Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
Does anyone know how to extract the sound track from the game files?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tecman
Sep 11, 2003

Loading the Universe...
Please Wait.

Pillbug
Just use the Modplug player with this plugin in its folder to play them. You can just use Winamp, but then you won't be able to skip round the whole track, finding the action / speech / death loops and such.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

Tecman posted:

Just use the Modplug player with this plugin in its folder to play them. You can just use Winamp, but then you won't be able to skip round the whole track, finding the action / speech / death loops and such.

Thanks!

usually
Sep 9, 2004

e

usually fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Jul 19, 2011

CaptainWinky
Jun 13, 2001

DVD Drive posted:

There's a computer in the Underworld Bar?

No, it's on the public news terminal.

xX_WEED_GOKU_Xx
Apr 30, 2010

by Ozma

SeanBeansShako posted:

I got to give points to Tracer Tongs VA, shooting down the shoot of the destructing UC in Versalife and when he starts to look deep into the grey deaths structure with all the numbers he gets the whole 'do you SEE' tone of somebody telling somebody a conspiracy fact.

That always makes me laugh because I have a friend who is exactly like that.

BlackCircle
Oct 21, 2005

I did Nazi that butt coming
If I can make a request. Does anyone have the infolink sound lying around? I can't find it in the sound. folder in my Deus Ex folder and I really want to use it as a cell phone alert. Someone had posted it a while ago but I can't find it anymore.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
So yeah, completed Invisible War and went with the Helios Denton ending. So underwhelming.

One game I doubt I'll ever install again unless I get really really bored.

fuxxo
Feb 17, 2010

Fucking Pokemon, how do they Surf?

Male Man posted:

I'll make it a bit easier to find. Check my posts in this thread. The first list is a bit incomplete, so make sure you find the second: it should have every weapon, though there may be two instances of some that I didn't account for.

Found it before you posted, but thanks anyways!

Turns out I only missed the jackhammer, I-LAW and prototype sword MKII, but I've had to drop/leave behind a few.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

BlackCircle posted:

If I can make a request. Does anyone have the infolink sound lying around? I can't find it in the sound. folder in my Deus Ex folder and I really want to use it as a cell phone alert. Someone had posted it a while ago but I can't find it anymore.
I never customise my phone beyond making everything as quiet and un-annoying as possible and want to do this as well.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Thirded, we definitely need that as iPhone tone.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

SeanBeansShako posted:

So yeah, completed Invisible War and went with the Helios Denton ending. So underwhelming.

One game I doubt I'll ever install again unless I get really really bored.

at least do the Just Kill Everyone ending, just for fun

Gabriel Grub
Dec 18, 2004
The JC Denton ending is vague, but it certainly doesn't look like what he was describing. In fact listening to the Illuminati douchebags is the only path that produces an ending that isn't creepy and depressing.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Steakandchips posted:

Thirded, we definitely need that as iPhone tone.

Or even a Deus Ex inspired Cell phone interface theme

:allears:

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

SeanBeansShako posted:

Never reinstall? Agreed, but the Denton ending got my attention. I think it's one of the things that IW did right, that ISA made a perfect democracy seem abhorrent.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

fuxxo posted:

Found it before you posted, but thanks anyways!

Turns out I only missed the jackhammer, I-LAW and prototype sword MKII, but I've had to drop/leave behind a few.
Don't worry about the jackhammer. It's kind of a novelty and the Boomstick served me much better as my endgame shotgun. The fact that you can chamber multiple rounds means the Simons boss fight is over in less than a second if you want it to be and it's powerful enough to drop goons in one shot and spider bots in two sabot shots.

Gaph
May 15, 2007

Angry Diplomat posted:

I discovered something very cool in Shifter: the Electrostatic Discharge aug is a lot more useful than it seems. Hitting bots in melee isn't really a brilliant idea most of the time, but the aug really starts to shine when you realize you can hit cameras and tripwire projectors to temporarily gently caress them up. This makes the stealthy approach vastly easier in some parts - you can just crouch down and give the low projectors a little tap to short them out, then creep silently through the now-flickering beams without triggering the alarm.

