Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

I'm confused. Is Rich just making a joke about a slavedrivers union, or is this some kind of obtuse statement about the current political theater?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Hahahaha

Yadoppsi
May 10, 2009
Shame, a good set up for the end ruined by a rehashing of tiresome :argh: UNIONS :jerkbag: sentiment.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

Yadoppsi posted:

Shame, a good set up for the end ruined by a rehashing of tiresome :argh: UNIONS :jerkbag: sentiment.

Uh, I didn't get the :arrg: unions bit at all. Saying the situation is unfair and that it works out for them and that they feel sorry for them doesn't scream anti labor union to me.

Eschers Basement
Sep 13, 2007

by exmarx
Jesus Christ.

Burlew added a throw-away one-liner as a caption to the strip in which he references the American Revolution which was started by the Boston Tea Party which must mean he's making a sly commentary on the current Tea Party activists AMIRITE GUYS?????????

No wait Burlew is making a joke about how silly it would be for such a useless and non-productive group such as slavedrivers to form a union and strike for better wages which must mean he thinks all people who have ever formed a union and strived for better conditions ARE NO BETTER THAN SLAVEDRIVERS AMIRITE GUYS????????

Let's just get the discussion to where it's going to go eventually: what alignment do you think Sarah Palin is?

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Eschers Basement posted:

Let's just get the discussion to where it's going to go eventually: what alignment do you think Sarah Palin is?

Lawful good. :colbert:

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Mystic Mongol posted:

Is that a Lawful Stupid joke? I can't tell...

The Werle
Aug 8, 2005

Fireworks for Christmas is absolutely American

Mystic Mongol posted:

Shooting dire wolves from holy helicopters

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Eschers Basement posted:

Neo-Conservative Christian.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

True Neutral, obviously. Isn't that the default for all beings with an intelligence score of 4?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

DrakePegasus posted:

True Neutral, obviously. Isn't that the default for all beings with an intelligence score of 4?
Aaaaaaaaaaand scene.

SithDrummer
Jun 8, 2005
Hi Rocky!

Eschers Basement posted:

True American.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Seems Chaotic Neutral to me.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

This is the worst discussion in the history of this thread.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

terminal mehmet posted:

This is the worst discussion in the history of this thread.

I believe that the discussion is Chaotic Evil because it is both bad and not within the bounds of the stated topic.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Hang on, I gotta install my remove Cliff Racers patch on the internet.

TampaTango
Apr 12, 2007

COMICS CRIMINAL

what discussion?

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer
New comic:

It's a better idea than Bill and Ted's, I guess.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Gorbash posted:

New comic:

It's a better idea than Bill and Ted's, I guess.

Who would judge a wet t-shirt contest between death and some lady?

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Probably a bunch of dead souls. Although Death probably gets to pick who, exactly. Dude always has stuff weighted in his favor.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

terminal mehmet posted:

Probably a bunch of dead souls. Although Death probably gets to pick who, exactly. Dude always has stuff weighted in his favor.
What's he gonna do, find a bunch of exposed rib fetishists?

I love that last panel, just for the expression on the warrior's face. She's clearly been sitting on that one since the day she started adventuring.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

All he needs is a bunch of necro-fetishists. I'm sure he could find enough just in a 10 year span of people dying in Germany.

This is a horrible conversation, though. Let's not go further down this trail.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

terminal mehmet posted:

All he needs is a bunch of necro-fetishists. I'm sure he could find enough just in a 10 year span of people dying in Germany.

This is a horrible conversation, though. Let's not go further down this trail.

I wonder if they covered this in the Book of Erotic Fantasy. I can't believe we live in a world where that is a question a human can ask.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

SlimGoodbody posted:

I wonder if they covered this in the Book of Erotic Fantasy. I can't believe we live in a world where that is a question a human can ask.

Of course, pages 37-38. It deals with the issues of sentient and nonsentient undead. :eng101:

sansuki
May 17, 2003

Who are the graven images on the altar?

