Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

Fish Of Doom posted:

!!

Holy poo poo, never saw that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

Fish Of Doom posted:

Is it just me, or does his hips and legs look too big?

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

ToyNewsI has pics of the Guy Gardner up.

Love that smarmy grin.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sanschel posted:

ToyNewsI has pics of the Guy Gardner up.

Love that smarmy grin.

Looks great but I still wish they'd used his new hair.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

The Action Man posted:

Has Hasbor announced what's happening with the upcoming Two-packs yet? I can't seem to google anything, but the winners of the vote.

Yeah, they showd pictures at Toyfair. The final packs are

Deadpool and Warpath
Valkyrie and Hulk
Black Widow and Winter Soldier

They're actually better looking than the SDCC stuff they showed a year ago. I like the Hulk built on the Red Hulk body. Plus, I mean, Black Widow...

More pictures here: http://idlehands1.blogspot.com/2010/02/toy-fair-2010-hasbro-marvel-legends-2.html

Starsnostars posted:

Is it just me, or does his hips and legs look too big?

While I agree, he is often drawn with epic child-bearing hips.

Fish Of Doom fucked around with this message at 02:00 on May 8, 2010

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!

Vaporware posted:

Got peaceday and the noms, but I gotta wait until I'm home to open them.

I've been cut off now that I finally got the TQs. I mean I'm happy with what I have on order, but man it's gonna suck if something really cool comes out and I have to pay double to get it later.

I totalled it up over the last 2 years, and ash has dropped $15k in merchandise, half of which is in WWR.

Good news is that things should be quiet this month and next at least. The only announced thing I'm interested in is the 1/6 heavy bramble (depending on colorway), and some WWRp Dropcloths.

I'm mostly happy collecting his WWRp stuff from a cost perspective. I don't have a completionist mentality, but I do want to have one or two at least of every bot (or 12, as Bertie's concerned). I am trying to stay away from 1/6 for now, but the Popbot / Badbot / Oyabun TK are a must for me, as I missed Oyabun the first time around. I'm also interested in Heavy Bramble, which sucks; I wish I wasn't so into his stuff. It's so hard collecting his poo poo because he splits the colorways so it's hard to keep a theme going.

When the Metal Gear stuff comes out, I am going to cry. I am not joking about this. And if Judge Dredd / Tank Girl come out this year? Ugh.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
He's said that metal gear rex and ray are some time this year, so get out your tissues. I expect him to drop those around chistmas time, unless the owners want them to rework it. IF, IF he does another 2000AD or Tank Girl 1/6th it'll be much later this year. We haven't seen anything on 2000AD or tank girl, except that tank girl protos will be at beijing.

here's my guess on when stuff will be in hand. Phantasy league shipping.
April
Retail NomCom
NW/DW Dropcloths

May
Bamba NomCom
Peaceday DC
EMGY DC
4Pk DC
Tommies
Retail Berties
Retail Excl. Berties

June
3AA Nom
Beijing poo poo
Desert NomComs?
Retail DC

July
Tharg
Jung deplume
Large Martins

August
Lil Shadow
Popbot
Badbot
Armstrongz

September
3xTQ

October & beyond
Heavy Bramble
Bertie Mk3
Dropcloth Sidecar
Tank Girl
Metal Gears

It tapers off around July, but since Beijing is late june to begin with I just don't expect things to be shipping out that much. I think we'll see the pre-orders for the new 1/6th bots around july/august.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

Fish Of Doom posted:

Yeah, they showd pictures at Toyfair. The final packs are

Deadpool and Warpath
Valkyrie and Hulk
Black Widow and Winter Soldier

They're actually better looking than the SDCC stuff they showed a year ago. I like the Hulk built on the Red Hulk body. Plus, I mean, Black Widow...

More pictures here: http://idlehands1.blogspot.com/2010/02/toy-fair-2010-hasbro-marvel-legends-2.html

I was really hoping that Warpath and Deadpool was just a rumor. Does anybody actually want a Warpath?

