Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

ab0z posted:

Dammit all how does this keep happening?

$300

This is my beautiful convertible Festiva:

My daily driver is actually a '94 Ford F-150, but nothing special enough to deserve a picture. I'm currently on the lookout for a new DD which will probably be a (not cut in half) Festiva or an older GTI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

ab0z posted:

$300

I just sold this yesterday for $700.

Belldandy
Sep 11, 2001

Do not try to boost in peace, because that is impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth, there is no boost.

zuffenphile posted:

No PSE, You?

As for the HRE 40's, they are with out a doubt a great looking wheel, although I do like the CF40 just not sure about carbon fiber wheels.

Yes, I have the PSE and while it gives no "real" power gains, it gives the car a really nice sound. I'm not sure about carbon wheels either, but without a doubt the P40s are my favorite in the lineup.

ssh
Dec 9, 2001

by elpintogrande
I was getting an abysmal ~20mpg awhile back. Replaced my MAF. Here's from my trip to Tahoe. Check that poo poo out - 28.8mpg, CD and cassette. :smug:

(Also new SID2).

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Picked it up yesterday. Lots of miles, but no rust or oil leaks. Iffy interior but silky-smooth engine, trans, and suspension. Needs new tires, but it was a great price.

The 09 Fit Sport is also mine.

MATLAB 1988
Sep 20, 2009
Have I posted about my Subaru XT yet? Here are pictures of my Subaru XT. POST POST POST.

ssh posted:

I was getting an abysmal ~20mpg awhile back. Replaced my MAF. Here's from my trip to Tahoe. Check that poo poo out - 28.8mpg, CD and cassette. :smug:

(Also new SID2).

You forgot the best part of your dash :colbert: Also the retarded "Night Mode" button

Sarthek
Dec 30, 2002

1966; C-code 289; "Cruise-O-Matic" transmission. Forty-four years of lounging around in California, only to be brought over to England in its dotage and exposed to rain, potholes and ambient volcanic ash.

That is, believe it or not, my only car. It costs me a fortune to run and I love it.

Joey_Redd
Jun 12, 2008
My new Trabbi:

The front:

The engine:

The back:

Sorry for the small pictures.

This is the first car I've ever owned. I just bought it this week. It's in mostly good condition but someone put a horrible silicone sealant on the roof, and I need to fix that. It's running surprisingly well, but it will be a nice project car :).

Also anyone know of a good replacement engine, because I might want something larger. I was thinking of a V5 engine.

Joey_Redd fucked around with this message at 20:19 on May 12, 2010

ssh
Dec 9, 2001

by elpintogrande

MATLAB 1988 posted:

You forgot the best part of your dash :colbert: Also the retarded "Night Mode" button

Bought it with the dash cupholder busted. Not replacing it until every last loving lamp in the dash is dead. Thinking of replacing them with LEDs, but just can't be bothered, because I want to replace the instrument cluster too - this one has the 'no loving turbo gauge? You have to be kidding me' builds. 43 loving bulbs and each one about $2 for a generic.

I quite like the 'night panel'. When you're grocery shopping at 1am driving through rural Nevada, there's nothing to distract you from the lights on the dash, SID, stereo, et al.

Not a fan of the 07+ Opel controls or 'looks like an afterthought' DVD nav insert. I was really disappointed in that, so opted to not go for it with the 2k8.

I use this:

a powerful frown
Jan 31, 2005

Sarthek posted:

1966; C-code 289; "Cruise-O-Matic" transmission. Forty-four years of lounging around in California, only to be brought over to England in its dotage and exposed to rain, potholes and ambient volcanic ash.

That is, believe it or not, my only car. It costs me a fortune to run and I love it.

this warms the cockles of my heart

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Sarthek posted:

It's loving beautiful. What is cruise-o-matic? Some form of automatic?

Sarthek
Dec 30, 2002

Yeah, just the brand name for the auto they offered at that point in time. I think there was a degree of expectation-setting in its naming: you're sure as hell not going to be doing big-timey standing starts with that gearbox.

At some point in the future - this year, hopefully - I'm going to fit a later model AOD transmission to the car so that I can reap the benefits of an overdrive gear. First, though, it's getting some new suspension.

allonblack
Dec 9, 2004

Yes, you.
Took some new pics, really liked this one.

standardtoaster
May 22, 2009

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Picked it up yesterday. Lots of miles, but no rust or oil leaks. Iffy interior but silky-smooth engine, trans, and suspension. Needs new tires, but it was a great price.

The 09 Fit Sport is also mine.

How do you like the Fit? Is it a manual?

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp

allonblack posted:

Took some new pics, really liked this one.

I hate HDR with a passion but this actually looks good!

allonblack
Dec 9, 2004

Yes, you.

Bulk Vanderhuge posted:

I hate HDR with a passion but this actually looks good!

Thanks. I was trying to be subtle - I really only enhanced the color saturation which made the bricks and the wall brighter.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

Sarthek posted:

Yeah, just the brand name for the auto they offered at that point in time. I think there was a degree of expectation-setting in its naming: you're sure as hell not going to be doing big-timey standing starts with that gearbox.

At some point in the future - this year, hopefully - I'm going to fit a later model AOD transmission to the car so that I can reap the benefits of an overdrive gear. First, though, it's getting some new suspension.

You are on drugs if you think the C4 isn't suited for "big-timey standing starts".

Nice car, though.

