Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!

dietcokefiend posted:

Farkle

Now THAT is farkling the poo poo out of something.

Content...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008

eggyolk posted:

That woman is going to be unhappy when she lays that bike down.

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back

PadreScout posted:

That model posing with that bike for a photo shoot is going to be unhappy if she stubs a toe getting on and off it.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
THE CRASH AT JEREZ DORNA DIDN'T WANT YOU TO SEE!!!

http://blip.tv/file/3594319/

Looks really bad, but apparently he walked away and wanted to race, but doctors wouldn't let him despite finding nothing wrong. Can't blame them after watching that.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Retarded Pimp posted:

Honda UX-3 Personal Mobility Prototype, it's like a mini one wheel segway.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuIJRsAuCHQ

Yo dawg, we put wheels on your wheel so you can...uh...not fall over, I guess.
____________/

Bird-o-matic
Apr 19, 2007

its u, your the one, the rill dill
i look into ur eyes and i see

:ccb:

Slim Pickens posted:

Looks really bad, but apparently he walked away and wanted to race, but doctors wouldn't let him despite finding nothing wrong. Can't blame them after watching that.

Slight lung contusion found, that's why they took him to Jerez hospital for a scan.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something
Looks like the scariest scooter ride ever.

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

Slim Pickens posted:

Haha, synchronized saltos.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Wait, what? If the bike is capable of towing the camper, you already have a campground runabout--what do you need the car for? :psyduck:

(Assuming this photo isn't completely staged.)

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

To be fair they aren't moving in the photo, so who knows.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

It looks like one of those crazy goldwings designed to be tow vehicles.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

Spiffness posted:

What gave it away, the fact that it's towing something?

dietcokefiend
Apr 28, 2004
HEY ILL HAV 2 TXT U L8TR I JUST DROVE IN 2 A DAYCARE AND SCRATCHED MY RAZR

Spiffness posted:

The rear fairing

http://www.comingthrough.se/main.php?lang=UK&page=pro

Maximum towing weight

2500 kg (5500 lbs)

screengrab from part of the flash slideshow:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

hayden. posted:

What gave it away, the fact that it's towing something?

Probably the fact that he has his foot down :)

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

Bucephalus posted:

Wait, what? If the bike is capable of towing the camper, you already have a campground runabout--what do you need the car for? :psyduck:

(Assuming this photo isn't completely staged.)

Maybe the car broke down while towing the camper and the nice gentleman on the Goldwing stopped to help them?

Stappert
Mar 15, 2007

Went for a little ride around the outskirts of Oslo, stopped at a place called Frognerseteren to take in the view. :norway:

This building, built in the traditional dragestil ("dragon style"!), was raised in 1891 and serves as a restaurant/tourist tra- Wait a minute, what's that down in the corner?

Baws Haws! :patriot: Fun fact: These cost upward of $160,000 in Norway (stars and/or stripes not included).

The whole family was there, some little chopper outfit. Not in the mood for ridicule, I parked my little lawnmower bike elsewhere.

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008
Wow, I need to put Norway on my list of places to go here in July.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

PadreScout posted:

Wow, I need to put Norway on my list of places to go here in July.

You think that's nice, find just about any ride report posted by Ola. Norway is a breathtakingly gorgeous country, I'd love to go back someday, bike or no.

ranathari
May 26, 2006

by elpintogrande
Just needs a national speed limit that isn't so stupidly low.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Boat posted:

You think that's nice, find just about any ride report posted by Ola. Norway is a breathtakingly gorgeous country, I'd love to go back someday, bike or no.

Thanks for tooting my horn! :toot: :)

PadreScout, if you want to have a look at the steep side of Norway, check out these:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=474408

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3297788

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008
Hey Ola, this trip I am going to be without my machine (can't afford to have it shipped) would you recommend Norway to someone footing it around and taking public transit?

