Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

c355n4 posted:

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/pts/1727784913.html

Anyone need three 20ft trailers full of NOS pre-1980 Subaru Parts?

AI should put together a fund to purchase NOS parts and store them at a central location for everyone in the forum to use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

Sir Tonk posted:

AI should put together a fund to purchase NOS parts and store them at a central location for everyone in the forum to use.

Maybe on an aircraft carrier or an island perhaps?

STOP LITTERING
Sep 11, 2005

E: If this ad is true, and I had 40k in the bank I'd be near penniless tomorrow.

STOP LITTERING fucked around with this message at 11:50 on May 9, 2010

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

What do you guys think of this? I've been communicating with the seller and he says there is no rust and that there are no mechanical problems. The only thing that worries me is the mileage, but the price seems very good.

http://lancaster.craigslist.org/cto/1725051905.html

Click here for the full 1024x600 image.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Corny Cornflake posted:

E: If this ad is true, and I had 40k in the bank I'd be near penniless tomorrow.
It's pretty much straight-up, actually. And that sounds ok money if the car's in decent nick.

vs Dinosaurs
Mar 14, 2009

Imperador do Brasil posted:

What do you guys think of this? I've been communicating with the seller and he says there is no rust and that there are no mechanical problems. The only thing that worries me is the mileage, but the price seems very good.

http://lancaster.craigslist.org/cto/1725051905.html

Click here for the full 1024x600 image.

Wrong thread bro-dude, but approaching 300k seems like dangerous territory.

Nathan Explosion
Aug 14, 2006
A whole new rainbow of pain!

MATLAB 1988 posted:

$2800 which is about the top end for XT's because nobody wants them.

Click here for the full 877x761 image.

I want one :(

My first car was an 89 XT. Baby blue with 4wd and a 5 speed. I want to have another so bad, but it's so hard to find one that isn't hosed. That goddamn pneumatic suspension is a nightmare.

Nathan Explosion
Aug 14, 2006
A whole new rainbow of pain!

Imperador do Brasil posted:

no rust

Sup central PA buddy. I'm in York. Living where we do you should know already that any 20 year old car is going to be riddled with cancer. PENNDOT loves to encrust the roads with an inch of salt for half of the year.

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009
ohmygod, someone stop me from buying this. :ohdear: I know it's a horrible stupid idea, and these are regarded as moneypit poo poo cars by almost everyone but they're loving awesome and V12 and I've always wanted one and $800 ohfuckohfuckohfuck :derp:

http://longisland.craigslist.org/cto/1720946369.html

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

For $800? gently caress, I'd part it out for that. Go for it
if you're a masochist

hippynerd
Nov 5, 2004

by Ozma
http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/lbg/1729206423.html

Help me Diamond plate my Jeep (se)
Date: 2010-05-07, 10:01AM PDT
Reply to: gigs-zwwnq-1729206423@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

i have access to loads of scrap diamond plating and i want to use all these 4 x 2 and 3 x 3 remnants of plating to cover almost my entire jeep. inside and out..
my jeep inst pretty as is but has a good surface for us to start on.
so i supply the diamond plating , and you supply the experience and know how..
im guessing this might take a day to 2 days max..
willing to discuss a reasonable pay with someone..not looking to spend alot. maybe 10 bucks and hour and i supply beers.. should be a sweet project.
from what i hear diamond plating is easy to cut and mold but im not sure how to tack it to the car. do we weld it up or tack it up , screw?
this is why i need you , plus i have zero experience with cutting and molding the stuff..

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Black88GTA posted:

ohmygod, someone stop me from buying this. :ohdear: I know it's a horrible stupid idea, and these are regarded as moneypit poo poo cars by almost everyone but they're loving awesome and V12 and I've always wanted one and $800 ohfuckohfuckohfuck :derp:

Ah, gently caress it, just buy it. I would. What's the worst that could happen?

Rogz
Jul 22, 2009

Mr booby head vagina man.
^^^ Epic project thread!

giundy
Dec 10, 2005

From a few pages back but I actually got heartburn when I saw this. I think its just because every single line is just wrong, its messing with my head.

Sh4
Feb 8, 2009

Black88GTA posted:

This is the car I think about when someone mention "moneypit", seriously you can throw wads of cash at it and it will never run right

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

Black88GTA posted:

Pretty drat sure that's a GM transmission behind the lump. A lot of guys dump the complex, failure prone and underpowered v12 for a SBC. Personally I think a LQ4 would be a hot setup.

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006
Nothing sorts out an old jaguar quite as cheaply as an SBC swap

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Put a 327 under it and you can still keep the 5.3lt badges on the back :)

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

giundy posted:

I think its just because every single line is just wrong

None more wrong than the drive line

rhombus
Apr 20, 2002

This seems like a deal. If only I had a spot to park it.

Click here for the full 829x862 image.

vs Dinosaurs
Mar 14, 2009

rhombus posted:

This seems like a deal. If only I had a spot to park it.

Click here for the full 829x862 image.

$1800? What is the catch?

tehllama
Apr 30, 2009

Hook, swing.

giundy posted:

From a few pages back but I actually got heartburn when I saw this. I think its just because every single line is just wrong, its messing with my head.