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

The Action Man posted:

I was really hoping that Warpath and Deadpool was just a rumor. Does anybody actually want a Warpath?

No, but I REALLY wanted Multiple Man (and would have happily bought at least two).

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Hey Xeno I got your Dark Trooper. I think we have a K'kruhk the other Wing Guard and the Space Trooper left out there. Any interest in those lemme know. It's been a busy Saturday for some reason so I haven't had my usual time to pick through the pegs.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

The Rage posted:

Hey Xeno I got your Dark Trooper. I think we have a K'kruhk the other Wing Guard and the Space Trooper left out there. Any interest in those lemme know. It's been a busy Saturday for some reason so I haven't had my usual time to pick through the pegs.
Nah, I think I'll pass on those. The only others I was really interested in were Jaina Solo and the new Shaak Ti one.

Thanks again for looking for me! :hfive:

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Np when they pull the next case I'll grab those two for you. Jacen is in there too if you want him.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Last night I was complaining to my brother that I had been unable to find the Borders exclusive Iron Man 2 figure. Today he sends me a picture of one he picked up at his local Hastings. I'm feeling good about it.

I go to target to check the shelves and what do I see? Movie version War Machine, the Iron Man with the devilish horns, and the buffed out marvel vs capcom looking Iron Man.

Upon further digging I find the Hulkbuster Iron Man which I've been wanting from day one. There was a guy going through the pegs before me and when I pulled it off the rack and he realized he'd overlooked it he was visually pained.

I'm finding it hard not to tear them all open and pose them.

Stolen from page 41 for your reference:

Blackchamber fucked around with this message at 01:07 on May 11, 2010

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I scored the Wal-Mart exclusive 6" Iron Man 2 figures, War Machine and the Mk6 armor.

What are the Borders/Hastings exclusive figures?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Xenomrph posted:

I scored the Wal-Mart exclusive 6" Iron Man 2 figures, War Machine and the Mk6 armor.

What are the Borders/Hastings exclusive figures?

Marvel Select Iron Man/War Machine. They don't look as good as the Wal-Mart 6 inchers.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Joe Fisto posted:

Marvel Select Iron Man/War Machine. They don't look as good as the Wal-Mart 6 inchers.

The Marvel Select War Machine doesn't even have half of the detail of even the 3.75 inch version, I'd say. He doesn't have any of the markings or even the ammo feed belt.

He's still neat looking, but I agree, he doesn't hold a candle to the 6 inch version. (And not quite worth the $20 I paid for him at my LCBS.)

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

Shiftypenguin posted:

The Marvel Select War Machine doesn't even have half of the detail of even the 3.75 inch version, I'd say. He doesn't have any of the markings or even the ammo feed belt.

He's still neat looking, but I agree, he doesn't hold a candle to the 6 inch version. (And not quite worth the $20 I paid for him at my LCBS.)

I work at a Borders right now, and I'm going for the Walmart versions. It just looks so much better.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

So I thought the only Wal-Mart exclusive Iron Man 2 figures were the Mark VI and War Machine.

And then I stumbled across this:

Click here for the full 600x944 image.

Anyone know when it's being released? And if there are other 6" scale figures Wal-Mart is going to get?

I really liked the 6" scale figures from the first movie, too. Especially movie-styled Titanium Man, he was my favorite of the lot.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.
Anyone know what happened to Wave 4 of the 3 inch Iron Man series? It's supposed to be out this month, but I haven't even seen previews of how the figures should look. Really looking forward to army building with the drones man. But when you can't even find some on eBay just for a sneak peak, I wonder if the line was delayed or worse...