Sarthek
Dec 30, 2002

Perhaps my one's just tired then, because I swear to God about a tenth of the torque generated by that engine makes it to the wheels.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:
Here's what a C4 in proper condition is capable of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tKhx6TBpx0

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
Yet another e36 for the thread, 98 325is sport package with 110500km, picked it up today. All the luxury is confusing to me, the only option I ever had on my previous cars is AC.

(Previous owner's pic)

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

standardtoaster posted:

How do you like the Fit? Is it a manual?

It's actually the 5-speed auto with the flappy paddle gearbox, and it's great. An excellent car for the money.

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

07 Legacy base model in its natural habitat.

With tiller bought from some guy who totaled his STI driving stupidly...

Mr.Peabody
Jul 15, 2009
I think I'm finally done installing custom woodwork, I've done the wheel, shifter, a/c vents, and the instrument cluster. The next step will be the AMG racing seats and an interior leather conversion to a silver/black Nappa leather scheme.

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

I also deleted the full taillight blackout in favor of only covering the white strips.

Click here for the full 1280x960 image.

Hatebreed
Aug 31, 2006

by angerbot
seriously gorgeous benz

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...
Lesbionic:

2010 Ranger 4x4 Sport with the 4L V6

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Nice, I like rangers. Is it a five speed?

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Sarthek posted:

Haha, I had that same transmission in my 66 Galaxie. The cool thing about that trans is that you can start in second gear for better traction in the snow. Your not starting off in second, are you?

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...

A MIRACLE posted:

Nice, I like rangers. Is it a five speed?

yep, got a pretty good deal on it too, just over $20,000 CDN, $8,000 under MSRP based on building it through ford.ca

Boogat
Jan 5, 2006

Oh, I am serious. Look, this is my serious face.
Picked this up a couple of weeks ago: 2010 Mazda3 Sport

Sarthek
Dec 30, 2002

Pipkin posted:

Haha, I had that same transmission in my 66 Galaxie. The cool thing about that trans is that you can start in second gear for better traction in the snow. Your not starting off in second, are you?
Haha, no. I think really that it's a whole-package problem. The car's been maintained through its lifetime, but it's still 44 years old, whatever way you slice it. The previous owner in the US fitted an Edelbrock carb (which is still giving me grief off idle) and Flowmaster exhaust, but that's about it.

It's probably about as fast as it should be. I haven't timed it properly, but it feels like it takes somewhere around the 11 second mark to hit 60 if you try hard-ish, which as far as I can tell is about the right territory. The hesitation off idle doesn't really help the perceived get-up-and-go, of course, and neither does the back catalogue of cars I have to which it ends up being compared.

Nait Sirhc
Sep 11, 2001

Mr.Peabody posted:

I think I'm finally done installing custom woodwork, I've done the wheel, shifter, a/c vents, and the instrument cluster. The next step will be the AMG racing seats and an interior leather conversion to a silver/black Nappa leather scheme.

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

I also deleted the full taillight blackout in favor of only covering the white strips.

Click here for the full 1280x960 image.

What brand rear diffuser and exhaust do you have? That looks extremely similar to a stock C63 AMG exhaust. I really like the updates you did to the interior, it makes it look a lot more like a Benz and less like a Hyundai.

omgitstheinternet
Apr 28, 2005

Money, Clothes, and Hoes;
All a Nigga Knows
E36 party in here!

Bought this today:

Picking it up Monday.

metalhead
Sep 13, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Nait Sirhc posted:

What brand rear diffuser and exhaust do you have? That looks extremely similar to a stock C63 AMG exhaust. I really like the updates you did to the interior, it makes it look a lot more like a Benz and less like a Hyundai.

That is a C63 AMG.

http://www.thetorquereport.com/c63_amg_interioimg_6176.jpg

The wood looks a lot better than the factory brushed metal trim, I have to say. Well done, it looks very tasteful.

Nait Sirhc
Sep 11, 2001

metalhead posted:

That is a C63 AMG.

http://www.thetorquereport.com/c63_amg_interioimg_6176.jpg

The wood looks a lot better than the factory brushed metal trim, I have to say. Well done, it looks very tasteful.

Huh, odd. I thought the guy that took his MB to the Ring was driving a Carlsson C350 or something.

Love the car, though.

metalhead
Sep 13, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Nait Sirhc posted:

Huh, odd. I thought the guy that took his MB to the Ring was driving a Carlsson C350 or something.

Love the car, though.

Hmm you may be right, but the diffuser and exhaust tips look pretty similar to the C63 AMG.

10000lbsofbananas
Jan 3, 2005

Not for consumption.
Finally had time to take some photos. Washed it and everything too. On the way to the empty lot, some seagull poo poo right above the rear window and I had nothing to wipe it off with. As a result I did not take any rear photos.

Gonna redo them someday somewhere else.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Is that depth of field all in-camera or in post? It looks like a model.

10000lbsofbananas
Jan 3, 2005

Not for consumption.
In camera. In ones I took with more depth, I didn't like the houses in the background. I thought it would be a decent place to shoot but I was wrong.

This one wasn't bad I guess:

10000lbsofbananas fucked around with this message at 22:39 on May 16, 2010

taint massage
Jun 13, 2008

We already run the misfits outta our country. We sent 'em back to England.
1973 Ford Ranchero 500.

The time and money spent will be worth it. drat I love this thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
The parents have gone to Europe for a couple of months so I've claimed the contents of their driveway as mine.

1991 Euno Roadster (the horribly overexposed wagon in the background is my 1999 Nissan Avenir GT4)

2007 Suzuki Swift Sport (more fun than you might think)

2002 Nissan Skyline 300GT