Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:

Minidust posted:

I think this is the segment in question... the 0:51 mark in particular:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUiGKJDc3Pc

God I love Maryse.

Fake edit: I'm not her stalker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

Chilly McFreeze posted:

:geno:

But you did choose the right emoticon, it is a joke an old man with a pipe would make.

You might even say the joke was "old; painless" :smuggo:

Sharp_angus
Aug 10, 2005

I just love the game. I can't get enough of hackey!

Spikeguy posted:

I've heard reference to a show where Maryse gave Miz the gently caress me now eyes, but I've never actually seen it. Does anyone have pic of said incident, or video?

Here's a screenshot you can "right-click; save" your brains out to:

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

HulkaMatt posted:

Claudio said he would love to do NXT but this was before all the crazy competitions that don't mean anything started.

hahahaha if pointless competitions are a deterrent for him to sign with the WWE then maybe he deserves TNA

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Web Jew.0 posted:

maybe he deserves TNA

Why would you say this?

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

HulkaMatt posted:

Why would you say this?

lighter schedule and a chance to meet ric flair

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Karmine posted:

lighter schedule and a chance to meet ric flair

He already has!

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

HulkaMatt posted:

He already has!

All right fine a chance to meet Mick Foley :v:

In all seriousness though, is working for TNA really that bad? I mean yeah you're never gonna be booked well but you make roughly WWE money without having to work a WWE schedule.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Karmine posted:

All right fine a chance to meet Mick Foley :v:

In all seriousness though, is working for TNA really that bad? I mean yeah you're never gonna be booked well but you make roughly WWE money without having to work a WWE schedule.

He... already has? Maybe?

I've heard the pay in TNA is not anywhere close to WWE money.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Plus, most of the performers are paid per appearance, so it's not like they're making money if they're not appearing on TV.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

HulkaMatt posted:

I dunno when Claudio started in ROH so maybe they missed each other.

quote:

That's a shame but I guess I can imagine why.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

HulkaMatt posted:

WWE level money for guys in FCW.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Writer Cath posted:

Plus, most of the performers are paid per appearance, so it's not like they're making money if they're not appearing on TV.
But they get to keep working indies and TNA guys with national exposure earn more from indy feds.

If I had a family, I'd definitely go with TNA. It's a cool job but it's still just a job.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
the biggest benefit to being at TNA is that your Indy take immediately jumps. Pretty much, you can't take a booking for under $500 when you are a TNA star. I'm pretty sure TNA either gets a cut of it or has to know about your bookings so you do not appear in a DVD without their consent. All I know is that every wrestler who was a TNA talent that we booked in SCW or BCW were paid at least $500 and guys who got released from TNA usually dropped it to $250 after a little while.

So yeah, TNA does help a guy out in that regard. Maybe the D-Ray 3000's out there are not making $250-500 a booking but for the Johnny Devine's and Chase Steven's of the wrestling world, it's put more money in their pockets overall.

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009
August 30, 2003
Tazz takes a not-so-subtle jab at the Cat saying to Josh, "I know you’re used to working by yourself, but tonight you’re not, you know?"

help me out here I don't get that joke at all.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Web Jew.0 posted:

August 30, 2003
Tazz takes a not-so-subtle jab at the Cat saying to Josh, "I know you’re used to working by yourself, but tonight you’re not, you know?"

its a joke bout jerkin it

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

HulkaMatt posted:

he has.

AKA Driver
Apr 5, 2004
To the bubblecraft! Set control to hypochondria!

Web Jew.0 posted:

August 30, 2003

The Cat was the Velocity color guy before Tazz. So according to Tazz, Josh was essentially working by himself because Ernest Miller didn't add much to the mix.

But, it's probably a joke about jerkin' it.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Has anyone ever used a Loser Flip as a finisher? It's pretty cool.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

Has anyone ever used a Loser Flip as a finisher? It's pretty cool.

I've definitely seen clips of it from puro, but I can't remember the wrestler. Was it Takuya Sugi, maybe?

EDIT: Yes, it was.

disaster pastor fucked around with this message at 06:20 on May 8, 2010

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lone Rogue posted:

the biggest benefit to being at TNA is that your Indy take immediately jumps. Pretty much, you can't take a booking for under $500 when you are a TNA star. I'm pretty sure TNA either gets a cut of it or has to know about your bookings so you do not appear in a DVD without their consent. All I know is that every wrestler who was a TNA talent that we booked in SCW or BCW were paid at least $500 and guys who got released from TNA usually dropped it to $250 after a little while.

So yeah, TNA does help a guy out in that regard. Maybe the D-Ray 3000's out there are not making $250-500 a booking but for the Johnny Devine's and Chase Steven's of the wrestling world, it's put more money in their pockets overall.

But at the same time a lot of guys lose a lot of indy work because indy groups don't want to pay "big" money and deal with TNA's booking fee on top of that. Some will, but for many it will bust the budget for little increase in gate.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

TNA needs to go back to its working relationship with Ring of Honor. That worked out really well for everybody.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

LividLiquid posted:

TNA needs to go back to its working relationship with Ring of Honor. That worked out really well for everybody.

they did, tna just asks too much for its higher stars now. mcmg are wrestling in ROH tomorrow night.

