Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

ub posted:

Humm, regardless of their status those are all Origin games, not Looking Glass. (Yes yes, LG developed Ultima Underworld but it was an Origin IP, published by Origin)

Yeah I noticed that, they called them 'Looking Glass Classics', though. I just assumed LG was somehow tied to Origin. v:shobon:v

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das MicroKorg
Sep 18, 2005

Vintage Analog Synthesizer

Vilipede posted:

Gog.com needs Project Eden http://www.mobygames.com/game/project-eden :colbert:

Project Eden rocks, at least when playing split-screen co-op on the PS2. I've also got it for the PC, but I could never get it to run with sound.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Speaking of good old games, I was getting my oil changed and noticed this little hole in the wall store next to the car shop, went in and found Anachronox and Startopia, factory sealed original giant rear end boxes for 4.99 each :cool:

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

AxeManiac posted:

Speaking of good old games, I was getting my oil changed and noticed this little hole in the wall store next to the car shop, went in and found Anachronox and Startopia, factory sealed original giant rear end boxes for 4.99 each :cool:

Anachronox is worth ten times that. Good work.

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

Oh man, GOG needs Little Big Adventure 1 & 2. I have the CD for the second game and I could probably get it running under Dosbox, but I'm too lazy and I want to just download an installer. :colbert:

Single Tight Female
Jan 17, 2008
LBA2 isn't that old that it needs DOSbox, really. I had it running under XP (possibly with a fanpatch) fairly easily. Haven't tried it under Win7 though, but I don't think you'd need to put much effort in to play it.

That said, I'd buy it again with all the GOG bells and whistles.

edit: whoops

Single Tight Female fucked around with this message at 14:33 on May 10, 2010

xX_WEED_GOKU_Xx
Apr 30, 2010

by Ozma

Single Tight Female posted:

LBA2 isn't that old that it needs DOSbox, really. I had it running under XP (possibly with a fanpatch) fairly easily. Haven't tried it under Win7 though, but I don't think you'd need to put much effort in to play it.

That said, I'd buy it again with all the GOG bells and whistles.

It's a DOS game, so it won't work at all on 64-bit operating systems unless you use DOSBox.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

AxeManiac posted:

God drat. That's a really nice find. Both those games are awesome and super fun. I wish I'd found them.

Startopia neeeeeeeds to get on Gog.

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.
LBA2 is pretty easy to get working under XP or vista (even 32-bit 7), but there are a bunch of bugs that can be solved by running it in DOSbox. What always gets me, though, is that the control scheme is different in DOS than Windows.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Sankis posted:

God drat. That's a really nice find. Both those games are awesome and super fun. I wish I'd found them.

Startopia neeeeeeeds to get on Gog.

I'm going to crack open Startopia and play it, looks like it should work fairly well on modern PC's, Anachronox is staying in the box! I've met people that have the actual discs, but not the actual box, let alone sealed.

I had Startopia back in the day, it was a blast, but my PC couldn't play it well so I ended up trading it at a store, glad to have it back. Would buy it again on GOG for sure.

I'd love to play LBA 1 or 2, I had the gold box of 1, but it never worked right or something like that. I seemed to recall a lot of those games not working right for me. They had another, Psygnosis game made with voxels and what not, I can't remember it.

poo poo, getting the psygnosis games, even just the box art would be awesome.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Back when I was into Startopia, I downloaded all the fan missions from Startopia Post, the two bonus missions created by Mucky Foot, some pretty interesting little engine cheats, and some other stuff, and archived it all. It's here if you're interested: http://www.mediafire.com/?njmkujzjjlj

Also, Startopia Post is still up and running, believe it or not: http://www.strategyplanet.com/startopia/ Most of what's in my old archive is probably still sitting in the back shelves of FilePlanet.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Holy poo poo, that is awesome. Thanks. Mucky Foot was one of the developers that held so much promise for me, shame they fell apart. I recall they made some cop game that was basically 3D GTA way before GTA3 came out, it was great and had really cool combat, along with shooting and driving.

Dudes had style to say the least, shame they never got it together.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

AxeManiac posted:

I probably still have my old startopia disc lying around somewhere... most likely not in it's original packaging :/

Such a good game. Very much fun and probably one of the prettiest of it's time. It got a bit hard to control after a while, but every section had it's awesome parts.

I especially loved the biodomes. The music and atmosphere and awesome strange monks that I never got to do their cool thing :(

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

A user on GOG.com released a patch that supposedly fixes a lot of bugs that were left in Master of Magic:

http://www.dragonsword.com/forum/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=116

It's unfinished but it's been working great for me so far.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

AxeManiac posted:

Holy poo poo, that is awesome. Thanks. Mucky Foot was one of the developers that held so much promise for me, shame they fell apart. I recall they made some cop game that was basically 3D GTA way before GTA3 came out, it was great and had really cool combat, along with shooting and driving.

