Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Mecheon posted:

Of course all I care about with the Star Wars toys is picking up the few things that look awesome, which I rarely can get when said shelfwarmers have been sitting around here for well over a year
I want the new comic packs that are allegedly out at Target, and I'd love to pick up some of the "expanded universe" figures that are allegedly out now, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mecheon
Nov 27, 2007

And that was when Ecco realised the world just fucking hates dolphins.

Xenomrph posted:

I want the new comic packs that are allegedly out at Target, and I'd love to pick up some of the "expanded universe" figures that are allegedly out now, too.

Good luck. Comic packs are the next on the chopping block, and Hasbro said that after the next batch (TRU exclusive Expanded Universe wave) they're not going to be releasing EU characters until next year. Which is a kick in the crotch as Bastila of KotOR fame just happened to be the winner of the Fan's Choice figure, beating out that librarian and having the nerds-who-I-may-loathe accuse people of cheating

Also, I'm gonna have to quote this question from last page cause I'm kinda interested in it as well. Well, I just want an Alien that sort of fits into 1/18 scale without having to spend way too much

SpeedofLife posted:

Xenomorph, is the Revoltech Alien figure as cool as it looks? Figured you would know.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I actually don't own any Revoltech figures of any kind. :(

1/18-scale are like 3.75" figures, right? I do have one of the Hot Toys "Snap Kit" Aliens which is about 5" tall, and I really like it a lot.

Big pic of the snap kits here.

JohnThermos
Dec 8, 2005

I CAN HAS USB NOW?

SpeedofLife posted:

Xenomorph, is the Revoltech Alien figure as cool as it looks? Figured you would know.

I've got one and I gotta say, although I'm impressed with the sculpt and paint apps the pose-ability is limited in places. The only other thing I'd knock it for is the removable head dome thinger. I wish it was was a bit less transparent and stayed on more securely. As it stands though it's probably the best Alien figureat that price available.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

That's about scale with G.I. Joes, right? I'd have loved having Aliens for my Joes to fight. Might have to pick a couple up for nostalgia sake, and pit them against whomever remains of my childhood collection of the Real American Heroes.

Question: Have they ever made a figure of Fumbles/Trouser Snake/Dr. Killshot from that episode of Robot Chicken? Like, is he an actual figure? I wouldn't expect them to actually make one with that name, but I figure he might already be a figure.

Though they are making that Eternia Dentist guy.

Mecheon
Nov 27, 2007

And that was when Ecco realised the world just fucking hates dolphins.

Xenomrph posted:

I actually don't own any Revoltech figures of any kind. :(

1/18-scale are like 3.75" figures, right? I do have one of the Hot Toys "Snap Kit" Aliens which is about 5" tall, and I really like it a lot.

Big pic of the snap kits here.

Yeah, 1/18 is 3 3/4". And they're the ones I want, actually. Some AvP ones as well from what I can see. Your drat LP was what got me starting to hunt the things down, actually

The problem is that their price has climbed into the damned stratosphere. But dammit, my old awesome Snake Alien needs some minions

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Mecheon posted:

Yeah, 1/18 is 3 3/4". And they're the ones I want, actually. Some AvP ones as well from what I can see. Your drat LP was what got me starting to hunt the things down, actually

The problem is that their price has climbed into the damned stratosphere. But dammit, my old awesome Snake Alien needs some minions
Well if you're willing to get the old Kenner ones, the Scorpion Alien is pretty much based on the appearance from 'Aliens', is roughly 3.75" scaled, and isn't stupid-expensive. Oh yeah, and it loving explodes. :hellyeah:

Kenner figures must be on the upswing in price right now, a couple months ago they were selling on eBay for, like, $5.
v:shobon:v

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

drat. I miss that toy. I wrote a story about it in fourth grade. I was too scared to watch the movies, but I loved the heck out of the toys.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

Which ones are you looking for? I've seen the new comic packs of Exar Kun and Ulic Qel-Droma and that wave. We've also gotten in the cases of Jacen and Jaina and K'Kruhk and Shaak Ti figures at TRU.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

The Rage posted:

Which ones are you looking for? I've seen the new comic packs of Exar Kun and Ulic Qel-Droma and that wave. We've also gotten in the cases of Jacen and Jaina and K'Kruhk and Shaak Ti figures at TRU.
I'd love to get the Darktrooper Mk1 if I could get any one figure from that wave, but I'd also love to get Jacen, Jaina, and Shaak Ti.

I'd have to see what the Exar Kun/Ulic pack looks like, but I'm definitely looking for the Tholme/T'raa Saa one.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

I'd love to get the Darktrooper Mk1 if I could get any one figure from that wave, but I'd also love to get Jacen, Jaina, and Shaak Ti.

I'd have to see what the Exar Kun/Ulic pack looks like, but I'm definitely looking for the Tholme/T'raa Saa one.

Those are the cases we've been getting of Legacy figures. I think we got 3 cases this week and I think one is still in the back, I can check work if you want but I know that if my small town TRU is getting them they're more than likely in your nearest one too.

The comic packs we've only gotten one case of so far, but Target definitely has them too.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I'll definitely check my local TRU tomorrow, then. Thanks! :hfive:

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.
Was someone here looking for a War Machine Might Mugg?

I picked one up in case someone needed it.

But for the life of me I can't find the post.

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!
YES! They finally came! Left the Ash figure at my brother's apartment, so I haven't taken pics of it yet, but it is basically the same thing with blue lenses.

Bonus: the 3a figure totally looks like me:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jet Ready Go posted:

Was someone here looking for a War Machine Might Mugg?

I picked one up in case someone needed it.

