Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snooty
Jun 25, 2009
They should at least adjust the sub fee according to currency rates so everyone pays the same.

Snooty fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Feb 17, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo
I don't even consider this game playable without two accounts and dual logging/boxing. All subs should include at least two separate accounts. Or just halve the price. Whatever.

Good thing AO is so old that any modern computer will easily run a few AO's at the same time. I've had 4 clients running without problems :haw:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Fewd posted:

I don't even consider this game playable without two accounts and dual logging/boxing. All subs should include at least two separate accounts. Or just halve the price. Whatever.

Good thing AO is so old that any modern computer will easily run a few AO's at the same time. I've had 4 clients running without problems :haw:

The best use of that is four synchronized dancing Atrox wearing thongs.

EDGECRUSHER
Feb 28, 2001
Well, now the "Collector" hit, and that's what everyone is doing.
Can't get the people for anything else, plain and simple. Being a Fixer, I guess it's not what is wanted as I've wasted 6 hours now waiting on LFT, trying at different times.
I can see the good idea behind the Collector, but it literally leaves the rest of the game even more of a ghost town than before. poo poo, I can't even get a proper city raid unless I go make my own team of alts.

I'm going to keep trying-after all, I paid for a month, so I'm going to try. I just don't see any game holding my attention after this.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

EDGECRUSHER posted:

Well, now the "Collector" hit, and that's what everyone is doing.
Can't get the people for anything else, plain and simple. Being a Fixer, I guess it's not what is wanted as I've wasted 6 hours now waiting on LFT, trying at different times.
I can see the good idea behind the Collector, but it literally leaves the rest of the game even more of a ghost town than before. poo poo, I can't even get a proper city raid unless I go make my own team of alts.

I'm going to keep trying-after all, I paid for a month, so I'm going to try. I just don't see any game holding my attention after this.

This is the way it is with pretty much all new content in Anarchy. The grind to try and get Xan gear pretty much broke me, I had multiple 220/20ish characters (Enginner, Crat and Doctor) with a half dozen twinks, and I just couldn't take it anymore. Its really a pity, I loved the game, but the community has just gotten to spread out, and its impossible to get anything done anymore.

Tyshalob
Apr 10, 2008

om nom nom i eat ur town

How well do Anarchy Online and Windows 7 get along?

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic and so am I

Tyshalob posted:

Works fine. You still have to play Anarchy Online though.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Tyshalob posted:

Haven't played for at least one patch but 64 bit Win 7 Pro here and it worked just as well as in XP. Which... is not saying much.

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

TheQuietWilds posted:

This is the way it is with pretty much all new content in Anarchy. The grind to try and get Xan gear pretty much broke me, I had multiple 220/20ish characters (Enginner, Crat and Doctor) with a half dozen twinks, and I just couldn't take it anymore. Its really a pity, I loved the game, but the community has just gotten to spread out, and its impossible to get anything done anymore.

Yeah, the endgame grind is just brutal if you need equipment and don't get in on it in the first two weeks. I'm tempted to resub for a month to see how the new content is, but unfortunately that'll mean sitting on lft for 2 hours while surfing the forums then getting bored and playing poo poo on my xbox.

netarchy
Feb 14, 2010

Green Dinosaur posted:

Free accounts don't have forums access so that means no tech support which means there's no way in hell I'm going to turn my account into a paying one when I hard-crash every 15 minutes without fail. What a terrible cycle.

Erm, free accounts got forum access at some point last year.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

Kenlon posted:

(And I'm totally resubbing again when they finally get the new engine done.)
They've been promising this for so long now, when'll it happen?

I wish they'd get their poo poo together, scrap everything and do AO2. The setting, art and lore are fine, the game around it is crap.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
This would require them to actually have, you know, money.

Hakkeshu
Aug 10, 2005

Blinging in the Wastes!
I get an email from funcom telling me my old account has been given 30 free days, so just to take a gander at the game again I goto download it, about 10 minutes after using their installer I get antisoftware malware or whatever yay! Since I havent formatted in a year I said gently caress it, backed up my music and pictures and wiped C:\, actually it should run better now.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
Did they update the engine yet???!