Dudes had style to say the least, shame they never got it together.
Ah, good old Urban Chaos, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urban_Chaos. I had this game but a few years ago it got ruined when my grandparents basement got flooded, along with a bunch of classic PC games. :(

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!

Sylphosaurus posted:

Ah, good old Urban Chaos, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urban_Chaos. I had this game but a few years ago it got ruined when my grandparents basement got flooded, along with a bunch of classic PC games. :(

It was kind of annoying when the title was reused for a FPS. I liked the older Urban Chaos!

ZakAce
May 15, 2007

GF
I fully agree with whoever posted Age of Empires and Rise of Nations. RoN is a great game to play while listening to music. AoE2 was great as well, I remember playing that on New Year's Eve '99. Age of Mythology isn't as good, but I'd still get it.

I would also poo poo my pants if Theme Hospital was on GoG. I loving loved that game.

Devil Wears Wings
Jul 17, 2006

Look ye upon the wages of diet soda and weep, for it is society's fault.
Has anyone mentioned The Neverhood yet? That's the first game I'd love to see if/when GOG signs on EA.

Breadnought
Aug 25, 2009

In case anyone is wondering, all of these suggestions can be posted here. There's a list of most wanted titles and you can vote on and suggest games that you'd like to see on the service.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
If anyone picked up WBC3, are you able to run it at the higher resolutions on a 64 bit OS? For whatever reason it just chugs horribly otherwise (and still during certain scenarios). I remember being able to run it just fine two computers ago and some searching suggests that's the problem.

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

Breadnought posted:

In case anyone is wondering, all of these suggestions can be posted here. There's a list of most wanted titles and you can vote on and suggest games that you'd like to see on the service.

Duke Nukem Forever has 310 votes.:v:

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:
NEW GAME RELEASED: Enclave is now available for %5.99

Nanpa
Apr 24, 2007
Nap Ghost
New game out: Enclave

I have no idea what it's about so go hog wild!

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Nanpa posted:

It's a pretty good hack n' slash adventure by the guys who went on to make Chronicles of Riddick and The Darkness. I also recall reading somewhere that it had really good multiplayer - perhaps this'll see it getting a revival of sorts?

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to
I remember thinking it was along the line of Rune and Severance, but combat isn't as... uh, flexible. It's a much more straight-forward action/adventure with some RPG-lite elements. I thought it was okay, having played it on the Xbox, but one of my buddies loving loved the PC version. It got widely varying review scores.

It's worth it if you're looking for a solid swing n' slash game. I don't even remember it ever having multi and the wiki doesn't mention any.

Also, the wiki mentions a Wii version is coming out later this year haha.

EDIT- I wonder if an addition of a Starbreeze title means we'll get stuff like The Outforce (RTS) or Knights of the Temple (sort of an upgraded Enclave). What the hell are they workin' on now anyways? Oh gently caress, it's a Syndicate game :toot:

The Machine fucked around with this message at 13:49 on May 11, 2010

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Ah, my bad - I just looked it up, and the game was originally MEANT to be a multiplayer-centric title, but that fell through at some point and they just went for singleplayer.

Also, Knights of the Temple is by Starbreeze? KoTT 1 & 2 are both on Metaboli (UK/EU version of Gametap) - guess I'll start downloading both of them to try later.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

The Machine posted:

I remember thinking it was along the line of Rune and Severance, but combat isn't as... uh, flexible. It's a much more straight-forward action/adventure with some RPG-lite elements. I thought it was okay, having played it on the Xbox, but one of my buddies loving loved the PC version. It got widely varying review scores.

It's worth it if you're looking for a solid swing n' slash game. I don't even remember it ever having multi and the wiki doesn't mention any.

I remember watching a buddy of mine play Enclave for the first 30 minutes or so, and thinking that although I liked Rune better, Enclave had a really appealing kind of dark atmosphere going for it, and I recall wanting to play it myself someday. Guess now's my chance!

But dear lord, mentioning Rune and Severance: Blade of Darkness has me all nostalgic now. It would rule if these games were on GoG. Personally, I played the absolute hell out of Rune. I probably downloaded hundreds of custom maps and dozens of mods and mutators for that game. I don't know what it was, but that game is one of my favorites, probably because I freely acknowledge that Vikings had the most badass mythology out of any group of people in human history by far, and as far as I know, Rune is the best representation of that mythology..

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 19:01 on May 11, 2010

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

GreatGreen posted:

But dear lord, mentioning Rune and Severance: Blade of Darkness has me all nostalgic now.

Something I noticed during my last trawl through ModDB - Severance still has an active mapping/modding scene, albeit small. How's that for interesting?

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Severance was pretty cool, I recall playing some action type slasher game on the PC awhile back, lots of jumping and puzzles and stuff, maybe that was it. Enclave was rather generic if I recall. If this sucker works well with an xbox controller, I might pick it up.