I would buy that just to destroy it in front of the builder.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

quote:

I have a 1993 Ford Probe GT, it's in excellent mechanical condition and runs and drives perfect. It has a cold air intake on it and I just did a tune-up(new plugs, wires, and dist. cap) less than a month ago. I'm selling it because I need money for a car with room, I have 2 young daughters. The only bad things with this car is the clear coat is coming off visibly and The hydralic arms that hold the hatch open are shot, they are around $15 new at oreilly. I will take a reasonable cash offer but it will need to be real close the $1500 ballpark. I have put alot of time and money into this car and am sad to have to sell it. Note: I will accept a dirt bike or street bike as partial trade. make an offer.

Click here for the full 966x631 image.

Seriously?

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!

angryhampster posted:

Click here for the full 966x631 image.

Seriously?

Sidecars, brah, like training wheels that ladies can ride in.

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD
It's like he lost his train of thought while he was writing the ad.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

vs Dinosaurs posted:

It looks like this? :downs:

el topo
Apr 11, 2008

by Fistgrrl
Who puts only 85k miles on a car over 22 years?.. that seems a bit suspect.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

el topo posted:

At my current pace, the ITR will have 82,000 miles by the time it turns 22 years old. I think I'll want more than $1,800 for it though.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

trouser chili posted:

At my current pace, the ITR will have 82,000 miles by the time it turns 22 years old. I think I'll want more than $1,800 for it though.

Surely the insurance company will pay out more than that?

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

frozenphil posted:

Surely the insurance company will pay out more than that?

Dunno, regular insurance company policies are weird about old cars. For example, my 1974 IHC 100 pickup is worth about $100 according to insurance, which is like a bottomed out token amount. I insure my ITR through Hagerty though, which is stated value policy. I have it insured for $12,000.

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

el topo posted:

When we sold it, my grandmother had put 31,000 miles on her Lincoln in 11 years. Old people don't drive much.
Also, people that live in big cities do not put a lot of miles on cars either.

Tai-Pan fucked around with this message at 20:27 on May 11, 2010

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?
I think I can profit from this guy's anger.

Click here for the full 1258x654 image.

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

Gnaghi posted:

I think I can profit from this guy's anger.

Click here for the full 1258x654 image.

Thats sort of sad, but also funny. How can you not tell the difference between a car that has a few upgrades and a 11 second car?

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

Tai-Pan posted:

Thats sort of sad, but also funny. How can you not tell the difference between a car that has a few upgrades and a 11 second car?

Someone who drives a Civic.

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

Tai-Pan posted:

And why wouldn't you try to resell it with the same marketing it was sold to you with? How stupid do you have to be to "take it to a junkyard if it doesn't sell"? However long it takes to sell for however little will be better than giving it away.

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?
Think he'll take a trade on a golf cart if I tell him it's one of those Mercedes $20k ones?

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

http://tulsa.craigslist.org/cto/1734578059.html

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009

slidebite posted:

For $800? gently caress, I'd part it out for that. Go for it
if you're a masochist

InitialDave posted:

Ah, gently caress it, just buy it. I would. What's the worst that could happen?

Rogz posted:

^^^ Epic project thread!

Sh4 posted:

This is the car I think about when someone mention "moneypit", seriously you can throw wads of cash at it and it will never run right

trouser chili posted:

Pretty drat sure that's a GM transmission behind the lump. A lot of guys dump the complex, failure prone and underpowered v12 for a SBC. Personally I think a LQ4 would be a hot setup.

sadnessboner posted:

Nothing sorts out an old jaguar quite as cheaply as an SBC swap

You Am I posted:

Put a 327 under it and you can still keep the 5.3lt badges on the back :)

WTF guys, I asked for you guys to talk me out of it. :colbert: What the gently caress is this poo poo?

I emailed about it. :sigh: Even though I have 4 cars here already and zero space for another. I will be so pissed at myself if I end up buying this

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

vs Dinosaurs posted:

Probably a four cylinder model.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

I'll shut you up with my cock, you son of a bitch!
http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/1736223907.html

quote:

2003 nissan 350z
36000 original miles
6 speed manual transmission, (not automatic)
Car has a 2500 full Bassanii exhaust with a cold air injen intake, and lowering springs, and HID kit. Car was babied.
Cash only.
Car has salvage title.
New tires, leather interior fully loaded with heated seats.
The Bad- I was driving the other day and it started to knock and the car shut down on me.
Car has to be towed, come check it out and give me your offers.. Needs a new engine block with oil pan seal. Seal broke cracking the block. Cannot afford to fix this due to no job. Couple hundred =/
Dont low ball me six grand bullshit i am asking 10,000 for this car or best offer. Trades are welcome.

no emails just text or call

MY CAR WAS BABIED but it has a salvage title and the block is cracked.

DON'T BULLSHIT ME WITH YOUR LOWBALL $6,000 OFFERS for my non-running, salvage titled, 8 year old 350Z with a cracked block.

I CAN'T AFFORD TO FIX IT SINCE I DON'T HAVE A JOB BUT IT WILL ONLY BE A COUPLE OF HUNDRED to replace my engine

I'm tempted to call him and offer him $1,500 cash.