Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

Slim Pickens posted:

I hate hipster scum!

_______/

*is a hipster*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

that page posted:

WHY US? WHY NOW?

Because we read "The Road Not Taken" by Robert Frost, and were taught that art is a path chosen by those who will themselves into the unknown.

But apparently, not all of it:

Robert Frost posted:

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,
(emphasis mine)
http://www.bartleby.com/119/1.html

Most misused quote ever.

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!

Z3n posted:

They'd go great with your batman costume...you'd repel women like a proper goon

Oh shutup they'll think I'm awesome and cool. Well maybe not cool, but they'll think I am cute and charming for not repressing my inner child.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Tsaven Nava posted:

Well maybe not cool, but they'll think I am cute and charming for not repressing my inner child.

Ladies love manchildren.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Gay Nudist Dad posted:

But apparently, not all of it:

(emphasis mine)
http://www.bartleby.com/119/1.html

Most misused quote ever.

You're just not getting the irony of it man. Irony. We like it cause it's ironic.

Tsaven Nava posted:

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!

Oh shutup they'll think I'm awesome and cool. Well maybe not cool, but they'll think I am cute and charming for not repressing my inner child.

It seems to work for you, for some reason.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Tsaven Nava posted:

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!

If you skate into a room of ladies while wearing a batman motorcycle suit, and special rollerskate shoes that you ordered off the internet, you'll need some hip waders my friend.

Trust me on this one

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something

2ndclasscitizen posted:

A few good pics from Jerez.

I'm bitterly jealous of those kids on the Red Bull bikes. What a freaking awesome childhood.

Cool Pokemon cards you got this weekend, Jeff. What did I do this weekend? Oh, nothing much really. I just flew to loving Spain and raced one of the most well developed motorcycles in existence (for its class) on a professional race circuit and hung out with some of the best moto racers the world has ever seen. Also, I'm probably going to be a giant pussy magnet once I get to highschool.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Some
Of
The
Gear
Some
Of
The
Time

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande

hayden. posted:

I'm bitterly jealous of those kids on the Red Bull bikes. What a freaking awesome childhood.

Cool Pokemon cards you got this weekend, Jeff. What did I do this weekend? Oh, nothing much really. I just flew to loving Spain and raced one of the most well developed motorcycles in existence (for its class) on a professional race circuit and hung out with some of the best moto racers the world has ever seen. Also, I'm probably going to be a giant pussy magnet once I get to highschool.

Seriously. I look back on my childhood and am all :smith:

Also, what bikes are those?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Looks like the KTM RC125.

ranathari
May 26, 2006

by elpintogrande

hayden. posted:

I wouldn't be - if you read the interviews with Stoner when he was a kid on the international circuit you just feel sorry for him because he comes across as so lonely and isolated from normal children.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

ranathari posted:

I wouldn't be - if you read the interviews with Stoner when he was a kid on the international circuit you just feel sorry for him because he comes across as so lonely and isolated from normal children.

Yup. You don't make any friends, really, because you're competing with everyone out there, and it's not like you're in school or anything so...it's pretty hard on them.

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande

Z3n posted:

Yup. You don't make any friends.

Sounds like my childhood anyway :emo:. At least then I would have had an excuse for having no friends, instead of just being "that weird kid in the corner"

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Your first horribly awkward attempt at sex is blowing the load early on the stomach of a grid girl.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Hey Z3n, weren't you thinking about luggage setup for the DR-Z? Howzabout this:

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Ola posted:

Hey Z3n, weren't you thinking about luggage setup for the DR-Z? Howzabout this:

Compromises lean angle too much. Dragging the bottom of your trash cans hard bags does impress people though.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Z3n posted:

Compromises lean angle too much. Dragging the bottom of your trash cans hard bags does impress people though.

If you get the rolling cans with the wheels on them it wont matter :smug:

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

The new police you can't outrun us now C-14.
http://www.kawasaki.com/Content/pdfs/Concours14Police.pdf

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008

Retarded Pimp posted:

The new police you can't outrun us now C-14.
http://www.kawasaki.com/Content/pdfs/Concours14Police.pdf

Neato, a Concours with 200 pounds of crap bolted to it.

