Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I was just sad when they didn't make a Guyver joke. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

if you start with drums, you have to end with dynamite.

elpintogrande posted:

They picked by far the filthiest installment of WTF, D&D to promote on the official D&D twitter.

I once wrote a thing making fun of some crappy free MMO, and the company contacted me to ask if they could edit out everything implying that the game might not be very good and then use it as advertising copy.

saberwulf
Mar 3, 2009

Pipe rifles and snack cakes.
Baby anus tables. :psyduck:

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I'd be willing to bet the list of FATAL customers tracks very closely with the sex offender registry.

Hot Dog Day #89
Mar 17, 2004
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]

Morbid Hound
have anyone tried to mix fatal with larping?

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Hot Dog Day #89 posted:

have anyone tried to mix fatal with larping?

I just threw up a little in my mouth.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Don't forget to include a link to the article, guys.

Edit: ...I will never be happy again.

Tuxedo Ted fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Apr 29, 2010

Hot Dog Day #89
Mar 17, 2004

Morbid Hound

Volume posted:

I just threw up a little in my mouth.

do you have a chart for that?

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
Alias: Non-Demoninational Minister Capable of Sub-Atmospheric Flight

Hot Dog Day #89 posted:

do you have a chart for that?

0006 Projectile vomit, 1d20' distance, 3d15" splatter circumference, see appendix 913 for rules on consistency and speed, see inset for percentage of vomit retained in mouth due to mouth size. :gonk:

I'm worried I will never truly feel clean again, but if a woman suddenly cannot stand up straight due to an enlarged uterus I will know to immediately alert the authorities that there is a wizard within one mile of her. I suppose that is some small consolation.

Elmo Oxygen
Jun 11, 2007

Kazuo Misaki Superfan #3

Don't make me lift my knee, young man.
Do you have to use the anus chart when your ditch-digger character gets cursed with buttmouth and wants to eat a hot dog?

shock headed penor
Jan 29, 2007
energy drunk
FATAL depicts sex in its most unappealing form, rpg stat tables.

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

if you start with drums, you have to end with dynamite.

shock headed penor posted:

FATAL depicts sex in its most unappealing form, rpg stat tables.

the stat tables were definitely what the problem was, ruining my entire enjoyment of fingering a baby's anus.

Hot Dog Day #89
Mar 17, 2004

Morbid Hound
do anyone know the chart for breastfeeding a baby cursed with buttmouth?
and do anyone have a baby to spare? i'm going larping next week

saberwulf
Mar 3, 2009

Pipe rifles and snack cakes.

Elmo Oxygen posted:

Do you have to use the anus chart when your ditch-digger character gets cursed with buttmouth and wants to eat a hot dog?

Don't forget a tightness table and hot dog length/circumference to gag-reflex table.

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007
Jesus christ. I've never heard of FATAL before.

I feel like I've been despoiled.

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW
I'm curious/horrified at what the artwork could be.

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

big duck equals goose posted:

I like to think that there is none. Please don't tell me otherwise.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Well we all know what picture showed up when you flipped to the anus chart...

tokyosexwale
Jan 27, 2008
code:

Steve: Roll for baby's anus

Zack: Yes, 100! And she's a nympho, so that means...25. This baby can handle three fingers no problem.

Steve: Thank goodness it was a slut baby

Zack: I don't even want to joke about this anymore

Steve: I want to die

This was the best part. Tears happened. You guys continue to be fantastic. Please "don't review" FATAL more, if just so I can see Steve cry. Sorry Steve.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Pompous Rhombus posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2610069 (September 2007).

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Pompous Rhombus posted:

This is the first I'd heard of it too. After 15 years on the internet, I thought I was desensitized to everything I could ever possibly see. Just knowing that game exists is the most disturbed I've felt in a while.

Hilarious comments by Steve and Zack, as always.

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

I'd heard of it, but I had no idea. Just from what I knew, however, my immediate response upon seeing the update was "oh please god don't let this be the subject of the new contest they alluded to".

Greed
Apr 28, 2008
I do love the Hound of Law mention from the AD&D reviews. As hilarious as they may be, they were part of the Seven Rods campaign, which was like the sweetest thing back in the day.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

big duck equals goose posted:

The artwork in the book is mostly just what was posted in the update. Poorly filtered photos of the designer and his buddies.
The front cover is literally the kind of thing fundies would use to show the evil of roleplaying games. I believe it's a bunch of goblins surrounding a naked slavegirl, with a heroic, mostly-naked beefguy rushing to save her.

fake edit: I was close enough with my recollection. :nws: Here is the second edition cover. How do I know it's the second edition? Because FATAL originally stood for 'Fantasy Adventure To Adult Lechery'.