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Hakkeshu posted:

I get an email from funcom telling me my old account has been given 30 free days, so just to take a gander at the game again I goto download it, about 10 minutes after using their installer I get antisoftware malware or whatever yay! Since I havent formatted in a year I said gently caress it, backed up my music and pictures and wiped C:\, actually it should run better now.

Yeah, just got the free month offers too. Hell, might as well play a little then.

divyx
Nov 26, 2009
Was racing here to post there's again the 30 day free play time, got the email too.
Gotta download and install again. Shout to Basrouge RK1, 215 or 216 enfo.

No unfortunately no engine updates yet, but now there are daily quests that according to funcom, grants nice exp for all levels, also there seems to be new team based instance in pandemonium.

Tyshalob
Apr 10, 2008

om nom nom i eat ur town

The new engine is actually going to happen now that they scrapped writing an entirely new one and just decided to use the Age of Conan engine. I think they've got most of the playfields done and are currently having their people in China do new character models.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Is anyone with invite rights playing in the Gooncorp or whatever it was called? I left my old org last time I played since none of the old crew was there any more. It had turned into some neutral orgs omni alt org or something.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Man, I'm tempted to not only take advantage of this, but also resub. My Keeper, as I recall, is fairly well set for his level-- he has a perfected alien tank armor twinked onto him, as well as that big sword from the end of Temple of the Three Trains.

But I have a bank loan to pay off fff

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

-Troika- posted:

But I have a bank loan to pay off fff

You don't need to pay a dime if you resub for the free month. Just cancel the subscription before the billing starts.

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

Fewd posted:

Is anyone with invite rights playing in the Gooncorp or whatever it was called? I left my old org last time I played since none of the old crew was there any more. It had turned into some neutral orgs omni alt org or something.

I don't know, my free account apparently no longer has an org member on it so I don't have an easy way to check :(.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Haven't been on in a long time with my froob account so I'm patching away. I see they let froobs into org buildings now. That's nice.

Nosthula
Mar 23, 2009
When I came back to the game I had just quit 5 boxing WOW, so when I started up I decided I wanted to try and 5/6 box AO. Yesterday I decided to upgrade my second box to windows 7 and I didn't feel like multiboxing while I did. I sat on LFT with my 215 crat, 212 doc and 209 enfo for 2 hours. Considering these are core classes its pretty sad. If you really want to get anything done it's basically required that you multibox or at least dual log. So sad that the game has come to this. Had I not started this time around wanting to multibox I would have probably quit in frustration by now.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Nosthula posted:

When I came back to the game I had just quit 5 boxing WOW, so when I started up I decided I wanted to try and 5/6 box AO. Yesterday I decided to upgrade my second box to windows 7 and I didn't feel like multiboxing while I did. I sat on LFT with my 215 crat, 212 doc and 209 enfo for 2 hours. Considering these are core classes its pretty sad. If you really want to get anything done it's basically required that you multibox or at least dual log. So sad that the game has come to this. Had I not started this time around wanting to multibox I would have probably quit in frustration by now.

'anything' being high level raiding... Is that the only thing to do in this game? i find it hard to believe anything can be enjoyable while you're logged into 5 characters at a time.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
If they ever update the graphics engine, I'll lose my job, wife, 401k, ability to fit in my jeans...

And run out of socks.

Flu Roo
Apr 13, 2010

Quit WoW a long time ago, recently chilled on my 3 Eve characters (still skilling of course) and I think I'm going to pick this up. Loving the complexities based on what I've read, and I have a lot of free time on my hands these days.

Which server do I roll on? How do I find you folks?

EDGECRUSHER
Feb 28, 2001

Flu Roo posted:

Quit WoW a long time ago, recently chilled on my 3 Eve characters (still skilling of course) and I think I'm going to pick this up. Loving the complexities based on what I've read, and I have a lot of free time on my hands these days.

Which server do I roll on? How do I find you folks?

I just put my 3 Eve accounts on ice too, odd :?