Sign me up?

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

I'm not going to lie, I'd be pretty happy if my job were to troll around on a C14 all day.

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande
Yeah but then it would also be your job to be a douchebag and spend all your time ruining people's days.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
You try to outrun a Conc14, you probably should have your day ruined a little.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

It's electronically limited to 155 I think, dunno if they changed that on the police cruisers. Either way liter bikes could still outrun it, though not as easily.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

nuh nuh why not go in a jet fighter an outrun the cops easily. You're a grown man in a developed nation, behave according to the laws of the land or be man enough to own up.

*fails to pay his fine due to drink*

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Roland Sands' bikes are awesome.

That started life as an XR1200.

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008

2ndclasscitizen posted:

why doesn't it have rear brakes? ... or a front brake lever?

... ok, loving seriously- why doesn't that bike have brakes?

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
So you've made yourself an FZR400 with a CBR900 engine shoehorned in. What do you now? Rest on your laurels? I don't think so! You get yourself another FZR400 Deltabox frame, and break out the frame jig!

:10bux: To whoever can guess what that engine came out of.

Oh, and you also fabricate a custom girder front end for FZR900.

Madness. Pure, awesome, madness.

(Threads are here and here, but I think you need to register and login to see them.)

PadreScout posted:

Probably not quite finished yet. But then again his MotoGP 990V5-powered boardtracker originally didn't have brakes.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

PadreScout posted:

I can see the rear brake pedal so the rotor its probably on the other side. (like stock).

And you can see the front brake reservoir so i assume there is a black lever attached.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Honda UX-3 Personal Mobility Prototype, it's like a mini one wheel segway.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuIJRsAuCHQ

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Retarded Pimp posted:

Asses of hotties, forever hidden from sight by Honda's cruel invention. But holy hell that thing is clever.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Retarded Pimp posted:

You know when you used to see cool future tech on TV as a kid, and you thought that you'd live to see it? Welp. That loving thing is from THE FUTURE!

And it's pretty sweet. I don't think I'd buy one, but it's really awesome.

Now if only Sony would bring back the Aibo. I WANT MY GODDAM ROBOT DOG! :argh:

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

2ndclasscitizen posted:

:10bux: To whoever can guess what that engine came out of.

That's the dude that was feature in PB awhile back, yeah? CBR1000RR engine shoved in an FZR400 frame? Underseat exhaust and Daytona 675 front plastics?

Ringo R
Dec 25, 2005

ช่วยแม่เฮ็ดนาแหน่เดัอ

Retarded Pimp posted:

Saw it a while back at a motor show. Seems like Honda only lets pretty girls ride(?) it. I want to see if it's able to balance a hambeast... or get a knee down.

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames
They should market it as the Honda PiMP

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Ringo R posted:

or get a knee down.

THAT would make it seriously loving awesome.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

2ndclasscitizen posted:

It has its brakes, you can kinda see a front brake lever and a rear brake pedal on it. You can see little bits of the rear brake caliper sticking out behind the sprocket(single-sided swingarm) and the reservoirs for both, too. I like the bike, but he should bring the rake in a bit though. The front seems to stick out a bit too much.

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 18:22 on May 7, 2010

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
Those better be leather stockings. I mean, they really better be. :fap:

dietcokefiend
Apr 28, 2004
HEY ILL HAV 2 TXT U L8TR I JUST DROVE IN 2 A DAYCARE AND SCRATCHED MY RAZR
drove the bike into work today, finally got my turb signals wired up

Went a bit nuts with the black silicone caulk on the inside, but I would rather go nuts than miss something and get a leak. The back panel will be covered once I am done and also hide the wiring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Z3n posted:

That's the dude that was feature in PB awhile back, yeah? CBR1000RR engine shoved in an FZR400 frame? Underseat exhaust and Daytona 675 front plastics?

That's the one getting the girder front, bodywork is all custom CF. The new one has a loving Blackbird engine. Hoooooooooly poo poo.