Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

ToxicWind posted:

From a recent performance in sweden:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vek6znZEWY4#t=1m30s
"I'll sleep when I'm dead"
I don't understand why a lot of people are always saying that she needs to take a break/rest/etc.
That performance is fantastic, and for some reason I believe she knows when she is working to hard, etc...

It all started when that video of her in New Zealand came out where she looked like she was about to pass out. I think she is working harder than most pop stars but do hope that after the US tour she takes a mini-break to finish up her next album and get some rest before the next tour in 2011. I wouldn't be surprised if she feels like she could work until she dies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

F.F. Woodycooks posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if she feels like she could work until she dies.
I think she's made it clear that if she wasn't working, she'd be doing a lot of drugs.

Irilly Dunnoe
Jan 13, 2010

But when turning her head at an extreme angle fails to produce a life-altering epiphany, she usually just short-circuits and rolls on her back.

F.F. Woodycooks posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if she feels like she could work until she dies.

As long as it's not anytime soon, I can't say I'd object to this. Working seems to make her extremely happy, and as long as she's happy, she'll continue to produce fantastic music and art, as well as legions of adoring fans. Whatever winds up happening, she'll leave behind an amazing legacy, and she'll have changed the face of pop music and pop culture substantially.

But let's not dwell on such things just yet.

realqueenbetty
Nov 2, 2005

And then swing your swift sword, sister
Swing your swift sword now
Swing your swift sword, sister, sister

Crows Turn Off posted:

I think she's made it clear that if she wasn't working, she'd be doing a lot of drugs.
Where/when has she said that?

I think the concern about her working so much is the fact that touring can be draining and stressful. To announce extension after extension on top of all her ongoing projects sounds like it could be overwhelming for her. But, yeah, she knows her limitations better than anyone else. It's just that we really like her and don't want her to get all chewed up.

F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

realqueenbetty posted:

I don't know if she said EXACTLY that, but she has a history of drug problems. She said she used to take a lot of LSD and do a shitload of coke before she started. I remember she said she was high on LSD one time and wandered into a forest because she thought she saw Thom Yorke in it. She said she would also sit alone in her apartment listening to The Cure and do coke by herself, or as she would tell her friends, "I wouldn't be alone, it would be my mirror and myself"

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

F.F. Woodycooks posted:

I don't know if she said EXACTLY that, but she has a history of drug problems. She said she used to take a lot of LSD and do a shitload of coke before she started. I remember she said she was high on LSD one time and wandered into a forest because she thought she saw Thom Yorke in it. She said she would also sit alone in her apartment listening to The Cure and do coke by herself, or as she would tell her friends, "I wouldn't be alone, it would be my mirror and myself"

People who knew her before she was Lady Gaga also say this isn't true, and it's part of her act. She's also said she doesn't drink while she tours because she wants to give everything to her performances. Her rider never has alcohol in it, and is actually pretty boring compared to most pop stars'.

I know I've watched her give an interview where she explained the alcohol thing (and even the hummus in her rider) but I can't seem to find it.

Edit: found it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZieyLC-onBw

El Gar fucked around with this message at 00:15 on May 12, 2010

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

realqueenbetty posted:

She said that creating music replaced her drug habit. So, if she wasn't creating music....

That is, if she wasn't lying about doing "bags and bags of cocaine," which is a direct quote.

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001
People are saying she needs to take a break because she seems to be the hardest working musician of her stature. She's on every TV show as a guest or performer, she at least attends all the award shows, magazine interviews, tweeting all the time, she's doing a worldwide tour, and recording a new album already even though the last one came out six months ago.

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxDlC7YV5is&feature=related

This kid rules.

F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

By the way guys, that Gaga fanzine is up for sale now for 12 bucks including shipping. Just bought myself a copy!

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001

F.F. Woodycooks posted:

By the way guys, that Gaga fanzine is up for sale now for 12 bucks including shipping. Just bought myself a copy!

$12 for a zine? How big is it?

Back in the days when people actually made fanzines on a regular basis they usually went for a buck or two and return shipping.

F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

The Remote Viewer posted:

$12 for a zine? How big is it?

Back in the days when people actually made fanzines on a regular basis they usually went for a buck or two and return shipping.

Says its 64 pages with a 16 page color insert

realqueenbetty
Nov 2, 2005

I wouldn't be surprised if she was fabricating or puffing up her former coke habit, given the delight she takes in messing with the public.

wraithgar posted:

Edit: found it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZieyLC-onBw
She's like the weird art school kid who's been working their rear end off since Day One, is now seeing the fruits of their labor, but isn't letting any of it go to their head. After seeing all these talentless celebrities act like insufferable divas, it's wonderful to see someone well-known act with kindness and genuineness.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

What the gently caress is those girls in the back's collective loving problem.

