Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10
Has anyone tried these people before?

http://www.jerseybbs.com/categorylogo-detail-cid-93/National_Soccer_Jerseys/

Their prices are insanely cheap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

danifestmestny
Jun 11, 2003

Lincecum, Cain, and pray for rain
That is too good to be true.

(Someone else try it and let us know how it goes)

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

danifestmestny posted:

That is too good to be true.

(Someone else try it and let us know how it goes)

The fact that they tell you if the manufacturer patch is embroidered or printed implies that the shirts are fake. Those with printed patches will be bad fakes.

CAMiasm
Oct 5, 2006

Go MC Saints!
so i was at the local soccer shop today, and i could not tell the difference between my jersey and the real deal. they're identical

Sad Billionaire
Mar 31, 2009

What a twist
Fan of Britches

CAMiasm posted:

so i was at the local soccer shop today, and i could not tell the difference between my jersey and the real deal. they're identical

Because they are the real deal. They're just sold under the table by the manufacturers.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Yeah don't they just have the machines and that make a load more shirts after the factories shut at night then sell them on in a dodgy manner?

CAMiasm
Oct 5, 2006

Go MC Saints!

Schwarbage posted:

Because they are the real deal. They're just sold under the table by the manufacturers.

:woop:

Grievo
Jul 13, 2006

God.
Will Clint Dempsey be wearing the number 8 at this years WORLD CUP!?

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

Grievo posted:

Will Clint Dempsey be wearing the number 8 at this years WORLD CUP!?

99% sure, can't see why not.

Grievo
Jul 13, 2006

God.
I've just ordered the USA away with Dempsey on the back. =)

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Grievo posted:

I've just ordered the USA away with Dempsey on the back. =)

Preparing to troll some Londoners?

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Irn--Bru posted:

Yeah don't they just have the machines and that make a load more shirts after the factories shut at night then sell them on in a dodgy manner?

It's the same as knock off fashion stuff produced in China, the western companies find Chinese dudes to set up the factories and ship the stuff over. It's only ever so long before one of those guys goes "Hang on, I see how much these people make and it's loads more than me. This poo poo costs nothing to make. How about I did what I did when I set this factory up for them, but do it for myself and produce exactly the same goods using exactly the same materials and design templates, but sell it for 1/3rd of the price?"

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

CAMiasm posted:

So you got it from that site mentioned just a few posts up or somewhere else?

CAMiasm
Oct 5, 2006

Go MC Saints!

XyrlocShammypants posted:

So you got it from that site mentioned just a few posts up or somewhere else?

i got it from http://www.soccertriads.com/

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3128063&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=72#post376257955

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
I love soccertriads. I got a United blue-and-black with err, a name on the back and it came misspelled. I contacted them and they sent me another promptly. I'm not even sure that it wasn't ME who misspelled it in the first order.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

I'm going to throw £17 at soccertriads tonight. Will post results.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

CAMiasm posted:

i just received my soccer triads order. barcelona home with xavi number/lettering. the barcelona jerseys (maybe all la liga?) have the LFP patch on. you can't get one without it, so i got the TV3 patch to go with it. the jersey itself is great. there were a few loose threads, but nothing major. a quick snip with the scissors took care of it. the patches look good, the lettering is on straight with no flaws. it has a nike tag that you have to cut off. it has all the little details. it's just like a real jersey.

as for the fit.. i got a large. it's a little too small. i should've known better, being 6' 4.5" and 240 lbs. it's definitely still wearable though.

it took 3 weeks to get here. i ordered on apr 11, it was shipped apr 19, and it arrived today. i think the shipping was delayed because of the icelandic volcano.

overall i'm very pleased with soccer triads! 9.5/10

i'm strongly considering getting a USA away jersey for the world cup
Would a medium be wearable on a 6'2" 215 guy? There are a couple of kits that was thinking about getting that are only available in medium or X-large.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
Good enough for me. 10 GBP / $15 USD for a L/S Messi shirt delivered to California :woop:

e: currency is hard

Mandalay fucked around with this message at 21:01 on May 4, 2010

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

I brag about getting free drinks from my boss to make myself feel superior
Fun Shoe
Good idea on the soccertriads! Just got a Tottenham Away stripe!

CAMiasm
Oct 5, 2006

Go MC Saints!

cheese posted:

Would a medium be wearable on a 6'2" 215 guy? There are a couple of kits that was thinking about getting that are only available in medium or X-large.

hm.. i dunno, man. the problem with this shirt isn't that it's too tight around the midsection or even too short. it's that the bottom of the arm hole, the part that touches your arm pit, is too high up. couple that with the elastic on the end of the sleeves, and you have sleeves riding up the arm and getting stuck. i don't think it'll be such a problem once the elastic is stretched out a bit.

how do you normally wear your clothes?

i'd recommend the XL personally. i tried on an XL yesterday at the local shop, and it's still rather form fitting. you're not that much smaller than me, so i don't think it'd be too baggy.

i'd imagine a medium fitting something like this on someone of your size/statur

Click here for the full 406x1144 image.

