictures! Did you finally get the brake issue resolved to your satisfaction?

Thanks. AMS finally got me fixed up on the first try.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
You know bikes can lean over?

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

2ndclasscitizen posted:

You know bikes can lean over?

:iceburn:

To be fair though, mine were pretty wide after a whole winter on rain-unfriendly tires. All fixed on the rain-friendly ones though :D

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

ReelBigLizard posted:

:iceburn:

To be fair though, mine were pretty wide after a whole winter on rain-unfriendly tires. All fixed on the rain-friendly ones though :D

I've got hilariously bad chicken strips on the DRZ right now...ancient rear metzler combined with a slightly too large rear tire. I look like a superstar.

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?
Mine are almost gone on the Ninja and 100% street only! I wonder what this would be if I had those indicator tires with the elephant?

Click here for the full 1200x900 image.

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

bung posted:

I finally took some proper pictures of the Hypermotard.

Good christ I wish that bike had real supermotard style suspension. Its seriously the sexiest looking thing on two wheels.

Edit: My CBR's tires are square now cause all I do on it is ride 100 round trip to work a few days a week. Need to put new rubber on it before track season.

Radio-Controlled
Mar 31, 2005
The man for the job.
2001 Suzuki Katana 750. My first bike. Picking her up today.

Chill_Bebop
Jun 20, 2007

Waffle SS

Radio-Controlled posted:

2001 Suzuki Katana 750. My first bike. Picking her up today.

2001 be damned, Katanas always look permanently 1990's

Oakey
Dec 29, 2000

I'm a stupid fucking cunt

Chill_Bebop posted:

2001 be damned, Katanas always look permanently 1990's

Suzuki really didn't change that bike at all since the last update in the 90's. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, they are tanks.

Nice bike Radio, I had an '03 as my first bike. I think it's a good choice. Even now that I have a literbike, I've kept my Katana around as a long-distance and commuting bike. Not that I couldn't ride the literbike to work, but I wouldn't want to leave it parked on the street all day.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Crossposting from SV thread

My second bike. :)

Fantastipotamus
Nov 19, 2002

Nothing's wrong. Nothing is wrong. Everything is on track.

kylej posted:

Crossposting from SV thread

My second bike. :)
Nice SV! How are you enjoying the carb -> EFI switch? Any noticeable difference?

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Fantastipotamus posted:

Nice SV! How are you enjoying the carb -> EFI switch? Any noticeable difference?

Thanks! You mean performance wise? Not enough for a scrub rider like me to feel. I will never ever go back to carbs just because of how nice it is to not worry about warming the motor up before moving. I keep scaring myself whenever I let off the throttle while the bike is cool. On my little Ninja I had to get the revs up to prevent the motor from stalling. Now I start and go.

In a way it feels easier to ride than the Ninja. The extra weight makes holding a line in a corner a pleasure. Only thing I really have to get used to is staying gentle on throttle inputs. I have a heavy hand after flogging the 250 for many miles. My current sloppy shifting brings me back to the days of learning to drive a stick shift.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

kylej posted:

Only thing I really have to get used to is staying gentle on throttle inputs. I have a heavy hand after flogging the 250 for many miles.

This is what has me worried for when I eventually get a bigger bike. I'm so used to just whacking the throttle all the way open to get anywhere that it's going to be a hard habit to break.

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

frozenphil posted:

This is what has me worried for when I eventually get a bigger bike. I'm so used to just whacking the throttle all the way open to get anywhere that it's going to be a hard habit to break.

You still do that on liter bikes. Just gotta get used to going faster.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat

Jack the Smack posted:

You still do that on liter bikes. Just gotta get used to going faster.

Haha, is that AV new? Fuckin awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Resmarted
May 13, 2008
firstbike post (crud pics)

In background - '83 Sportster --- not pictured - bro's modified '79 XS750
Really enjoying it but I keep eyeing all the sportier bikes.