Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

zombieman posted:

Up until the ghost part, this sounds like the opening of Dead And Buried:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082242/

THANK YOU!!!! This is it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
This is an odd request, since I'm fairly certain this is from an obvious movie or TV show or multiple movies and TV shows but I can't remember which.

Some absentminded or eccentric inventor invents a button or tool that is unknown what it does, even to the inventor. I believe it might even jsut be a small box with a red button on it.

Useless Rabbit
Jan 27, 2009

Superrodan posted:

This is an odd request, since I'm fairly certain this is from an obvious movie or TV show or multiple movies and TV shows but I can't remember which.

Some absentminded or eccentric inventor invents a button or tool that is unknown what it does, even to the inventor. I believe it might even jsut be a small box with a red button on it.

Doesn't sound exactly like what you are talking about, but The Box was a recent film that had a similar premise.

Giga Pet giveaway
Jun 28, 2008

You're Not Welcome?

Slasherfan posted:

The God Awful Captiviy. You're better off forgetting it.

THANK YOU! I'd been googling with no success.

Wilhelm Scream
Apr 1, 2008

I got one that's been bugging me for years, I've tried in other places with no success so either this is a movie hardly anyone has seen or I'm imagining it from a dream I had or some poo poo...

The only two scenes I remember are the opening where a boy is watching a woman across the street undress when a guy, I think a postman or a police officer, go up and starts making out with her and stuff.

The other scene has the kid with his family driving somewhere when he looks out the back window at the car behind them, a guy is driving and a woman is in the passenger seat with a baby, I think she's breast feeding it when they start arguing and he starts punching her and blood splatters on their windshield.

Like I said, I'm not even sure if these are from a movie, or different movies or just stuff I thought I saw in a movie, any help would be awesome.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

zombieman posted:

That could possibly be The Creeping Flesh:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068424/

That's it!

I also found out you can watch the whole thing online when I Googled for it.

http://www.crackle.com/c/The_Creeping_Flesh/The_Creeping_Flesh/2479426#ml=fcmt%3d82%26fp%3d1%26fx%3d

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Superrodan posted:

Maaaybe Futurama?

kapalama
Aug 15, 2007

:siren:EVERYTHING I SAY ABOUT JAPAN OR LIVING IN JAPAN IS COMPLETELY WRONG, BUT YOU BETTER BELIEVE I'LL :spergin: ABOUT IT.:siren:

PLEASE ADD ME TO YOUR IGNORE LIST.

IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A JAPAN THREAD, PLEASE PM A MODERATOR SO THAT I CAN BE BANNED.

Superrodan posted:

Here's a movie that had an unknown function device: Galaxy Quest.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Superrodan posted:

As Useless Rabbit said, sounds like The Box, but it was also the premise of a 1980s Twilight Zone episode "Button, Button" - mysterious guy visits couple (who have money problems), gives them a box with a single button on it, if they press it they get a large sum of money but someone they don't know will die. They spend the episode deciding whether or not to push the button.

Ending details in case it might help you figure out if this is it or not:
They finally press the button, almost immediately there's a knock at the door and the guy with their cash, and he takes the box from them, to give it to someone somewhere else in the world who doesn't know them. Dun dun dun!

kapalama
Aug 15, 2007

:siren:EVERYTHING I SAY ABOUT JAPAN OR LIVING IN JAPAN IS COMPLETELY WRONG, BUT YOU BETTER BELIEVE I'LL :spergin: ABOUT IT.:siren:

IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A JAPAN THREAD, PLEASE PM A MODERATOR SO THAT I CAN BE BANNED.
Here's one:

Movie has a man driving somewhere accompanied by a woman who it turns out is rather crazy. The only visual I can remember is the fact that when he realized she was crazy, she was staring at him with the most incredible green eyes I have ever seen.

(I really want to know who the actress was more than anything. It's an old movie, but I have no idea how old.)

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006
I saw this movie during a busride in Mexico, but can't remember the name. It looked to be made during the last decade.

It's set a Norse'ish setting. Our protagonist sees a meteor strike the earth close to his village, and he goes to investigate. He meets a blonde woman there who's come to investigate too, and they have sex. He travels to a town and is noticed by what I believe are a princess and a prince. The blonde woman gets there too, the princess marries our protagonist and the blonde woman marries the prince, but there's huge drama over who loves whom. Both our males head into battle, they die, and the blonde woman kills herself over our protagonist. It was somewhat challenging to follow the plot though, as there was no sound.

e: \/\/\/\/\/ It is! Thanks for the quick reply.