CAMiasm fucked around with this message at 20:45 on May 4, 2010

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party

cheese posted:

Only if you want to wear it as a half shirt.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

I hate it when you wash a medium twice and it goes all bill and ted

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Bacon of the Sea posted:

I wear XL shirts but usually wear XXL football jerseys for that reason. My RBNY kit was pretty big on me the first time but one or two times through the wash and its more snug. I usually get XXL's for Nike kits since they're usually even tighter than the Adidas ones.

e: Holy loving poo poo. Kitbag is basically giving away the Pompey away kits. They're like $15 but all they have is XXL and XXXL haha. I think I'll buy one and shrink it down.

Akileese fucked around with this message at 21:51 on May 4, 2010

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

cheese posted:

I'm 6'1" 180. I used to be 6'1" 215. Mediums fit me fine now, but at 215 they were way too tight. XLs have always been too big for me though so there was a time I was wishing there was somewhere in between M and XL to get those bootleg shirts (the bootlegs on ebay all seem to come in M and XL too)

note: my weight was flab, not muscle, so if you actually have a fit body a tight shirt might be fine.

Bacon of the Sea posted:

I never dry my soccer shirts in a tumble dryer. I've never had any shrinking problems.

GutBomb fucked around with this message at 22:00 on May 4, 2010

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Has anyone ever had issues placing an order on kitbag? I live in the U.S. and no matter the payment or shipping type I use, I can't get the order to go through. I threw them an e-mail but there's no way I'm calling them since it's international.

I solved it. Definitely some type of issue using a CC when ordering from US to the UK, but I got paypal to work by logging into my account first then checking out.

Akileese fucked around with this message at 22:31 on May 4, 2010

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

CAMiasm posted:

hm.. i dunno, man. the problem with this shirt isn't that it's too tight around the midsection or even too short. it's that the bottom of the arm hole, the part that touches your arm pit, is too high up. couple that with the elastic on the end of the sleeves, and you have sleeves riding up the arm and getting stuck. i don't think it'll be such a problem once the elastic is stretched out a bit.

i'd recommend the XL personally. i tried on an XL yesterday at the local shop, and it's still rather form fitting. you're not that much smaller than me, so i don't think it'd be too baggy.

Thanks bro

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Placed a test UK soccer triads order for the new Chelsea kit.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

It's really disappointing that they only have the USA away jerseys :/

Sourpuss
Mar 18, 2007

Chomb Chomb Chomb

They tend to get new designs though quite often. I remember waiting for the man city away and 3rd kit and it wasnt long before they had them for sale.

Grievo
Jul 13, 2006

God.
really want a Honduras shirt.

oldman
Dec 15, 2003
grumpy

Dudley posted:

Placed a test UK soccer triads order for the new Chelsea kit.

They're aces, and Sean (the Customer Service guy) is really prompt with answers.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Stoke have unveiled their new strip:

It looks shite.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Meat Wagon posted:

It looks shite.

It looks almost exactly like Bayern's home from a few years back.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

CAMiasm posted:

GutBomb posted:

I'm 6'1" 180. I used to be 6'1" 215. Mediums fit me fine now, but at 215 they were way too tight. XLs have always been too big for me though so there was a time I was wishing there was somewhere in between M and XL to get those bootleg shirts (the bootlegs on ebay all seem to come in M and XL too)

note: my weight was flab, not muscle, so if you actually have a fit body a tight shirt might be fine.

I never dry my soccer shirts in a tumble dryer. I've never had any shrinking problems.

Thanks, I will probably go with XL. I'm not fat but I have a big chest and decent arms from lifting, so that arm hole thing on the M sounds like a disaster. I just hope the XL isn't too massive - can always try shrining it a bit.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo

cheese posted:

It looks almost exactly like Bayern's home from a few years back.

This. It's not bad. Actually its very good considering the other premier league teams' strips over the last two seasons. The sponsor being the same colour as the stripes help.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

ICA posted:

This. It's not bad. Actually its very good considering the other premier league teams' strips over the last two seasons. The sponsor being the same colour as the stripes help.

Plus to the uninformed American, it looks like you're simply supporting British imperialism :downs:

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Meat Wagon posted:

It looks shite.

Compared to the pile of poo poo adidas has been trotting out the last few years I think it's fairly nice? :confused:

Mr.AARP
Apr 20, 2010

I was born after Kurt Cobain died. Now you feel old.

The last few kits I've bought has been from the guy at http://www.jersey777.com/

Seems to be cheaper than the one posted above, but a smaller operation. Also, numbering and lettering is free, and the currency is U.S. I saw he didn't have an England home kit so I emailed him and I got it within a week.

danifestmestny
Jun 11, 2003

Lincecum, Cain, and pray for rain

I was going to post the same thing. On the other hand it's probably best I don't spend the money (however relatively little). If it shows up in the next couple days though, yikes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Mr.AARP posted:

The last few kits I've bought has been from the guy at http://www.jersey777.com/

Seems to be cheaper than the one posted above, but a smaller operation. Also, numbering and lettering is free, and the currency is U.S. I saw he didn't have an England home kit so I emailed him and I got it within a week.

hows the quality on those? $16 is extremely tempting to pick up acouple...