Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

abigserve posted:

The best part about that thing is if, hypothetically, you hit a small object or loose your balance somehow, unless you fall backwards it's going to be horribly painful.

Fall to the side? Face into a wall.
Fall to the front? Face into the floor.

Lose your balance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Coredump posted:

Lose your balance.

Loose your Bowels.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
Loose the attitude.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

PadreScout posted:

Hey Ola, this trip I am going to be without my machine (can't afford to have it shipped) would you recommend Norway to someone footing it around and taking public transit?

It depends what you want to see really. If you have the time and want to check out some nature, then you can easily get a flight to Bergen from the European hubs, stay for a few days and maybe do an organized trip (such as norway in a nutshell). But if you're into clubs, nightlife, art, museums and so on, I'd be spending my cash on the continent.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

abigserve posted:

The best part about that thing is if, hypothetically, you hit a small object or loose your balance somehow, unless you fall backwards it's going to be horribly painful.

Fall to the side? Face into a wall.
Fall to the front? Face into the floor.

If it falls forward just walk off it, it's not like your feet are bolted to the pegs. It only goes walking pace and you're already sitting closer to the ground, it wouldn't be any more dangerous than regular falling over in general.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

In addition to looking a fool driving around at walking pace instead of actually walking, you'll look a drat fool when you try to lean back to see all of Monet's Water Lilies and accidentally reverse into a bench and fall over it onto a small child.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

I think the point of these things, despite the fit models showing them off, is to help less mobile people like elderly folks get about. Not to help normal, able-bodied people be lazy. That said I'm sure there's some rosy eyed futurist at Honda R&D imagining a Neo Tokyo filled with shiny white buildings and trees and millions of people scooting around on these things going about their daily business.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

abigserve posted:

Loose the attitude.

Tighten the attitude?

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

echomadman posted:

http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/video/ducati-multistrada-1200-s/1225985/

Jay Leno reviews new Multistrada, loads of cool gizmos but man i wouldn't like to be buying one second hand in a few years time, so much poo poo to go wrong.

Oh God that bike! :swoon: :circlefap: One day, one day. :allears:

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.
Installation is the reverse of removal. Use non-permanent thread locker and

Coredump posted:

Tighten the attitude to 135.6 nm / 100 Foot-Pounds

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:
Why has no one told me about the Travertson V-REX? Tsaven, get this thing to ride when you wear your batman suit.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Finally got my newly rebuilt Kawi F11 crank back today. Couldnt resist taking pictures of the old parts.

Vintage nipponese steel

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 05:41 on May 12, 2010

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

Sugoi ne, totemo kirei. :keke:

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Your hard metal rod make my rod hard like metal and super happy smiling time!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

eggyolk posted:

Sugoi ne, totemo kirei. :keke:

Google translate doesnt even know what to do with that.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Phat_Albert posted:

Google translate doesnt even know what to do with that.

"That's awesome, isn't it? Very pretty."

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

Doctor Zero posted:

"That's awesome, isn't it? Very pretty."

I don't think I've ever seen a nerd trap slam quite that hard before. Jesus.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

frozenphil posted:

Goddrat it. :downsowned:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

frozenphil posted:

Ahahaha, exxxccelllennt :mrburns:

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

frozenphil posted:

He's a nerd cause he's multilinguistic?

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

It's a fair cop. :wotwot:

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008

eggyolk posted:

I feel discriminated against! That advert is clearly insinuating that us guys don't want comfortable seats.

Legerdemain
May 3, 2007

Maybe there's something wrong with me, Nanny.
A behind the scenes look at Snell testing. Pretty cool!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yi_ldw-a8gw#t=0m51s

sigtrap
Apr 14, 2002

MOIST
I'm thinking the "butty buddy" and the "if you can read this, the bitch fell off" t-shirt hit the shopping cart at roughly the same time.

sigtrap
Apr 14, 2002

MOIST
Skier and I spent a perfectly grey, rainy Saturday attending a local biker rally for ABATE, which is the North Idaho Association of Vest Wearing Cruiser Riders Who Believe in Safety Training Even If They Ignore Parts Of It.

We got there first. And waited.

Eventually a be-leathered group of riders showed up on an assortment of cruisers, many with life-saving pipes.