DanTheFryingPan fucked around with this message at 10:10 on May 1, 2010

Captain Equinox
Sep 15, 2005

By day a mild-mannered college professor, by night Kiki, go-go dancer at the Pussycat Club. But twice a year, he's... CAPTAIN EQUINOX!

DanTheFryingPan posted:

I saw this movie during a busride in Mexico, but can't remember the name. It looked to be made during the last decade.

It's set a Norse'ish setting. Our protagonist sees a meteor strike the earth close to his village, and he goes to investigate. He meets a blonde woman there who's come to investigate too, and they have sex. He travels to a town and is noticed by what I believe are a princess and a prince. The blonde woman gets there too, the princess marries our protagonist and the blonde woman marries the prince, but there's huge drama over who loves whom. Both our males head into battle, they die, and the blonde woman kills herself over our protagonist. It was somewhat challenging to follow the plot though, as there was no sound.

Pretty sure this is Ring of the Nibelungs, aka Curse of the Ring.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0387541/

boating safety
Jan 3, 2001

Are you okay?
What is the movie where people (kids?) fall down a chute into a backyard(?) that resembles a junkyard with mutants(?) that say the line "You're the fat one Bobo, you ate all the cereal?". Google turns up nothing!

Erasmus Darwin
Mar 6, 2001

boating safety posted:

What is the movie where people (kids?) fall down a chute into a backyard(?) that resembles a junkyard with mutants(?)

Nothing But Trouble

notcreativeenough
Mar 8, 2010

by Fistgrrl

Erasmus Darwin posted:

Nothing But Trouble

The movie that had John Candy in and out of drag, Dan Aykroyd in old people makeup as well as a deformed mutant, Demi Moore, Chevy Chase, Digitial Underground performing a skit so they don't get killed by the judge, Daniel Baldwin in one huge giant clusterfuck of a movie bomb.

mt1
Mar 5, 2007

Wilhelm Scream posted:

I got one that's been bugging me for years, I've tried in other places with no success so either this is a movie hardly anyone has seen or I'm imagining it from a dream I had or some poo poo...

The only two scenes I remember are the opening where a boy is watching a woman across the street undress when a guy, I think a postman or a police officer, go up and starts making out with her and stuff.

The other scene has the kid with his family driving somewhere when he looks out the back window at the car behind them, a guy is driving and a woman is in the passenger seat with a baby, I think she's breast feeding it when they start arguing and he starts punching her and blood splatters on their windshield.

Like I said, I'm not even sure if these are from a movie, or different movies or just stuff I thought I saw in a movie, any help would be awesome.

First scene sounds like it could be from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Just_Looking. Second scene would definitely be from a different movie if I'm right about the first one.

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.

kapalama posted:

Here's one:

Movie has a man driving somewhere accompanied by a woman who it turns out is rather crazy. The only visual I can remember is the fact that when he realized she was crazy, she was staring at him with the most incredible green eyes I have ever seen.

(I really want to know who the actress was more than anything. It's an old movie, but I have no idea how old.)

I think this could be The Ninth Gate with Emmanuelle Seigner.

notcreativeenough
Mar 8, 2010

by Fistgrrl

Cavenagh posted:

I think this could be The Ninth Gate with Emmanuelle Seigner.

It doesn't sound like it. I have watched that movie a few times and don't recall such a scene.

kapalama
Aug 15, 2007

Thanks for the attempt, but the movie I was thinking of is probably a much earlier film. (I have seen 9th gate.)

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
My girlfriend was channel-surfing earlier today and came across some thriller starring Jeff Bridges as a poli-sci professor at GWU who thinks his neighbor is some kind of terrorist from Missouri? After about the fourth dramatic close-up of someone's eye we decided it was crap and turned it off, but they never showed the title nor did I catch Bridges' character's name. I think it's out of the early/mid-90s because he looked a fair deal younger than in The Big Lebowski. I know I said it sucked but I'm curious.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

C-Euro posted:

My girlfriend was channel-surfing earlier today and came across some thriller starring Jeff Bridges as a poli-sci professor at GWU who thinks his neighbor is some kind of terrorist from Missouri? After about the fourth dramatic close-up of someone's eye we decided it was crap and turned it off, but they never showed the title nor did I catch Bridges' character's name. I think it's out of the early/mid-90s because he looked a fair deal younger than in The Big Lebowski. I know I said it sucked but I'm curious.