Not the half that are :O, the half that are :-|

gently caress those girls. They can eat a dick.

Also whoever comes up and MCs at the end. "IN MY OPINION HE JUST TOUGHT LADY GAGA A LESSON" gently caress you. Kid's cool, but gently caress you.

beadgc
Jun 11, 2005
bass

ToxicWind posted:

From a recent performance in Sweden in response to her needing to take a break:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vek6znZEWY4#t=1m30s
Bit more at 6:16 also.
I don't understand why a lot of people are always saying that she needs to take a break/rest/etc.
That performance is fantastic, and for some reason I believe she knows when she is working to hard, etc... Can't wait to see her in July.

I don't see how that performance proves she doesn't need to take a break. She said she knows she works herself into the ground and that alcohol will kill her one day. I was at that show right by the stage and she seemed to be in good shape but still, that poo poo ain't healthy. Hopefully it's just a part of her act.

Also, that kid's voice gives me the chills, very awesome!

beadgc fucked around with this message at 14:33 on May 12, 2010

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
... how can anyone watch that Sweden clip and say "yeah, she's going to be fine"?

News flash: Nobody can maintain the pace at which she's going. Talk like that is a pretty good sign that she knows exactly what kind of meltdown is coming.

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Sockser posted:

What the gently caress is those girls in the back's collective loving problem.

Do you remember middle school?

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

I saw her last night at O2 world in Berlin and it was the most fun I've ever had at a concert. I've been going to shows pretty regularly since 1991 (I know, I'm dating myself terribly) and I don't think I've ever experienced the level of performance, showmanship and just pure loving awesomeness that was Gaga. This was also my first "pop" concert (I'm too old to be a music snob anymore I guess) and I've vowed to go see her again in November when she comes here to Poland. My 3 friends who went with me did the same. I would see her again tonight and any night if it were possible. If anyone is on the fence about going to a show, loving DO IT.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

wraithgar posted:

Do you remember middle school?

Yeah but nobody ever did anything cool at my talent shows

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Sockser posted:

Yeah but nobody ever did anything cool at my talent shows
Some girl fell off the stage at one of my talent shows.

Not as her talent, of course, she was doing gymnastics.

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Well, isn't this a coincidence? So, um, how you doing? You're busy, I know and I don't want to distract you, please, don't let me interrupt you.
So the website is a little confusing, but I think I just used my Citibank card to prebuy Lady Gaga tickets for April 2011. I thought the website was saying this Friday at 10am was the presale, but it allowed me to just buy it right now.

Also, I didn't even have to use my Citibank card to actually buy them, they just wanted the code from my Citibank card to access the presale.

AgentHaiTo fucked around with this message at 23:29 on May 12, 2010

Action Man
Jan 31, 2007

I thought I'd share this with you guys, 'cause why not. My fiancée had to MC a fashion show her sorority was putting on, and a couple of weeks before that while we're both drunk she says to me:

"hey Action Man, could you make a telephone hat for me for the show?"
"what, like the one in the video?"
"yeah like that"
"poo poo yeah! I can do that! :cheers:"

Not one to shirk on drunk promises I had to follow through, and this is what happened. I don't think it's too shabby for not knowing the first thing about making hats.

Click here for the full 600x800 image.

realqueenbetty
Nov 2, 2005

That looks pretty good from a distance. The tape is a bit distracting if you look at it close up, but I love that you got a uniform color on it. I think Gaga would approve. Did you actually saw off parts of a rotary phone?

legsarerequired
Dec 31, 2007
College Slice
I want to make a hat like that for my costume. :( I just wonder how big it can be before it becomes a distraction to people sitting behind me.

EscalatorThief
Jul 28, 2006
Looks like she's added a few more dates for 2011! No news announcement that I saw, but they are on her events page now.

Feb 21: NYC
Feb 24: Washington D.C.
Mar 10: Columbus, Ohio
Mar 14: Dallas
Mar 15: San Antonio
Mar 19: Salt Lake City
Mar 28: Los Angeles
Apr 18: Duluth, Georgia

The thing that I don't get is that she already has an April 18th date in Atlanta!
I'm hoping she plans another Detroit date otherwise it looks like I'm driving to Ohio.

EDIT: Update! These events are no longer listed on the events page of her website. Keep your eyes open though!

EscalatorThief fucked around with this message at 05:33 on May 14, 2010

F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

EscalatorThief posted:

Looks like she's added a few more dates for 2011! No news announcement that I saw, but they are on her events page now.

The thing that I don't get is that she already has an April 18th date in Atlanta!
I'm hoping she plans another Detroit date otherwise it looks like I'm driving to Ohio.

