Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary

Tony Danza Claus posted:

And then kept going until they had 140 minute runtime. :suicide:
Yeah, it boggles the mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Plavski posted:

I think it's more to do with the fact that there's basically no plot and they had to get a 90 minute runtime somehow.

Yeah I'm honestly a little puzzled as to what the point of that movie was. If I've got it right, it was basically:

Edward: I love you bella whoops I'm a vampire and that's suddenly a problem now, bye

Jacob: I love you bella whoops I'm a werewolf gotta go

Edward: I'm back for some reason but I think you're dead because you jumped off a cliff for some reason and I want to die

Edward: Oh ok you're not dead but now I have to turn you into a vampire because of old gay men, also marry me

*credits*

edit: Remembered another favorite line: "Kissing is kind of like wifi, you just have to be in the general vicinity and it counts"

Ainsley McTree fucked around with this message at 07:48 on May 10, 2010

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

^^^ Somewhere in the middle there's Bella going "Hey Jacob my vampire boyfriend dumped me so I totally love you now, oh no wait he's back I never loved you sorry", otherwise yeah that's it.

Plavski posted:

Looking forward to the Goblet though, especially considering it's the first big Twilight/Harry Potter crossover with old Foot-Face an' all.

Have they actually referred to his face as looking like a foot at any point? Because they do make an awful lot of jokes based on internet memes or SA references.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I couldn't stop laughing at "I can has wizard?" at the start of Sorceror's Stone.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Tender Bender posted:

I couldn't stop laughing at "I can has wizard?" at the start of Sorceror's Stone.
:ughh:

You're just encouraging the worst of the meme-related jokes they make. Stop it!

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Plavski posted:

:ughh:

You're just encouraging the worst of the meme-related jokes they make. Stop it!

I thought that's why it was funny, like when one of them makes an awful pun or reference and everyone else groans.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

New Moon riff had a good point - in Italy where they were leading all the people (including children) to their deaths from vampires. What kind of crazy bitch is Bella?

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

GreenNight posted:

New Moon riff had a good point - in Italy where they were leading all the people (including children) to their deaths from vampires. What kind of crazy bitch is Bella?
She's in looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove.

And a psychopath.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

GreenNight posted:

Oh yeah, that was another great riff; "again, the local police must encourage all tourists not to go on tours in that castle, where tour groups have been getting mysteriously murdered on a regular basis"

Or something like that.

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.

Tender Bender posted:

<The threesome sees Mrs Norris hanging on the wall>

Bill: She'll never lol again

Edit: Also,

<Tom Riddle writes out Voldemort in fiery letters>
Kevin:: So, you supervillain types really go for childish word games, huh?
Bill: Yes, in fact I turned my name into a dirty limerick: "There once was a wizard named Voldemort/ Who partied all night in Hyannis Port/ He awoke feeling sore/ Pulled out twelve dollars more/ and said, "Madam—"
Mike and Kevin: That's quite enough Bill!
Bill: What, it's only 5 more words.

CommanderApaul fucked around with this message at 01:50 on May 11, 2010

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

They didn't mention this during the Quidditch match in the first HP, and it's something that always bugged me: WHY do the rest of the team even bother playing when the win all hinges on catching the snitch anyway, rendering all that effort meaningless? They could all just sit on the ground and play poker and let the seekers do their thing for half an hour.

I was disappointed, kept waiting for them to bring it up and they didn't. I hope they do in the later ones. :(

CommanderApaul posted:

Kevin:: So, you supervillain types really go for childish word games, huh?
Bill: Yes, in fact I turned my name into a dirty limerick: "There once was a wizard named Voldemort/ Who partied all night in Hyannis Port/ He awoke feeling sore/ Pulled out twelve dollars more/ and said, "Madam—"
Mike and Kevin: That's quite enough Bill!
Bill: What, it's only 5 more words.

I don't get it :saddowns:

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Corridor posted:

I don't get it :saddowns:

I'm guessing "whore" would be one of those final 5 words.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Universe Master posted:

I'm guessing "whore" would be one of those final 5 words.

That is not how limericks work.

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

Corridor posted:

They didn't mention this during the Quidditch match in the first HP, and it's something that always bugged me: WHY do the rest of the team even bother playing when the win all hinges on catching the snitch anyway, rendering all that effort meaningless? They could all just sit on the ground and play poker and let the seekers do their thing for half an hour.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quidditch

And, if you want to wikigroan, that's easily longer than the article on soccer.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Corridor posted:

In the Quidditch world cup one of the teams gets the snitch but loses on points.

Not that it matters because Quidditch :ughh:

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

Tender Bender posted:

I thought that's why it was funny, like when one of them makes an awful pun or reference and everyone else groans.

When Kevin says "LOL" right after, it does sound like he's rolling his eyes a little.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Watching the trailer for Robin Hood leads me to believe it will be excellent riffing fodder if only for the line, "I declare him to be an outLAWWWWWW!".

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Sheldrake posted:

And, if you want to wikigroan, that's easily longer than the article on soccer.

That does it. I'm committing the rest of my life to destroying the internet.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Corridor posted:

I was disappointed, kept waiting for them to bring it up and they didn't. I hope they do in the later ones. :(

In the very first novel it's pretty much played as a joke, introducing this whole complicated game with all this different terminology and such and then rendering it all meaningless with the arbitrary winning conditions. It's just that it subsequently lost the humor once people started actually taking Quidditch seriously in the movies/sequels.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

In the very first novel it's pretty much played as a joke, introducing this whole complicated game with all this different terminology and such and then rendering it all meaningless with the arbitrary winning conditions. It's just that it subsequently lost the humor once people started actually taking Quidditch seriously in the movies/sequels.