Looks like Arlington Road

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?

boating safety posted:

What is the movie where people (kids?) fall down a chute into a backyard(?) that resembles a junkyard with mutants(?) that say the line "You're the fat one Bobo, you ate all the cereal?". Google turns up nothing!
If not Nothing But Trouble, Maybe Little Monsters.

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

kapalama posted:

Here's one:

Description made me think of Zooey Deschanel. She's got pretty striking eyes, and plays a lot of quirky weirdo chicks.

Not in what I would consider 'old movies' though, but anyways...

kapalama
Aug 15, 2007

Pweller posted:

Description made me think of Zooey Deschanel. She's got pretty striking eyes, and plays a lot of quirky weirdo chicks.

Not in what I would consider 'old movies' though, but anyways...

It's old, like in 70's or early 80's, I bet. But I have nothing other than amazing green eyes, guy doing an 'out west in the desert' driving type thing, and realizing the woman he is traveling with is psychopathic and has killed someone.

I mean amazing, like "Cover of National Geographic Afghani lady" amazing. Except green.

notcreativeenough
Mar 8, 2010

by Fistgrrl

kapalama posted:

It's old, like in 70's or early 80's, I bet. But I have nothing other than amazing green eyes, guy doing an 'out west in the desert' driving type thing, and realizing the woman he is traveling with is psychopathic and has killed someone.

I mean amazing, like "Cover of National Geographic Afghani lady" amazing. Except green.

This sounds vagely familiar now that have given a better time frame plus driving through the desert.

Btw the afgan woman's eyes were green sea green that is. http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2002/04/afghan-girl/index-text they managed to track her down years later

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

notcreativeenough posted:

This sounds vagely familiar now that have given a better time frame plus driving through the desert.

Btw the afgan woman's eyes were green sea green that is. http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2002/04/afghan-girl/index-text they managed to track her down years later

Meg Foster has CRAZY blue eyes in They Live. Even if it's not the movie you're thinking of, it should satisfy your need for a movie with a weirdly bright-eyed chick.

notcreativeenough
Mar 8, 2010

by Fistgrrl

codyclarke posted:

Meg Foster has CRAZY blue eyes in They Live. Even if it's not the movie you're thinking of, it should satisfy your need for a movie with a weirdly bright-eyed chick.

She has those eyes in every movie she is in. It's one of her defining features.

They Live is now an AMC classic movie btw. They showed more of the ending sequance then most other network apperances did. I suspect more apperances of They Live on tv now.

kapalama
Aug 15, 2007

The movie I am thinking of the actress had those sort of vivid eyes but glittering green.

Kangaroo Jerk
Jul 23, 2000
This is almost definitely a famous movie of some sort, but damned if I can remember what it is, based on the dim memory of it.

I want to say it's a sports movie, if only because the climax features either a ball being caught or a goal being made, or something like that.

After the final goal/out/whatever, somebody in the stands (may be multiple people) immediately rises to their feet, shouting "YEAH" or "WAAAAAAHOO" or something similar, while the camera revolves in circles around the hero who just did something awesome, whatever it was, and really, really triumphant music plays. For some reason, I keep thinking it sounds like the theme music from Jurassic Park (which the movie is not).

This is vague as poo poo, and probably describes a ton of movies, but it's the best I've got.

notcreativeenough
Mar 8, 2010

by Fistgrrl

Gumby posted:

This is almost definitely a famous movie of some sort, but damned if I can remember what it is, based on the dim memory of it.

I want to say it's a sports movie, if only because the climax features either a ball being caught or a goal being made, or something like that.

After the final goal/out/whatever, somebody in the stands (may be multiple people) immediately rises to their feet, shouting "YEAH" or "WAAAAAAHOO" or something similar, while the camera revolves in circles around the hero who just did something awesome, whatever it was, and really, really triumphant music plays. For some reason, I keep thinking it sounds like the theme music from Jurassic Park (which the movie is not).