Auggh you are killing me Gaga! I wish these dates wouldn't go on sale so early since I just spent 800 bucks on this years tour and Lolla tickets. It just sucks because I know that her third album will be out by then and I'll be 21 by those shows.

Humanist Manifesto
Feb 18, 2009

Death To No One.
Peace Be Unto All.

Holy. gently caress.
I wonder if Gaga has seen this already? This kid is going places.

F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

Humanist Manifesto posted:

Holy. gently caress.
I wonder if Gaga has seen this already? This kid is going places.

The kid was on Ellen today and she called in and talked to him.

Humanist Manifesto
Feb 18, 2009

Death To No One.
Peace Be Unto All.
http://tv.yahoo.com/blog/lady-gaga-to-paparazzi-singer-12-stay-away-from-girls--1234

^ Yeah I just now saw it. He's adorable :3:

Neena
May 11, 2007

No male will ever handle my massive CoX!
Wait, I meant boobs! Wait!
FISTS, Shit!

EscalatorThief posted:

The Gwinnett Center Arena, which is where the April 18th show is, is in Duluth so I don't think that's actually a new show. They're just being a little more specific than "Atlanta", I think.

I want to go to that show so bad too, but there's no way I can afford tickets right now. I'll just hope they don't totally sell out before I have the money. Really want Little Monster Zone, but that's probably a pipe dream :( I was planning to make a road trip to either the Raleigh or Charlotte shows in September, because neither of them are sold out yet (at least there were still some $87 tickets last I checked). I think I may still try to do that, because it's almost guaranteed to be a different show at least slightly than when she comes to Atlanta in '11.

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Well, isn't this a coincidence? So, um, how you doing? You're busy, I know and I don't want to distract you, please, don't let me interrupt you.
I'll be at the April 18th show in Duluth. It seems so far away, but I'm just gonna try to forget I bought so it just sneaks up on me. We got the Citibank pre-sale tickets. Ended up being about 400 bucks total for two tickets.

Action Man
Jan 31, 2007

realqueenbetty posted:

That looks pretty good from a distance. The tape is a bit distracting if you look at it close up, but I love that you got a uniform color on it. I think Gaga would approve. Did you actually saw off parts of a rotary phone?

Yeah, I took cannibalized two rotary phones and a hard hat. I couldn't figure out a good way to connect all the cardboard pieces and conceal the edges at the same time without tape. If she wants to wear it again for something else i'm considering finding something thick to coat the whole thing to conceal tape and repainting it. I'll post some in progress pictures later. It was a little bit of an engineering feat getting it all sit right. Serious props to whoever produced the original.

EscalatorThief
Jul 28, 2006
OK, so apparently those 8 dates I posted have now been REMOVED from her list of events on her website. Not sure if they will return but I think so; they seemed to follow a tour pattern with the others.

E: Another update! Two more dates have been removed from her events list: the March 3rd Toronto date and the April 13th Miami show. There's no news on what is going on with them. I hope it's just website things.

2E: Checked again this morning, the NYC that was posted yesterday is back. Personally, I'm going to assume they are all still existing.

EscalatorThief fucked around with this message at 12:51 on May 14, 2010

ArmoredBlue
Jul 1, 2007

Furthering the gay Mexican agenda.
If you've ever wanted to see Gaga sing "Don't Stop Believing" with Elton John, Sting, Springsteen, and others, your wish has come true! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcIEEdTiNak

Note that there are probably better versions of this if you look around.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

ArmoredBlue posted:

If you've ever wanted to see Gaga sing "Don't Stop Believing" with Elton John, Sting, Springsteen, and others, your wish has come true! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcIEEdTiNak

Elton really isn't doing well, is he? :(

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

ArmoredBlue posted:

Gaga's shoes are so awesome, and she's having so much fun with them, but god Elton looks out of it :( And she's trying to help him and sing with him but he's just like :confused:

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Those shoes are loving with my head

realqueenbetty
Nov 2, 2005

Jesus, could that jerk not hold the camera straight? I think Elton's showing his age, but I thought he was doing fine. Gaga looked fabulous as always, but I would've liked to see more of the others.

I had trouble seeing the shoes, but it looked like they had massive platforms but no heel. Frankly, I'm surprised she hasn't worn something like that yet.

This pair's like a whole size too big for this model.

Firequirks
Apr 15, 2007

realqueenbetty posted:

I had trouble seeing the shoes, but it looked like they had massive platforms but no heel. Frankly, I'm surprised she hasn't worn something like that yet.
Oh, she has. I'm surprised that they weren't more noticed when she posted this picture:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

realqueenbetty
Nov 2, 2005

That's the same pair, though (and they are awesome).

• Locked thread