Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rex Deckard
Jul 15, 2004

Alright I have one that I just cannot remember.

Here is what I remember, it takes place inside of either a mine or underground missile complex. There is a scene with the main character stabbing his arm with a belt to show a guard that he has had an accident to attempt to escape.

I think the enemies were wearing orange or yellow uniforms. It was by no means a James Bond movie.

This is pretty goddamn vague so I don't expect much. I watched this in the very early 80's, but expect that it was a 70's movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erasmus Darwin
Mar 6, 2001

Rotten Punk posted:

Thank you! According to the IMDB page for Exposure the short was called Fairy Town.

That's great. I looked at the episode list for Exposure, but I quickly gave up on the IMDB page when I didn't see any titles. Instead, I went crazy trying to find a way to pull up the deleted Wikipedia article (Deletionpedia, Wayback Machine, snapshots of Wikipedia) and came up dry.

Anyway, I hope you can find it. Between AtomFilms being gutted by MTV and Exposure not getting a DVD release (which may not even be possible due to rights issues), you might be out of luck.

The Wayback machine seems to have atomfilms.com in its archive, but it's loading so slowly that I can't even get the first page to come up. If you're patient, it might be worth trying. There's a good chance that it didn't archive the actual movies, but it might point you toward who made it. That might make tracking down a copy a little easier.

Captain Equinox
Sep 15, 2005

By day a mild-mannered college professor, by night Kiki, go-go dancer at the Pussycat Club. But twice a year, he's... CAPTAIN EQUINOX!

Rotten Punk posted:

Thank you! According to the IMDB page for Exposure the short was called Fairy Town. Not that it makes it any easier to find, but at least I have a name. :unsmith:

It looks like the title is actually Dinner, and it's available to view here: http://davidtarleton.com/2005/02/dinner.html

Rotten Punk
Nov 11, 2009

Captain Equinox posted:

It looks like the title is actually Dinner, and it's available to view here: http://davidtarleton.com/2005/02/dinner.html

That's it alright. Goddamn lying IMDB forums :argh: Well, look like I'm ordering a dvd from amazon before they all disappear forever. Can't beat $1.58 for a bunch of short films anyway. Thank you.

Giga Pet giveaway
Jun 28, 2008

You're Not Welcome?

Calamity James posted:

That sounds an awful lot like Chasing Sleep.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0221069/

That was it! Thank you! drat, you guys are good at this.

Adrenochrome
Nov 22, 2007

by mons all madden
Does anyone know a movie that had a VHS tape cover which featured someone wearing a leather ski mask with a zip up mouth? I believe it was a movie about a murderer or a robber but I can not for the life of me remember the title of it. This is a long shot but it was from so long ago all I remember is the weird movie cover. The movie must have come out on VHS around the early 90s.

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

So I shout "Set your life on fire!"

Adrenochrome posted:

Does anyone know a movie that had a VHS tape cover which featured someone wearing a leather ski mask with a zip up mouth? I believe it was a movie about a murderer or a robber but I can not for the life of me remember the title of it. This is a long shot but it was from so long ago all I remember is the weird movie cover. The movie must have come out on VHS around the early 90s.

I'm guessing it's Blackout.

Adrenochrome
Nov 22, 2007

by mons all madden

MachineryNoise posted:

I'm guessing it's Blackout.

Holy poo poo that was fast! Thank you! I am going to track it down and see if my parents were right to let me watch it when I was 5.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Looking for an actor, rather than a movie.

He's one of those character actors, more major in the 90's. Tall, red hair, sort of big... I can picture him in a hawaiian shirt. Maybe early 40's by now, he seems like the type of guy who could just have played every Eric Stoltz role ever, only he's bigger than Stoltz, physically. Also unlike Stoltz, he'd never have his own leading role (feel free to correct me, if you know who I'm talking about), as far as I know.

I don't know what scene from what movie it is, but I can picture him saying/yelling "Oh man! OH MAN!".

Not Jason Flemyng (he's too small, plus I know who he is), nor is it Damian Lewis.

Help?