This is vague as poo poo, and probably describes a ton of movies, but it's the best I've got.

Yeah it sounds like a dozen football movies. Get "Rudy" staring Gene Hackman it should feel the need to quench the plot point you desire.

Kangaroo Jerk
Jul 23, 2000
I know. I'm hoping I don't have memory of a collage of movies.

Skeevy Mcgee
Feb 17, 2007

It could also be Major League.

Edit: Spoiler below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Pl2t7ujUd4&feature=related

Skeevy Mcgee fucked around with this message at 22:55 on May 3, 2010

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Yeah it sounds like a dozen football movies. Get "Rudy" staring Gene Hackman it should feel the need to quench the plot point you desire.

I dont think "Rudy" has Gene Hackman. I believe that was "Hoosiers."

notcreativeenough
Mar 8, 2010

by Fistgrrl

oldpainless posted:

I dont think "Rudy" has Gene Hackman. I believe that was "Hoosiers."

Either would fit the bill for a good sports movie.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Either would fit the bill for a good sports movie.

True. It seems like its almost easy to make good sports movies. Rudy, Hoosier, Miracle, Cool Runnings, Slapshot, Major League, Field of Dreams, Raging Bull, Brian's Song, White Men Can't Jump. All movies I enjoyed greatly, not to mention childhood nostalgia making me remember The Sandlot, Little Big League, Rookie of the Year, and Angels in the Outfield fondly.

Course, I guess you can easily make a list of poo poo sports movies too.

burdt
Feb 28, 2009

i wanna make it (wit chu)
This might be a collage of movie memories but bear with me.

Setting is medieval. A woman is executed, possibly in front of her child. She is choked. I think there's also a public burning later on. But maybe she's choked and then burned. I think an old lady screams bloody vengeance upon those burning her. So vague...

I saw this as a kid in the early nineties. I also remember a bald man that looks like Christopher Lloyd in the Adam's Family; he might be the main antagonist. And a pale woman that witnesses the executions as a child somehow gets revenge. Don't trust these plot memories though, they might be half made up.

I definitely remember an important female character being made mute by means of tongue mutilation or something like that.

The last vague memory is someone (the bald man?) being bricked into a wall of whatever dungeon of sorts he used to function out of.

Ok, after reading all that I feel like Steven Wright going to the video store and asking to rent movies that were actually dreams he had. I'm pretty sure I saw this stuff though.

jjack229
Feb 14, 2008
Articulate your needs. I'm here to listen.

burdt posted:

Ok, after reading all that I feel like Steven Wright going to the video store and asking to rent movies that were actually dreams he had. I'm pretty sure I saw this stuff though.

What is that from? It sounds familiar.

mt1
Mar 5, 2007

burdt posted:

Setting is medieval. A woman is executed, possibly in front of her child. She is choked. I think there's also a public burning later on. But maybe she's choked and then burned. I think an old lady screams bloody vengeance upon those burning her. So vague...

I saw this as a kid in the early nineties. I also remember a bald man that looks like Christopher Lloyd in the Adam's Family; he might be the main antagonist. And a pale woman that witnesses the executions as a child somehow gets revenge. Don't trust these plot memories though, they might be half made up.

I definitely remember an important female character being made mute by means of tongue mutilation or something like that.

The last vague memory is someone (the bald man?) being bricked into a wall of whatever dungeon of sorts he used to function out of.

Guess but http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Messenger:_The_Story_of_Joan_of_Arc?

Captain Equinox
Sep 15, 2005

By day a mild-mannered college professor, by night Kiki, go-go dancer at the Pussycat Club. But twice a year, he's... CAPTAIN EQUINOX!

Gumby posted:

After the final goal/out/whatever, somebody in the stands (may be multiple people) immediately rises to their feet, shouting "YEAH" or "WAAAAAAHOO" or something similar, while the camera revolves in circles around the hero who just did something awesome, whatever it was, and really, really triumphant music plays.

I know this can be a lot of movies, but the first thing that came to mind was the ending of The Replacements, with the final touchdown and the circling camera. The triumphant music is the Wallflowers version of Heroes.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0191397/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

That's one happy fucking egg!

burdt posted:

Sounds a lot like The Pit And The Pendulum (1991):
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100369/