You can use the fire extinguisher and the pepper spray to safely block and pass beams in vanilla DX too.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

Gaph posted:

You can use the fire extinguisher and the pepper spray to safely block and pass beams in vanilla DX too.
Whaaaaat? Wow.

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug
I've tried the fire extinguisher but all it does is surround and choke me.

Fnoigy
Apr 9, 2007

I'm fine. Why do you ask?

BlackCircle posted:

Unless you're really attentive to your cell phone, you will never notice it. It's too subtle of a noise. If you want a ringtone you'll notice, try picking some sound that's relatively close in pitch/frequency to a baby's cry. That's one thing I noticed from past odd ringtones I've used, and that one thread a while back where somebody was requesting an ultra-noticeable ringtone, is that the best ones were rather close in pitch to a baby crying. Makes sense from a biological perspective, since we have such high parental investment.

VVVV I think cell phones these days tend to use mp3's, at least Verizon ones do. iTunes can quickly convert an imported wav sound file to mp3 (and also give you an occasional funny surprise if you shuffle songs.

Fnoigy fucked around with this message at 19:15 on May 13, 2010

Hell Patrol
Jan 1, 2002

BlackCircle posted:

Will wav files work? I just exported the whole UserInterface sound section from UnrealEd. Download link to rar

Also here's a very flattering picture of Jaime Reyes, with special guests Walton Slimmons and Lucius DeBlobs.

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.
What do you guys do with Lucius Debeers? Do you tell him that Everett is going to keep him frozen, lie to him, or just unhook his machine and watch him die?

Me, I like to pick one of the three at random and hope for the best.

Doodmons
Jan 17, 2009
Wow, I did the 'spray Jock's beer with a fire extinguisher to make it cold so he'll drink it' thing in my latest playthrough and I'm stunned that it actually works. I always thought everybody was joking about that. It just seems such a convoluted thing to do. While the extra dialogue is quite cool, it's nothing as illuminating as the dialogue you get for saving Lebedev. I was expecting some endgame spoilers at least, since he was talking about Area 51. Still, nice touch.

Fnoigy
Apr 9, 2007

I'm fine. Why do you ask?

Doodmons posted:

Wow, I did the 'spray Jock's beer with a fire extinguisher to make it cold so he'll drink it' thing in my latest playthrough and I'm stunned that it actually works. I always thought everybody was joking about that. It just seems such a convoluted thing to do. While the extra dialogue is quite cool, it's nothing as illuminating as the dialogue you get for saving Lebedev. I was expecting some endgame spoilers at least, since he was talking about Area 51. Still, nice touch.

I tried that, and he simply said he liked the ones the bartender had better (which technically IS different from him complaining they're warm).

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Fnoigy posted:

I tried that, and he simply said he liked the ones the bartender had better (which technically IS different from him complaining they're warm).

Just buy him a drat beer you cheapskates. The extent that goons will go to in order to save a few bucks astounds and amazes me.

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug
Maybe they're saving up for Smuggler's horrible prices

Doodmons
Jan 17, 2009

Boogle posted:

Just buy him a drat beer you cheapskates. The extent that goons will go to in order to save a few bucks astounds and amazes me.

Well I bought him a beer and he told me 'it was warm, get one from the bartender' so I sprayed it with a fire extinguisher and it worked. I guess you need a) a bartender beer instead of one you found in a bin and b) fire extinguisher. Still seems unusually convoluted just for extra dialogue.

Le Sean
Feb 18, 2006
Magazines call me a Rockstar, Girls call me Cockstar

Mike the TV posted:

Maybe they're saving up for Smuggler's horrible prices

I really wish there were a 'woot' option when you hear Smuggler has gotten his poo poo pushed in by Gunther. Because gently caress him. You need Expert level Gymnastics skills to even get down to his parent's basement where he lives with some hacker-hobo, all so that he tells you information that really isn't all that informative and tries to Nigeria scam you into trading value money for scraps you could easily find on a street corner.