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

He's one of those character actors, more major in the 90's. Tall, red hair, sort of big... I can picture him in a hawaiian shirt. Maybe early 40's by now, he seems like the type of guy who could just have played every Eric Stoltz role ever, only he's bigger than Stoltz, physically. Also unlike Stoltz, he'd never have his own leading role (feel free to correct me, if you know who I'm talking about), as far as I know.

I don't know what scene from what movie it is, but I can picture him saying/yelling "Oh man! OH MAN!".

Not Jason Flemyng (he's too small, plus I know who he is), nor is it Damian Lewis.

Help?

I don't know, but this page might be of some help: http://www.raising-redheads.com/famous-actors.html

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

Probably wrong, but it's required viewing anyway: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9KyBdPeKHg

Flynner Magee
Nov 24, 2005
.....bad craziness.....

Help?

Maybe Dash Mihok, Max Martini or Cole Hauser? .....goddamn ranga's

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Unfortunately, no on all accounts, but thanks anyway!

perthflat
Sep 11, 2004

HESH WANTS SEX!
Trying to remember a film I saw somewhere in the 90s. Pretty sure it was set in a school with gang violence everywhere. Someone was sent in to sort it out (Possibly a cyborg?). Only scene I remember properly was a few guys in a car, the vigilante sneaks under, attaches a long chain to each door handle so that they cannot escape and then throws a hand grenade into the car. Hope someone can lead me in the right direction.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

perthflat posted:

Trying to remember a film I saw somewhere in the 90s. Pretty sure it was set in a school with gang violence everywhere. Someone was sent in to sort it out (Possibly a cyborg?). Only scene I remember properly was a few guys in a car, the vigilante sneaks under, attaches a long chain to each door handle so that they cannot escape and then throws a hand grenade into the car. Hope someone can lead me in the right direction.

The Substitute? Or possibly one of the sequels. No cyborgs, though.

Erasmus Darwin
Mar 6, 2001

perthflat posted:

Someone was sent in to sort it out (Possibly a cyborg?).

Class of 1999 has killer cyborgs posing as teachers and dishing out capital punishment. I haven't seen it, so I don't know whether it has the grenade scene you mentioned. It does seem to be a good possibility, though.

PonchtheJedi
Feb 20, 2004

Still got some work to do...

Erasmus Darwin posted:

Class of 1999 has killer cyborgs posing as teachers and dishing out capital punishment. I haven't seen it, so I don't know whether it has the grenade scene you mentioned. It does seem to be a good possibility, though.

It is actually Class of 1999 Part 2 : The Substitute starring Cody from Step by Step. That scene ends with him saying "Now class is dismissed" as the car explodes.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109442/

nocturama
Dec 26, 2007

Real long shot, but I'm looking for the name of a spanish movie about 4 years old about a bullfighter, his wife, and his gay lover...sorry no other details

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

nocturama posted:

Real long shot, but I'm looking for the name of a spanish movie about 4 years old about a bullfighter, his wife, and his gay lover...sorry no other details

Way more than 4 years old, but could it be Almodovar's Matador?

nocturama
Dec 26, 2007

it's not that one unfortunately..it was showing at a spanish film festival a couple of years ago. Kicking myself that I can't remember anymore details.

notcreativeenough
Mar 8, 2010

by Fistgrrl

PonchtheJedi posted:

It is actually Class of 1999 Part 2 : The Substitute starring Cody from Step by Step. That scene ends with him saying "Now class is dismissed" as the car explodes.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109442/

Wasn't he not a cyborg but a guy who thought he was a cyborg?

Class of 1999 had a real weird hair and eyed Stacy Keach. The movie was actually decent in special effects, cast and story. Roger Ebert actually liked it as did Gene Siskel. It's out on dvd.

notcreativeenough fucked around with this message at 19:47 on May 12, 2010

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
The movie I'm looking for can be a non-english language film, maybe french, I really can't recall, but the pivotal scene I do remember is set on a teaching hospital in Renaissance age. The doctors are all surrouding a man that has a chest plate, that when removed exposes his beating heart, a Frankenstein like character is the main protagonist and he's enthralled by this "marvel"

Honest Thief fucked around with this message at 22:31 on May 12, 2010

ClydeUmney
May 13, 2004

One can hardly ignore the Taoist implications of "Fuck it, Dude. Let's go bowling."

