Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uberwekkness
Jul 25, 2008

You have to train harder to make it to nationals.
Edit: Never mind. Derp.

uberwekkness fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Apr 29, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scary Ned
Mar 16, 2007

very scary
That is NOT a mutt!

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

It's shedding season! Yayyyy!

Click here for the full 800x600 image.

Warbadger fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Apr 29, 2010

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
This is my mutt, Bindi. Apparently she is a Yorkipoo. Her hair gets pretty darn curly when it's long. She's tiny but also has a strangely long torso and legs. Oh and she's the best.

With snow on her face (She loves it)

I've wondered if maybe she has some scottie in her or something

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation

dkhertz posted:

This is my first ever mutt, Mike Tyson. It took a week to come up with that name, we weren't really expecting to get a dog. He's a chi-mix, but he's already bigger than any chihuahua I've ever seen at only 3.5 months. We have a big rear end 9 year old chihuahua to compare to for measure and he's already her size. He also has the biggest goofy paws I've ever seen on a small dog. Can't seem to find a good pic of the paws though, they're like 3-4 times the size of the chihuahua's tiny paws, it's ridiculous.

Here's some pics from 8 weeks to about a week ago, so 3months 1week. He was the runt, and stood out because of his coat and small size, and when he hid under me to get away from his siblings stomping him I pretty much knew I was getting another dog.

Eehheh "chi-mix" my butt. Looks Pitty as hell.

HondaCivet
Oct 16, 2005

And then it falls
And then I fall
And then I know

Warbadger posted:

I am so jealous of your awesome wolfdog (yes I know it's not really a wolf). :swoon: Well, except for said shedding season. I think I'd get over it though.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!

Warbadger posted:

She's so adorable :3: Luckily Kaidan hasn't started blowing his coat again yet. I really need to pick up some new grooming tools as per WolfensteinBag's recommendations. He also needs to get into a groomer soon.

Cultured Snail
Sep 19, 2006
tasteful
We adopted this guy last summer from a shelter calling him an Aussie shep. We think he looks a little more like a Catahoula leopard dog but who knows what else is in there.

Click here for the full 705x677 image.

Click here for the full 534x800 image.

Click here for the full 534x800 image.

ArmadilloConspiracy
Jan 15, 2010

Cultured Snail posted:

We adopted this guy last summer from a shelter calling him an Aussie shep. We think he looks a little more like a Catahoula leopard dog but who knows what else is in there.

Stilt-mutt spotted! I wouldn't be surprised if there was some sighthound in that one.

adventure in the sandbox
Nov 24, 2005

Things change

I see a bit of Great Dane.

Little Moose
Feb 1, 2009
Here is Moose on the first day we got him home from the pound. He is supposedly 4 1/2 months old and I think they told us he was Heeler/Border Collie but they have no idea because he was a stray.

Here he is outside a month later maybe while my fiance and I are getting our engagement photos taken

And a Few others

I wish I knew what breed he was because people are always asking me. Also he is about 56 lbs at 14 months old so he is a good medium sized dog and enjoys herding other dogs around when playing outside.

Terrestrial Octopus
Nov 5, 2008

kirk3773 posted:

*adorable dog*

I wish I knew what breed he was because people are always asking me. Also he is about 56 lbs at 14 months old so he is a good medium sized dog and enjoys herding other dogs around when playing outside.

Heeler/Border Collie sounds right. Both in size/looks and in the herd-y play habits.

Terrestrial Octopus
Nov 5, 2008

Cultured Snail posted:

*pics*

I vote harlequin Dane x black Lab.

Cultured Snail
Sep 19, 2006
tasteful

Terrestrial Octopus posted:

I vote harlequin Dane x black Lab.
We get a lot of "oh man is he a great dane" but he is only 56 pounds and around 26" at the shoulder. He can be my micro-dane.

Obligatory puppy pic

Click here for the full 600x800 image.

Dr. Video Games 0117
May 25, 2006
On dates I like to...

Warbadger posted:

Golly. Low content post incoming, but where did you get him/her? He/she's a really nice looking mutt.