The Snark
May 19, 2008

by Cowcaster
FATAL is a horror. For the sake of reassurance, can the sages here tell me that the pit doesn't get any deeper than that?

Elmo Oxygen
Jun 11, 2007

Kazuo Misaki Superfan #3

Don't make me lift my knee, young man.
What's on the CD?

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Elmo Oxygen posted:

What's on the CD?

As I understand it, a truncated version of the 1,000 page monster, and a little DOS character creation program.

notcreativeenough
Mar 8, 2010

by Fistgrrl

Senior Woodchuck posted:

As I understand it, a truncated version of the 1,000 page monster, and a little DOS character creation program.

Like the not review article said it was the character generator so you didn't have to spend a quarter of a day making your character. 90% of the crap could be trimmed out of the game and it would still be the hugest steaming pile of crap rpg game.

Mikan
Sep 5, 2007

by Radium

The Snark posted:

FATAL is a horror. For the sake of reassurance, can the sages here tell me that the pit doesn't get any deeper than that?

There's nothing around that's objectively worse than FATAL, but there are things that are bad in different ways. RAHOWA, Empire of Satanis, Wraeththu, Hell for Leather.

D&D 3.5 :twisted:

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Mikan posted:

There's nothing around that's objectively worse than FATAL, but there are things that are bad in different ways. RAHOWA, Empire of Satanis, Wraeththu, Hell for Leather.

Oh, I think I want to hear about this.

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

Oh man, the Elders are really lovely guys. Their astral projection seminars are literally off the fucking planet, and highly recommended.

Mikan posted:

Oh Jesus, something like this was actually published :gonk:

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Mikan posted:

oh God Wraeththu. RaHoWa isn't really a complete game and wouldn't be a good WTFDND, but Wraeththu definitely needs the Zack and Steve treatment. It's what happens when horribly awful fantasy books translate themselves into RPG form.
Also, flower penises that shoot acid.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Karl Rove posted:

Oh Jesus, something like this was actually published :gonk:

I think that may have been an online "self-publishing," but even if that is the case, that really doesn't make it any less disgusting.

Nucleic Acids fucked around with this message at 18:14 on May 4, 2010

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

Oh man, the Elders are really lovely guys. Their astral projection seminars are literally off the fucking planet, and highly recommended.
The Synnibarr article is one of my favorites, and I'm sad that Zack and Steve missed the author's somewhat grandiose autobiography in the back:

Truely, Raven c.s. McCracken is the king of kings.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Nucleic Acids posted:

Oh, I think I want to hear about this.
It's essentially the successor to F.A.T.A.L. - in both spirit and design:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHj-lFG8cLA

e: predecessor isn't successor. I don't know what the hell was going through my mind.

Father Wendigo fucked around with this message at 18:54 on May 13, 2010

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Senior Woodchuck posted:

I think the 1,000-page monster is the truncated version, actually.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Parahexavoctal posted:

I think the 1,000-page monster is the truncated version, actually.

They did cut out some of the more overtly racist stuff after a preview version was reviewed online, but I'm wondering what else they might have removed to slim it down (though I'm not sure these are the kinds of guys who would normally ever dare damage their "masterpiece.")

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?

Father Wendigo posted:

It's essentially the predecessor to F.A.T.A.L. - in both spirit and design:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHj-lFG8cLA

Ahaha, :wtf:?!

I know it's a cliche to describe badly-designed systems as "roll-playing, rather than role-playing", but I think here it's actually justified.

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

http://www.somethingawful.com/d/dungeons-and-dragons/frazetta-vampirella-conan.php

This entry was a little bit of a stretch from your usual subject matter, but I frankly don't care- it was funny and surprisingly touching. That Frazetta is dead but Greg and Tim Hildebrandt live on makes these sad, sad days for fantasy artwork.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Ahhh poor Frazetta.... at least he lived a pretty awesome and succesful life. I watched the documentary about him a while ago, and found it to be pretty excellent.

Hey are you guys going to do either the original Warhammer or Blood Bowl rulebooks as WTFs? I remember them both having some terrible art.

• Locked thread