Slvbarek posted:

Probably wrong, but it's required viewing anyway: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9KyBdPeKHg

I thought of this exact scene. This cracks me up every time.

perthflat
Sep 11, 2004

HESH WANTS SEX!
Big thanks to PonchtheJedi for working it out. I hired Class of 1999 thinking it was the right one but it turns out it's the sequel I wanted. I will remember you forever

notcreativeenough
Mar 8, 2010

by Fistgrrl

perthflat posted:

Big thanks to PonchtheJedi for working it out. I hired Class of 1999 thinking it was the right one but it turns out it's the sequel I wanted. I will remember you forever

The sequel isn't that good and is disapointing compared to Class of 1999 even class of 1984 is better then the second class of 1999.

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

Help?

Matt Ross?

White Legs
Apr 24, 2006

"Victory is reserved for those who are willing to pay its price." :911:
Ok so I just have a couple movies thats names I missed when I saw it or just can't remember.

The first was about a spanish prison I believe, I missed most of the movie but they were having a soccer match against the guards, after the inmates ( I Believe) won someone started a fight outside which turned into a full blown riot bringing in the SWAT. They begun to surrender when one person fucks it up and the swat comes in and becomes demolishing EVERYONE in the prison, even those surrendering and hiding I think it was loosely (or completely?) based on a true story I'm unsure

This one was a short film I saw on Youtube I thought was named Wrong Turn. A man turns down a street looking for help (I think) but everyone in the street is Mannequins and he gets confused. He begins to lose it as he walks through the street after hitting a mail box and they all move whenever he isn't looking, he goes into a house and starts destroying a family and he is completely nuts and everyone was real

I'm not too good at describing things but I think these should give a good enough vibe of what I'm talking about.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

White Legs posted:

This one was a short film I saw on Youtube I thought was named Wrong Turn. A man turns down a street looking for help (I think) but everyone in the street is Mannequins and he gets confused. He begins to lose it as he walks through the street after hitting a mail box and they all move whenever he isn't looking, he goes into a house and starts destroying a family and he is completely nuts and everyone was real

I'm not too good at describing things but I think these should give a good enough vibe of what I'm talking about.

Arg, I know this one.. I think it's something like 'Stand still" or... something similar. I thought I even knew it as I clicked 'reply' (well, 'quote', actually').

Still Frame?

EDIT: It's called Still Life.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 18:29 on May 13, 2010

notcreativeenough
Mar 8, 2010

by Fistgrrl

White Legs posted:

Ok so I just have a couple movies thats names I missed when I saw it or just can't remember.

The first was about a spanish prison I believe, I missed most of the movie but they were having a soccer match against the guards, after the inmates ( I Believe) won someone started a fight outside which turned into a full blown riot bringing in the SWAT. They begun to surrender when one person fucks it up and the swat comes in and becomes demolishing EVERYONE in the prison, even those surrendering and hiding I think it was loosely (or completely?) based on a true story I'm unsure
]

MMM the only true story that seems similar is when terrorists took over an embassy and the hostages were often playing against the terrorists when the miliary attacked during the match. This took place in Peru in 1997. It came out later that terrorists who had surrended were gunned down and the military forces shot the dead militants during the course of the raid to make sure they were dead and not just playing possum.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_embassy_hostage_crisis

Rex Deckard
Jul 15, 2004

So I figured out my own question, at least I am about 90% sure.

Battle Beneath the Earth about Red Chinese in tunnels under the ground to invade the US. And it had a nice revival in the early 80's according to Wikipedia on Tv.

notcreativeenough
Mar 8, 2010

by Fistgrrl

Rex Deckard posted:

So I figured out my own question, at least I am about 90% sure.

Battle Beneath the Earth about Red Chinese in tunnels under the ground to invade the US. And it had a nice revival in the early 80's according to Wikipedia on Tv.

I saw that years ago on tv on those Sgt. Slaugher/USA up all night movie marathons. Wikipedia says it was released on dvd in a combo pack form.