Wave 4:
1x Air Assault Drone
2x Iron Man Ultimate Armor
1x Mark IV Iron Man
1x Mark V Suitcase Iron Man
1x Mark VI Iron Man
2x Mark VI Iron Man Version 02
1x Stealth Iron Man
1x War Machine
1x Weapon Assault Drone
1x Whiplash

Mapocho
Dec 14, 2006

No pares de creer.
I am really enjoying these Iron Man figures.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Wow, those are really awesome figures.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Swung by Toys R Us for the first time in 3 months today, had no idea the IM2 Mighty Muggs were so plentiful, they must've had 40 of each one. Snagged those and wandered over to the action figure aisles where I picked up another Batman Action League 2 pack that I was missing.

Oh and found a freshly put out case of DC Wave 11, complete with a Question.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

Rhyno posted:

Swung by Toys R Us for the first time in 3 months today, had no idea the IM2 Mighty Muggs were so plentiful, they must've had 40 of each one. Snagged those and wandered over to the action figure aisles where I picked up another Batman Action League 2 pack that I was missing.

Oh and found a freshly put out case of DC Wave 11, complete with a Question.

I scored a green Steppenwolf from TRU 2 weeks ago. I'm glad to see that the good luck's going around.

edit: I don't see the text in the thread right now.

The Action Man fucked around with this message at 16:26 on May 16, 2010

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

So can we expect Iron Man 2 figures of, like, the villains from the movie? Like, both versions of Whiplash, the random drones, etc?

I mean, 187 different versions of Iron Man are cool and all, I'd just like to see some figures of stuff for him to fight too, I guess.
Hell, if they re-did the Iron Man 1 "Titanium Man" movie figure I posted earlier in 3.75" scale, I'd buy it again.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.

Xenomrph posted:

So can we expect Iron Man 2 figures of, like, the villains from the movie? Like, both versions of Whiplash, the random drones, etc?

I mean, 187 different versions of Iron Man are cool and all, I'd just like to see some figures of stuff for him to fight too, I guess.
Hell, if they re-did the Iron Man 1 "Titanium Man" movie figure I posted earlier in 3.75" scale, I'd buy it again.

Yeah that's the question I posted several posts back but no one wants to answer it (or has no answer for it)

Wave 4 of the 3 inch line is SUPPOSED to have:

1x Air Assault Drone
1x Mark IV Iron Man
1x Mark V Suitcase Iron Man
1x Mark VI Iron Man
1x Stealth Iron Man
1x War Machine
1x Weapon Assault Drone
1x Whiplash

But I've seen neither hide nor hair of even production shots of the fuckers which makes me worry. The only thing I was able to find was that packing list.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Jet Ready Go posted:

I kinda wonder what those are.

Like, maybe the Ultimate one is from the Ultimate Iron Man comics, but I wonder what Mark VI version 2 is.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I've heard rumors the 2nd versions were supposed to be the same Mark VI armor but with Tony Starks head on it (to pretend he just took off his helmet or something) and that War Machine will have a similar one.

I dunno if it's fully Stark/Rhodes heads or like "Unmasked" versions where they are wearing the helmet but with the visors up.

I've yet to see pictures of those too, so I really have no idea what to believe.

Because heads always look sort of funky in this scale, especially with Hasbro MARVEL paintjobs.. I'm hoping its "Visors Up" version because at least they don't have to sculpt believable hair on it. Whiplash looks awful....

SOMEHOW GI Joes faces can look somewhat normal/believable but almost all Marvel Toy incarnations of human faces in the 3-inch scale look like monstrosities.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Mapocho posted:

I love this Iron Man. He's really really shiny, has great head articulation, and actually looks good on that weird blast off base that came with the other Iron Man.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Fish Of Doom posted:

I love this Iron Man. He's really really shiny, has great head articulation, and actually looks good on that weird blast off base that came with the other Iron Man.

Him and Thor are some of the best ones out of MU so far. (Even though my Extremis Iron Man had one of his calves backwards. Luckily the plastic is soft and it was easily fixed.)

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I was browsing Marvelous News and found some backstories I hadn't seen here, so I'll link them for those interested.