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Party Membership is a Democracy, The Weave is Not.

A fledgling vampire? How about a dragon, or some half-kobold druids? Perhaps a spontaneous sex change? Anything that can happen, will happen the results will be beyond entertaining.

Poil posted:

Of course, pages 37-38. It deals with the issues of sentient and nonsentient undead. :eng101:

You're joking, right?

Right??

Um... guys... I don't think I can like D&D anymore.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Vorgen posted:

You're joking, right?

Right??

Um... guys... I don't think I can like D&D anymore.
There's like a million D&D books and they cover just about everything. Imagine D&D as being written 10% of the time by serious, intelligent designers and 90% of the time being written by the kind of person that like harry potter/lion king slash fanfiction.

Try not to hold it against D&D; its the victim. Decades of being the victim.

Amused Frog
Sep 8, 2006
Waah no fair my thread!
Plus the book of erotic fantasy wasn't official in any way and was just put up as a fan made ebook.

Donraj
May 7, 2007

by Ralp
The Book of Vile Darkness, on the other hand...

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

Donraj posted:

The Book of Vile Darkness, on the other hand...

The BoVD isn't particularly grognardy, though. There's really nothing worse in it than what we've already seen Xykon, Sabine, and V do (or talk about.)

Actually now that I think about it, the same is true of the BoEF. I mean, this is a comic with interspecies sex, as well as a recurring character who has sex with the undead, and that doesn't seem to bother anyone.

Ashenai fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Apr 30, 2010

sfwarlock
Aug 11, 2007

Amused Frog posted:

Plus the book of erotic fantasy wasn't official in any way and was just put up as a fan made ebook.

I can't believe I know this... but you're wrong.

Yes, there was a net.book D&D guide to sex, which (hopefully) most people just giggled at and went away.

But that's not what they're talking about.

I know this. :suicide:

Amused Frog
Sep 8, 2006
Waah no fair my thread!

Ashenai posted:

The BoVD isn't particularly grognardy, though. There's really nothing worse in it than what we've already seen Xykon, Sabine, and V do (or talk about.)

Actually now that I think about it, the same is true of the BoEF. I mean, this is a comic with interspecies sex, as well as a recurring character who has sex with the undead, and that doesn't seem to bother anyone.

It hasn't given pages upon pages of rules detailing the acts, what rolls you have to make and what possible effects there are either.

It's like the difference between a player saying "oh yeah my guy takes a dead body into his tent and screws it because he's a sick bastard" and "I gently run my fingers along the decaying cheek of my undead lover. I'm going to roll a sensual touch check to see if I bring life to his flacid member."

Edit:

sfwarlock posted:

Yes, there was a net.book D&D guide to sex, which (hopefully) most people just giggled at and went away.

Well, poo poo. Why couldn't you have left me blissfully ignorant?

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
The BoEF was still not an official book from Wizards of the Coast. It just used the OGL.

Gassire
Dec 30, 2004

"They're people. Deeply flawed, yes, but deeply human too. And maybe that's saying the same thing."

sfwarlock posted:

Sadly about 90% of the BoEF was lifted whole cloth from the netbooka nd updated for 3rd.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Ashenai posted:

The BoVD had a feat, Lichloved, that gave you protection from undead sustained by regularly having sex with them.

Just saying.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

Lord Commissar posted:

The BoEF was still not an official book from Wizards of the Coast. It just used the OGL.

The BoEF is also the sole reason the new 4th edition license is so bad.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

HKR posted:

Is that true?

I guess it makes some sense.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

In the way that a man who was once bit by a house spider now wages a one-man war against all arachnid kind by unleashing a deadly neuro-toxin into the air 'makes sense', sure. There is a definite, observable sequence of events.

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!

HKR posted:

If by "bad" you mean "not giving away the license to anyone so they can compete against WotC with their own brand" then yeah, bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Then there's that whole thing about "If you use the 4E License, you must convert all your products to 4E and no longer sell 3.5E-based products" thing. Did that ever get axed?