The game, once you get past the ancient graphics, really does have a lot to do. What Nosthula is saying is too true though, endgame is poo poo. I have a single 220 Fixer that has yet to do this "Collector" bullshit, but I've found that taking charge and making my own team is the only option at this point.

I've been playing AO off and on for such a long time, yet I still feel I don't even know half of what I should. There is so much depth to many aspects of the game (making an overpowered PvP character, for one, is a headache) I just hope the day comes sooner than later we get a update worth a poo poo.

Flu Roo
Apr 13, 2010

EDGECRUSHER posted:

I just put my 3 Eve accounts on ice too, odd :?

The game, once you get past the ancient graphics, really does have a lot to do. What Nosthula is saying is too true though, endgame is poo poo. I have a single 220 Fixer that has yet to do this "Collector" bullshit, but I've found that taking charge and making my own team is the only option at this point.

I've been playing AO off and on for such a long time, yet I still feel I don't even know half of what I should. There is so much depth to many aspects of the game (making an overpowered PvP character, for one, is a headache) I just hope the day comes sooner than later we get a update worth a poo poo.

I'm pretty excited, reading all the FAQ's before creating a character. I'm thinking I'll go with a 'meatier' class until I start to comprehend the mechanics and character development process.

Are you selling your Eve characters? Mine are all pretty high up there and I contemplated it, but I think I'll end up getting the bug again one day and would be sad to have sold them.

Still hoping to find out where most of goons live so I can roll on the right server. is the page 1 info still accurate?

Luminous
May 19, 2004

Girls
Games
Gains

Nosthula posted:

Anything content you do below level 220 can usually be done quicker and easier with a high DD team. Adventurer, hots, drains, reflects all trump doc healing for lower level content. Crats and enfos can be good DD, but it's usually very reputation based.

Best to just make friends, get in on raid bots, or a good org. lft has been unreliable since its inception.

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

Flu Roo posted:

Still hoping to find out where most of goons live so I can roll on the right server. is the page 1 info still accurate?

GoonCorp is kind of deadish but yeah, RK1/Omni is the place to be I'd say. I might see if I can get a bot running again since there seem to be some people picking this back up and it'd be handy to have that.

Nosthula
Mar 23, 2009

Flu Roo posted:

RK1 and I'm clan myself. My org is fairly active and usually can put together teams for things. I know most goons are omni but if any of you happen to be clan and need an org let me know.

EDGECRUSHER
Feb 28, 2001

Flu Roo posted:

I'm pretty excited, reading all the FAQ's before creating a character. I'm thinking I'll go with a 'meatier' class until I start to comprehend the mechanics and character development process.

Are you selling your Eve characters? Mine are all pretty high up there and I contemplated it, but I think I'll end up getting the bug again one day and would be sad to have sold them.

I'm thinking about selling my chars, especially my "main" one. I haven't had fun in Eve in a couple years now, and my 64mil SP is just wasting away. Dunno if I will, but I'm close to it.

RK1 is where everyone will eventually end up, so try RK1.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
If you choose to subscribe, it's honestly hard to go wrong with a keeper. Their auras make them extremely easy to solo with and you won't have a hard time finding a team.

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

Neat, finally got a 30 free days email. I'll probably reactivate this weekend, if anyone is up for dicking around.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I'm getting back into this game because I'm gay (also I paid off my bank loan faster than expected)

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Well, daily missions suck. I got one that requires me to go to the cyborg citadel in north Avalon and upload a virus to a mainframe there.

I'm level 73, and omni. How the hell am I supposed to get through a dungeon full of level 100+ mobs? :argh:

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic and so am I
Spend seven full days and nights twinking.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I tried the same mission on my 83 fixer who is relatively well geared, and got stomped.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
Somehow I'm not really shocked. It's like somebody implemented these things and never even considered to actually test them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
If I start playing again seriously, I really need to twink my keeper into some better armor. He's still running around mostly in level 50 carb, I should be able to get him into level 100 or more at this point.

Carb armor is unquestionably one of the best armors you can get for a long time. Having more NCU and nanopool is useful to anyone.

• Locked thread