But for the life of me I can't find the post.

I don't have any of the new Iron Man Muggs yet but I keep hearing that TRU has all of them in stock locally. I'll swing in there tomorrow and if they don't have them I'd be interested in the on you have.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

No Iron Men at Wal Mart but they did have DCUC 2 packs

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
If any of ya happen to be in Jersey, the ITC Walmart in Mount Olive has a buttload of 6" iron man figures. Looks like they just restocked their toy inventory. :)

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

From Amazon. I should be getting Blue Devil and Cyclotron in the next few days.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.

profbobo posted:

YES! They finally came! Left the Ash figure at my brother's apartment, so I haven't taken pics of it yet, but it is basically the same thing with blue lenses.

Bonus: the 3a figure totally looks like me:

Cool, I'm still waiting on mine, but I expect it today. You got much else on order, or did you get out before you bought a used cars worth of toys? (doh)

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!
I have way too much on preorder - the Large Martins, Tommy Mission, two different Little Shadows, Armstrongs are all on preorder. I bought some Dropcloths for a friend, as well. I skipped the TQ's; something just had to give. I've been canceling my Hot Toys preorders just because they're easier and more reasonable to find down the line than Ash's stuff.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

The Rage posted:

Those are the cases we've been getting of Legacy figures. I think we got 3 cases this week and I think one is still in the back, I can check work if you want but I know that if my small town TRU is getting them they're more than likely in your nearest one too.

The comic packs we've only gotten one case of so far, but Target definitely has them too.
Checked my TRU yesterday, the Star Wars pegs were barren. :sigh: There weren't even pegs for the comic packs, either. Come to think of it, I've never seen the comic packs for sale at my local TRU.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
Got peaceday and the noms, but I gotta wait until I'm home to open them.

profbobo posted:

I have way too much on preorder - the Large Martins, Tommy Mission, two different Little Shadows, Armstrongs are all on preorder. I bought some Dropcloths for a friend, as well. I skipped the TQ's; something just had to give. I've been canceling my Hot Toys preorders just because they're easier and more reasonable to find down the line than Ash's stuff.

I've been cut off now that I finally got the TQs. I mean I'm happy with what I have on order, but man it's gonna suck if something really cool comes out and I have to pay double to get it later.

I totalled it up over the last 2 years, and ash has dropped $15k in merchandise, half of which is in WWR.

Good news is that things should be quiet this month and next at least. The only announced thing I'm interested in is the 1/6 heavy bramble (depending on colorway), and some WWRp Dropcloths.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Xenomrph posted:

Checked my TRU yesterday, the Star Wars pegs were barren. :sigh: There weren't even pegs for the comic packs, either. Come to think of it, I've never seen the comic packs for sale at my local TRU.

Probably because last weekend TRU had a crazy sale on Star Wars figures. All were not only $4.99 each friday-sunday, but were also buy 1 get 1 free on Friday. I guess that's a good way to clear the pegs.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah, they're also 4.99 each right now through July 3rd. If we get more on the truck this Thursday Xeno I'll see if I can hold the ones you want.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
DCUC wave 13 is complete.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.
drat, that was fast. I just got Steppenwolf at a local TrU. This leaves me with several figures that I want from waves 12 and 13. Thank God that I already have the older Darkseid and that I don't give a gently caress about Trigon; I can't really afford hunting for more build-a-figure parts.

edit: Can you throw up a pic of Jaime? He looks awesome in press release pics, and I'd love to see if he holds up.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.
Anyone need that War Machine Might Mugg? Second Call!

Content:

I got my K-Mart 3-Pack today!

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
Whoa wait, what's that Captain America/Iron Man thing? :aaa:

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

The Action Man posted:

edit: Can you throw up a pic of Jaime? He looks awesome in press release pics, and I'd love to see if he holds up.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Why yes.. it is!

Him and the green War Machine are part of the Iron Man 2 3-Pack from K-Mart.

- Vibranium Armor / Captain America Armor (Mark 6)
- Omega Factor Armor (War Machine)
- Bio Metal Armor (Mark V)

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

Joe Fisto posted:

Ok, so Blue Beetle just moved to the top of my buy list. He looks absolutely beautiful.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I think Superboy is my favorite from the wave. He's so... 90's.

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

The Action Man posted:

Ok, so Blue Beetle just moved to the top of my buy list. He looks absolutely beautiful.

He has some new articulation on his joints as well.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Joe Fisto posted:

I think Superboy is my favorite from the wave. He's so... 90's.

He's been #1 on my want list for a while. I still haven't finished wave 12 though :mad:

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

We got in 4 cases of the wave with the Dark Trooper in it today. Let me know if you can't find one and I'll grab one for you Saturday.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

The Rage posted:

We got in 4 cases of the wave with the Dark Trooper in it today. Let me know if you can't find one and I'll grab one for you Saturday.
I'll check again tomorrow - I pass a TRU on my way to my friend's house, otherwise I'd love it if you could snag one (and the other couple figures I mentioned) for me. Thanks!

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Yep no problem, if you don't find any post me a list of all you want outa that case and I'll get them for ya.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Pretty sure it's from a What If? Civil War issue. It's almost fascinatingly ugly, and they've done it as a six inch figure before. I wish they'd go all-out and give me an Iron Patriot, though.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

RKOMG! posted:

Pretty sure it's from a What If? Civil War issue. It's almost fascinatingly ugly, and they've done it as a six inch figure before. I wish they'd go all-out and give me an Iron Patriot, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.
Has Hasbor announced what's happening with the upcoming Two-packs yet? I can't seem to google anything, but the winners of the vote.