BOrangeFury
Feb 18, 2005

by T. Fine

CherryCola posted:

This is my mutt, Bindi. Apparently she is a Yorkipoo. Her hair gets pretty darn curly when it's long. She's tiny but also has a strangely long torso and legs. Oh and she's the best.

With snow on her face (She loves it)

I've wondered if maybe she has some scottie in her or something

I was wondering how the alternate universe 'Good' Bindi was doing!

Evil doppleganger Bindi is doing well here. She just got her summer haircut. I'd post a pic, but the card reader is missing x.x

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa

BOrangeFury posted:

I was wondering how the alternate universe 'Good' Bindi was doing!

Evil doppleganger Bindi is doing well here. She just got her summer haircut. I'd post a pic, but the card reader is missing x.x

So happy to hear she's doing well! I haven't seen my Bindi since January, since she can't live with me in Texas. :( So she's been hanging out with grandma for the time being. But I'm moving back at the end of this month, which means unlimited puppy time!!!

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Terrestrial Octopus posted:

I got a dog! :neckbeard:

This was a few pages back but I just wanna say goddamn that is a cool looking dog.

Synnr
Dec 30, 2009
So is it cool if I post pictures of my rescued mutt? I mean..she is sort of a mutt, but appears (to us anyway) a very obvious Greyhound/German Shepherd. She's puuurrtyy, I promise!

Im Not A Goon
May 10, 2006
So I still am not sure what type of dog this is... I know it's a Boxer, because his dad was a purebred boxer. The mom, however looked like a mutt to me. He has very large paws that turn outwards when he sits down and he's very clumsy. What is he mixed with?

These pictures were all from about 6 months old.. he weighed about 60 lbs in them and I think he's probably around 65 lbs now (7 months)

Im Not A Goon fucked around with this message at 14:22 on May 2, 2010

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

Synnr posted:

So is it cool if I post pictures of my rescued mutt? I mean..she is sort of a mutt, but appears (to us anyway) a very obvious Greyhound/German Shepherd. She's puuurrtyy, I promise!

It's never not ok to post cute doggies pictures in PI. :colbert:

ArmadilloConspiracy
Jan 15, 2010

Kerfuffle posted:

It's never not ok to post cute doggies pictures in PI. :colbert:

It is especially critical to post greyhound mix pictures, as sighthounds are at a particularly high risk of exploding. You don't want to be responsible for your dog exploding, do you?

BigTeaBag
Dec 9, 2004
The Matrix is about black chicks.

Im Not A Goon posted:

So I still am not sure what type of dog this is... I know it's a Boxer, because his dad was a purebred boxer. The mom, however looked like a mutt to me. He has very large paws that turn outwards when he sits down and he's very clumsy. What is he mixed with?

These pictures were all from about 6 months old.. he weighed about 60 lbs in them and I think he's probably around 65 lbs now (7 months)

I immediately thought Basset Hound based on those paws alone.

ArmadilloConspiracy
Jan 15, 2010
I'm posting another pic of Chelsea because she isn't just any mutt...

She's a mutt who graduated out of her shy dog class today. She is sufficiently brave to begin Level 1 Obedience now! :toot:

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

The horror.

I have a dog food bag full of Nikita now.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Im Not A Goon posted:

A boxer hosed some mastiffy/bully mutt and that happened p much.

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa

Warbadger posted:

The horror.

I have a dog food bag full of Nikita now.

Sweet Jesus, that is a beautiful dog.

BOrangeFury
Feb 18, 2005

by T. Fine
BLOWING COATS AND TAKING NAMES, GET MY WIRE BRUSH AND FORCE DRYER

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

That time is coming up for us soon, I think. Don't remind me :( I think last time we filled 5-6 grocery bags at least.

RiSK
Dec 9, 2006

The Red Rocket Rifle
Here's my black boy, Dante. Got him from the pound maybe 2 months ago? They said he was 3 months, my Vet said he was probably 5 months, so according to him, he'd be 6 months today when these were taken with my lovely rear end camera phone. As of the other day, I weighed myself then weighed myself holding him and he was 28lbs. A month ago at the vet, he weighed in at 22lbs.