Hot Toys Movie Masterpiece Black Widow She has real hair! And a weird facial expression. Much as owning Scarlett Johansson would be nice, I think I can safely pass on this one.

Toys'R'Us Series 7 Minimates Ugh, more TRU exclusive minimates to either stab someone in the parking lot to get, or pay retarded ebay prices for. Even worse, the TRU exclusives are loving awesome: Gamma Hulk & Hulkbuster, and original Psylocke and Lockjaw. LOCKJAW. gently caress YOU EXCLUSIVITY I WANT LOCKJAW.

Captain America Through the Ages Minimates Poll Until May 31, pick which Cap you like best for a new boxed set. The only really new ones are the "Frozen in Ice" and "Stupid 90s Armor" versions; the others have all been made in some fashion.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
DCUC Wave 15!

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/ContentTheme/pbPage.News

Martian Manhunter, Jack Knight Starman and Raven. I may cream myself.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Sanschel posted:

Hot Toys Movie Masterpiece Black Widow She has real hair! And a weird facial expression. Much as owning Scarlett Johansson would be nice, I think I can safely pass on this one.

That's the best rooted hair I've ever seen on anything.

Djarum posted:

DCUC Wave 15!

Raven's the only must for that wave, but it's cool that Jack Knight's the variant Starman. I thought for sure it would be the modern space looking one. Validus is pretty rad, but not rad enough to spend $120 to get the whole set for.

Edit: Apparently K-mart is getting these a few months before everyone else? Since when is K-Mart part of the retail toy scene again?

Fish Of Doom fucked around with this message at 21:06 on May 17, 2010

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
drat it. Need that Jack Knight. Need it NOW.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I was overjoyed to see Jack Knight is the "modern Starman" they've been promising, and not boring-rear end Thom Kallor. After Beetle and Booster, Jack is my favorite character in comics, and Starman is my favorite series of all time. I have the early DC Direct figure and even the HeroClix piece, but this should be the perfect, quintessential Jack Knight collectible ever.

Now the Four Horsemen just need to make a good Tony Harris-esque Shade, to replace the horribly goofy Silver Age-style DC Direct version.

Mapocho
Dec 14, 2006

No pares de creer.
Sweet OMAC! Man those JLU figures are so drat boring.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Mapocho posted:

Sweet OMAC! Man those JLU figures are so drat boring.

I still kinda-sorta collect JLU (I've never been a completist), and I agree. So far in 2010, I've picked up Plastic Man, Captain Cold, and Captain Boomerang, but there hasn't been anything from that line to impress or excite me in years. If SDCC doesn't reveal at least a few cool new JLU figures, I'll be tempted to downsize my entire collection. As of now, I don't even display them because I can't figure out a foolproof way to keep them all from toppling like dominoes.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

Djarum posted:

DCUC Wave 15!

Martian Manhunter FINALLY. Between that and OMAC, I'm actually really psyched about this wave. And if they're giving us OMAC, maybe there's a chance of a Kirby-style Sandman someday.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

Sanschel posted:

Captain America Through the Ages Minimates Poll Until May 31, pick which Cap you like best for a new boxed set. The only really new ones are the "Frozen in Ice" and "Stupid 90s Armor" versions; the others have all been made in some fashion.

Is the 90s one with the laser shield? Cause if they do that in translucent plastic, that would be rocking :haw:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Is the 90s one with the laser shield? Cause if they do that in translucent plastic, that would be rocking :haw:

Nah this was before that. Cap found out the SS Serum was deteriorating and Tony Stark built him some armor. The laser shield was a year or afterwards when Waid did his first run on the book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shookies
Aug 17, 2003

A Magic Hand took my Freeze-Gun!!

Djarum posted:

DCUC Wave 15!

JLU Batman Beyond is the only decent one.

Justice Lord Batman is the coolest JLU figure of them all.

http://www.superherotimes.com/newsarchive/001996.php

Shookies fucked around with this message at 21:05 on May 18, 2010