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
I remember playing the demo for Enclave when I was a wee lad and loving it, gonna dive into it over the comming days.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Nanpa posted:

I recall it being a decent hack 'n slash XBox game. I've always wanted to play through it and $5.99 sounds nice enough. Cool addition to the catalog! Will update the OP shortly.

hogswallower
May 8, 2005

Precious Pig Bits
I got Enclave for some reason because I always wanted to try it out back in the xbox days but never felt like it. It's generic as hell but it's a pretty good time if you just wanna beat some poo poo up. Really nothing super special at all, though. It's got multiple characters and weapons and it can be pretty fun to snipe goblin heads with a crossbow. Definitely worth the 6 bucks if you've got nothing else to play. Which I know is not true for about 90% of you posting in here. Or me.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Looks like Mark Morgan remastered the original Fallout 1+2 soundtracks:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2010/05/11/atomic-fallout-music-remastered/

He's givin' 'em away. Genuine class. No more listening to the original converted ACMs for me, or sittin' in the dirt at the drive ins.

...And the site's witholding downloads for now. Can anyone provide a reliable mirror?

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

doctorfrog posted:

He's givin' 'em away. Genuine class. No more listening to the original converted ACMs for me, or sittin' in the dirt at the drive ins.

...And the site's witholding downloads for now. Can anyone provide a reliable mirror?

Man, now you've got me all :smith: that he didn't get to do the music for FO3. In fact, deep down I'm harboring a hope that Obsidian contracts him for FO:Vegas.

Threep
Apr 1, 2006

It's kind of a long story.

doctorfrog posted:

As much as I like the Fallout soundtracks, I really hope he gives Torment the same treatment.

A Nice Big Dinner
Feb 17, 2006

doctorfrog posted:

The article you linked to has a link to the news post on NMA which has a mirror.

http://atomicgamer.com/files/86021/mark-morgans-vault-archives-fallout-1-2-soundtracks

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
More classic poo poo I want on GoG in the near future since I'm nerding out over my want list over here:

• Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri (Published by EA, Developed by Firaxis, which was acquired by Take-Two. Great.)
  • Dungeon Keeper 1 & 2 (EA)
  • Freelancer (Microsoft)
  • S2: Silent Storm & S3: Sentinels (JoWood)
  • SimCity 2000: Special Edition (EA)
  • SimTower (EA)
  • Syndicate Plus (EA)
  • Syndicate Wars (EA)
  • Yoot Tower (Sega)
  • 3D Ultra Minigolf (Sierra/Activision)
  • Carmageddon Series (Stainless Games/Eidos)
  • Demolition Racer (Atari)
  • Destruction Derby 1 & 2 (Atari)
  • Driver (Atari)
  • Links 2003: Championship Edition (Microsoft...the last in a great golf series)
  • Midtown Madness 1 & 2 (Microsoft)
  • Motocross Madness 1 & 2 (Microsoft)
  • Monster Truck Madness 1 & 2 (Microsoft)
  • Moto Racer (EA)
  • NASCAR Racing 2003 Season (Papyrus...the last in a great series of racing sims...goes for ridiculous amounts on eBay)
  • The Need For Speed series (EA)
  • Plane Crazy (SegaSoft)
  • Rallisport Challenge (Microsoft)
  • Re-Volt (Activision)
  • Anachronox (Eidos)
  • Baldur's Gate Saga (Atari)
  • Diablo (Blizzard)
  • Dungeon Siege: Legends of Aranna (Take-Two)
  • Icewind Dale Saga (Atari?)
  • Lands of Lore Series (EA)
  • Neverwinter Nights Series (Atari)
  • Nox (EA)
  • Planescape: Torment (duhhh)
  • Sea Dogs (Bethesda)
  • Silver (Atari)
  • Temple of Elemental Evil (Atari?)
  • Ultima Collection (EA)
  • Wizardry 8 (Sir-tech Software which closed in 2003)

Not that I'd have time to play even half of those, but still...I have more, but I think I'll stop there for now. :)

Placebo
Sep 21, 2009

Devil Wears Wings posted:

Has anyone mentioned The Neverhood yet? That's the first game I'd love to see if/when GOG signs on EA.

Still have the box and disk for this game.

Best atmosphere in any point and click ever imo. Gave off such a creepy vibe.

I need to play it again, gently caress.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
I've never played an ultima game in my life. Huh, go figure.

They also need Rocket Jockey.

That store had a copy of NOX in the box, sealed for like 9.99

Shadow Warrior for the MAC for 18.99

Strange place that Korean used game store next to a pep boys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

AxeManiac posted:

I've never played an ultima game in my life. Huh, go figure.
I think their time has passed, unless you have some kind of nostalgic attachment to early 90s DOS RPGs.

I think Ultima 6-8 still hold up in a classic sort of way. 4 & 5 are excellent games still if you can get past their really old-school graphics and controls.

My favourites are 6 & 7 for their stories and open-world flexibility.

Tangentially related, I'm currently playing Suikoden (PSX game on PSN) with no familiarity with the series, but it's evoking nostalgia from playing the SNES Final Fantasies as a kid. I kind of hate Final Fantasy as a genre/franchise now, but this is oddly compelling.