Chop Licker
Apr 25, 2005

by mons al-madeen
me and maryse hang out

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

dusty udder smoker posted:

they did, tna just asks too much for its higher stars now. mcmg are wrestling in ROH tomorrow night.
They used to just straight up share talent. Now TNA guys can't appear at anything but ROH house shows and the bookings need to go through TNA. It sucks.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

LividLiquid posted:

They used to just straight up share talent. Now TNA guys can't appear at anything but ROH house shows and the bookings need to go through TNA. It sucks.

they used to straight up share talent because the asking price was far, far lower. AJ had an asking price of $900 per show near the end of his ROH run, and the prices only go up. Also, 90% of the shows ROH runs ARE house shows. The only ones that aren't are the TV tapings (which only run twice every two months) and iPPVs (four times a year). MCMG are brought in sparingly because they're the cheapest ones to bring in. It's not just ROH, it's ALL indies.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Well, yeah. I said that was because the bookings go through TNA, agreeing with you.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

SKINNY JEANS CANT HOLD BACK THIS ARC
TNA is never going to be good now, right?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

ultimateforce posted:

TNA is never going to be good now, right?
Yeah. Jarrett lost power by dating his biggest star's ex-wife (possibly before they were broken up), Hogan and Bischoff were given power, Russo is still loving writing and just about every homegrown talent that was interesting at all has been ruined, quit or been fired. Or is Samoa Joe and that's pretty much worse.

I went from huge fan to disappointed fan to fan-in-denial to battered wife back up to curious enough to watch just the live shows and now back to just never watching TNA until Russo stops writing, but even then it might be too late. This poo poo is just terrible. It's awful. This show is just a turd. It can't be fun. It can't be entertaining. It's just a turd.

Meanwhile, Smackdown hasn't been fun to watch in some time, NXT is horrible, RAW is embarrassing and I can't get ROH here (though even if I could, that black ring just bothers me so loving much that I don't know if I'd be able to. I really want to get over it. I just can't.)

It's kind of a dark time for Wrestling. I have a feeling it's going to shrink all over again. UFC is eating Wrestling's lunch and I'm really just following the wrestling business out of habit. The backstage drama is still interesting, but that's it. The on-screen happenings are terrible. I used to be able to put TNA on with my girlfriend and she'd be like, "HOLY poo poo! THIS IS PRO WRESTLING?!" then she'd see Raw and think it was dumber than poo poo. Russo came back and our days of watching iMPACT! together lasted about a month after that. She checked out a few of the live shows with me, but it just hasn't been the same.

I miss being able to take one of those douchebags who get all, "Why do you watch that poo poo?", show them ANY show, and have them at least understand the appeal. Now it's just a shameful thing. A shameful, shameful thing.

I hate what TNA has done to me and I don't know that it can ever be undone now.

Zack_Gochuck
Jan 4, 2007

Stupid Wrestling People

dusty udder smoker posted:

they used to straight up share talent because the asking price was far, far lower. AJ had an asking price of $900 per show near the end of his ROH run, and the prices only go up. Also, 90% of the shows ROH runs ARE house shows. The only ones that aren't are the TV tapings (which only run twice every two months) and iPPVs (four times a year). MCMG are brought in sparingly because they're the cheapest ones to bring in. It's not just ROH, it's ALL indies.

They used to straight up share talent because none of the TNA wrestlers were signed to actual contracts. I remember that the wrestling news sites exploded when they signed Joe to an actual exclusive contract.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

LividLiquid posted:

I went from huge fan to disappointed fan to fan-in-denial to battered wife back up to curious enough to watch just the live shows and now back to just never watching TNA until Russo stops writing, but even then it might be too late.

Apparently not watching means making more posts than anyone else in every impact thread?

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
Even in the darkest days of WCW, we still got the Triple Threat ladder match.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

LividLiquid posted:

Well, yeah. I said that was because the bookings go through TNA, agreeing with you.

i wasnt disagreeing with you either i was just specifying the situation

JavyOO7
Dec 4, 2005
y halo thar?
You can always catch ROH on HDNET on youtube every week. A user by "ROHBrazil" uploads all their episodes there. I hated the colors of the ring first but it grew on me.

Maybe you just need to take some time off from wrestling. Then come back months later, ignore everyone else's opinion on what you should or shouldn't like, and you'll be a better fan because of it.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
How is Smackdown terrible? It's match, match, match, match, promo, tag team match vs. Laycool (bearable), match, main event match.

The wrestling is extremely solid and all Matt Hardy has done in the last 4 weeks is get his head kicked in.

El Axo Grande
Apr 2, 2005

by T. Finn

JavyOO7 posted:

Maybe you just need to take some time off from wrestling. Then come back months later, ignore everyone else's opinion on what you should or shouldn't like, and you'll be a better fan because of it.

This is pretty good advice, I had a great time watching wrestling during my probation and avoiding the live threads.. I even enjoyed an episode of Impact believe it or not.

Von Dozier
Jul 10, 2009

by Peatpot

LividLiquid posted:

I'm really just following the wrestling business out of habit. The backstage drama is still interesting, but that's it. The on-screen happenings are terrible.

This is what I've been doing since 2002.

I'll flip to RAW once or twice a month and that's it for my wrestling for the week.

Otherwise I just browse WH2k and read dirt sheets because IT USED TO BE REAL TO ME DAMMIT

Dragging Iron Feet
Nov 10, 2007

by T. Finn
Why is everyone hating on NXT? I mean the challanges aren't the greatest but it's working really well to help build the next generation. I mean I probably wouldn't give a poo poo about Tarver if he debuted on Raw with no hype but they're building him really well on NXT and it looks as though the blowoff match is gonna be Miz vs AmDrag @ Summerslam and how can you hate on that?

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

It's not entertaining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
It would have been cooler ten years ago after the first season of Survivor, when every new show was about people performing wacky tasks for prizes and immunities. I'm expecting a "which rookie will eat the weirdest poo poo" challenge very soon.