Yeah, I dig that. The first 4 books or so were adorable and silly. Then they (Rowling, fans, media) tried to turn that adorable silly world into something more serious and realistic and it just failed on so many levels.

Still wished they'd mention how retarded Quidditch scoring is though.

But anyway. I've decided that my favourite Rifftrax, not including shorts, are the older classics from the 50s and earlier, the B&W ones like House On Haunted Hill and Night Of The Living Dead. Have they done any other ones like these?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Corridor posted:

Yeah, I dig that. The first 4 books or so were adorable and silly. Then they (Rowling, fans, media) tried to turn that adorable silly world into something more serious and realistic and it just failed on so many levels.

Still wished they'd mention how retarded Quidditch scoring is though.

But anyway. I've decided that my favourite Rifftrax, not including shorts, are the older classics from the 50s and earlier, the B&W ones like House On Haunted Hill and Night Of The Living Dead. Have they done any other ones like these?

I rather like the "Little House of Horrors" Rifftrax when I rented it from Netflix. Had some really good riffs there.

A Clever Pun
Mar 27, 2010
Hey, I've only seen a "Best of" compilation; could someone please explain to me the reason behind the whole "Cerebro/Magneto" joke? Did they even have one?

edit: poo poo, I'm a retard, I was talking about X-Men. Yeah.

A Clever Pun fucked around with this message at 11:04 on May 13, 2010

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Corridor posted:

If you like the older films check out their takes on Voodoo Man, Maniac and Reefer Madness. Since all those films are public domain they sell pre-synced video versions for about $10. Out of those Voodoo Man is probably the best as it has Bela Lugosi, John Carradine and "voodoo" that has no ethnic people at all.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

A Clever Pun posted:

Hey, I've only seen a "Best of" compilation; could someone please explain to me the reason behind the whole "Cerebro/Magneto" joke? Did they even have one?

edit: poo poo, I'm a retard, I was talking about X-Men. Yeah.

Basically just a joke on the accents of Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellan. Whenever the names Magneto or Cerebro popped up, they'd shoot back with the opposite. No real joke except a callback to the X-Men riffs. Kevin tried to join in and Mike and Bill shot him down in a later riff. "No! Our joke! Not for Kevin!"

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

If you like the older films check out their takes on Voodoo Man, Maniac and Reefer Madness. Since all those films are public domain they sell pre-synced video versions for about $10. Out of those Voodoo Man is probably the best as it has Bela Lugosi, John Carradine and "voodoo" that has no ethnic people at all.

poo poo, you already had me sold on the first two points, but the third makes it an impulse buy.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
The sample for GoF is online now........and it looks like this will be the best Potter riff yet.

"The Durmstrang Champion is...Viktor Krum!"

Bill: "His father Salacious Crumb will be soooo proud!!"

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Favorite lines:

From The Sixth Sense, after the "twist" there's a long period of silence.

"We'll give you a minute to explain to the girl you're only dating for her body what just happened."

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Have any of you watched the GoF riff yet?

There's a "loving Magnets; How do they work" reference.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Yes, but it also has a Chuck Norris joke.

Despite that, it's very funny. But I've always liked the Harry Potter riffs.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

It was a very good riff. I love all the abuse they fling at Robert Pattinson.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Helter Skelter posted:

It was a very good riff. I love all the abuse they fling at Robert Pattinson.

Yeah, it was pretty good. The movie, not so much.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

And the abuse they throw at Dumbledore.

"Dumbledore's a sick, sadistic demon. Possibly even Satan himself."

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I was rewatching the Riffshort "Your Chance to Live" today and it's just a great example of how funny these guys are.

"Pith helmets! Just like ole Dan'l Boone used to wear!"

"Hi, I'm Stan Moff Tarkin."

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

Tender Bender posted:

I can haz six movie contract?

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.

I was rewatching the Riffshort "Your Chance to Live" today and it's just a great example of how funny these guys are.

"Pith helmets! Just like ole Dan'l Boone used to wear!"

"Hi, I'm Stan Moff Tarkin."

The best is Bill's creepy growling whenever the weird narrator guy looks at the camera. That and, "You just found a guy talking to himself and decided to film him didn't you?"

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Robert Denby posted:

The best is Bill's creepy growling whenever the weird narrator guy looks at the camera. That and, "You just found a guy talking to himself and decided to film him didn't you?"

I think my favorite bit is "Are they inside or outside?"

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
For some reason I can't order some of the shorts, it just reloads the page and doesn't add them to the cart. What gives?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Captain Invictus posted:

For some reason I can't order some of the shorts, it just reloads the page and doesn't add them to the cart. What gives?

I had that happen a couple of times. I cleared my cache and that seemed to work. If not, contact tech support. They're usually pretty quick to respond (well, during office hours!).

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
A new short is up about taking care of your things.

Here's your hero:

There's also a talking pillow:

As well as a Romanian chess set and endlessly bad, looping Ren Faire music.

Enjoy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I finally have purchased every single short, went through and bought like 35 ones I hadn't yet for whatever reason. It is a good day.

• Locked thread