If there were an option to sell him out myself, I'd choose it every time, especially since his hobosexual friend is infinitely more helpful, what with the upgrade cannister + cool information combo.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

isk posted:

Never reinstall? Agreed, but the Denton ending got my attention. I think it's one of the things that IW did right, that ISA made a perfect democracy seem abhorrent.

I thought it was really cool, how was it "abhorrent" to you?

CaptainWinky
Jun 13, 2001

Le Sean posted:

I really wish there were a 'woot' option when you hear Smuggler has gotten his poo poo pushed in by Gunther. Because gently caress him. You need Expert level Gymnastics skills to even get down to his parent's basement where he lives with some hacker-hobo, all so that he tells you information that really isn't all that informative and tries to Nigeria scam you into trading value money for scraps you could easily find on a street corner.

If there were an option to sell him out myself, I'd choose it every time, especially since his hobosexual friend is infinitely more helpful, what with the upgrade cannister + cool information combo.

I never buy anything from Smuggler either, but I always raid his safe which usually has a couple weapon mods in it every time. I just pretend it's part of my pay for helping Ford.

usually
Sep 9, 2004

e

usually fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Jul 19, 2011

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

jonjonaug posted:

I thought it was really cool, how was it "abhorrent" to you?

Too purely utilitarian to me. Had I seen it at 14 it would've been the coolest poo poo ever. Now, I'm reluctant of removing the human element (judgment, independence, fallibility - call it what you want) from any equation like that.

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

That's one happy fucking egg!
Talking of Smuggler, how the gently caress do you find out the code for his safe? I always end up having to waste Multitools on it.

Mathemagician
Aug 21, 2003

tell me some more
Supposedly (according to this thread) it's on the rafters in his place but I've checked and never found it. It's 432 (I just remember it by the same as the apartment)

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.
College Slice
Hey what is the big hatch that goes outside at the undersea base for? Way back when i played this game for the first time I thought I was to swim to the section with the green lights from this hatch and spent a good hour drowning before I found out it wasn't the case.

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Sten Freak posted:

Hey what is the big hatch that goes outside at the undersea base for? Way back when i played this game for the first time I thought I was to swim to the section with the green lights from this hatch and spent a good hour drowning before I found out it wasn't the case.

You need a rebreather to get to some of the flooded parts of the base.

30 Second Artbomb
Apr 16, 2006

call the police

Boogle posted:

You need a rebreather to get to some of the flooded parts of the base.

My lungs are augmented.

Puppy
Jan 29, 2009

I do not belong here.
So whenever I play vanilla Deus Ex, I always put one point in the Computer skill line, so that I never get stuck having to hunt for some obscure datacube. However, having played through recently, it seemed like there were a number of points which were *only* accessible to someone with a point in Computers.

I'm curious now: Does every computer, security terminal, ATM, and keypad in the game have a corresponding datacube hidden SOMEWHERE that will let you use it if you don't have any points in Computers? Or are some of them only accessible by hacking?

Similarly, with locked doors: I noticed that I get two different messages whenever I try to open a door with my Nano Key Ring: "It's locked" or "Your Nano Key Ring doesn't have the right code." Does the latter imply that there is a key hidden somewhere in the level that I haven't found yet, and the former means that the only way through is to pick the lock?

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.

Puppy posted:

So whenever I play vanilla Deus Ex, I always put one point in the Computer skill line, so that I never get stuck having to hunt for some obscure datacube. However, having played through recently, it seemed like there were a number of points which were *only* accessible to someone with a point in Computers.

I'm curious now: Does every computer, security terminal, ATM, and keypad in the game have a corresponding datacube hidden SOMEWHERE that will let you use it if you don't have any points in Computers? Or are some of them only accessible by hacking?
Yeah, some of them need to be hacked. It's worth taking your Computer skill up to Advanced from the start for this reason.

Puppy posted:

Similarly, with locked doors: I noticed that I get two different messages whenever I try to open a door with my Nano Key Ring: "It's locked" or "Your Nano Key Ring doesn't have the right code." Does the latter imply that there is a key hidden somewhere in the level that I haven't found yet, and the former means that the only way through is to pick the lock?
This is exactly right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

usually
Sep 9, 2004

e

usually fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Jul 19, 2011