Purty new / newish Goldwing. Claimed it was the best bike he'd ever owned, and loved chatting about it.

Awesome old Honda something-or-other rescued from a hard life of outdoor neglect. It squeaked while standing still and was positively dripping in rust and patina. But, it was honest, and the guy was doing a lot of work to get it running again.

Period Windjammer and hard cases, totally where they belong.

The rescuer / proud papa.

A gubernatorial hopeful showed up to lend his support.

:patriot: :911:

Goldwing owner snaps self-portrait standing next to an easter egg with teeth.

Son. of a bitch.

Then we rode around town in the rain, taking a circuitous route to the courthouse to rabble-rouse. On a Saturday. When all the state employees were at home watching Nascar updates.

Skier reads a statement on behalf of STAR. Not a dry eye in the place. (It was raining)

The Motodwarf!

One more pic of shiny, colorful things.

Snide comments aside, it was a great, friendly group of folks, and a good cause.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
You had the only bike with full fairings didn't you.

edit:
I don't care because tricolor hondas are the best bike ever built. I need an '07 VFR to go with my '89 TransAlp.

blugu64 fucked around with this message at 08:55 on May 13, 2010

Here4DaGangBang
Dec 3, 2004

I beat my dick like it owes me money!

sigtrap posted:

Love the air filter!

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷
LOLewiston... That rusted out Honda defines that town.

jujube
Dec 11, 2004

*Pain!* *Pain!* *Laughter!*
Apologies if already posted but: drat!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTLYrrQuQXM&feature=player_embedded

Had a similar experience as a rider like this, just without the immediately-trying-to-hit-him part. Wondering why he cut out the part that follows next since it probably ends in the rider getting his rear end kicked :>

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?
Looks like a good beginner bike here

http://tucson.craigslist.org/mcy/1739154150.html

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Armacham posted:

Looks like a good beginner bike here

http://tucson.craigslist.org/mcy/1739154150.html

The swing arm is too short to be a beginners bike. Anything under 10ft has the potential to lean over.

MrZig
Aug 13, 2005
I exist onl because of Parias'
LEGENDARY GENEROSITY.

jujube posted:

Wow. Had basially the excact same thing happen to me on the I5 in LA. Except the truck actually hit me and took my foot peg off. I could feel his whatever slide along my toe slider, and next thing I know my shift linkage is dragging down and my foot peg is gone.

Christobevii3
Jul 3, 2006
Safety first, wear your life preserver.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

jujube posted:

Had a similar experience as a rider like this, just without the immediately-trying-to-hit-him part. Wondering why he cut out the part that follows next since it probably ends in the rider getting his rear end kicked :>

Dude's an rear end in a top hat for passing that close, but is it that hard not to constantly swerve between lanes? I wonder how long he wobbled on the line before the driver got impatient.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Christobevii3 posted:

Safety first, wear your life preserver.

I did that with the front and rear tires for my XL-250. I rode the bike to the shop to pick up the tires, and had no other way. Slipped them around my waist, and headed home.

spandexcajun
Feb 28, 2005

Suck the head for a little extra cajun flavor
Fallen Rib

Slim Pickens posted:

Dude's an rear end in a top hat for passing that close, but is it that hard not to constantly swerve between lanes? I wonder how long he wobbled on the line before the driver got impatient.

It's French I believe. Motorcycles are expected to weave around, in and out of lanes and such.

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer

Slim Pickens posted:

Yeah, I agree. Its uncalled for to pass that close, but the rider with the video was just kinda puttering along in no mans land BS'ing or something with the guy in the right lane. Pass or get the gently caress out of the left lane.

Christobevii3
Jul 3, 2006

Phat_Albert posted:

I did that with the front and rear tires for my XL-250. I rode the bike to the shop to pick up the tires, and had no other way. Slipped them around my waist, and headed home.

That is in dallas fort worth during busy traffic middle of the day on a saturday. I wouldn't ride a motorcycle there in full gear let alone only a tire around my rear end, no helmet or gloves or pants or anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Probably the shittiest pic posted in 183 pages, but it's a crop of a cell phone snap resized for email so there you go. Just thought it was interesting that our cops are using GSes.