White Legs
Apr 24, 2006

"Victory is reserved for those who are willing to pay its price." :911:

notcreativeenough posted:

MMM the only true story that seems similar is when terrorists took over an embassy and the hostages were often playing against the terrorists when the miliary attacked during the match. This took place in Peru in 1997. It came out later that terrorists who had surrended were gunned down and the military forces shot the dead militants during the course of the raid to make sure they were dead and not just playing possum.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_embassy_hostage_crisis

It sounds similar but I'm sure it isn't this. The military didn't come until the riots had started up (I believe a gang war was triggered inside) and the scene was while people were hanging up clothes or at a clothes line. No terriosts were involved

UnbearablyBlight
Nov 4, 2009

hello i am your heart how nice to meet you
This movie has been haunting me since I saw it at my Grandma's house about 10 years ago. It was on TV, though I'm not sure whether it was made for TV, and it may have been called "Cafe [Something]".

As far as I can remember, it's about a Scandinavian/other Nordic nationality woman who gets stranded in a small town in the Midwest. The actress was quite fat and had long blond braids. The movie was memorable to me because of one scene in particular, where, for some reason, the main character is imagining herself in the stereotypical "cannibal pot" situation, only she's topless, and has really gigantic floppy boobs that flail around as she panics. This really shocked me at the time, since I was a sheltered child and didn't know that kind of thing was allowed. My Grandma thought it was hilarious because she's awesome.

Anyway, Googling "cannibal nudity movie" hasn't really gotten me anywhere (except on numerous watchlists, I'm sure), so if someone has an idea what this might have been, I would be thrilled to hear it! At this point I'm just really hoping it isn't something I imagined.

SaintFu
Aug 27, 2006

Where's your god now?

Esme posted:

This movie has been haunting me since I saw it at my Grandma's house about 10 years ago. It was on TV, though I'm not sure whether it was made for TV, and it may have been called "Cafe [Something]".

As far as I can remember, it's about a Scandinavian/other Nordic nationality woman who gets stranded in a small town in the Midwest. The actress was quite fat and had long blond braids. The movie was memorable to me because of one scene in particular, where, for some reason, the main character is imagining herself in the stereotypical "cannibal pot" situation, only she's topless, and has really gigantic floppy boobs that flail around as she panics. This really shocked me at the time, since I was a sheltered child and didn't know that kind of thing was allowed. My Grandma thought it was hilarious because she's awesome.

Anyway, Googling "cannibal nudity movie" hasn't really gotten me anywhere (except on numerous watchlists, I'm sure), so if someone has an idea what this might have been, I would be thrilled to hear it! At this point I'm just really hoping it isn't something I imagined.

It sounds an awful lot like Bagdad Cafe.

northerain
Apr 8, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump

White Legs posted:

Is it this one: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1242422/

UnbearablyBlight
Nov 4, 2009

hello i am your heart how nice to meet you

SaintFu posted:

It sounds an awful lot like Bagdad Cafe.

YES. Thank you, I'm so glad I didn't imagine this.

VoodooSchmoodoo
Sep 15, 2007

What's that there, then? Oh.
I'm trying to remember a film I only saw part of.

There are a bunch of soldiers in the woods being picked off one by one; it's sort of like a cross between Predator and Deliverance. I only saw the middle part of it so I may be misremembering. It's not Dog Soldiers, I think it was set in the US and might be a straight to DVD flick.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

VoodooSchmoodoo posted:

There are a bunch of soldiers in the woods being picked off one by one; it's sort of like a cross between Predator and Deliverance. I only saw the middle part of it so I may be misremembering. It's not Dog Soldiers, I think it was set in the US and might be a straight to DVD flick.

Maybe, Outpost? With everyone's favourite Ray Stevenson

kapalama
Aug 15, 2007

:siren:EVERYTHING I SAY ABOUT JAPAN OR LIVING IN JAPAN IS COMPLETELY WRONG, BUT YOU BETTER BELIEVE I'LL :spergin: ABOUT IT.:siren:

PLEASE ADD ME TO YOUR IGNORE LIST.

IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A JAPAN THREAD, PLEASE PM A MODERATOR SO THAT I CAN BE BANNED.

VoodooSchmoodoo posted:

Southern Comfort?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telegnostic
Apr 24, 2008
Could also be First Blood.