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande

Ola posted:

Thanks for tooting my horn! :toot: :)

PadreScout, if you want to have a look at the steep side of Norway, check out these:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=474408

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3297788

Crap, you just keep adding to the lists of languages I need to learn. If I want to ride there, I'll have to get some Russian down, and then of course the Norwegian.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

Tsaven Nava posted:

Crap, you just keep adding to the lists of languages I need to learn. If I want to ride there, I'll have to get some Russian down, and then of course the Norwegian.

What kind of American learns the language of the country he is visiting? Make those heathen bastards speak American!

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande
I think doing a solo motorcycle trip across a country without at least being able to stumble through the language is like wearing a giant gently caress WITH ME sign.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

Tsaven Nava posted:

I think doing a solo motorcycle trip across a country without at least being able to stumble through the language is like wearing a giant gently caress WITH ME sign.

Look how well it worked out for native people to gently caress with Columbus, Desoto, etc...

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande
So what you're saying is that I need to carry diseases that the native people have no natural resistance to. Hrm.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

Tsaven Nava posted:

So what you're saying is that I need to carry diseases that the native people have no natural resistance to. Hrm.

If we can find a way to bottle sunlight we may have the perfect weapon to use against the Norwegians!

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/video/ducati-multistrada-1200-s/1225985/

Jay Leno reviews new Multistrada, loads of cool gizmos but man i wouldn't like to be buying one second hand in a few years time, so much poo poo to go wrong.

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008

echomadman posted:

Jay Leno reviews new Multistrada, loads of cool gizmos but man i wouldn't like to be buying one second hand in a few years time, so much poo poo to go wrong.

Oh neat, Ducati made a R1200GS. Does BMW know about this?

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

PadreScout posted:

Oh neat, Ducati made a R1200GS. Does BMW know about this?

With traction control and proper sized tires.

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008

Z3n posted:

With traction control and proper sized tires.

GSes have some sort of digital stability control- sounds like fancy words for traction control to me.

edit:Ah, it's not, but there is optional traction control! Suck it, Italy.

PadreScout fucked around with this message at 01:05 on May 11, 2010

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

echomadman posted:

lol at his chin sticking out of the bottom of his helmet

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

PadreScout posted:

GSes have some sort of digital stability control- sounds like fancy words for traction control to me.

edit:Ah, it's not, but there is optional traction control! Suck it, Italy.

Huh, learn something every day. I didn't know the GS had an option for TC.

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008

Z3n posted:

Huh, learn something every day. I didn't know the GS had an option for TC.

I have to admit, that Multistrada is a hell of a machine. I looked it up online to see what one would hypothetically cost me. 20 grand. Ouch.

..sure is a nice looking machine though.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

Leno's video on the S1000RR really makes me want one over the eventual CBR1000RR I have planned.

Zaknafein
Nov 16, 2004
Half Filipino. Half Venezuelan. That makes me black, I think.

PadreScout posted:

I have to admit, that Multistrada is a hell of a machine. I looked it up online to see what one would hypothetically cost me. 20 grand. Ouch.

..sure is a nice looking machine though.

so many bikes...so little time and/or bank account

I almost pulled the trigger on a used multistrada but ended up with a used GS. To each their own.

Zaknafein
Nov 16, 2004
Half Filipino. Half Venezuelan. That makes me black, I think.

hayden. posted:

Leno's video on the S1000RR really makes me want one over the eventual CBR1000RR I have planned.

when I started looking for a new used bike, a gentleman traded in his 'busa for the RR.

a 65 year old....god I felt like a noob, which I am.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

Zaknafein posted:

so many bikes...so little time and/or bank account

I almost pulled the trigger on a used multistrada but ended up with a used GS. To each their own.

If I had the funds I'd honestly own about a dozen bikes and use them all for roughly the same purpose (commuting).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

ought ten posted:

Yo dawg, we put wheels on your wheel so you can...uh...not fall over, I guess.
____________/

The best part about that thing is if, hypothetically, you hit a small object or loose your balance somehow, unless you fall backwards it's going to be horribly painful.

Fall to the side? Face into a wall.
Fall to the front? Face into the floor.