The pound said he's a Lab mix (and I didn't ask my vet, though I should have), though one lady at the shelter said he looked like he had Newfie in him. When I took him to the dog park, one random stranger came up to me and said "Hey, that dog looks just like how my Newfoundland puppy looked!" I know Labs and Newfoundlands are closely related, so who knows.

He's still got about 1/2 puppy fur, which is real fluffy and gets dirty REAL quickly. The other half of his fur appears to be adult fur; it's longer, darker and shinier. You can best see it on his back in the 2nd picture. It's still fairly soft, but nothing like that fluffy stuff he's got still.

Any thoughts? Think the shelter is fairly accurate? I'm inclined to think he's got some Lab in him based on the nose, but his eyes are pretty close together and he's got small little ears. He looks more like a bear cub than a dog...

Alright fine, I'll sit...

Just to spite you, imma lay down. Want a side shot? TAKE YOUR BEST SHOT.

For being a puppy, this dog is pretty drat lazy.

Here he is with my roommate's English Lab. They're seriously BFF.

Shebrew
Jul 12, 2006

Is it a party?

RiSK posted:

Alright fine, I'll sit...

Those ears look sooooooo soft :3:

Im Not A Goon
May 10, 2006

Superconsndar posted:

A boxer hosed some mastiffy/bully mutt and that happened p much.

A lot of people say he looks like a pitbull... but I'm still skeptical on that. The mom was ~30 lbs so it seemed very small to be mixed with a medium/large breed like that. I wish I had a picture still but someone rescued her and it's not on the site anymore.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Pits aren't much larger than that :ssh:

Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

After lurking in this forum for years and wishing I could get a dog (apartment living, what can you do?), I now have two dogs.

Lady

Chase

johnny sack
Jan 30, 2004

One day, this team will play to their expectations...

Just not this year..

This is Cooper. This is little-Cooper that turned into that shaggy beast below:

Somewhere around 5-6 months old.

Now he's just lazy.

And basically is the shaggiest dog ever. The "hair" on his back and head measures more than 6-inches in length. It's ridiculous.
He is a Golden-Doodle.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Im Not A Goon posted:

A lot of people say he looks like a pitbull... but I'm still skeptical on that. The mom was ~30 lbs so it seemed very small to be mixed with a medium/large breed like that. I wish I had a picture still but someone rescued her and it's not on the site anymore.

APBTs vary hugely in size from 15 (seriously) to around 70 pounds or so. If they're not out of crummy show lines, they really follow more of a "type" that varies from line to line than a uniform breed, and add to that Amstaffs and Staffy Bulls and there are huuuuuge differences in size and appearance. I don't think that dog is mixed with a proper pitbull, it looks like some American Bully/mastiff thing is involved, not an actual pit.

GidgetNomates
May 6, 2010

I love this hobby:
stealing your mother's diary
This is Sassafras:

My brother got her from a local shelter a few years ago. She had been blatantly abused before arriving at the shelter. She was shy as could be when we first got her, and constantly reacted as if she was about to be hit when we moved. Luckily, a lot of time and patience has turned her into a very friendly, social dog who everyone loves when they come around the house. We're not sure what sort of mix she is, I don't even think that the shelter tried to label her as anything concrete. People have guessed everything from dachshund to labrador to jack russel being in her. Whatever it is, she's an absolute sweetheart, and gets along great with our GSD, Bob (though she sort of pushes him around sometimes!)

huskyjackal
Mar 17, 2009

*peek*

Cultured Snail posted:

Parkerpuppy! <3

More of my husky/Aussie mix...she made a new friend with a 4 month old pit puppy (the owner said "it's a brindle pit!" when I asked what breed so.. yeah... I don't have much hope there, but he is a very sweet puppy, here's to hoping the owner neuters soon because in this city he'll get stolen as a breeder/bait/fight dog if she turns her back. Someone already offered her $500 for the dog, yeesh. Stay classy, Birmingham.).

Scary Ned
Mar 16, 2007

very scary

huskyjackal posted:

This is not a sane dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

johnny sack
Jan 30, 2004

One day, this team will play to their expectations...

Just not this year..

huskyjackal posted:

Is this dog loads of fun with tons of energy (too much)?